Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I just want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to think of recommendations for me - I've added every last one of them to my follow list. I'm not sure what order they'll be read in, but I'm really grateful. It's pretty lonely around here, so having a lot of things to read really helps keep my mind off of it. You guys are swell. :unsmith:

Nondevor posted:

Seeing Usotsuki Lily also reminded me of Full Dozer, it's a shorter work by the same author that's also pretty funny.

DisDisDis posted:

Motherfucking Renai Joshi File

Compendium posted:

My romantic(?) recs

Ojojojo
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (we have a thread for it here too)

Both heartwarming, Nozaki-kun's especially hilarious if you haven't gotten to it yet.

Gnossiennes posted:

Colette Decides To Die, and also Snow White With The Red Hair (the anime, because it's BEAUTIFUL). Both of these because the main ladies are super awesome, hardworking people who stand on their own.

Inflammatory posted:

add jitsu wa watashi wa to this.

Compendium posted:

Oh yeah, and Mahou Tsukai no Yome and for a gorgeous period piece, Otoyomegatari.

Alder posted:

So far I can recommend:

Haru x Kiyo
Blue Exorcist
Shimanami Tasogare
Golondrina
Sakamichi no Apollon
Paradise Kiss
Odette

Odette because Cat BF:

D. Ebdrup posted:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou will teach you about mono no aware, which can only be loosely translated as the appreciation of the beauty, and the quiet acceptence of the transcience of all things. It's helped me multiple times, once after a breakup and most recently when I was diagnosed with cancer after a 5 hour surgery, before they could begin chemo and radiation therapy - which I'm now hopefully done with.

Nate RFB posted:

Tonai no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster was another great series from earlier in this thread's history. It had some heavy stuff since one of the main characters had like legitimate psychological/emotional issues but it was ultimately quite endearing and often amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
speaking of cat boyfriends: try I'm concerned about Nekota, about an overly excitable 12-year-old moving to a new town and making friends with a boy who she sees as having a cat's head, but everyone else sees as a normal boy. It's cute and funny and does the whole "young kids just working out romance" thing really well.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I like when she does screen tone hair in Nekota

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

I finally got around to reading the last two chapters of The Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth and it was pretty fun, the end wrapped up kind of abruptly but it's getting a sequel yay. I actually intended to stop reading when it got licensed and wait properly for the release but obviously that didn't happen, and it's only 4 volumes so I'll end up buying it and re-reading it at some point anyway. Kinda wish they'd drop the bromance pretense and just let Ewan and Lawrence kiss though, they're practically married by the end anyway.

Agreed and I hope they add it in sequel because of reasons.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The latest chapter of Tomo-chan is unspeakably lewd.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
new kaguya wants to be confessed to, in which shirogane, for the briefest of moments, gets to experience the life of a harem protagonist.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man, it's probably a good thing Ishigami has primal fear of Kaguya

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
kakao 79% is a new pro read shojo romcom

The art is not great but the faces are fantastic and the humor is way better than most shojo especially in the latest two chapters

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yeah I've been following that one, I love all the faces the guy makes when he's caught stuffing his face
It's kinda sloppy but tbh I don't have terribly high standards for webtoon style stuff, it's readable enough at least.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

dordreff posted:

speaking of cat boyfriends: try I'm concerned about Nekota, about an overly excitable 12-year-old moving to a new town and making friends with a boy who she sees as having a cat's head, but everyone else sees as a normal boy. It's cute and funny and does the whole "young kids just working out romance" thing really well.
Mikki is my favourite shojo protagonist because of how all the other kids attempt to follow shojo manga cliches but she's just completely unconcerned with romance

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I like how occasionally, Children Wouldn't Understand just breaks the fourth wall.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Two chapters.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm glad.

Also bathrobes are totally not that hot, you can just leave them open, it's a lie

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Takagi-san - http://bato.to/reader#e988764506c8c207_1

In which Nishikata and Takagi engage in heavy petting.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I finished reading Kare Kano/His and Her Circumstances over the weekend. A really strong manga, but I definitely preferred the first half when it was more comedic and Yukino was in the spotlight.

Also the 16 years later with Asaba was just a bit too weird for me, especially after the whole Asaba practically being a second father to Yukino's daughter spiel .

There was real intimacy between its characters which is always something I'm always looking for in romance manga (I think Horimiya does it well). They are actually a part of one another's lives, instead of romance stories that spend their entire run with 'will they won't they'.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
New Hana & Hina:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Aug 9, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCEBnpo5OQ0

So I guess it's not a prequel after all? Unless by "prequel" they really meant "it's a hypothetical chapter 0."

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think that puts it into gaiden territory.

Very pleased to see it nonetheless. Ancient Magus Bride is rapidly becoming one of my unqualified favorite properties, purely on the strength of its worldbuilding. =3

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

So I guess it's not a prequel after all? Unless by "prequel" they really meant "it's a hypothetical chapter 0."

I'm ready but sad it's only going to be 3 episodes and not a series. It looks nice from the PV though :smith:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

!3! new chapters of Kase-san.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch12

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh, shoo drama, shoo

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Ugh, shoo drama, shoo

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.

Alder posted:

I'm ready but sad it's only going to be 3 episodes and not a series. It looks nice from the PV though :smith:

I felt that way too but then I realized it's better to get a (seemingly) well-done short OVA instead of a series with a bunch of filler/cliffhanger end since there's only 30 chapters out so far.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Whoa what the heck. After 3 years there's a bunch of new Manga no Tsukurikata chapters up.
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/manga_no_tsukurikata

Now, it seems as though i remember reading (or perhaps just hearing about?) the ending somewhere or another and it was all too similar to Stretch so maybe it's not exactly a cause for celebration.

But, it is certainly a surprise.

And the art is still cute as hell.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a kitten posted:

similar to Stretch
nope gently caress off

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Let me make things better with Ojojojo.

Alternatively you could have your card playing fortune told with a new Wizard Soul!

Edit: Also 2 new chapters of Shirayukihime.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 11, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

Whoa what the heck. After 3 years there's a bunch of new Manga no Tsukurikata chapters up.
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/manga_no_tsukurikata

Now, it seems as though i remember reading (or perhaps just hearing about?) the ending somewhere or another and it was all too similar to Stretch so maybe it's not exactly a cause for celebration.

But, it is certainly a surprise.

And the art is still cute as hell.

Is this the one where they pretend to go out to help with drawing a manga?
If so then a giant nope, I could tell exactly where it was going.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah that's the one.
I wouldn't have even bothered posting it, but I actually really liked it when it started and those pleasant memories got the better of me. And, like I said, the drawings are cute as hell.
Just...nothing happens.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Ugh, shoo drama, shoo

it's good for things to actually happen in a story and i'm glad of this development

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Oh hey, another chapter of that manga about the princess and the headless king got translated. I'd been thinking about it lately because the beast king one felt sorta similar.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 11, 2016

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Wait, didn't the author of that die?

Edit nm, there are like 7 volumes before that happened.

Gnossiennes fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 11, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

and it was all too similar to Stretch so maybe it's not exactly a cause for celebration.

I had that bookmarked to work through at some point because it seemed cute, so thanks for posting that, I've promptly removed the bookmark. :(

DisDisDis posted:

it's good for things to actually happen in a story and i'm glad of this development

Yeah, but it's obviously not a real development, it's something she'll get over in a chapter or two. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was more 'ugh cliffhangers' than 'ugh drama' really... Getting jealous over still being friends with an ex is pretty low tier though

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been working my way through Kano Miyamoto's various longer series lately. Started with the Walker series then moved on to Hydra/Rules and just finished it up excluding the newest sequel since there's only one chapter translated. They're good but kinda frustrating at times the way so many of the characters just casually sleep around and manufacture drama. I still really want some closure on Hitomi and Ryuu as well and it sounds like most of Rules 2nd Season is just Yuki and Hikaru imploding :(

They also show their age pretty hard at times but that kinda goes with the territory when you read older BL. I think I probably enjoy her newer stuff more, but it's really nice to have this kind of expansive character development across multiple volumes. I think my favorite couple ended up being Hikaru and Hitomi just for the way they were able to move on and stay close friends.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 11, 2016

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Gnossiennes posted:

Wait, didn't the author of that die?

Edit nm, there are like 7 volumes before that happened.

Wait, seriously? :smith: jeez

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Re: Kase-san, there's a doujin out that's basically "What If Kase was an adult and also a bitch". It's titled "Fuel", can be found on the Dynasty Reader. Not linking it because it's mildly :nws:

In today's Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To, being Ai Hayasaka is suffering.

Also (spoiler image):

I laughed for a solid five minutes at this one page :laffo:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think I'll read that Kase-san doujin, because it sounds bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's not a Kase-san doujin, it's a oneshot involving a tomboy who jogs. There's zero relation at all between it and Kase-san.