Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
i'm hoping without lane swaps blank gets super punished for having no presence for like the first 20 minutes of the game. but the tigers will choke, it is in the script etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I was under the impression that he got played pretty often and SKT fans didn’t think of him as "not-faker", but maybe I just got the wrong impression from worlds and the casters there.

He only played 4 games at Worlds and two of those were against H2K and Bangkok Titans that went a combined 2-10 in groups. SKT used a bit more than that in the regular season but when the stakes really mattered he mostly got relegated to the bench.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

mirrorquiz posted:

i'm hoping without lane swaps blank gets super punished for having no presence for like the first 20 minutes of the game. but the tigers will choke, it is in the script etc etc

idk if SKT will beat KT honestly.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
KT to win first seed, Tigers get second seed, SKT lose gauntlet to Afreeca.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Match fixing PED user "faker"' bullied easyhoon off the team because of his ego problems.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

Match fixing PED user "faker"' bullied easyhoon off the team because of his ego problems.

This would never have happened on Liquid. They would have kicked Faker for being toxic and ruining team atmosphere.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Savage Cracker posted:

This would never have happened on Liquid. They would have kicked Faker for being toxic and ruining team atmosphere.

Regardless of the era of the team, surely Saint, Dom, or Dardoch would have invented some kind of revolutionary new slur to use on him to keep him in his place.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Woo waiting in line for world's tickets. Also agree with Libertine, TI format is a thousand times better and Valves majors are so much better. My dream esports league would be LCS plus four majors like DOTS

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Dota would basically be perfect if only they didn't play Dota

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CSGO does pretty well

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
drat imagine dad roach trying to step to Saint only to realize too late that hes literally mclovin irl and saints going to haze him

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

My ideal e sport would be world of Warcraft raiding but with full frontal nudity and Coke Zero logos on every surface.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Well the tickets site is garbage and according to reddit it is sold out sooo I lose

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Work Friend Keven posted:

My ideal e sport would be world of Warcraft raiding but with full frontal nudity and Coke Zero logos on every surface.

You would have to start the season completely nude and could only put on articles of clothing corresponding to the completion of your 5 or 8 piece armor set in the raid instance.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Been far too busy with moving this week, but hopefully I can find some time to watch the LCK playoffs soon :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smol posted:

Been far too busy with moving this week, but hopefully I can find some time to watch the LCK playoffs soon :(

You aren't missing much. two stomps in a row

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Yeah hopefully it gets better the first two series were completely one-sided.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
notorious pob the real mvp of all-lcs voting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a lot of the EU coaches voted for their team members only. a LOT.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

EU coaches doing something that would result in a tie? That seems wrong, you must be mistaken.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the region where Roccat is a first place team and Rekkles is a carry

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

why can you vote for your own team to be MVP

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

because the western coaches dont even know all the players on all the teams

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
meteos voted fabby for all pro lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Jerkface posted:

meteos voted fabby for all pro lol

and Piglet second team

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Sexpansion posted:

he just told an amazing story about how he asked Sneaky to give him a good leash in a pro game and sneaky wouldn't so he told him to kill himself and that's why he's not on C9 anymore. also, he's the best solo-queue jungler I've ever seen in my life.
Based on this advice, I watched him. His stream is ridiculous. He is successfully 1v5ing half the time while commentating every decision he makes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

having to watch lgd vs newbee in the promotion tournament is a real sophies choice for me

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
rekkles and freeze are going IN man holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/freezelol/status/763690830926319616

https://twitter.com/rekkleslol/status/763695956332277760

https://twitter.com/rekkleslol/status/763697695198474240

https://twitter.com/freezelol/status/763698589843517441

i love it

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 11, 2016

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
freeze sucks

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

henkman posted:

freeze eu sucks

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Forgiven is about to beat both of them

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I've stumped pretty hard for Fnatic in the past but I do not think their team this year has what it takes. I think H2K should beat them and I think they are going to miss worlds.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

I've stumped pretty hard for Fnatic in the past but I do not think their team this year has what it takes. I think H2K should beat them and I think they are going to miss worlds.

e. actually gently caress it yeah forgiven at worlds boys let's go

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 11, 2016

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Unsurprisingly, Santorin is leaving NRG

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

https://twitter.com/GBM_lol/status/763802042225655808

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

GBM to jungle sounds like Ambition going to the jungle. Although Ambition was a lot better in his prime than GBM ever was and he also actually beat GBM as a midlaner. A lot of people are calling for Santorin to join Echo Fox. I don't want to see Froggen/Santorin mid jungle synergy where they do nothing until 40minutes. Would make sense though since Hard is absolute garbage even if he tries to make plays early on and Santorin is Danish like Froggen.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i thought echo fox would be good this split so i really have no good ideas

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

exethan posted:

i thought echo fox would be good this split so i really have no good ideas

me too buddy, me too

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Ulio posted:

A lot of people are calling for Santorin to join Echo Fox. I don't want to see Froggen/Santorin mid jungle synergy where they do nothing until 40minutes. Would make sense though since Hard is absolute garbage even if he tries to make plays early on and Santorin is Danish like Froggen.

Budget Sven/Bjerg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Savage Cracker posted:

Budget Sven/Bjerg
Canonically Jensen is the budget Bjerg

• Locked thread