Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonikaTSarn
May 23, 2005

mdemone posted:

Unfortunately I think the game won't let players with multiple 7* toons just send one in alone against the rancor.

Had to send my lowest five 7* toons in and just basic on the guards.

It does work, you just have to ignore the complaint and try once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Benny Shakey, Rung, and Bola Het, you did damage during the 12 hour no touch event. Don't do it again.

Raid policy for today

I know this has all been confusing and a lot of people have made suggestions. There are roughly 3 options that I see moving forward at 9am (20 minutes).

Option 1 is the communist plan. Top few people try to complete the raid. Can probably do with 5 people. The big question here is what happens to rewards for everyone else. We think it either redistributes rewards through some sort of average, or it randomizes places.

Option 2 is the social-capitalist plan. We all get to attack once for the next 12 hours.

Option 3 is the capitalist plan. FFA at 9am.

For today, I want to go with Option 2. We should have enough people at 0 damage that we can get a sense of what happens with a tie, and can decide if Option 1 is better. However, there is one big problem with option 1: it locks 40+ people out of being able to participate in the raid. At this point I'm pretty bored, and would be happy to be one of those 40ish people, but, I get that some people haven't been clearing this 2-3 times a week for the past couple months (ironically, Option 1 has those of us that have spent the most time raiding continuing to raid the most...).

We will continue to have a 12 hour waiting period following raid start, and I'm open to discussion on when this can happen. We can start the 12 hour waiting period anytime after 7:30 PM Pacific (coins are added to guild bank).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 11, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

We have a lot of inactives in IGD. We could use anyone that wants to come from GGA or QGJ. We don't need more damage on T7 raid, so it would actually be cool if people that have like 1-2 7*s want to jump in to get better loot. Really we just want you to spend energy daily and participate in the guild thing so we can do raids more often and get more guild coins. We'll also take high damage people, but, I don't want to keep hurting QGJ's raids.

Supposedly tabs account is almost fixed. :suicide:

So I have Rey and je. Dengar is high enough the scoundrels can auto the credits and t3 mods at 5 stars. Uhh who else is worth going for in the guild store? Also jawas are kinda bonkers and I really want to try them in arena.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
What scoundrels are you using for the t3 mod? I got destroyed in there with my credit heist group.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

xyigx posted:

Also jawas are kinda bonkers and I really want to try them in arena.

I swapped in my Jawa team for 1 fight in the arena against a droid team of HK, 88, 86, 100 and B2. I got my rear end kicked pretty badly, even though all my jawas are level 80, mostly 7* and gear 8. So not super impressive. The stuns and other debuffs just didn't seem to trigger, maybe I was unlucky.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

I swapped in my Jawa team for 1 fight in the arena against a droid team of HK, 88, 86, 100 and B2. I got my rear end kicked pretty badly, even though all my jawas are level 80, mostly 7* and gear 8. So not super impressive. The stuns and other debuffs just didn't seem to trigger, maybe I was unlucky.

I'm guessing half their abilities aren't working right now, because JE is the only Jawa anyone has tested. In about 2 months, after the raid has been live for a month, they'll finally get around to fixing Jawas.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Fenris13 posted:

What scoundrels are you using for the t3 mod? I got destroyed in there with my credit heist group.

88 leader, Lando both 7* g9 level 80, 6 star Boba at 74 g8, 6 star greedo at 72 g8, and 5 star Dengar at 67 g8. Dengar and Greedo are both modded for health/defence/protection using all 1 pip maxed mods. Boba is unmodded because :effort:. Lando and 88 have 3 pip level 12 mods 88 for def/health(his life steal makes this better than protection), Lando is modded for crit damage and crit chance, he is currently at 197% crit damage with over 80% crit chance with his passive and 88 lead. All of them got potency when it was avaliable on a mod that also met the criteria for what I was modding that toons for. Greedo got speed when possible.

All the aoe spreads 88's omega leader ability's dots. while buffing 88's damage output and crit chance. Greedo adds another debuffs layer with his detonators. That gives you a extremely hard hitting aoe that is always up on Lando and does 100%(omegaed of course) more damage with his aoe every turn after the first or maybe every other turn(not sure on that part but it hasn't mattered so eh). Whatever manages to live through that gets eaten alive by the dots(these seem % damage based). Lando will always get 2 crits off 3+ opponents so his aoe is always off cool down. Probably a lot more info than you were asking for but I figured I should at least explain because of the way I modded them might be a bit weird.

^^^^ drat well hopefully they get fixed soon. Because the protection and stealth shenanigans were quite fun.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 11, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is Phasma's dodge rate suddenly crazy high for other people?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Disco De Soto posted:

Keep gearing them, there is a HUGE gap between g8 and g10, and can't forget mods. Dathcha for example gains a lot of Potency when he's max gear that will let his AOE debuffs stick. Him and Jawa were able to stun the droids in the t3 Crit Mod Challenge pretty consistently. Damage is a little light overall with the team but I don't have Jawa and Nebit fully geared yet, and didn't even bother using Scavenger since he still has a ways to go to be useful. Not saying at all that a fully-geared and modded Jawa squad will be legit, but I think there is a mix in there that will be very effective.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
This is worth reading about if you are trying to put minimal effort into unlocking mods

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4x7k48/minimum_requirements_to_3_t3_of_mod_challenges/

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Malgrin posted:

This is worth reading about if you are trying to put minimal effort into unlocking mods

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4x7k48/minimum_requirements_to_3_t3_of_mod_challenges/

And here I was thinking I could get by at 5* for the most part...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Spoz posted:

And here I was thinking I could get by at 5* for the most part...

Well, if you're looking to win, you can probably do it with less than what they are showing. If you want to be able to sim it, yeah, not going to be easy.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Well, if you're looking to win, you can probably do it with less than what they are showing. If you want to be able to sim it, yeah, not going to be easy.

I've got most people to 4* but the 65 shards to 5* is still gonna take a while. Thinking of prioritizing the 1st order one since I have phasma and kylo nearly maxed from way back when. The reddit didn't go into depth about mods so I'm hoping that I can pilfer my A team mods for a bit.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I'm curious. How often are you goon guilds doing raids? The guild I'm in is barely doing two a week.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

UmOk posted:

I'm curious. How often are you goon guilds doing raids? The guild I'm in is barely doing two a week.

3ish T7 raids/week in IGD

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

We haven't done less than 2 T7 raids per week since we started T7. I think we're around 22-25k coins per day, and we need more active players! Add me as a friend and join IGD

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

oops wrong forum posted:

Damage is a little light overall with the team but I don't have Jawa and Nebit fully geared yet, and didn't even bother using Scavenger since he still has a ways to go to be useful. Not saying at all that a fully-geared and modded Jawa squad will be legit, but I think there is a mix in there that will be very effective.

Damage is VERY light with these guys. Datcha is really the only one that packs a punch. I thought all the stuns and debuffs would help balance that out but so far it's not promising.

- JE's patch up power doesn't revive jawas so without droids its just a lovely heal
- JE and JS use detonators and detonators SUCK
- Datcha's leadership power sounds good but it doesn't seem to debuff anywhere near 80% of hits

HOWEVER

- Nebit's cooldown reducing taunt and tagteam ambush are awesome
- Datcha and Jawa Vanilla's group stun are potentially awesome
- JS making GBS threads out detonators combined with scrap bomb is potentially awesome
- A whole team of creepy hooded midgets is definitely awesome

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ok, I'm working on a spreadsheet thing. With your help, it can become a lot better, but, because I don't do data pulls, I'm just manually entering it from SWGoH.gg, so, if you want to add characters to what I've started with, you can manually enter their stats:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMsl_x9PNTmSQDOZc4rDWtBgdp1A7kFHRcA2Qvzsh6U/edit?usp=sharing

For now, I'm just working on creating formulas so that you can see what their stats would be with certain mods. I'm not great with formulas, so this may take me a little bit, and if you have suggestions or are really good with functions, let me know. I'm not sure I can make this anything other than clunky with google sheets, but I thought I'd try (I could do this with Python a lot easier, but I'm not great at building app/UI type stuff at all).

e: The goal of this is something that you could duplicate, and then play around with what mods go where and how that affects stats.

Had to look into crit rating while doing this. I plotted 7 heroes that I have max agi for...swgoh.gg lists physical crit rating, but game now only shows %. Fortunately, I was able to test that 24 crit rating = 1% crit, but, you start with a base 10%.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 12, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

nerd stuff

Nice work. I was hoping something like this existed.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Nice work. I was hoping something like this existed.

I tried looking for it. Work got insane today and I had to stop, but I'll keep working on it over the weekend. Unfortunately there are some complications with the formulas, but I have the speed row working. Adding anyone new will be a pain, but if anyone wants to take on the role of data entry, I can do the rest....

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
An accurate flow chart of how stats in this game are calculated involved arrows, black boxes and question marks.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Malgrin posted:

We haven't done less than 2 T7 raids per week since we started T7. I think we're around 22-25k coins per day, and we need more active players! Add me as a friend and join IGD

Added you. In game name is Daz

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
LOL. Instead of a weekly update, they posted the trailer for Rogue One. Yeah, like we haven't already seen that...
If you ae going to have something called weekly update, at least make it weekly, otherwise it becomes the occassional update or we don't give a poo poo about our players update.
We want to know when the next raid might hit, where we stand with level caps, if they are adding any new heroes soon or when they will break gspy so that he's the new must have p2w champ. Are any assaults coming soon? When is the next bugs patch coming? Stupid poo poo like that. Soesnt have to tell us that the raid is coming on 8/22 at 5:23 PM, but a general loving ballpark estimate would be nice.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

LOL. Instead of a weekly update, they posted the trailer for Rogue One. Yeah, like we haven't already seen that...
If you ae going to have something called weekly update, at least make it weekly, otherwise it becomes the occassional update or we don't give a poo poo about our players update.
We want to know when the next raid might hit, where we stand with level caps, if they are adding any new heroes soon or when they will break gspy so that he's the new must have p2w champ. Are any assaults coming soon? When is the next bugs patch coming? Stupid poo poo like that. Soesnt have to tell us that the raid is coming on 8/22 at 5:23 PM, but a general loving ballpark estimate would be nice.

I wish they'd hire a proper Community Manager who understands how to connect to the community. I don't understand how they can be so misinformed and unaware of their own product right now. The whole "You can beat modded teams without a modded team ~if you know how~" was the crux of it; no clue about the product they are selling.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

iGestalt posted:

I wish they'd hire a proper Community Manager who understands how to connect to the community. I don't understand how they can be so misinformed and unaware of their own product right now. The whole "You can beat modded teams without a modded team ~if you know how~" was the crux of it; no clue about the product they are selling.

I am almost starting to think the star wars brand is a loving curse for games. I feel like the brand generates so much revenue that the sales numbers nearly always look good and a lot of developers just kind of never really get the idea that something major is wrong.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

I would blame Jesse, but I think he's on an extremely tight leash. It's the people higher up in the organization that are holding the leash.

xyigx posted:

I am almost starting to think the star wars brand is a loving curse for games. I feel like the brand generates so much revenue that the sales numbers nearly always look good and a lot of developers just kind of never really get the idea that something major is wrong.

Yeah, but, they should have received a very clear message after mods were released that they needed to do things differently -- as they dropped from top 5 to like 20th in top grossing games in the google store. Complaints came in pretty loud and clear, and I don't understand how they haven't restructured their company already...a drop like that pretty much overnight shouldn't be ignored by those at the top.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

I would blame Jesse, but I think he's on an extremely tight leash. It's the people higher up in the organization that are holding the leash.

Yeah, but, they should have received a very clear message after mods were released that they needed to do things differently -- as they dropped from top 5 to like 20th in top grossing games in the google store. Complaints came in pretty loud and clear, and I don't understand how they haven't restructured their company already...a drop like that pretty much overnight shouldn't be ignored by those at the top.

Cg has been described to me as the short bus of the Disney umbrella of mobile studios by people from other Disney mobile studios. So I guess I am less surprised at how they inept they are. I have no idea who they have pictures of but seriously after their dragon age game they should have been taken out back and flogged. That game was soooooo loving bad and really lived on the brand name as well.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ok, mod spreadsheet is clunky but working. Under the mod choices tab, enter the number of each type of mod you want, and the number of est bonuses you have. This is entirely up to you for getting right/wrong...as far as the spreadsheet knows, you can have a million offense mods. I've also backed this up in case one of you completely fucks it up.

So far, I have 11 heroes added, but they're some of the most frequently used heroes. I've set up the spreadsheet so that all you have to do is enter their stats from SWGOH.GG, and the rest of the spreadsheet will automatically adjust itself. Also, if you want to sort it alphabetically or by speed or something, do that from the basic stats page. Everything else *should* align. So, if you just want to test out mods in this spreadsheet, you can adjust the numbers under mod choices, but if other people are doing anything, you'll mess with their stuff, so you might just want to download a copy (or make your own copy in google sheets). If you decide to add heroes to your spreadsheet, please copy their numbers over to this one.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to calculate resistance and armor, it isn't linear. I mean, I could figure it out, but I don't want to, so all you are getting for now is an armor/resistance rating. If you want to figure it out, here is what I know: 139 armor = 18.81%, 85 armor = 12.41%, 275 armor = 21.46%, and 381 armor = 25.88%. Godspeed.

If I don't get help from you, I'm going to have to ask on Reddit...and then I'll feel icky.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMsl_x9PNTmSQDOZc4rDWtBgdp1A7kFHRcA2Qvzsh6U/edit?usp=sharing

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Are we doing the one 0 damage boop on the rancor for the 1st 12 hours. I'd be interested in seeing if we can coordinate enough to try the tied loot split theory. I only read about after someone else had already jumped the gun.

Edit:welp looks like at least 3 people don't read the thread anyway.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 14, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Ok, mod spreadsheet is clunky but working. Under the mod choices tab, enter the number of each type of mod you want, and the number of est bonuses you have. This is entirely up to you for getting right/wrong...as far as the spreadsheet knows, you can have a million offense mods. I've also backed this up in case one of you completely fucks it up.

So far, I have 11 heroes added, but they're some of the most frequently used heroes. I've set up the spreadsheet so that all you have to do is enter their stats from SWGOH.GG, and the rest of the spreadsheet will automatically adjust itself. Also, if you want to sort it alphabetically or by speed or something, do that from the basic stats page. Everything else *should* align. So, if you just want to test out mods in this spreadsheet, you can adjust the numbers under mod choices, but if other people are doing anything, you'll mess with their stuff, so you might just want to download a copy (or make your own copy in google sheets). If you decide to add heroes to your spreadsheet, please copy their numbers over to this one.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to calculate resistance and armor, it isn't linear. I mean, I could figure it out, but I don't want to, so all you are getting for now is an armor/resistance rating. If you want to figure it out, here is what I know: 139 armor = 18.81%, 85 armor = 12.41%, 275 armor = 21.46%, and 381 armor = 25.88%. Godspeed.

If I don't get help from you, I'm going to have to ask on Reddit...and then I'll feel icky.

Def mods not having any way to differentiate normal def vs special def until you equip is really obnoxious. Poor nebit almost ended up stacked with special def by accident.

Edit looking at those numbers it looks like diminishing returns with break points. If that is the case it would explain why it scales in such a weird way.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 14, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Def mods not having any way to differentiate normal def vs special def until you equip is really obnoxious. Poor nebit almost ended up stacked with special def by accident.

Edit looking at those numbers it looks like diminishing returns with break points. If that is the case it would explain why it scales in such a weird way.

Yeah, I just assumed it's a sq(x) equation, but I could be wrong.

I thought a mod affected both types of def?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I just assumed it's a sq(x) equation, but I could be wrong.

I thought a mod affected both types of def?

I spent about 1.5 mil on 1 and 3 star mods this morning to check. Some affect both some seem to only effect one why? :iiam:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
All the top arena peeps getting on the anakin bandwagon.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Malgrin posted:

I just added you, but I'm in another guild right now. Once you accept, I should be able to quit my current guild and apply to IGD, correct?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

The Diddler posted:

I just added you, but I'm in another guild right now. Once you accept, I should be able to quit my current guild and apply to IGD, correct?

Correct

Darth Tater?

Someone named Time to change the name also applied to IGD. is that one of you?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 14, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

cowofwar posted:

All the top arena peeps getting on the anakin bandwagon.

I'm on it for the hard GW nodes. He's a counter to RG. If you face him on defense just kill him first even before Rey. You don't want to eat a death powered AE.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Right now I nope any team that has him but it looks like people are trending towards him.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
IGD still has two spots. Join our clown shoe guild and get crushed by T7 rancor for purps

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Darth Tater?

Yeah, I just applied to the guild now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I NEED SCISSORS
Dec 6, 2004

Ask me about "probable reason" or whatever you call that thing.
Wouldn't mind an invite to IGD. I was in the spreadsheet waiting for an invite.

Lazycrow 227-873-117