Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
When I saw the movie Cabin Boy it got stuck in my spank bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
My bank for spanking it.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
If I were the commander of a sub I'd force the crew to stop being smelly and gross or else I'd dive the boat and open all the doors

This is probably what happened to the Kursk

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

criscodisco posted:

Surely at least a few figure something out.

i'm sure the desperation is there but the privacy isn't and i think it's against regs

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i think you get a bunk with a little curtain and the best compromise that can happen is everyone else pretends not to hear you cranking off

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

You get stuck on the far side of the galaxy because the captain makes a moral decision. You won't be seeing family and loved ones for 70 years if ever, shore leave is rare, holodeck is rationed, encounters with nature nonexistent until you get stranded on a planet with giant predatory snakes because the Kazon have managed to steal your ride home.

Then Janeway makes Neelix the morale officer.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It might be Stockholm syndrome but I find Neelix way more sufferable since the start of season 4.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Season 4 is where Kes got uplifted. That lack of unease about the appropriateness of Neelix's relationships is small comfort.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Automatic Slim posted:

Season 4 is where Kes got uplifted. That lack of unease about the appropriateness of Neelix's relationships is small comfort.

The fact she was like "I'M THREE YEARS OLD I CAN MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS" all the time was a constant reminder of how creepy that whole thing was. That and the fact he was a jealous psychopath. Once Kes disappeared he wasn't constantly at the point of homicide because someone smiled at her as they walked past.

":argh::argh:DID YOU SEE WHAT HE DID? YOU ARE NAIVE KES:argh::argh:"
"What Neelix?"
":argh::argh:I KNOW WHAT HE WANTS:argh::argh:"
"I'm almost two years old!"

like every episode.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i think you get a bunk with a little curtain and the best compromise that can happen is everyone else pretends not to hear you cranking off

If I was on a submarine and heard someone whacking it I'd wait until we were alone and I'd work our conversation around to the topic of my butthole.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Like "hey have you ever sat on a bulkhead it vibrates way up into your butthole I don't know what it is but my butthole just getting jiggled all over the place drives me wild you should try it".

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Then I'd open my MRE real slow and sexy with my teeth.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I wouldn't even look in the packet to see what my meal was I'd just start whipping my tongue all over the open corner of the packet giving it a real good tongue gently caress.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

It would be perfectly reasonable for crew to throw their hands in the air and say, "gently caress this poo poo. Drop me off at the first civilized high tech planet and away from the pervy hedge hog." It's not like Janeway could do anything about it either. Because that would be conscription and slavery and the Federation doesn't seem like the type that does terms of enlistment or contracts. Because humans have evolved beyond iron clad contracts or what the gently caress ever.

I can't remember the if Voyager ever did an episode of, "nope, not sticking around and you can't make me". That could've been an interesting dilemma for Janeway.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Surely friendly hospitable planets would have to have some sort of immigration program that was more stringent than "hates captain". If not, why wouldn't all the poo poo planet aliens just move in and take their jobs?

Also, an iron clad contact is hard to enforce when you're hearing constant speeches about how "we're ignoring the Federation and attacking those Romulans if you object you can be excused" or "man your escape pods drat it I'll be right behind you".

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Automatic Slim posted:

It would be perfectly reasonable for crew to throw their hands in the air and say, "gently caress this poo poo. Drop me off at the first civilized high tech planet and away from the pervy hedge hog." It's not like Janeway could do anything about it either. Because that would be conscription and slavery and the Federation doesn't seem like the type that does terms of enlistment or contracts. Because humans have evolved beyond iron clad contracts or what the gently caress ever.

I can't remember the if Voyager ever did an episode of, "nope, not sticking around and you can't make me". That could've been an interesting dilemma for Janeway.

I'm only at season 4 but they addressed it a few times early.

"The 37s" where they run into Amelia Earhart and are too cheap to show the vast advanced cities they are talking about visiting the humans there ask them to stay on the planet and it's somehow a huge deal where everyone might decide to stay and Janeway orders everyone who wants off the ship to report to the cargo bay to say goodbye but nobody shows up.

Also that episode of the smooth talking down to gently caress people on a paradise planet tried to convince them all to stay but Torres stole their technology before anyone got to decide if they wanted to stay or not.

Basically that scene in Battlestar Galactica when adama tells everyone to stand to one side of the line, but 100x lamer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Automatic Slim posted:

You get stuck on the far side of the galaxy because the captain makes a moral decision. You won't be seeing family and loved ones for 70 years if ever, shore leave is rare, holodeck is rationed, encounters with nature nonexistent until you get stranded on a planet with giant predatory snakes because the Kazon have managed to steal your ride home.

Then Janeway makes Neelix the morale officer.

If everyone is busy despising Neelix, they won't be hating eachother. It's genius, really.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Powered Descent posted:

Know what else had a juggler? That holodeck program of the COLONY OF FREE SPIRITS that Lwaxana took Alexander to that one time so they could take mud baths.

It also featured this thing...

FREE SPIRITS, everyone!

i never did trust ralp

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'd have pegged Kes

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm only at season 4 but they addressed it a few times early.

"The 37s" where they run into Amelia Earhart and are too cheap to show the vast advanced cities they are talking about visiting the humans there ask them to stay on the planet and it's somehow a huge deal where everyone might decide to stay and Janeway orders everyone who wants off the ship to report to the cargo bay to say goodbye but nobody shows up.

Also that episode of the smooth talking down to gently caress people on a paradise planet tried to convince them all to stay but Torres stole their technology before anyone got to decide if they wanted to stay or not.

Basically that scene in Battlestar Galactica when adama tells everyone to stand to one side of the line, but 100x lamer.

So say we all.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If everyone is busy despising Neelix, they won't be hating eachother. It's genius, really.

Janeway is the Kurtz of the 24th century. Kim is Marlow.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Kim is Marlowe from The Long Goodbye

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

"Payback time," she says. In a swift movement she strips the impeding dress from her body so she is naked. But there is no time for Kathryn to admire the unfettered access, as Beverly is lying back on the bed, lifting Kathryn up and over her body with strong hands. Kathryn straddles Beverly's hips and she can feel the dampness of her own desire pooling and moistening the crotch of her panties. Beverly reaches up with slender fingers and touches her breasts, small breasts she used to wish were bigger, more womanly. That is until now, as the look in Beverly's eyes tells her they're perfect just the way they are. Kathryn leans forward, onto all fours so Beverly can reach up to taste. Her nipple puckers as the air touches it, as Beverly lifts her mouth from one to settle on the other.

Beverly's in no rush. Her mouth kisses and laves, her hands trace the outline of Kathryn's body, from shoulder to hip, touching lightly over her stomach, alone the line of the unflattering panties. Still, she doesn't touch Kathryn where she most wants to be touched, where she aches to be caressed. Her hair falls forward, brushing her face, clinging to her mouth, obscuring her view. She puffs impatiently and it drifts away. Now she can see Beverly, see her intent concentration as she kisses Kathryn's nipple.

She's waited long enough. She raises herself up, enough that she can lower the clinging panties. They pull tight over her spread thighs and she swings around, shucks them impatiently. She turns back to her lover and finds her watching, hunger in her eyes.

Beverly tugs Kathryn's hips, settling her back astride her body. But this time she's urging Kathryn up, until she's hovering over her face. Kathryn's thighs quiver - whether from anticipation or muscle tremors she doesn't know. But Beverly's intent is obvious and Kathryn will not move, not yet, maybe not ever. She grips the tubular headboard with both hands and waits.

Beverly's hands slide up Kathryn's thighs, around to cup her buttocks. And then she urges Kathryn forward, pulling her sex onto her mouth. A thrill runs through her, urgent and intense and she cries out with the unbelievable rightness of it. The first touch of Beverly's mouth sends shivers into her belly, making her thighs tremble as her focus leaves her body and the awkward position to concentrate in her sex. A kiss, an open mouthed kiss, on her most intimate part. Kathryn pants and her thighs shiver with sudden weakness. And then Beverly is there, her lips open on Kathryn's sex, and she's not leaving. She's working her up with mouth and tongue, and oh god, her teeth grazing lightly over Kathryn's clit, shocking her with the edge of pain. But it's right, oh so right, and Kathryn knows she won't last long. She's teetering on the edge of tumult, and her knuckles whiten on the bed head.

Just when she thinks she can't take any more, when her belly is so tight with anticipation she thinks she might snap, a finger pushes into her sex, one finger, sliding in deep, then another. It all comes to an intense point, so fine and shining and right, and Kathryn takes a gulping breath and then forgets to breathe again as the spasms start, the ripples of sensation widen and she thinks she might shatter, and fly apart into a billion tiny pieces, her atoms spiraling out of the window into the universe of stars.

Her legs sag, and Beverly shifts, coaxing Kathryn down so they're lying together. Beverly presses a kiss to Kathryn's forehead, her tongue lapping at the salty tracks of tears Kathryn didn't know she'd shed.

"My darling," says Beverly, and there's tenderness and satisfaction in her voice.

Kathryn embraces her, sliding closer, so she can slide a leg between Beverly's thighs. She rests her head on Beverly's shoulder, thinking in absent minded satisfaction how well they fit.

"Coffee," says Beverly. "And sesame bagels with cream cheese. Do you have tomatoes?"

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

I would ship them. I would ship them so hard.

I would ship them to the other side of the galaxy and never think about them again.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Hey I had to pause my first-time-Voyager binge viewing for a few weeks, but I'm back on track now, several episodes into season 2, which means I'm now viewing episodes for the very first time (I watched the first season or so when it aired 1st-run). I'll chime in with some more specific comments soon, but I have to say that so far, Janeway is a GOD. drat. IDIOT. I assume based on thread sentiment that doesn't change?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lincoln posted:

Hey I had to pause my first-time-Voyager binge viewing for a few weeks, but I'm back on track now, several episodes into season 2, which means I'm now viewing episodes for the very first time (I watched the first season or so when it aired 1st-run). I'll chime in with some more specific comments soon, but I have to say that so far, Janeway is a GOD. drat. IDIOT. I assume based on thread sentiment that doesn't change?

Wait til you see Janeway start getting downright sociopathic towards her own crew.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Personal log, Stardate 47391.2

I am returning from the bat'leth competition on Forcas III.

The conditions were difficult.

Several contenders were maimed.

One contender used an illegal t'gha maneuver on me.

The judges chose to ignore it.

I was robbed of my rightful standing. I was awarded Ninth Place.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Apollodorus posted:

Personal log, Stardate 47391.2

I am returning from the bat'leth competition on Forcas III.

The conditions were difficult.

Several contenders were maimed.

But I was triumphant...

I won "Champion Standing."

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
You returned us to our proper timeline!!!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait til you see Janeway start getting downright sociopathic towards her own crew.

Yeah really, I was posting about it earlier but one episode she is willing to let a crewman die over some idiotic forehead alien bylaw but the next episode she is phasering less advanced cultures because of a minor inconvenience.

"We can't just forget out principles because we are out of hailing range of the federation"

"Get out of our space! It's contested"
":smug: What are you going to do about it. You guys are terrible."

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

shadow puppet of a posted:

Gotta man up and take it if you want a chance to win some sweet klon peags.

i like that they explain that klon peags "have many uses" *waggles eyebrows*

and then they only show them bein used for playin pattycake while they gamble

then again quark is completely taken in by their gemstones for some reason like he can't just replicate hundreds whenever he wants behind the bar if he just borrows one for a few minutes to scan it in

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Germstore posted:

There's a bunch of theoretical aminoacids that could exist and the ones we use may basically be random. Could we eat an alien? Would the different animo acids gently caress us up?

it really depends on their chirality of their molecules

if they were the opposite chirality to what we have it would basically be like eating artificial sweetener but for everything including protein and vitamins and prolly give you a monster case of the squirts just like eating a buncha those sugar-alcohol gummibears

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
This one time when I had a really bad cold with a sore throat I ate like 4 packs of those halls cough candies

would it be like doing that, because I wouldn't recommend it

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if they were the opposite chirality to what we have it would basically be like eating artificial sweetener but for everything including protein and vitamins and prolly give you a monster case of the squirts just like eating a buncha those sugar-alcohol gummibears

Is any of this real things because when I get stoned and try to talk one of my friends down about how they don't know about molecule chirality I don't want to look stupid when they look it up.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Is this the same TNG comic guy who got a bunch of money to make a book and then went full on cuckoo-bananas?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

criscodisco posted:

Is any of this real things because when I get stoned and try to talk one of my friends down about how they don't know about molecule chirality I don't want to look stupid when they look it up.

You can buy left handed sugar today, its just incredibly expensive.

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/g5500?lang=en&region=US

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I didn't understand a goddamn thing in that page I might as well have loaded up weabo or whatever that Chinese social network is but it read like Voyager technobabble.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Watched the DS9 episode last night where Bashir and O'Brien are destroying that bioweapon and the aliens try to kill them then convince the DS9 crew that the two of them are dead. Pretty drat good. Quark's toast to them was classic Quark. He's my favorite character on the show at this point.

Also laughed at Keiko being 100% convinced O'Brien doesn't drink coffee in the afternoon which is what tipped her off that the vid had been altered when in fact O'Brien drinks coffee all drat day.

E: it was like a twist in the last 5 seconds of the show lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

criscodisco posted:

I didn't understand a goddamn thing in that page I might as well have loaded up weabo or whatever that Chinese social network is but it read like Voyager technobabble.

here just czech out the page on homochirality and how alien proteins might be structurally similar to what we use for artificial sweetener which would have similar results to eating these

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress stat trel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

NVJ posted:

gently caress stat trel

This is worse than they guy who goatse.cx'd the thread last week.