Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I find it fairly easy to bait the hook out of roadhog though I still get got sometimes cuz it's a sweet hook. I like playing the hog but I think he's not that good right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I find it fairly easy to bait the hook out of roadhog though I still get got sometimes cuz it's a sweet hook. I like playing the hog but I think he's not that good right now...

git gud.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hog kind of has to rely on either being insanely good or just really lucky to hit a tracer so I usually take the odds unless they keep taking me down, since you shred his gigantic headbox.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm deece at him I just think right now DVa is usually a better pick and you almost always have a reinhart. Though Roadhog might be better than Reinhart on KOTH maps.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wish at least on quickplay you could join like playlist things where you only get KOTH or payload or whatever. KOTH is win.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Roadhog is good whenever the other team has squishy characters which they always do 100% of the time (Genji, Tracer, Stupid rear end Arrowman, Zenyatta, Mercy) so he's a strong pick at all times, imo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hog counters virtually everything and if you miss with the hook you probably have a brain disease because it's such a bullshit hitbox lol

even the classes that counter him (pharrah, snipers, etc.) die in one hit to that stupid thing and every other tank can't fight him 1v1

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That feel when you hook Pharah out of her ult and send 5000 shards of metal through her skull.

http://i.imgur.com/SUZIi4S.mp4

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Hogs my new fave.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Still think Zarya or D.va are better picks most of the time. He's good still but not on as many maps as he used to since they made Dva more usable, imo...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That feel when you hook Pharah out of her ult and send 5000 shards of metal through her skull.

http://i.imgur.com/SUZIi4S.mp4

Just hooking pharah at all is the bee's knees... But agreed. Rest in peace Paul Bearer.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Best Hog feels:

1. Hooking a Lucio off of a wallride
2. Hooking a Bastion out of sentry mode
3. Hooking a Reaper out of ult

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

For fun: Hook Reinhart/Bastion and watch them flail around uselessly.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Not to mention the pitfall hooks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

hog counters virtually everything and if you miss with the hook you probably have a brain disease because it's such a bullshit hitbox lol

even the classes that counter him (pharrah, snipers, etc.) die in one hit to that stupid thing and every other tank can't fight him 1v1

I think the hook is kinda like Bastion where at first people weren't sure how to handle it so they thought it was broken and as you play more you get more of a sense of dealing with it. It's still bizarre the kinds of things that get hooked sometimes which might be up to the netcode or whatever too but I don't feel like it's that crazy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Best Hog feels:

1. Hooking a Lucio off of a wallride
2. Hooking a Bastion out of sentry mode
3. Hooking a Reaper out of ult

What about doing a 180 and hooking a genji. KreyGasm

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hog's secondary fire also instagibs everything if you hit it just right lol. i really hate him

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

"If you hit it just right" is a bigger ask than your making it sound though since it's a projectile and has an extremely specific range...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Still think Zarya or D.va are better picks most of the time. He's good still but not on as many maps as he used to since they made Dva more usable, imo...

Hogs real strength is having 2 ways to deny enemy ultimates. Hook, obviously, and his ult can disrupt aiming. His heal is insane too and charges his ult like madd

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wow, just looked up Bob's hook accuracy and it's 42% and he's only played Hog for 24 minutes... You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hogs real strength is having 2 ways to deny enemy ultimates. Hook, obviously, and his ult can disrupt aiming. His heal is insane too and charges his ult like madd

His drinking the juice animation makes me insanely thirsty every time.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Wow, just looked up Bob's hook accuracy and it's 42% and he's only played Hog for 24 minutes... You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover...

lmao i hate playing as hog. its waiting around for the hook to charge and hiding a lot, or else you're an ult battery for the other team.

i understand he has counters but hes just very annoying to fight

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You can be a complete badass as hog IMO... Give him another shot. Maybe you build the ults but so does any tank, but Hog can hook people out of ults.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
I'm terrible with RH but if you know how to use him well like synthy does, he's pretty god drat unbeatable.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My hook accuracy is like 42 as well I think but you can't talk poo poo about people missing hooks if you ain't above average at it yourself... It's just gamer etiquette.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell the whole point of being a tank in the game is people have to hit you or else the whole team is going to get hosed up really soon. Maybe you weren't in the right mentality when you played him.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao i hate playing as hog. its waiting around for the hook to charge and hiding a lot, or else you're an ult battery for the other team.

i understand he has counters but hes just very annoying to fight

Yeah what kind of tank class gets shot at lmao, get a clue kid

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bob the Hanzo Picker

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He's a Junkrat main I believe and only played Hanzo once, to be fair...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah what kind of tank class gets shot at lmao, get a clue kid

rh is a big sack of ult juice, while hes tanky hes also the easiest target in the game and gets shredded by some teamwork fast. good hogs hide around corners

Wormskull posted:

He's a Junkrat main I believe and only played Hanzo once, to be fair...

i have a lot of faves but i dont play the snipers, zarya or mercy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i knew a guy who had some 2k hours in tf2 and it was almost solely medic and there's apparently tons of players like that, very creepy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The people who got into TF2 got epically into it. I've seen people in like the new competitive matchmaking thing they have saying that if you don't have at least 1.5K hours in TF2 you should be shot in the head if you try to do the competitive matchmaking lmao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frankly I think if you didn't get good enough to do something in 100 hours of playing a game the next 1400 isn't going to change how you play even close to as significantly.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Frankly I think if you didn't get good enough to do something in 100 hours of playing a game the next 1400 isn't going to change how you play even close to as significantly.

yeah once you know the maps+classes and player habits there's not much room for improvement. theres so many drat classes in OW though you'll see prestiged people saying "this is my first time playing genji" and dying all over the place

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thought the eSports side of tf2 was crazy. There's no one more obnoxious about their game than a Competitive TF2 Player no matter what their skill level but the actual eSports of the game was so tiny and obscure even compared to a dead game like Quake lmao.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Roadhog's definitely my fave.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well there's always room for improvement but the rate you improve approaches a steep plateau unless you make practicing the game your full time job. But yea.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or it curves sharply to a plateau or however you say it. Most people can't commit to being epic at poo poo so they plateau in 50 hours and just play thousands more essentially as well as they ever will... Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3y9llDXuM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I thought the eSports side of tf2 was crazy. There's no one more obnoxious about their game than a Competitive TF2 Player no matter what their skill level but the actual eSports of the game was so tiny and obscure even compared to a dead game like Quake lmao.

god bless some of the videos those people made though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAKp7Efyu_w

• Locked thread