Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benach
Aug 15, 2013
English trailer. Has different Skull music (probably "talking to them in the overworld"/"Initiating battle" music and the one from the japanese trailer being the fight music). Also check http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/ for details.

Edit

quote:

Due to their appearance and their lifestyle, Pyukumuku are considered unappealing to tourists. Part-time work chucking Pyukumuku back into the sea is available at tourist beaches. But no matter how far they’re thrown, Pyukumuku will always return to the same spot.

Once a Pyukumuku finds a place it likes, it won’t budge from it. If someone moves it away, back it comes to the same spot. If it runs out of food to eat in that spot, it’ll stay there—and starve. The people of Alola found this so pitiful that they developed a tradition of chucking Pyukumuku back into the food-rich sea whenever they come across any thin-bellied Pyukumuku.

Benach fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Pokemon stat & strategy talk confuses me.

I just want to beat up other pokemon with my sandcastle.

that sounds like it'll be very good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Benach posted:

English trailer. Has different Skull music (probably "talking to them in the overworld"/"Initiating battle" music and the one from the japanese trailer being the fight music). Also check http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/ for details.

Edit

Pyukumuku, also known as the idiot, or stupid Pokemon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wishiwashi's school forme is so good

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Pyukumuku, also known as the idiot, or stupid Pokemon.

please don't be rude to my good friend.
Also,

quote:

The seemingly weak Wishiwashi is called the demon of the sea because of its terrifying School Form!

quote:

Even Pokémon researchers don’t know why Raichu’s form changed in the Alola region. The people of Alola seem unconcerned by the question. Their guess: maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!

Raichu has electric sacs on its cheeks, and rubbing them causes a sweet aroma to be released. The mechanism behind this is not clear, but it’s thought to be connected to the psychic power that Alolan Raichu possess.

I loving love these.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the team skull theme is making me laugh really hard

it's so dope

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

quote:

Pyukumuku has a new Ability, Innards Out, which no other Pokémon has had before. With the Innards Out Ability, when this Pokémon faints, it will be able to deal one last bit of damage to its opponent, equal to the amount of HP it had left before it received the final blow.

have fun with your sweep when i got one of these suckers on my team

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pyukumuku posted:

If it runs out of food to eat in that spot, it’ll stay there—and starve.

Awh, what a dumb baby. I'll take six.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

A bit on the Alolan Meowth:

quote:

Meowth is a Pokémon that did not originally live in the Alola region. They were sent to the royal line as an offering from another region, and only a select few could have them as partners.

The Meowth in Alola are distinct for their cunning and their great pride. Two things they really hate—a wound to their pride and dirt on their coins. If either one happens, they fly into hysterics!

It’s said that the Meowth that were offered to the royal family lived a life of luxury and pampering, which led them to have a selfish and prideful attitude. This caused Meowth’s form to change.

The once-rare Alolan Meowth became feral when the monarchy was destroyed, and they have now become regular Pokémon, seen as commonly in the Alola region as elsewhere.

I wonder how the monarchy was destroyed though...

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
So from the video, Pyukumuku's ability is a stronger Aftermath?

tbp posted:

one thing that is funny and good to me is that the way stat stages works actually changes throughout the gens and the way its rounded changes. i'll have to dig up the numbers once more but for example i know that in GSC a -1 electrode speed ties w/ nidoqueen and in later gens that wont happen (assuming max EVs neutral nature for both). its such a obscure and dumb mechanic that nobody knows about but can effect real games (a GSC UU tournament i played in recently)

I don't know if you realise it but that is most certainly something that's an incidental effect of how the game is programmed and how the code/compiler changed when they moved the series to new hardware, rather than a carefully considered "mechanic". The people who design this game for children may give some consideration to competitive play, but they sure as hell don't give a poo poo about the effect on the metagame of changing how some in-battle thing is rounded.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

prediction: whatever morelull evolves into is going to be annoying as gently caress to deal with

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zuzie posted:

I wonder how the monarchy was destroyed though...

unova parked a bunch of ships mounted with octillerys and clawitzers at civilian population areas and told the royal family that they would open fire if they didn't surrender unconditionally

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hammerite posted:

More like a different one. Aftermath deals damage based on the opponent's HP, Innards Out deals as much damage as Pyukumuku had HP at the time of its KOing.

So basically the best way to use them is sending them straight into a OHKO to maximize Innards Out damage.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hammerite posted:

I don't know if you realise it but that is most certainly something that's an incidental effect of how the game is programmed and how the code/compiler changed when they moved the series to new hardware, rather than a carefully considered "mechanic". The people who design this game for children may give some consideration to competitive play, but they sure as hell don't give a poo poo about the effect on the metagame of changing how some in-battle thing is rounded.

it's only stronger if pyukumuku is KO'd with a good chunk of HP left, but it's effectively much more useful. Aftermath does a flat 25%

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's an automatic Final Gambit and i'm going to skill swap it onto blissey

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

what if ash's pikachu evolves into alolan raichu

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Wait so the dumb little barf bag has a legit eating disorder? That's fantastic.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

pik_d posted:

He doesn't want somebody to take his spot.

mabels big day posted:

what if ash's pikachu evolves into alolan raichu

What if nobody gives a poo poo about Pikachu and it's all about the Ash-Greninja thing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know after Ash is done in Kalos Greninja is going straight in professor Oak's PC.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

pik_d posted:

:chloe:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
so wonder trade in pokemon y is just a give away your pokemon for a poo poo weedle

why isn't it called "give away your machamp for a poo poo weedle" instead of wonder trade

why doesn't Nintendo know what trade means

why can't I choose what to trade for after I put my pokemon up for trade

why are all the menus so loving poo poo god I hope they aren't as loving horrifyingly lovely in sun and moon

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kawabata posted:

so wonder trade in pokemon y is just a give away your pokemon for a poo poo weedle

why isn't called "give away your machamp for a poo poo weedle" instead of wonder trade

I called it "The non-shiny Chespin trash bag"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i've gotten a lot of good stuff from wonder trade recently including a latias, a machoke (which evolved), and a dream ball eevee. about 30x as much trash though

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

oddium posted:

i've gotten a lot of good stuff from wonder trade recently including a latias, a machoke (which evolved), and a dream ball eevee. about 30x as much trash though

yeah, why doesn't wonder trade tell you you're going to give up your pokemon for random trash before loving trading though, is the biggest mystery

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kawabata posted:

why isn't it called "give away your machamp for a poo poo weedle" instead of wonder trade

why are all the menus so loving poo poo god I hope they aren't as loving horrifyingly lovely in sun and moon

do you know what the gts is

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/team-skull/

quote:

Both male and female Team Skull Grunts wear matching black Skull Tanks. And these uniforms aren’t even provided for them—all Grunts have to buy their own!

It's tough being a Team Skull Grunt.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I got a Bulbsaur through WT with very high IVs and a Timid nature, but his name is WANGMASTER :/

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

they went and made a pokemon out of a proboscis worm and then made it adorable as gently caress and i want one really bad

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

no pokemon is trash, except for the trash pokemon, trubbish.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Kawabata posted:

Hmm. Yes. A way to request Pokémon you want and offer something in return. Hmm. Yes. Sure sounds like that would be awesome.

Alas! 'Tis but a fool's dream!

It's called the GTS, you loving complaining goober.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Kawabata posted:

yeah, why doesn't wonder trade tell you you're going to give up your pokemon for random trash before loving trading though, is the biggest mystery

because that's the point

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kawabata posted:

That feature exists and it's called the GTS. Don't think of Wonder Trade as a way to get cool poo poo. It's a way to get rid of extra Pokes you don't need without releasing them like a monster. If you get something cool in return, bonus! If you don't, Wonder Trade it again. Or just release it. Who cares?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sharrrk posted:

no pokemon is trash, except for the trash pokemon, trubbish.

trubbish is strong and cool and is my friend

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I got a Bulbsaur through WT with very high IVs and a Timid nature, but his name is WANGMASTER :/

respect that trainer's wishes and befriend WANGMASTER.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The hat/glasses on team skull. One of them is a whole circle (sun) and the other one is a partially eclipsed circle (moon). So I guess legendary box pokemon connection right there.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I want to buy a team skull tee.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

trubbish is strong and cool and is my friend

im happy for you both

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

ijyt posted:

Well what else would you call it if you can't criticise an aspect of a video game without being called a moron or insufferable. Reddit? :)

:ironicat:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Ruggington posted:

respect that trainer's wishes and befriend WANGMASTER.
I probably will, grass dudes are cool contrary to it being weak to everything under the sun

How important are IVs for the Battle Maison? I caught an Infiltrator Golbat last night that turned out to be an Adamant nature but I figure it's IVs aren't the best. It's also level 37, but I'm sure I can work around that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Thats a good name.

• Locked thread