Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Otis Reddit posted:

I'm gonna roll the dice on the fact that Radim Vrbata will play next year and won't suck too bad, because I need a bottom six. :downs:

poo poo. I wanted more Canucks so I could wonder why my team doesn't score any goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yaya posted:

poo poo. I wanted more Canucks so I could wonder why my team doesn't score any goals.

A distinct lack of mentorship I'd say.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I'll pick later when I'm off work I didn't realize the second was immediate.

Also if you guys are doing a 1 pick per day thing it'd be super down.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Second.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lets start that thursday at 10am. That gives time to finish this round off.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I think its been like...2 and a half hours since Otis picked and I'm ready to round out my centers so I'm going to pic at 1:30 EST if that's ok.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Flyinglemur posted:

I think its been like...2 and a half hours since Otis picked and I'm ready to round out my centers so I'm going to pic at 1:30 EST if that's ok.

Yeah, Boomer got skipped at noon so you can pick whenever.

e:

Jordan7hm posted:

I'd be down for this. I probably won't be able to pick until like 2 but it'll be alright.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 10, 2016

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Alright then. The Ducks select Center Steve Ott to play alongside Jay Beagle. This is definitely a line of hockey players.

Good Soldier you are up.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Building for the future with Joseph Blandisi

mentholmoose to follow.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I was hoping Blandisi would fall to me to give me a good fourth line winger

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Gimme Philipp Grubauer. He'll be a good backup to Bishop, and could get a starting job when Bishop hits free agency.

Daniel Sedin-Tyler Seguin-Jake Voracek
Sam Bennett-Nicklas Backstrom-Travis Konecny
Andrew Cogliano-Tomas Plekanec-J.T. Miller
x-Nick Cousins-x

Sami Vatanen-Michael Stone
Julius Honka-Dan Hamhuis
Brandon Davidson-x

Ben Bishop
Philipp Grubauer

Coach: Peter Laviolette

e: Aye Doc is up.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 10, 2016

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

give me Reid Boucher

Furnaceface is up

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Dalton Prout.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Veskit posted:

I'll pick later when I'm off work I didn't realize the second was immediate.

Also if you guys are doing a 1 pick per day thing it'd be super down.

Jordan7hm posted:

so tomorrow starting at 10am, what are we doing? one round of picks per day and whoever can pick whenever?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Furnaceface got skipped at 4:38 ET, tofes has until 6:38 ET (about 45 minutes from now).

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Gimme Lawson Crouse aka Tom Wilson 2.0

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

so tomorrow starting at 10am, what are we doing? one round of picks per day and whoever can pick whenever?

Yes. Is anyone not cool with that?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Menamino is next.

Aye Doc posted:

Yeah, that sounds good to me. I figure if we finish the 18th round before hand we'll do the rest of the 19th round starting at 10AM. Otherwise I guess whoever is left in the 18th can make that pick along with the 19th round.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm cool with that but also we could do something that staggers groups of ten throughout the day or something just to keep it semi-fair. Probably just easier to do a first come first serve, especially since folks seem to be dropping out.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
the easiest way to do it just make each day a round and you can pick whenever

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'd be down with just making it 1 hour per pick. Speeds things up while still maintaining the draft order

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

ill take erik condra

I need to take some cheap contracts without looking through everyone's prospects and his fancies are top 6 quality so he can play on my 4th line i guess

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Yaya posted:

I'd be down with just making it 1 hour per pick. Speeds things up while still maintaining the draft order

This would be my vote but I honestly don't care. I have been on this forum a long time and I know how stuff like this usually goes, so the fact that we are as far along as we are at this point is an accomplishment in and of itself

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Teemu Pokemon posted:

This would be my vote but I honestly don't care. I have been on this forum a long time and I know how stuff like this usually goes, so the fact that we are as far along as we are at this point is an accomplishment in and of itself

loving 04 humblebrag. Typical.

But seriously, i like the 1 hour per pick, keeping the order.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I actually posted that, then did the math in my head, and audibly groaned

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

What did we do last year, I don't remember doing the all pick on the same day at any point thing. There's still a couple players I have my eye on to fill out my dumb fake team.

e: even staggered groups of 5 would probably work and be at least somewhat "fair", six timeframes for people to pick, EST 1000-1200, 1200-1400, 1400-1600, 1600-1800, 1800-2000, 2000-2200? Start with the first five and they can pick at any time in that frame, then it moves to the next two hour window and so forth? Reverse order the next day and we can get through every round in a day, and everyone knows when their window is.

ee: holy poo poo i'll have had an account and continuing to post on this forum for ten years in October, pretty sure I was browsing it for 2-5 years before that too I have no idea

Technetium fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 11, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The problem with 1 pick per hour is half of you are being skipped on every pick with 2 hours.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

The problem with 1 pick per hour is half of you are being skipped on every pick with 2 hours.

That's why I'm thinking we should just do timeframes to save headaches figuring out who is getting skipped and when and random times to pick based on when the last guy picked.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Technetium posted:

That's why I'm thinking we should just do timeframes to save headaches figuring out who is getting skipped and when and random times to pick based on when the last guy picked.

Just making it a pick at 10am is easy and quick and at this point sniping guys is kind of irrelevant. Anyone decent is already long gone. Mark Fayne has been picked.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

Just making it a pick at 10am is easy and quick and at this point sniping guys is kind of irrelevant. Anyone decent is already long gone. Mark Fayne has been picked.

Someone picked Rob Scuderi like fifteen rounds ago but three were still actual NHLers to grab, if you guys prefer a free for all to the revised timeframes I'll shut up

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

gently caress it, let's just start over.

Also, expansion draft? I know it's a tear out but could be fun. Maybe appoint a few to pick for Vegas or do some kind of vote system or rotating pick system. (e.g. 3 gms are selected at random from those that don't miss picks and they make rotating selections of 3 picks and we all vote on the one to pick... or something else as needlessly complicated)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh sure I actually schedule a day to do stuff and you guys pick up the pace to actually get to me.

I need some plugger for my bottom pair so gimme David Rundblad forgot he is loving off to Europe after being put on waivers.

So I guess Mike "Thor" Kostka. https://youtu.be/FcZjKSrGiRk?t=135

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 11, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JoelJoel posted:

gently caress it, let's just start over.

Also, expansion draft? I know it's a tear out but could be fun. Maybe appoint a few to pick for Vegas or do some kind of vote system or rotating pick system. (e.g. 3 gms are selected at random from those that don't miss picks and they make rotating selections of 3 picks and we all vote on the one to pick... or something else as needlessly complicated)

100% yes

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I say we submit to the regular nhl thread at the time that we need an expansion GM. I'm sure someone will jump at the chance.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i took eddie lack to be my good at twitter guy and nikita nesterov to be my maybe pretty ok depth dman?

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm down for an expansion draft.

JoelJoel forgot to pick when they last posted so I'll take Al Montoya because he is a goaltender who plays in the NHL and there is a good chance Jake Allen is getting injured at some point so I need someone good for 20-25 games.

Teemu Pokemon is up.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I drafted assuming an expansion draft (for the most part) and would be happy to have some undetermined goon take all of my lovely players

With that said, the Sharks take Jeff "Mike Dad 'Blased God' Bab Clock (Jr.)" Blashill because I'm a homer and he's an actually good coach who's going to get run out of town when the Wings miss the playoffs and land on his feet in Columbus or some poo poo and be awesome.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 11, 2016

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I'm 100% down for expansion

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

poo poo, I'm up? Gimme Johns

E: that's Stephen Johns of Dallas in case that wasn't clear. I'll spreadsheet when I get home in a few hours.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Without looking, I'm like 95% sure that he was taken already

• Locked thread