Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Garlic Parmesan chic sand.

Ask for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

hebrew nationals, kosher all-beef franks, are primo quality dogs but they make you poo poo a turd the size of a pringles can

thanks jews

Just lmao to anyone not able to pass (or receive) something the size of a Pringles can without enjoying it.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Frozen wings for sale. Never cooked.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

two forty posted:

Is this astroturfing for telechex or something? Unless you're paying rent or registering your car or something there is no use for checks. Unless you're broke and kiting them but of course it's not lovely people that do that lol just people who are poor right aswbm????

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HVpir5vSA78

I live in :australia: and have literally only ever seen 3 cheques in my entire life:
1. a $100,000 cheque my parents used to put a down payment on the house back in 1995
2. a $150 cheque I got in the mail for winning some competition back in 2003
3. a $300 cheque I was handed as payment for an assload of pizzas I delivered to some family reunion back in 2006

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Mentos Dan posted:

Sorry.

I think that albino looking pinto bean and corn bread customer in the pictures is Doobie's banker.

At least that's what I choose to believe.

He's the small-town bank manager, a pillar of the community with a strong sense of civic duty, showing support for a local business at it's new product launch, posing for pictures he hopes will never wind up on the internet.

Alabama bankers sure do dress down though.

I just noticed the ink stains on Mr. Wade's shirt. His grandkids need to buy him a pocket protector for Christmas, god bless. If he really is a banker then dressing down can be a good approach. Lots of customers find a sharp dresser threatening and judgmental.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Sharp dress can also be indicative of competency and professional conduct, which are also very intimidating to southerners.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

wayne curr posted:

I live in :australia: and have literally only ever seen 3 cheques in my entire life:
1. a $100,000 cheque my parents used to put a down payment on the house back in 1995
3. a $300 cheque I was handed as payment for an assload of pizzas I delivered to some family reunion back in 2006

i watched an old lady pay for her salad bar at whole foods with a check the other day, it was like $7

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i wrote cheques for rent, when i paid rent

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i wrote cheques for rent, when i paid rent

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I think the funniest thing about paying for hotdogs with checks is the fact that the idea of it was so outrageous even 30 years ago that a movie had an entire scene making fun of the notion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jPLeY_5V60

Pastry of the Year posted:

Garlic Parmesan chic sand.

Ask for it

With ket and must.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
I write cheques when it is the only payment allowed or if it is money to an old person who can't do anything online without step-by-step instructions, precisely because I feel like anyone receiving a cheque would make the reasonable assumption that I'm broke and trying to rip them off.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

why do you guys think it's cool to write "cheques" when it is a check.

I mean unless you live in Britain but I'm pretty sure most of you writing it that way don't. It doesn't make you look cool to write the word in British style hth

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

bradzilla posted:

I mean unless you live in Britain but I'm pretty sure most of you writing it that way don't. It doesn't make you look cool to write the word in British style hth

loving euros amirite?

or is it gyros? I forget.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Doobie probably won over a bunch of customers who were mad at Subway and Jack's for not taking checks. Some who are just old fashioned, some who would wait until their food had been served and they were about to leave to say "I need you to hold that check until next week, rent is due and we don't want them babies being cold". Running a business sucks.

The Twinkie Czar fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 11, 2016

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bradzilla posted:

idk thats how i was taught to spell it in like third grade

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I did a double take at the name :eyepop:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Those dogs look edible

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
you think the doob spent some of the goon monies on those sick rimz for his chevy C/K pickup?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

KennyLoggins posted:

you think the doob spent some of the goon monies on those sick rimz for his chevy C/K pickup?

He explicitly acknowledged that he did so.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
coke, in the bottle, you fuckman

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

wayne curr posted:

I bought weed with cheques a few times when i was younger. Too lazy to go to the bank

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

KennyLoggins posted:

Yes, he likely overstated the costs of many items (like the vent hood) so he could skim some sweet rimz money

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

King of Bees posted:

I wonder if he was ripping hella farts for three days after the bean and onion meal. I lay awake thinking about it most nights.

same

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Superdude255 posted:

Yes, he likely overstated the costs of many items (like the vent hood) so he could skim some sweet rimz money

Lol if you think any kind of bookkeeping took place anywhere in this beautiful endeavor

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

El_Elegante posted:

Lol if you think any kind of bookkeeping took place anywhere in this beautiful endeavor

Bama ain't exactly a bookreadin' state either.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
They do have some good universities and NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. When I saw that the 2000 census listed one person as "Some other race alone" I assumed it was an Asian doctoral student who knew nothing about Reform other than that the rent is a lot cheaper than Tuscaloosa.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

its me im the guy that poisoned auburns gay tree and bragged to paul feinbaum about it on air

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

its me im the guy that poisoned auburns gay tree and bragged to paul feinbaum about it on air

that dude named his kids crimson tyde and bear bryant lmbo

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
lemmee tell you what i did
i went down
to auburn alabama, cause i live 30 minutes away,
and i poisoned those drat toomer's trees.

frinbaum: heh, well that's fair.

roll drat tide

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

vols bitch

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
yeah how the gently caress did operation paperclip not turn Alabama into the moon base from Iron Skies

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

El_Elegante posted:

yeah how the gently caress did operation paperclip not turn Alabama into the moon base from Iron Skies

alabamas governor stood down the american govt and won for a long rear end time is how. wallaces dipshit wife even got elected when he ran out of terms allowed

not that im defending george wallace mind you, but the man did have an inordinate amount of power for what he was

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
if i was to name the three shittiest states i'd go mississippi, alabama, and south carolina in that order
south carolina only is in third because you can still smoke at waffle houses there

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

south carolinas alright

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
aha surely you jest
it's that big stupid piece of poo poo that makes the drive from north carolina (a good state) to atlanta longer

other than the smoking at waho i can't think of another redeeming quality, it's like an island of mississippi between ga and nc
the interstate speed limit is 5 mph slower and the roads are way shittier too

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i was born in charleston so that cofirms that nothing of value comes from sc

vols bitch

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i mean the greenville area is cool and charleston is a legit pretty cool town. i mean the state doesnt own but it certainly aint no mississippi, where there is literally nothing but oxford and tupulo. even alabama isnt the void that mississippi is. s carolina is a richer state than those 2 and kinda shows it

youre right about the roads though

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
really i assumed you were born and bred rutledge pike material. family tree like a telephone pole.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

no sir im straight from the heart as that pervert bill landry would say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

two forty posted:

really i assumed you were born and bred rutledge pike material. family tree like a telephone pole.

i have family from mascot :(

• Locked thread