Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Louisgod posted:

Saw the X-Men wave at TRU today. Had all but Deadpool of course, otherwise I would'vr grabbed extras for others here:

Still potentially have a Deadpool available if anybody can get me the arms and left leg of Onslaught. Person on Fwoosh hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Is this in addition to the one you and I talked about? Still interested in it as I have had no luck locally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Is this in addition to the one you and I talked about? Still interested in it as I have had no luck locally.

Nah I had one on order from Amazon that I didn't cancel because you said you wanted it, so it's hand and ready to be sent your way. I'm happy to grab any of the other Rogues for anybody else here if anybody needs her.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This thing is pretty much perfect.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I really feel like the 12" Legends figures look cheap (at least in the package). Hopefully the iron man one is less cheap looking.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I read Spider-Gwen's first trade and now I need that ML Spider-Gwen.

Also

I have to stop surfing Amazon at 3am. What the gently caress am I going to do with this :suicide:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hang it from the ceiling, then buy an X-Wing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I really feel like the 12" Legends figures look cheap (at least in the package). Hopefully the iron man one is less cheap looking.

Iron Man is the only one I really don't like.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

Hang it from the ceiling, then buy an X-Wing.

I'd need industrial anchors to support the weight. I can't even box it back up, the wings have some kind of semi-permanent click tabs. I spent an hour disassembling what I could around them before giving up.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

'Giant' figures are like figures with cloth clothing. I have literally never seen one I liked and would enjoy having in my home. I absolutely don't get the appeal.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Travis343 posted:

'Giant' figures are like figures with cloth clothing. I have literally never seen one I liked and would enjoy having in my home. I absolutely don't get the appeal.

Same but opposite.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Someone hasn't seen Star Lord's sweet rear end coat.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Joe Fisto posted:

This thing is pretty much perfect.

What is that? Pizza Spidey?

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 11, 2016

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Ughhhh, Square Enix's Play Arts Kai always tear me up inside when they release promotional photos for upcoming releases of video game characters that are seriously lacking in the 1/12 scale. The new Sephiroth looks really neat: http://news.toyark.com/2016/08/09/final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-sephiroth-play-arts-kai-figure-217772. However, I find it really hard to justify paying 150 dollars for it.

Play Arts Kai has a tendency to increase in price by 20 dollars every year, and it's really gross. It's even more disgusting when it's a Final Fantasy character and they don't even have the excuse of high licensing fees...

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Travis343 posted:

I like different scales. I take it you've never seen Hot Toys Loki in person. That thing is a collection all by itself.

10 Beers posted:

What is that? Pizza Spidey?

New 12-inch Marvel Legends. 3 head sculpts, 3 sets of hands. That grin.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Joe Fisto posted:

I like different scales. I take it you've never seen Hot Toys Loki in person. That thing is a collection all by itself.

I've never actually seen any Hot Toys figure in person. Are they ever sold in physical stores? I don't know where I would go to look at one.

With extremely few exceptions I definitely don't get the appeal of the movie versions of these characters, either. I'm perfectly fine with the knowledge that the $300+ dollies are Not For Me.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Most comic shops usually have a couple on display.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Man, those 12-inch Legends are $50? Christ, I remember when Sideshow charged $40

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
guys I needs me a deadpool, if you find an extra and want the baf figure part, please pick it up for me? Please please please?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Travis343 posted:

I've never actually seen any Hot Toys figure in person. Are they ever sold in physical stores? I don't know where I would go to look at one.

With extremely few exceptions I definitely don't get the appeal of the movie versions of these characters, either. I'm perfectly fine with the knowledge that the $300+ dollies are Not For Me.

I disagree with you but I also know you're definitely better off not getting into them

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

guys I needs me a deadpool, if you find an extra and want the baf figure part, please pick it up for me? Please please please?

A person that really actually wants one would know that he doesn't come with a BAF part; request denied.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need the deadpool.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Does anyone have any opinions on the Hot Toys Eric Draven (from The Crow)? I kind of want one and there's a store near me with one in stock for $150 which is way more than I've spent on a toy before and I'm worried it'd be a bad purchase?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All Hot Toys pretty much own. I'm pretty sure you'll dig it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just started reassembling my Hot Toys displays, Starboost and Star-Lord are hanging out together like God intended.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Hot Toys buying tips: Buy them used. You save a lot of money, and since they usually come from collectors who just display them, it's not like there's going to be any wear and tear on them. Also, you get quality control done for you by someone who cares. Sideshows response when they fall apart is mostly just "lol it's a collectible from an artist, sucks to be you".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How early is that Crow though? Their early stuff doesn't compare to the recent ones, sculpt wise.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

A person that really actually wants one would know that he doesn't come with a BAF part; request denied.

How about I um... throw IN a baf part? I've got Odin's Arms kicking around. Or punching around, rather.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'll hit up a few Walgreens for you all later to see if I can score a Deadpool. I've only seen one in retail of the like five full sets I've seen.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

I'd love an X-men legends wolverine or Deadpool if anyone finds one.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Louisgod posted:

I'll hit up a few Walgreens for you all later to see if I can score a Deadpool. I've only seen one in retail of the like five full sets I've seen.

I've always loved you, LG. I don't care what anyone says about your time as Mod.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

cyberia posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on the Hot Toys Eric Draven (from The Crow)? I kind of want one and there's a store near me with one in stock for $150 which is way more than I've spent on a toy before and I'm worried it'd be a bad purchase?

I have it and it is fantastic. I'd post photos but I'm at work.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anyone have a line on where to pick up a pizza Spidey without paying a bajillion dollars?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

10 Beers posted:

Anyone have a line on where to pick up a pizza Spidey without paying a bajillion dollars?

I just saw one at Kroger last week. What's he going for now and how badly am I going to regret not buying him?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

10 Beers posted:

Check Walgreens. Their distro system is so hosed I still seen Green Goblin wave poo poo showing up from time to time. I've run in to a couple pizza spidey around here from time to time. If it comes down to it and you strike out locally, shoot me a PM and I can keep an eye out for another and grab it for you for cost+shipping.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

10 Beers posted:

Rhyno posted:

I just saw one at Kroger last week. What's he going for now and how badly am I going to regret not buying him?

I'll check the Wal-Greens for one while I'm out today but he's consistently going for $35+ right now. People finally realized he's basically the definitive Spidey at this point.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Louisgod posted:

I'll check the Wal-Greens for one while I'm out today but he's consistently going for $35+ right now. People finally realized he's basically the definitive Spidey at this point.

It's a good fight between him and amazing Spider-Man 2 from green gobo wave. I keep my movie one with the MCU stuff, feels like a better fit there. Depends on the style you're after.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I have two Pizza Spidey figures that I'd sell at cost ($20) plus shipping. They're both opened but have only been displayed on my shelves. In fact, I actually would be interested in selling off my entire Legends collection. I stopped having fun collecting them, it became a chore and I'd rather focus on Black Series or the One:12 Collective lines instead. I have complete waves of Mandroid, Ultimate Green Goblin, Groot, Odin the Allfather, Thanos, Hulkbuster, Ultron Prime and Rhino, along with a few BAFs like Galactus, etc, the Walgreens exclusives (Agent Venom, Black Ant, Classic Daredevil),or old figures that I found in retail randomly (Modern Hawkeye, Toybiz Angel). Doubles of some of the figures too, like Black Widow, Chameleon and Captain Marvel. I'd let all of these figures go at stupid low prices.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since I mentioned it earlier, anyone have Madame Masque with the Zola BAF piece? Mostly so I can have the Red Skull AND Zola version of the torso, plus Masque would be good to put on the stand with Kate Bishop.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ultraviolence123 posted:

I have two Pizza Spidey figures that I'd sell at cost ($20) plus shipping. They're both opened but have only been displayed on my shelves. In fact, I actually would be interested in selling off my entire Legends collection. I stopped having fun collecting them, it became a chore and I'd rather focus on Black Series or the One:12 Collective lines instead. I have complete waves of Mandroid, Ultimate Green Goblin, Groot, Odin the Allfather, Thanos, Hulkbuster, Ultron Prime and Rhino, along with a few BAFs like Galactus, etc, the Walgreens exclusives (Agent Venom, Black Ant, Classic Daredevil),or old figures that I found in retail randomly (Modern Hawkeye, Toybiz Angel). Doubles of some of the figures too, like Black Widow, Chameleon and Captain Marvel. I'd let all of these figures go at stupid low prices.

Do you have movie Ant Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

ultraviolence123 posted:

If you don't mind putting together a complete list, I'd love to take some of these off your hands.