Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jehde posted:

The Great Nerf Patch is due around the end of the month.

all becomes one when the great nerf patch comes to earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's weird that Siege doesn't have a firing range or something for testing out weapons/attachments.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's weird that Siege doesn't have a firing range or something for testing out weapons/attachments.

hurf play casual durf.

(i agree though).

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just play solo t hunt

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

House Map especially the kitchen is overdue some serious cleaning. Also It's about time we've done something with the workshop/construction room.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Hard posted:

House Map especially the kitchen is overdue some serious cleaning. Also It's about time we've done something with the workshop/construction room.

Can we get an official kill count when the banlist goes live?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Pesticide20 posted:

Just play solo t hunt

This is what I thought you are supposed to do. Solo tourist hunt lets you practice with a character and their weapons/gear without mattering at all.

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007

Foehammer posted:

Can we get an official kill count when the banlist goes live?

It would be interesting to see some numbers

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

El Jebus posted:

This is what I thought you are supposed to do. Solo tourist hunt lets you practice with a character and their weapons/gear without mattering at all.

The problem with that is you don't have any real feedback on your weapons: accuracy, damage falloff, shotgun dispersion, etc. A lot of times you need to pop into custom matches in order to see that something like the AR-33's damage falloff being as little as 13 meters (which is absurd as poo poo, to be honest).

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1482373

As much as i'd like to see every caught hackers crucified publicly it will mostly not happen according to our community manager.

Gotta say i'd love to see the ingame fairfight messages scroll down for a few hours. I would propose a truce just so we can watch the world burn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PamLPnXk2ic&t=31s

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Having a way to learn weapon falloff would be excellent.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Hard posted:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1482373

As much as i'd like to see every caught hackers crucified publicly it will mostly not happen according to our community manager.

Gotta say i'd love to see the ingame fairfight messages scroll down for a few hours. I would propose a truce just so we can watch the world burn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PamLPnXk2ic&t=31s

I don't need names, I'm just curious how many players were detected by BE and are scheduled for bans in the first few waves.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The report button should have your accuracy percentage on how many of your reported players have been banned. That way bads like me will have no excuse when only 1% of their reports have been on players who have been banned.

Foehammer posted:

I don't need names, I'm just curious how many players were detected by BE and are scheduled for bans in the first few waves.

The community mod said on reddit that there will be a post with how many were banned next week some time.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I just report anybody who kills or shoots in my direction, they are obviously hackers if that happens

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
It has begun

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4x3vpl/all_hail_battleye_this_all_happened_during_just/

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

If those are paid hacks getting banned then gj battleye.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Battle Eye for the Rainbow 6 Guy

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Glorious.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Played a couple Favelas matches, 25 bans in that timeframe.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I am in love with Favelas. Its just insane how close and intense everything is once you get indoors

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

I am in love with Favelas. Its just insane how close and intense everything is once you get indoors

Countpoint: defending the rooftop objective is absolute bullshit.

Also, Discord overlay, still broken. :argh:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Heres a different set of numbers.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/08/10/more-people-are-playing-rainbow-six-siege-now-than-at-launch

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

That article quotes "thousands" as the number of players getting swept out by BattlEye, which is on par with my assumption that about 5% of the player-base was hacking.

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008
Guess i'll start playing more often again then

the amount of hackers this game attracts seems ridiculous to me

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's got a very high skill ceiling so people with no skill turn to cheats to feel good about themselves.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

I'm glad that this has been a huge success for you and your team. Hopefully you all get raises!

DuoGodOfDeath
Feb 20, 2007
The whole name and shame rule is a bit silly when you can look at the top right corner of your screen and see people getting banned (globally).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ahahaha battleye is going on a massacre out there

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Already saw at least one cheater I reported get banned. :hellyeah:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I think siege attracted so many hackers because it's absolutely a game about information and communication. When you can bypass having to actually talk to players and listen for sounds and instead just target wireframes through walls you pretty much hold all the cards

There were also plenty of white knights who toggled on when they lost because surely anybody who gets the best of them is hacking.

Hard, you might have actually fixed your game

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Also its a very good very popular game with, until recently, zero cheat protections.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The Duggler posted:

There were also plenty of white knights who toggled on when they lost because surely anybody who gets the best of them is hacking.

Plenty of cheaters keep them off until they become terrified that they are actually going to lose a videogame once. They have the minds of children.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Countpoint: defending the rooftop objective is absolute bullshit.

well, yeah, but i kind of love how it turns into this hectic doomed last stand

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

The Duggler posted:

Still a lot of stuff in store and an equal amount of opportunity to gently caress it up again.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
This is a fun read, for schadenfreude purposes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4x4ahm/the_wildly_unofficial_community_curated_banlist/

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Hard posted:

Still a lot of stuff in store and an equal amount of opportunity to gently caress it up again.

this game is the most fun multiplayer shooter i have played in years, thankyou for the good game !

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

The Great Nerf Patch hasn't dropped yet, still broken.

Also still can't skin shields.

Broken af.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Rainbow 6 isn't done until I can put a rainbow flag on my shield, true

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

Rainbow 6 isn't done until I can put a rainbow flag on my shield, true

This, but ATM camo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Need Ding Chavez mask as well

• Locked thread