Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Haven't tried Yakuza 5 yet since I'm currently absorbed in Bloodborne but I loved 3 and 4. I'm honestly shocked that they actually gave out a Yakuza game, given the quality of the rest of the recent PS+ lineup. Once I'm done with Bloodborne, looks like I'll be firing up the ol' PS3 for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I wish they hadnt given us yakuza 5 because now I want to skip right to it instead of playing yakuza 3 and 4 which i bought and never played like 6 years ago

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

I wish they hadnt given us yakuza 5 because now I want to skip right to it instead of playing yakuza 3 and 4 which i bought and never played like 6 years ago
play your yakuzas, friend

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
There's so much content in Yakuza 5, its insane, and its only like 1GB more than Yakuza 4 which is weird I don't know how they did that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i cant remember any of the characters from 1 and 2 and 3 opens and you run an orphanage and i was like whaat

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

i cant remember any of the characters from 1 and 2 and 3 opens and you run an orphanage and i was like whaat

3 includes handy videos recapping 1 and 2.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Lemon-Lime posted:

3 includes handy videos recapping 1 and 2.

4 also had a substantial and optional "previously on..." video archive. Plus the script itself was very friendly both to a newbie to the series and to the culture. It was often strange but they explain as you go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love it so much

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Like the acting, writing, gameplay, is so so so good. It's one of the funniest games I've ever played. The localisation team did an amazing job with the humour.

I am DYING for the new stuff to get localised for PS4.
Did you guys see the remake of Yakuza 1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtiixXPHbUY

Looks AMAZING

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

...! posted:

Haven't tried Yakuza 5 yet since I'm currently absorbed in Bloodborne but I loved 3 and 4. I'm honestly shocked that they actually gave out a Yakuza game, given the quality of the rest of the recent PS+ lineup. Once I'm done with Bloodborne, looks like I'll be firing up the ol' PS3 for awhile.

They give out really good PS3 games usually. If you have a PS3 you don't need PS+ to play online so they have to give away games people actually want.

The problem is my PS3 is in a box somewhere and I'm at a point in my life where hooking up another device to my TV is not worth the free game

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They give out really good PS3 games usually. If you have a PS3 you don't need PS+ to play online so they have to give away games people actually want.

The problem is my PS3 is in a box somewhere and I'm at a point in my life where hooking up another device to my TV is not worth the free game
Just make sure you're claiming them off the web store every month anyway if you've subscribed

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

...! posted:

They gave out 4 last year, didn't they?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Akuma posted:

They gave out 4 last year, didn't they?
Yep I got that from Plus too, and they put Yakuza Dead Souls on sale dirt cheap at one point so I got that too. Now the only problem is I didn't leave any disk space

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

CrashCat posted:

Yep I got that from Plus too, and they put Yakuza Dead Souls on sale dirt cheap at one point so I got that too. Now the only problem is I didn't leave any disk space

The disk space problem is real. Yakuza 5 doesn't leave room on my drive for anything else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Haha tell me about it. I spent a good hour deleting save files and game data.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

In addition to the need-to-delete-a-ton-of-poo poo issue, for some reason also my ps3's wifi just crawls, so I'm going to have to drag out a long cat5 cable to get this downloaded :sweatdrop:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I had that too, it's probably the store more than anything. The 12Gb of Yakuza 5 took so long to download it was crazy. I think the wireless cards in playstations just sucks overall.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I had that too, it's probably the store more than anything. The 12Gb of Yakuza 5 took so long to download it was crazy. I think the wireless cards in playstations just sucks overall.

Yeah, the wifi just sucks balls on PS3's, you should always being using a wired connection when possible.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 8, 2016

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Wasn't it 22gb? That'd explain it taking longer than 12gb should. Or is that only in Europe?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also even with my old baller wired internet that could download COD games in like 30 minutes, PS3 games seemed like they were capped at 1MBS or something. They take forever

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quantum of Phallus posted:

even wired it takes way loving longer than anything else I've downloaded, inculding PS4 games. Probably they just go cheap on the server bandwidth for the poors or something :smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Also even with my old baller wired internet that could download COD games in like 30 minutes, PS3 games seemed like they were capped at 1MBS or something. They take forever

i heard there was a bottleneck with the ps3's encryption or drm or whatever you calls it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

Wasn't it 22gb? That'd explain it taking longer than 12gb should. Or is that only in Europe?

Oh maybe I read it wrong. I could have sworn it was 12.
Unfortunately my games setup is up in an attic that I can't really run a lan cable to. I tried one of those extenders that use your power lines but it didn't really help much for the PS4 at all, doubt it'd do much for the 3 either.

I have my 2012 MacBook right beside it and it can pull down stuff at double the speed easily :qq:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

i heard there was a bottleneck with the ps3's encryption or drm or whatever you calls it

There's also the fact that a download is followed by a full decompress/install, which on its own takes a few hours for a 22 gig game after it's been fully downloaded.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
If I never had PS+ with my PS3 (was stolen before that service launched iirc) but now I have a PS4 and am using the same account, is there a way to "claim" these free games without having a working PS3 setup?

I've wanted to go back for some games on disc anyways, so if Yakuza 5 is that awesome then maybe this is the month to try and find a working BC 60GB fatty.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

use the web store
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/home/games

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

kalensc posted:

If I never had PS+ with my PS3 (was stolen before that service launched iirc) but now I have a PS4 and am using the same account, is there a way to "claim" these free games without having a working PS3 setup?

I've wanted to go back for some games on disc anyways, so if Yakuza 5 is that awesome then maybe this is the month to try and find a working BC 60GB fatty.

You can't claim anything from past months, but can get Yakuza 5 since it's this month. Use the webstore.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Or https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES for just the ps+ games

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pardot posted:

In addition to the need-to-delete-a-ton-of-poo poo issue, for some reason also my ps3's wifi just crawls, so I'm going to have to drag out a long cat5 cable to get this downloaded :sweatdrop:

PS+ game drop day the servers are always garbage, on top of the wireless being slower than usual on PS3/PS4/Vita, on top of the actual PSN servers just being bad.

I used to think it was my internet then I got better internet and it still downloads a good 90% slower than Steam frequently. It should not take 3 hours to download 1 GB (vita)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a demo up for PS4 Project Diva X, on the EU store at least. Just in case anyone still needs to know how a Miku game plays.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I was considering getting Daylight, but judging by the reviews it seems Daylight it just sucks? Too bad though, randomly generated objects with horror sounds interesting.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My OCD is screaming.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

My OCD is screaming.

I put these on my hacked PSP years ago and went all :spergin: making custom matching eboot art for them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

My OCD is screaming.

nice

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Ah poo poo the Young Justice DLC isn't on sale anymore!

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

univbee posted:

My OCD is screaming.

I hate you for showing me this.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

univbee posted:

My OCD is screaming.

You should send SCEI a letter thanking them for adding the Omacn collection to PSN, but wondering when they intend to add the Namco collection.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I think that I'll skip the first one, and just get the COMA collection.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm mad that they didn't put the full TOMACN collection up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally the Man Co TF2 collection is out.

• Locked thread