Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Luke didn't know Claire before JJ.

It will have flashbacks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So far everything in both comic movie universes has been totally straight forward timeline-wise. The only contradiction I can think of is that Thor starts somewhere in the middle of Iron Man 2 so that the post-credit thing works out.

muscles like this? posted:

Arrow also name dropped Ted Kord in the first couple of seasons but ended up not being able to use him, which is why we got Ray Palmer.

Such a shame. Especially since it turned out DC didn't have any plans for him anyway.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SonicRulez posted:

So far everything in both comic movie universes has been totally straight forward timeline-wise.
World War II didn't happen in the 21st Century.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

:siren: https://twitter.com/TheFienPrint/status/763801837845696514:siren:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

OMGlee

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that JJ won't be in Cage in anything other than a small cameo, if at all, and they won't reconnect until Defenders and then starting in jj s2 they'll be in each other's shows

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/TVGuide/status/763803367445368836

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Well, poo poo, I don't even watch these shows but I gotta see that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Oh gently caress me, they better be bringing NPH in on this one.

Because he's the music meister and everyone just swoons

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WHAT? Another Speed Villain? I am schocked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chris Wood from the Vampire Diaries has been cast as Mon-El for Supergirl. They're gonna have to put Superman on a few phone books as Wood is a bit taller.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I thought this was just a joke until 30 seconds ago when i discovered she was actually on glee lol

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Rhyno posted:

Chris Wood from the Vampire Diaries has been cast as Mon-El for Supergirl. They're gonna have to put Superman on a few phone books as Wood is a bit taller.

Every picture we've seen so far has Superman shorter than who ever he is with. He was shorter than Amell too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

Every picture we've seen so far has Superman shorter than who ever he is with. He was shorter than Amell too.

I know, it's just going to be hilarious when this other guy who is just like Superman towers over him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The musical episodes should be fun because Carlos Valdes (Cisco) and Jeremy Jordan (Winn) are also pretty good singers.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I was talking to a friend a few weeks ago about how they should bring in Mon El. I am not disappointed.

Now bring in the Legion and hope the budget doesn't straight up catch fire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mortanis posted:

I was talking to a friend a few weeks ago about how they should bring in Mon El. I am not disappointed.

Now bring in the Legion and hope the budget doesn't straight up catch fire.

We've already seen a flight ring so it's not out of the question.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

The musical episodes should be fun because Carlos Valdes (Cisco) and Jeremy Jordan (Winn) are also pretty good singers.

Jesse L Martin (Joe West) is an actual broadway singer too

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Too bad about that scrub that plays Joe West.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I THOUGHT JESSE L MARTIN WAS A GIVEN

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pretty sure that the entire cast has some form of singing talent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys just watch, Katie Cassiday probably sings like a goddamned angel but they'll give her 4 lines and EBR will get thew bulk of the lead and she'll end up sounding like Roseanne.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I THOUGHT JESSE L MARTIN WAS A GIVEN

Just to keep proving you foolish for not mentioning him

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

You guys just watch, Katie Cassiday probably sings like a goddamned angel but they'll give her 4 lines and EBR will get thew bulk of the lead and she'll end up sounding like Roseanne.

Wikipedia says Katie Cassidy actually did do a single of I Think I Love You (one of her father's songs of course) when she was 15, but it's hard to tell if she's any good because it's super overproduced.

I guess her not releasing anything else in the last 15 years points to no though.

ToastyPotato posted:

That's a weird new power but I'll give them a chance to see where they go with it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Katie Cassidy is David Cassidy's daughter? I did not know that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

site posted:

I thought this was just a joke until 30 seconds ago when i discovered she was actually on glee lol

Yeah, everyone on that show got autotuned to Hell and back, but she and Grant Gustin have shown elsewhere that they can actually sing.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

site posted:

To be fair, Ryan Murphy forgot she was on Glee too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

That's a weird new power but I'll give them a chance to see where they go with it.

You'll be amazed during the midseason finale when they reveal that Tyler Hoechlin is actually a tiny Superman that flew out of a larger Tyler Hoechlin's hand.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

So far everything in both comic movie universes has been totally straight forward timeline-wise. The only contradiction I can think of is that Thor starts somewhere in the middle of Iron Man 2 so that the post-credit thing works out.

Daredevil Season 1 and JJ S1 both take place in the aftermath of Avengers 1. I think it is ambiguous as to if DD Season 2 take place after Avengers 2 but neither really have any Sokovia or Civil War references, so I'm guessing they're still in between A1 and A2.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Rumor is Supergirl will also have Miss Martian showing up.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/08/11/small-screen-roundup-miss-martian-on-supergirl-mirror-master-on-flash-and-more?sf33146378=1

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

notthegoatseguy posted:

Daredevil Season 1 and JJ S1 both take place in the aftermath of Avengers 1. I think it is ambiguous as to if DD Season 2 take place after Avengers 2 but neither really have any Sokovia or Civil War references, so I'm guessing they're still in between A1 and A2.

Well, with Perlmutter decoupled from the movie side, will we really get explicit references to the movies now? I kinda doubt it :\

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HIJK posted:

Well, with Perlmutter decoupled from the movie side, will we really get explicit references to the movies now? I kinda doubt it :\

It has been reported that the Netflix deal keeps Ike out of their hair for the most part. He really only has control over AoS and whatever else they dump on ABC.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

I think it'd be an interesting take to have a Superman who is super twinky or maybe a little chunky because he's never actually exercised in his life.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

notthegoatseguy posted:

My thought process when I said this was keeping the movies and the Netflix separate. The Netflix stuff happens in sequence of release and so do the movies. Where the two mix is drat near completely irrelevant since Marvel's overall attitude toward the two colliding seems to be "No thanks". All we know for sure is that the Netflix stuff starts after the first Avengers and that there's a timeskip between DD S1 and S2. I'd be curious to see where the rest fall in. Putting everything between the two Avengers movies makes sense. It's also a really good way to completely ignore Civil War.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, Dolph Lundgren is in arrow next season.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bunnyofdoom posted:

loving A.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Hello, Meghan!?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Not a rumor. It was announced by DC/CW

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice

jscolon2.0 posted:

Hello, Meghan!?

Yeah... I'm a horrible person but really hope they go with the Young Justice version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Secret recording of Arrow producers' meeting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OynSXUfx5vs&t=20s