Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Somefool posted:

ALSO I NEED LEE FOR MERCS ON MONDAYS!

I can autofarm him now, so that shouldn't take too long. If I don't have him ready by next week, I can supply a Reina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

I can autofarm him now, so that shouldn't take too long. If I don't have him ready by next week, I can supply a Reina.

It has to be Lee specifically because his 2nd and 3rd skill is a 5 range diamond. Being able to have a super long range diagonal attack is required to avoid being hit by the boss.

edit: I actually don't even care if your Lee isn't skilled up. As long as he's like 4*, I will take him. The 2nd Lee is there to build up the skill gauge.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 8, 2016

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Somefool posted:

It has to be Lee specifically because his 2nd and 3rd skill is a 5 range diamond. Being able to have a super long range diagonal attack is required to avoid being hit by the boss.

edit: I actually don't even care if your Lee isn't skilled up. As long as he's like 4*, I will take him. The 2nd Lee is there to build up the skill gauge.

Put my merc up as Lee, anyone else got one?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

MooselanderII posted:

Put my merc up as Lee, anyone else got one?

Used your merc, got all 50 turns in. 4.4mil points in a single run without having to fiddle with guild skills. It did take 10 minutes though, so there's that.

Need to make a few adjustments though. Lilid has to be tanky if you want him to grab the 2nd scissor title. Sione is not needed but you will miss out on a huge damage bonus. If you don't have Sione, put a paper type hero in her place so you can build gauge in that spot from the rock minions that spawn. You also want to put the strongest Lee at the bottom part of the map. The Lee in the center will waste a turn attacking the minion that spawns near him while the bottom Lee will always target the boss.

This is definitely an easy SS- rank if I can get 5 Lee mercs.

edit: Don't forget to max out Lily and Lilid's 3rd skill while working towards Lee.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 9, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Somefool posted:

Used your merc, got all 50 turns in. 4.4mil points in a single run without having to fiddle with guild skills. It did take 10 minutes though, so there's that.

Need to make a few adjustments though. Lilid has to be tanky if you want him to grab the 2nd scissor title. Sione is not needed but you will miss out on a huge damage bonus. If you don't have Sione, put a paper type hero in her place so you can build gauge in that spot from the rock minions that spawn. You also want to put the strongest Lee at the bottom part of the map. The Lee in the center will waste a turn attacking the minion that spawns near him while the bottom Lee will always target the boss.

This is definitely an easy SS- rank if I can get 5 Lee mercs.

edit: Don't forget to max out Lily and Lilid's 3rd skill while working towards Lee.

Is the immobilization on Lilid's 3rd necessary, then? I'll start pumping it up; I run all of the Nereid bosses anyhow because they're really energy -> gold/exp efficient.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

Is the immobilization on Lilid's 3rd necessary, then? I'll start pumping it up; I run all of the Nereid bosses anyhow because they're really energy -> gold/exp efficient.

Whoops, might've misread Lilid's 3rd skill. I thought the pull was like Lily's where it has a chance of it working. I guess the pull always work and the immobilization is chance based.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I NEED MORE LEES! GIVE ME YOUR lovely LEES! :argh:

Anyway, Wednesday's raid is a lot more difficult to prepare for.

Once again, building skill gauge is extremely important for this strat to work. It's even more important for Wednesday because the boss is a rock type so both Lees will do way less damage.

Nox is definitely a must because he gives everyone lava terrain bonus. This is important for survival AND for gaining the terrain bonus for skill gauge. If you do not have Nox, there is a way around this. You need either 3pc Cave Chaser or 2pc Dragon Slayer to get the lava terrain bonus. Without the lava bonus, you actually have to pay attention to the battle and swap between healing and shelling the boss.

Alex is a very nice addition. He gains type and directional advantage to help you build up gauge even faster. If you get him up for damage, he contributes even more. If you want Alex to be useful here, prioritize his 2nd skill over his 3rd.

It's a lot more difficult to score on this map because the type disadvantage so building up the skill gauge quickly helps a lot. If you don't have Alex, you will have a much lower score. If you don't have Nox, you might as well not use this method due to how long you have to babysit the game.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I don't even have Lee yet. I may have been neglecting my story progression (still in foose)

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Right, so I did some further testing and found that you can do the Lee strat on Wednesdays without your own Lee.

As long as you can provide your own Lilid/Lily/Nox/Alex, you can just borrow a Lee and set it up like you normally would. As long as Alex and Lee gets directional bonus from the boss, you can farm all 50 rounds with the majority of the score coming from the shelling skill.

If you have your own Lee and Alex, you can also just solo it. Not having 2 Lees means you miss out on 1~2mil more points but seeing as how we don't even have 5 Lee mercs, this is better than nothing. I somehow managed to milk out 3.8mil points doing it by myself. You probably won't get that much if your Alex and Lee aren't geared.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
How am I supposed to deal with reflected damage? My Jack just imploded himself on armor storage 10. :stonk:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Black coocoo breakdown for next week:

1 - Knight of Dawn, Born Assassin, Ketarh Apprentice
2 - Cave Chaser, Legion Banner, Root Vine Walk
3 - I Perform the Surgery, Outer Space, Mad Guitarist
4 - Defender of the Earth, Dragon Slayer, Star Song
5 - Klein's Secret Notebook, Die to Live, Hellish Flame's Guide

Rank 1 is the star of the show as far as I'm concerned. Go for the knight of dawn and born assassin, and live with the +13 Ketarh Apprentice to help with your area characters MP problems.

3, 4, and 5 all have good S and SS, but mediocre to bad A ranks, while the only worthwhile thing on 2 is the SS, but at least that's good with 2 pieces.

Seriously, don't pull 2 unless you really want a second cave chaser piece.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

What did you guys use to auto-farm lee? I'm having a hell of a time getting auto battle to succeed on his stages.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Vincent Valentine posted:

What did you guys use to auto-farm lee? I'm having a hell of a time getting auto battle to succeed on his stages.

For chaos, I used Krut, Mu, Serendi, and Jack, with the Elektra piece of crap tagging along. I think I did this with a combined battle score of 100 or so when I was starting out, but that might be a little bit higher than what you need.

Hell is a lot harder because of the stupid swamp messing up the AI. Krut, Mu, Serendi, Raiziel, and any other swamp walker is good here. You might need to check in every once in a while to hit grace, I know I did for a little bit. If you have Belle, it becomes a LOT easier to auto this one.

I don't recall anything special for hard.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Generally for Lee, you want something like +9 uniques with decent potentials for your heroes.

Chaos Lee isn't very hard. Elektra eats up a slot but you don't have to gear her. Jack with high defense with +% damage potentials helps a ton. If you have Muzaka and Krut, gear both of them up. Besides that, bring your highest damage dealers.

Hell Lee is a bit more difficult. In order for heroes to get out of the swamp maze without swamp walk, they need at least 5 movement. Jack and Krut can naturally walk out of the maze easily. Besides that, start gearing up heroes with swamp walk. Serendi is highly recommended and if you have Raizel, bring him too.

Just a reminder that dungeon resets are still half off so if you want to get Lee genes a bit faster, reset his dungeon on double gene day. :v:

Still fine to blow crystals on 2x gene days for Lee.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 11, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Somefool posted:

Just a reminder that dungeon resets are still half off so if you want to get Lee genes a bit faster, reset his dungeon on double gene day.

Sadly, that seems to have expired today.

Might just do it anyhow, though.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Black coocoos no longer for sale after August 18.

I wonder what the new system/gatcha will be.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/aug18thurs-end-of-sales-announcement-black-equipment-capsule/1784226028458375

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
1 set item/firstborn child.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

Black coocoos no longer for sale after August 18.

I wonder what the new system/gatcha will be.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/aug18thurs-end-of-sales-announcement-black-equipment-capsule/1784226028458375

Given this, I can't recommend that anybody buy anything until the new system comes out.

Whatever does almost -has- to be better than this lovely-rear end system.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Platinum items added into the pool. They will call it... Platinum Capsules!

edit: You told me not to pull.

I pulled.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 11, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Now that I've unlocked Belle, is there any reason for me to keep Mas? Does he bring anything to the table or can I permanently bench him?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Secx posted:

Now that I've unlocked Belle, is there any reason for me to keep Mas? Does he bring anything to the table or can I permanently bench him?

He has decent range and he gives a no-thought attack buff to your team, otherwise no. There's no specific niche where you need Mas either.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I did it! My first one!

... doesn't look like that big of a boost yet. I think I don't even have a 5* weapon yet, heh.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Woo, I hit 12 million for the Thursday guild raid. I've never gotten that close ever! Woo!

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So Barsark just posted this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRTw7Ieh6Bc

Once again, I need Lee mercs.

edit: I wasted 4 loving runs testing alternative heroes in case there isn't enough Lee mercs and guess what? You need 2 Lees because those 2 Lees standing there are required to force the boss to attack in the direction he's supposed to. If something goes wrong like Lily surviving, the entire thing is absolutely hosed because chances are the boss will fly towards a different direction.

So not only do I need high attack Lees, but also your Lee should have around 40% defense.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 12, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
Does it absolutely have to be Lee, then, rather than just a ranged attacker in this case? It seems like Rage might actually be a viable alternative for the Lee who stands closest. (I don't actually have Rage so I'm not sure what his hitboxes are like). At this point, guild raid is so about manipulating the AI that it may as well be a Carnage Heart mini-game.

I'm like 20 genes from Lee, so I should have him asap. Once he hits rank 5, I'm just going to move my Rai's gear (Cold-Hearted Sniper, Legendary Ranger, 2pc Omni-Omni) over to him. He should be pretty boss at that point.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

Does it absolutely have to be Lee, then, rather than just a ranged attacker in this case? It seems like Rage might actually be a viable alternative for the Lee who stands closest. (I don't actually have Rage so I'm not sure what his hitboxes are like). At this point, guild raid is so about manipulating the AI that it may as well be a Carnage Heart mini-game.

I'm like 20 genes from Lee, so I should have him asap. Once he hits rank 5, I'm just going to move my Rai's gear (Cold-Hearted Sniper, Legendary Ranger, 2pc Omni-Omni) over to him. He should be pretty boss at that point.

The thing about Lee's AI is that he will stand where he is if he's within the enemy's range and he tends to abuse the maximum range whenever possible.

Rage's AI might end up positioning himself closer to the enemy which I don't want. His 2nd skill have absolutely poo poo range, which is where the problem will arise because he has to reposition himself closer to the boss unlike Lee who will continue standing there until the boss is out of his 5 range skills.

If someone can put up a strong Lee later, I will confirm the strat and see if anything else can go wrong. Right now, this strat is probably the hardest to pull off without following the video 1:1.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

The thing about Lee's AI is that he will stand where he is if he's within the enemy's range and he tends to abuse the maximum range whenever possible.

Rage's AI might end up positioning himself closer to the enemy which I don't want. His 2nd skill have absolutely poo poo range, which is where the problem will arise because he has to reposition himself closer to the boss unlike Lee who will continue standing there until the boss is out of his 5 range skills.

If someone can put up a strong Lee later, I will confirm the strat and see if anything else can go wrong. Right now, this strat is probably the hardest to pull off without following the video 1:1.

Put my lee back up for you. Good luck. I'll probably try sometime this afternoon.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
They're giving away a 4* set capsule for filling this out, so everyone should probably do that.

e: It also turns out that you really, really don't want Rage for that strat, because he gives a move bonus on that map that fucks everything up.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 12, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Hodgepodge posted:

They're giving away a 4* set capsule for filling this out, so everyone should probably do that.

This should go in the OP to help new players.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
It's only until next week.

e: how strong does Lee need to be in order to be useful? I have him now, and can get him to 4* today if you need me to.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 12, 2016

kontona
May 3, 2003

trying to get lee up to 5 stars and farming genes for him now. i'll have him up this afternoon, but he def won't be maxed out.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Gif of the new hero Celestia

https://media.giphy.com/media/o0AsCW6Pz5uP6/giphy.gif

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

Put my lee back up for you. Good luck. I'll probably try sometime this afternoon.

Got the set up perfectly with your merc.

Here's what I noticed. The Lee closest to the boss during the setup will take the most damage. Your Lee with 48% defense dropped to 25% HP after the 1st turn and after healing via combat support, he dropped down further to like 10% HP. Looks like Lee needs to be somewhere around 70k+ HP and 45%+ defense to be safe. The Lee furthest from the boss won't be hit as much so place the weakest Lee there.

Gillan is placed in a way where he will only be able to heal Muzaka. Make sure Krut and Muza's defense are close to each other and Muza doesn't have high dodge. So what happened in my last run, my Muza either dodged something or regened too much HP to the point where Gillan didn't want to heal him which caused Krut to die. I might have to strip off some regen gear on Muza in order to get Gillan to heal him.

Gillan definitely needs to be geared. His heal needs to keep up with the damage dealt to Krut and Muzaka. If both Krut and Muza dies, then the whole run falls apart because you can't keep with the skill gauge building.

I definitely need to make a bunch of adjustments for this to last the whole 50 turns.

edit: Right, I forgot one other thing. Turn 1, you have to get the boss to his level 2 form. Muza + 2 Lees should be able to do it. If you cause the boss to change forms at any point after turn 1, you will screw everything up because the boss dying will cause his skill order to reset.

You also need to enter the battle with full skill gauge because if the boss immobilizes Muza in turn 1, that will also screw up the entire run. Not to mention you probably need to heal Lee up from getting wrecked.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 12, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Discussion to clean and write up

SS Rock Coocoos 10

ToD 110

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I followed Some fool's Tod 110 strategy with success. It came very close and I would have died in one extra turn, but I did beat the boss with just a few tries. I got the pink ranger set, which doesn't seem too bad.

Reysons Krut is packing ridiculous critical hit damage, which makes his Krut strategies hard to mimic. I don't think it's possible to get that much critical hit damage outside of set bonuses, as there really isnt enough of it to do the sort of damage he does.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

MooselanderII posted:

I followed Some fool's Tod 110 strategy with success. It came very close and I would have died in one extra turn, but I did beat the boss with just a few tries. I got the pink ranger set, which doesn't seem too bad.

Reysons Krut is packing ridiculous critical hit damage, which makes his Krut strategies hard to mimic. I don't think it's possible to get that much critical hit damage outside of set bonuses, as there really isnt enough of it to do the sort of damage he does.

Yes, considering my Krut is wearing the proto daso and full set Persona, even my Krut couldn't match Reyson's damage for the first 2 turns. He must've rolled Attack%/Damage%/Crit Damage% on all his weapons and all 3 are at least orange rarity. Besides that, I think his lord level might be high enough to max out rock specialization which is 15% more damage on rock heroes.

Also shove pink ranger onto your Lee. Any set that gives attack per turn should go to Lee because when he's used in guild raid, he should last all 50 turns.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hosed up the first run because I had all terrain krut, but the second run is going swimmingly and holy gently caress I need 3 more Lee RIGHT NOW.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I put my Lee up.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Been focusing more on Dark Fortress lately and wondering if there was room in SwdOfLowtax?

Also I was excited for an S-rank set from ToD this month but I got Super Ranger: Red... utterly worthless for PvP and... not particularly great for PvE too, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Ok gently caress the Kitty strat for Saturday raid. I don't know why Deb cannot apply a DoT with her 2nd skill which means the only other hero that can do DoTs constantly is Sione and mine is 3* so I can't really use her.

• Locked thread