Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Hey for those who don't know, the Wii U-only DLC packs seem to have been available since the Link's Awakening drop (US).

Season Pass:
"Legends of Hyrule"
(Medlii/WW stuff, other games onwards)

First round of 3DS characters:
"Legends Character Pack"
(Linkle, KORL, Tetra, Toon Link, Skull Kid, Ganondorf's trident)

Sorry if it was posted before. The DLC system is confusing if you're just jumping in. The eShop's descriptions are kinda vague too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Isn't that just for the new characters on Wii U or are they adding more now?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Just for the new characters. (And weapons.)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

So my girlfriend really wants to play as Linkle, if I buy the Legends of Hyrule pack I don't get Linkle... right? the Legends Character Pack does include her. The Link to the Past DLC doesn't include Linkle right?

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
On Wii U, you only get her in the "Character" pack. I'm not sure, but she may be automatically available in the 3ds game.

The Season Pass gets you characters and content for Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, Link Between Worlds (I think you meant this instead of LTTP), and Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
She's playable practically out of the gate in Legends. You need to buy the Legends character pack on WiiU to get her.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Do the masks of truth item respawn on the termina map?

I collected them all and they've come in useful for some of the weapon mission but they don't seem to be showing up again now i've collected them all (i've fought about 5 - 6 battles since collecting the last one)

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Kin posted:

Do the masks of truth item respawn on the termina map?

I collected them all and they've come in useful for some of the weapon mission but they don't seem to be showing up again now i've collected them all (i've fought about 5 - 6 battles since collecting the last one)

Majora's Mask and Mask of Truth items only respawn if you reset the map. Either let the moon fall, or use a Song of Time card and they'll pop back in.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Alacron posted:

Majora's Mask and Mask of Truth items only respawn if you reset the map. Either let the moon fall, or use a Song of Time card and they'll pop back in.

Aha, ok. I've only got 4 weapons left to get so not sure if resetting the map (I've already beaten the moon) is worth it at this point considering I've still got all the costumes to get too.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
So with the Koholint map, what characters all get costumes? I'm getting less and less hopeful that Marin gets one at all. :(

On top of that, while most of the costumes are outright palette swaps with no real meaning, which ones actually are based on other characters/designs? Lana's Great Sea costume gives me heavy Terra from FF6 vibes.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So with the Koholint map, what characters all get costumes? I'm getting less and less hopeful that Marin gets one at all. :(

On top of that, while most of the costumes are outright palette swaps with no real meaning, which ones actually are based on other characters/designs? Lana's Great Sea costume gives me heavy Terra from FF6 vibes.

You know how Medli didn't get a costume when the Master Wind Waker pack was released?

Yeah.

I've noted the characters who got Koholint costumes and who they're most likely supposed to represent under the spoilers:

Link: Colors are either based off of the original Game Boy or the Wind Fish's Egg
Sheik: Colors are based off of The Owl
Lana: Colors are based off of Wind Fish (mostly using the bright colors)
Zelda: Colors are based off of Marin
Ganondorf: Colors are based off of Mamu (AKA Wart from SMB2 USA making a cameo)
Agitha: Colors are based off of Crazy Tracy
Zant: Colors are based off of Mask-Mimic (AKA the Zelda version of the SMB enemy Shy Guy)
Ghirahim: Colors are based off of Prince Richard (a character from For The Frog the Bell Tolls making a cameo)
Cia: Colors are based off of Wind Fish (mostly using the darker colors)
Wizzro: Colors are based off of Grim Creeper
Young Link: Colors are based off of the reoccuring Red Tunic colors (given that you're occasionally able to switch out the usual green tunic for one of a different color, red being one of the most reoccuring ones)
Tingle: Colors are based off of David Jr. (Tingle's "brother", with this, all of the Tingle brothers have been represented through costumes)
Linkle: Colors are based off of "Princess Peach" (specifically, she's based on the picture of her that Christine the Goat makes Link deliver to Mr. Write)
Skull Kid: Colors are based off of Mad Scrub (Ocarina of Time Lost Woods enemy)
Toon Link: Colors are based off of Tarin
Tetra: Colors are based off of The Mermaid

Impa, Darunia, Ruto, Midna, Fi, Volga, Twili Midna, King Daphnes, Medli, and Marin do not get costumes from the Link's Awakening Pack.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Ah, yeah I can see some of those now. I just thought I was getting a lot of really white costumes.

Sad that the DLC characters in this round don't seem to be getting any love costume wise. I'd love for that to change come the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks and the ALBW DLC but somehow I highly doubt anything will show up. Not like there wasn't any room for more costumes in the Awakening pack considering all the levels that have zero rewards (and are mostly those goddawful shuffling troops missions) but I guess they ran out of characters to mimic with clothing.

On that note, where did they put the Classic Tunic for Link? I know most of the original DLC costumes ended up in the Adventure maps that correlate to the time period they came from (Which naturally means I'm not getting them till way later) but I haven't seen anything regarding where to reobtain that particular one.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Actually, what happens when you reset the Termina map after you've beaten the moon? Does it just turn all the squares back to incomplete save for the owl statues and there being no countdown timer?

The last 4 weapons i need to get are

Lana: Summoner's Gate
Young Link
Wizzro
Zelda: Dominion Rod

But they're kinda brutal, so getting the Mask of Truth should help a bit. All 4 of my characters are only about level 60 though so i guess leveling up might help a bit, but not as much as the masks will unless there are any other tips folk might have for those missions?

Lana's summoner's gate mission is quite brutal because i can't seem to do any decent levels of one on one damage against the bosses, etc on it. I've found that it was almost easier to run around the map quickly capturing every base just so that the map spawned enough raid captains to whittle their health down for me.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Ah, yeah I can see some of those now. I just thought I was getting a lot of really white costumes.

Sad that the DLC characters in this round don't seem to be getting any love costume wise. I'd love for that to change come the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks and the ALBW DLC but somehow I highly doubt anything will show up. Not like there wasn't any room for more costumes in the Awakening pack considering all the levels that have zero rewards (and are mostly those goddawful shuffling troops missions) but I guess they ran out of characters to mimic with clothing.

On that note, where did they put the Classic Tunic for Link? I know most of the original DLC costumes ended up in the Adventure maps that correlate to the time period they came from (Which naturally means I'm not getting them till way later) but I haven't seen anything regarding where to reobtain that particular one.

The DLC characters will likely only get rewards from the pack that they came with due to how DLC Characters/Weapon Types work in Legends (weapons and heart pieces associated with a character/weapon type are all self-contained in the map that they come with; for Medli, that Map is the Master Wind Waker one) compared how they work in the Wii U version (where they got jack poo poo for rewards, and the free DLC characters didn't get 8-Bit weapons), so you're probably outta luck there.

How do I know? Well, I happen to know that DLC characters gain hearts at a faster rate than the characters included in the base game, so you won't find Heart Containers (or weapons) for the DLC characters in maps other than the map they debuted with.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah it kinda sucks that they didn't integrate the DLC characters in a little more or give them any sort of costumes.

Ah well, whenever Hyrule Warriors Ultimate on NX is a thing i'm sure they'll get something then.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Yeah it kinda sucks that they didn't integrate the DLC characters in a little more or give them any sort of costumes.

Ah well, whenever Hyrule Warriors Ultimate on NX is a thing i'm sure they'll get something then.

They'll get a few costumes next time, only for the third round of DLC characters to get a fat lot of nothing.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

What could they even do for a third round of DLC at this point?

I mean outside of the Oracles and Four Sword arc games they're really kinda out of options unless there's cool stuff in BotW or they decide to give a little more to Skyward Sword and finally give us Groose.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I mean outside of the Oracles and Four Sword arc games they're really kinda out of options unless there's cool stuff in BotW or they decide to give a little more to Skyward Sword and finally give us Groose.

I imagine any further additions are going to be saved for Hyrule Warriors NX.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I can't wait for Hyrule Warriors: Nocturnal Xylophone

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Well... yeah, they only seem to like doing one season pass per version of the game.

I hope that when we do get the game on NX (Because at this point is there any doubt we're getting one?) we have the ability to either transfer over our save or they give us a new story because I seriously don't wanna play the same legend mode again with minimal changes.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So far, there's no significant LTTP representation. Also a new storyline ala Linkle would be cool and the best way to celebrate my friend Groose teaming up for a cross-dimensional adventure with a rando subrosian.

So many potential fun characters to play as. I'd love:
- Any witch. Cast spells and drop items to help your generals.
- More playable villians (gimme WW's Anubis-y Iron Knuckle, or Dead Hand, or King Bulbo)
- Owl/GP/Rauru
- Fuckin' Hero's Shade
- Ezlo hat for Toon Link

Also: patch in the original dynamic eyes for Toon Link. He's not the same with that dead ahead stare.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Is Twinrova in the game yet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

FirstAidKite posted:

It will also let you play as error, agahnim, sahasrahla, chris houlihan, blind, syrup, kaepora gaebora, the shopkeeper that kills you, will wright, saria, nabooru, twinrova, malon, anju, happy mask salesman, dampe, sakon, pierre, mikau, majora, the toilet hand, kamaro, kafei, darmani, keaton, guru-guru, igos du ikana, veran, ralph, fat impa, nayru, farore, din, rosa, onox, maple, ricky, moosh, dimitri, vaati, makar, beedle, ezlo, mutoh, malo, telma, yeta, postman, linebeck, jolene, chancellor cole, alfonzo, byrne, hilda, ravio, yuga, princess styla, sir combsly, gwonam, king harkinian, gaspra, pinkle, and barkle

but not Groose

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Maple could be a lot of fun.

Have her weapons be her broom/vaccuum/UFO. It'd work.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

After loving up twice I did some Skulltula gathering to let off some steam and I just aced that tri boss thing with 2 seconds to spare. Feeling pretty good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Maple could be a lot of fun.

Have her weapons be her broom/vaccuum/UFO. It'd work.

Lol, I remember her sweeping sprite whenever she was picking up her items after smashing into Link. :3:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When does Toon Zelda drop so I can shove her in a bin.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I'm guessing Toon Zelda will be more based off her Spirit Tracks incarnation so maybe she'll be a ghost.

She's gotta be more fun that normal Zelda.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Toon Zelda could be the most fun possible character they could make with her, but it still would not be worth the loss of Linebeck.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I look forward to linebeck in next year's season pass

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Please remember that all of the oracle/minish cap/etc stuff requires a lot of extra legal finagling because Capcom owns the licenses on those characters, which is why we don't have them. it's not because nintendo hates you and your favorite character

yes i know maple is in the lttp gba port, capcom was responsible for the work on that one too

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Emalde posted:

Please remember that all of the oracle/minish cap/etc stuff requires a lot of extra legal finagling because Capcom owns the licenses on those characters, which is why we don't have them. it's not because nintendo hates you and your favorite character

yes i know maple is in the lttp gba port, capcom was responsible for the work on that one too

So its one of those Geno from SMRPG situations?

So did Capcom do 4SA on the Gamecube too or did they authorize Vaati's inclusion?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought it was more like eternal darkness or donkey kong country where nintendo ultimately owns everything there and can do with them whatever they want

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah cuz didn't Capcom (well the Flagship subsidiary that also did the portable Zelda titles for them) also help make Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad? They used the titular mirror and Dark Meta Knight in Triple Deluxe, and Daroach showed up in Mass Attack with no issue. And maple was in ALBW even though she originated in the capcom titles.

I think its more a case of them just not finding use for them or that they were one-off characters.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hyrule Warriors has stuff from the Oracle games already though.

I mean it's just some seeds you can give to your fairy but it's there.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Who gives a poo poo about "teenager who moves in serpentines on a vacuum" anyways

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

And maple was in ALBW even though she originated in the capcom titles.

...Irene?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Emalde posted:

...Irene?

The witch who gave you fast travel wasn't named maple? I swore she was.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The witch who gave you fast travel wasn't named maple? I swore she was.

Nope. She was Irene. She was very clearly Maple with the serial numbers filed off but she wasn't Maple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

HenryEx posted:

Who gives a poo poo about "teenager who moves in serpentines on a vacuum" anyways

• Locked thread