Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I probably will, grass dudes are cool contrary to it being weak to everything under the sun

On the bright side, Mega Venusaur only has two weaknesses (Psychic and Flying) so you know what to do with your Wangmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Wonder Trade is an amazing way to get Pokemiles and lottery numbers.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Pentaro posted:

Wonder Trade is an amazing way to get Pokemiles and lottery numbers.

they should call it wonder trash, and maybe not hide the actual trade behind an acronym

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Kawabata posted:

so wonder trade in pokemon y is just a give away your pokemon for a poo poo weedle

why isn't it called "give away your machamp for a poo poo weedle" instead of wonder trade

why doesn't Nintendo know what trade means

why can't I choose what to trade for after I put my pokemon up for trade

why are all the menus so loving poo poo god I hope they aren't as loving horrifyingly lovely in sun and moon

Put the Weedle on wonder trade and repeat until you get something you like.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

less laughter posted:

On the bright side, Mega Venusaur only has two weaknesses (Psychic and Flying) so you know what to do with your Wangmaster.
Yeah, was gonna use it as a mega probably with a bunch of annoying healing moves on it.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Kawabata posted:

they should call it wonder trash, and maybe not hide the actual trade behind an acronym

i'm sorry that damage happened to your brain

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kawabata posted:

why are you so salty about wonder trade, man

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Kawabata posted:

what's your trainer name, i want to see if i got anything of yours recently

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

i'm sorry that damage happened to your brain

Well I think you're the one with brain damage, good sir. So I click the icon out of curiosity, no description whatsoever is given to me (japanese developers), my thought is "well it's trade, I surelly will have a way to choose what to trade for, or cancel the trade at some point" but hahaha no.

How is it even possible to be that loving bad at designing online features in 2013. Holy poo poo.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

okay now I've seen alola Raichu in motion and he fuckign flies, I love him. he's the loving silver surfer

looks like the enemy team is gonna be the usual zubats and admins with small parties thing again but I am loving them so far

and it'd be nice to get a mushroom that wasn't all status effects and stuff for once. I get it, but come on

in conclusion, WISHIWASHI

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'm a super casual player and waiting for sun/moon to come out. I tried a bit of XY and I actually thought wonder trade was adorable. :3: Sure a lot of it may have been "trash" but people give out a lot of cool random poo poo through it and I appreciate that.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Kawabata posted:

Well I think you're the one with brain damage, good sir. So I click the icon out of curiosity, no description whatsoever is given to me (japanese developers), my thought is "well it's trade, I surelly will have a way to choose what to trade for, or cancel the trade at some point" but hahaha no.

How is it even possible to be that loving bad at designing online features in 2013. Holy poo poo.

It's not the game's fault that you can't read

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

hmmm this feature is called "wonder trade" it must be normal trade yes that makes sense. wonder is quite often used as a synonym for normal after all...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Kawabata posted:

That's not true at all though like the entire top screen explains what is and how it is random every time you use it

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

hmmm this feature is called "wonder trade" it must be normal trade yes that makes sense. wonder is quite often used as a synonym for normal after all...

unfortunately wonder is also not a synonym for random

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm ready to foil the plans of Chapo Guzma and see him escape prison every time I defeat him. Also apparently he's mad he couldn't make captain, and there's a lot of stuff going on about a monarchy, like the Z-Ring was made by the "Princesses of Alola" so i'm guessing the monarchy was destroyed but the royal family still lives and Guzma is part of it and uses his pirate gansters to try and overthrow the government again or something.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Kawabata posted:

unfortunately wonder is also not a synonym for random

won·der
ˈwəndər/Submit
noun
a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.

HMMMMMMMM

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Kawabata posted:

The Wonder Trade icon has a pokeball being swapped with a ? and the regular Trade icon is right there above it. Sorry you lost your machamp or whatever but this one's on you.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

won·der
ˈwəndər/Submit
noun
a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.

HMMMMMMMM

Um excuse me but a billion weedles isn't beautiful nor does it cause admiration. Checkmate. :smuggo:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zuzie posted:

A bit on the Alolan Meowth:

I wonder how the monarchy was destroyed though...

Unova invaded

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

pik_d posted:

Um excuse me but a billion weedles isn't beautiful nor does it cause admiration. Checkmate. :smuggo:

WEEDLE IS BEAUTIFUL ALL POKES ARE BEAUTIFUL HOW DARE YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

McDragon posted:

it'd be nice to get a mushroom that wasn't all status effects and stuff for once. I get it, but come on

Breloom says hi

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Still cheaper, and more fashionable, than being Team Flare.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm ready to foil the plans of Chapo Guzma and see him escape prison every time I defeat him. Also apparently he's mad he couldn't make captain, and there's a lot of stuff going on about a monarchy, like the Z-Ring was made by the "Princesses of Alola" so i'm guessing the monarchy was destroyed but the royal family still lives and Guzma is part of it and uses his pirate gansters to try and overthrow the government again or something.

I'm not sure anywhere in Pokemon even has a government to overthrow. The closest thing you've got is the local Prof.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

there's a king in x/y that they talk about, but maybe that was just an ancient king? i can't recall.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

there's a king in x/y that they talk about, but maybe that was just an ancient king? i can't recall.

The King was the Wandering Jew with the goth Floette.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kawabata posted:

i see

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I can't wait for the gym leader who's a big mushroom weirdo

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
What's all this text at the top of the screen when I choose Wonder Trade. What am I, in school? I'm not reading this poo poo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this game for kids is too difficult for me

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Is there a better way to keep track of my living dex than this pokedextracker website. It works fine but scrolling down 250 Pokemon every time it reloads is getting kind of annoying.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My last Wonder trade I got at a Rattata name MyDadHitsMe

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

someone gave me a female timid togepi with nasty plot last night, that was pretty nice

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Wonder Trade is a great way of wasting time and collecting terribly named pokemon such as this Pelipper I have called "I'm sorry" and I laugh every time I see it in my Bank.

Also I've gotten 3 shiny Eevees through it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in my experience people send more eevees than zigzagoons, though not by much. both are far more common than any other monster

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's just Ralts the whole way down for me

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I keep every wonder traded 'mon that has a nickname, my favourites are iHATEu the Charmander and d0nglord the Dewgong.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i've wonder traded a shiny drowzee that i named Magic Mike and I've gotten a perfect iv'd contrary female shiny snivy

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I got a Timid, Contrary female Snivy through Wonder Trade.

I also got a Charmander named Adolf Hitler.

Wonder Trade is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like WT but sometimes I would throw a trash mon and get a 5iv Bagon. I would feel so bad that I would force them to trade with me so I can give them something good.

But then they'll give me more good pokemon and I feel worse.

• Locked thread