Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GutBomb posted:

And that's when I would have walked out.

That happened to my dad when he bought a car last year so he said "gently caress this" and just paid cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I swore the 0% APR ended on 8/1. Now I check and it says 9/6 on the ford site. poo poo.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Did you not take marketing classes in college? You always have a sale and list a time to end so it pushes people to act. If you don't list an end date people wait.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

So I did a thing.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Did they give you lube first?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Christobevii3 posted:

Did you not take marketing classes in college? You always have a sale and list a time to end so it pushes people to act. If you don't list an end date people wait.

Yeah well I didnt act so there

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DirtyFalcon posted:

So I did a thing.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

this is the theory brought to you by marketing weenies that can't measure poo poo

i'm pretty much not sold on it actually working, but as long as it funds cool stuff i'm ok with it

Well Mitsubishi has dropped all the cool poo poo for the RVR, Outlander and Mirage so I guess we'll get to see a real world application of the theory.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DirtyFalcon posted:

So I did a thing.

Hell yea, I'll trade you for my well broken-in ST!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

8ender posted:

Well Mitsubishi has dropped all the cool poo poo for the RVR, Outlander and Mirage so I guess we'll get to see a real world application of the theory.

Maybe 2017 will be the year of Mitsubishi dropping out of the North American market.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

DirtyFalcon posted:

So I did a thing.

NICE! it's a great car!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

8ender posted:

because they were doing so well before they killed the EVO am i right?

It will be interesting, though. The Outlander actually isn't bad.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

DirtyFalcon posted:

So I did a thing.

How much over sticker did you pay?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Don Lapre posted:

Paid MSRP.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Who the hell told you about my special price?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Don Lapre posted:

Yeah my first thought exactly. Last time my ST was in for an oil change there was a fresh off the truck GT350 in the showroom with a poo poo you not $20,000 "market adjustment" - it was also covered in pollen dust and had an obvious scratch on the front bumper which nobody seemed to care about.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It only takes one rich idiot for the dealer's gamble to be worth it.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Anyone having the stalling/rev dropping problem on their 15/16 FoSTs? The ST forums of course make it sound like an epidemic.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

PaintVagrant posted:

Anyone having the stalling/rev dropping problem on their 15/16 FoSTs? The ST forums of course make it sound like an epidemic.

What is the issue? I'm unaware of it.

Dark Solux
Dec 8, 2004

Old School Saturn God
I've had it happen a few times, I can replicate it by clutching in & braking on a really hot day with the AC on in stop and go traffic. Like going in and out of first gear. Mine is a 2013 ST through.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I thought the wiring harness fix was the solution to that problem?

For what it's worth, two things fixed my issue with random rev drops: getting the wiring harness fix from Ford, and updating my Cobb Accessport flash to a newer version of the flash that raises the idle rev somewhat. If you have a AP but use a custom tune, you can ask your tuner to make you a tune that has a slightly higher rev rate, if they don't use one by default.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Yeah for the 13 and 14 it's the wiring harness and you really ought to get it fixed. The harness fix got rid of the problem entirely for me. Don't know about 15/16, it's probably something else.

Having the engine turn off at 70mph on the Southeast Expressway in Boston was a rather unpleasant experience.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Welp, bought a FiST, pending some paperwork stuff tomorrow. Platinum white, recaros, black wheels/red calipers. I think I broke the salesman's spirit, or at least he is acting that way which makes me feel good either way.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

PaintVagrant posted:

Welp, bought a FiST, pending some paperwork stuff tomorrow. Platinum white, recaros, black wheels/red calipers. I think I broke the salesman's spirit, or at least he is acting that way which makes me feel good either way.

Congrats! How much did it set you back? That's pretty similar to what I'd get if I end up deciding to get the FiST.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

PaintVagrant posted:

Congrats!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

fknlo posted:

Congrats! How much did it set you back? That's pretty similar to what I'd get if I end up deciding to get the FiST.

Thanks!

Hard to say, as they are paying off my shitbox which should be in negative equity. Looks like around 23-24k OTD (including tax/tag/title) depending on if you think my car is worth what they are giving me for it (which it probably isnt).

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

PaintVagrant posted:

The first person I drove in mine threw up as soon as they got out of the car. I hope you have as much fun as I did.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

The first person I drove in mine threw up as soon as they got out of the car. I hope you have as much fun as I did.

haha wow. Well, I told one of my employees I would take him for a spin tomorrow, will pack barf bags

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Also, the pearl white is loving incredible, AND my cup holders glow purple!?

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Nice on the fiesta.

Today I went to get an alignment for autocross at the one place that will do something besides factory specs. I had called last week explaining what I wanted and that due to hour and a half drive I'd get there at open to do it right away. They don't do appointments but agreed to do that.

Get there today and guy at desk acts like they can't. Owner says they probably can but will have to wait a little bit. After three hours I just left and ordered the
flying miata hub stands. You'd think with NOLA raceway there would be a competent alignment shop around.

Here's a clips of my veloster turbo exhaust with a condenser mic and no mount for my go pro.

outside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS6LvAgwQQk

inside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prt7hLq0rrs

Christobevii3 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 10, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Anyone running the mountune short shift adapter on their FiST? The one that alters the mounting points of the shifter cables on the trans side.

I am pretty short 5'6", and I'm finding the ideal seat location means I am reaching pretty far for gears 1/3/5. Short shift kit seems like it would kill two birds in one stone, tighten up the loose feel of the shifter and shorten the throws which helps the ergo for me.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

PaintVagrant posted:

Anyone running the mountune short shift adapter on their FiST? The one that alters the mounting points of the shifter cables on the trans side.

I am pretty short 5'6", and I'm finding the ideal seat location means I am reaching pretty far for gears 1/3/5. Short shift kit seems like it would kill two birds in one stone, tighten up the loose feel of the shifter and shorten the throws which helps the ergo for me.

My elbow kept hitting the armrest, so I actually went with a shift extension and custom knob. It brings the shift knob up to the point that my forearm is parallel to the ground when I'm shifting, makes it a lot more comfortable.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

PaintVagrant posted:

Whatever you end up going with, post your impressions please. If I end up in a FiST a short shift kit will absolutely be my first mod because I wasn't at all a fan of the shifter.

For people that spend more time on FiST boards than I do, what are the major issues? The cars running hot seems to be pretty common but seems to be easily fixable with an aftermarket radiator and intercooler?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

fknlo posted:

Whatever you end up going with, post your impressions please. If I end up in a FiST a short shift kit will absolutely be my first mod because I wasn't at all a fan of the shifter.

For people that spend more time on FiST boards than I do, what are the major issues? The cars running hot seems to be pretty common but seems to be easily fixable with an aftermarket radiator and intercooler?

I got the big 'ole intercooler from Cobb and that kept the temperatures where they needed to be, even on track. The stock brakes are pretty awful if you're driving hard.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

DirtyFalcon posted:

So I did a thing.

You got the correct color.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

Sigma X posted:

I got the big 'ole intercooler from Cobb and that kept the temperatures where they needed to be, even on track. The stock brakes are pretty awful if you're driving hard.

I'm on my fourth set of pads and I just broke 10k miles. Every time I go to the track I destroy a set. Improving air flow with deflectors helped a little, but not enough.

I've heard of people having problems even with the wilwood kit too. Using the brakes as an e-diff is just a lovely idea. They never get a chance to cool down. I'm trying to decide if I want to drop a couple grand on a lsd or just get rid of the car. I don't like it that I can't trust the brakes.

Other than the brakes my only complaints are things resulting from the Fiesta being a cheap car. Also, sync3 is loving terrible.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

oxbrain posted:

I'm on my fourth set of pads and I just broke 10k miles. Every time I go to the track I destroy a set. Improving air flow with deflectors helped a little, but not enough.

I've heard of people having problems even with the wilwood kit too. Using the brakes as an e-diff is just a lovely idea. They never get a chance to cool down. I'm trying to decide if I want to drop a couple grand on a lsd or just get rid of the car. I don't like it that I can't trust the brakes.

Other than the brakes my only complaints are things resulting from the Fiesta being a cheap car. Also, sync3 is loving terrible.

There is a brake duct kit that helps with the temperatures, but on track you basically need the duct kit and DTC-30 pads, or DTC-60 pads. Which, of course, means you eat rotors like candy.

My newest addition to my long list of complaints is that whatever grease they used on the metal-to-plastic interface of the sun visors attachment point to the roof liner, it melts in high heat. So now this stuff has become less viscous, flowed down the elbow joint, and pulled via capillary action across the corner of the sun visor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

oxbrain posted:

Oxbrain this is not the type of hatch we want to see you post about.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

PaintVagrant posted:

The shifter position was one of several reasons that I went with a Focus ST instead. It's just placed.... badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Can you not turn off the braking lsd stuff? Have people not fitted larger factory brakes on the fiesta st? Guy figured CTS v brakes fit the veloster without much effort