Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Usually a few weeks before your certified time is scheduled to begin. If your certifying official didn't send your paperwork in when they were supposed to (at least 30 days out, up to 120 days max) then it might not arrive until ~whenever~. It will be a seperate deposit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Micro and A&P 1 in the same semester, about to loving ruin my 3.5. :getin:

Yeah that death spiral started for me when I had circuits & signals and differential equations/linear algebra and physics II all in the same semester.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

god drat it va can't you do anything right?

Hahahaha I had that poo poo happen to me last month, the dick of a thing. I can't even get angry any more because I just expect everything not to work. My school said to just fill it out, they can see it on their end (or something). I don't know whether it was a coincidence or something but less than a week after I filled out that poo poo and got a letter saying exactly what it needed to so maybe you will too.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.

Jarmak posted:

Yeah that death spiral started for me when I had circuits & signals and differential equations/linear algebra and physics II all in the same semester.

Well there's your problem: You should've taken physics 2 at the same time as analog circuits.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

KetTarma posted:

Well there's your problem: You should've taken physics 2 at the same time as analog circuits.

Circuits & Signals was probably the same thing as you're calling analog circuits.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Take all hard courses in the summer and flourish

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Take all hard courses in the summer and flourish

also winter break

seriously 100% worth it

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My English 101 class is all kinds of crazy. Over the course of this class I've learned my teacher is diabetic but doesn't believe in using insulin because it isn't natural. Furthermore she's way into alternative medicine and brings it up nearly every day. The nurses (actual licensed nurses, which isn't much better than nursing students) back up her crazy with all sorts of dumb anecdotal evidence. The teacher one day made a point about Type One and a Half Diabetes being a very real, very rare, and very dangerous health condition. There's an old guy who I think only takes classes to have someone to talk to that every day hijacks discussion to bring up inane poo poo. His crazy involves being sixty years old and still living with his mother, like Chevy Chase from community without the wealth or humor or being Chevy Chase. Today we had a brief discussion about chemtrails. Not in name, just the teacher pointing out the window in the general direction of a vapor trail and calling it, "All that poo poo in the air." Apparently the chemicals in the air make her sick every day and makes it so she can't breathe at night. There's more crazy if anyone wants to hear more about it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Insulin. Not natural. RNs agreeing.

:psyboom:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Ugh I'm really not looking forward to starting school in a few weeks. Like the process of learning and homework I'm fine with, its just all the drat people

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Insulin. Not natural. RNs agreeing.

:psyboom:

She's been hospitalized several times for nearly dying but still thinks she's in perfectly good health and that her way of dealing with diabetes is better than what "modern medicine" and the American Diabetes Association would have you believe.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
My old lady's aunt is a retired nurse who believes in the healing power of LED lights and crystals. As I've met more people working in the medical field my opinion of its practitioners has steadily declined. Corpsmen are loving retards

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

My English 101 class is all kinds of crazy. Over the course of this class I've learned my teacher is diabetic but doesn't believe in using insulin because it isn't natural. Furthermore she's way into alternative medicine and brings it up nearly every day. The nurses (actual licensed nurses, which isn't much better than nursing students) back up her crazy with all sorts of dumb anecdotal evidence. The teacher one day made a point about Type One and a Half Diabetes being a very real, very rare, and very dangerous health condition. There's an old guy who I think only takes classes to have someone to talk to that every day hijacks discussion to bring up inane poo poo. His crazy involves being sixty years old and still living with his mother, like Chevy Chase from community without the wealth or humor or being Chevy Chase. Today we had a brief discussion about chemtrails. Not in name, just the teacher pointing out the window in the general direction of a vapor trail and calling it, "All that poo poo in the air." Apparently the chemicals in the air make her sick every day and makes it so she can't breathe at night. There's more crazy if anyone wants to hear more about it.

Yes please more :allears:

I'm pretty sure I remember you being in Washington too, I'd ask what college but I don't want anyone being a weird loving goon and tracking you down or some poo poo.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

Yes please more :allears:

I'm pretty sure I remember you being in Washington too, I'd ask what college but I don't want anyone being a weird loving goon and tracking you down or some poo poo.

I don't mind saying it's a community college north of Seattle.

One portion of the class involved reading a book about food and health, because as a diabetic my teacher cares greatly about eating healthy. Not a big deal, right? Well, the book has a number of essays with titles like, "Monsanto's Harvest of Fear" and "Soy Imperialism". Of course, those are the essays that we read in the class. Predictably, they're also the source of a lot of continuing fear-mongering over GMOs, chemicals, toxins, and whether or not something is "natural". Hardly a day goes by now that we don't hear something about Monsanto being evil. As for the soy imperialism, well, there was a lot of correlation being causation that makes my teacher think that soy causes all kinds of diseases and impairs development. I'm still waiting to find out whether or not vaccines cause autism.

I have to dig through my chat log with my brother because there was a whole bunch of crazy yesterday that I want to get right.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea I know a girl who believed humans should eat based on their blood type. She is way into that crystal bullshit too.

She had a dope titty game.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yea I know a girl who believed humans should eat based on their blood type. She is way into that crystal bullshit too.

She had a dope titty game.

Best tits on anyone I've ever known believed in native american shamanistic bullshit and had wolf and celtic design tats.

Tits store crazy

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh god that girl. I tel you what she was also into.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cream pies.

She was into cream pies.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Frank's cream pies?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The ones Dennis likes.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Girls I started seeing a couple weeks ago has some great titties. Soon I'll found out how loving crazy she is I guess.

I'm only 2 percent away from an A in my algorithms class. Here's to hoping he scales the final grades by that much. ahaha

Who's taking what come fall?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm looking at grad school because I hate myself.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cream pies.

She was into cream pies.

Yeah, there's gotta be a nest of these somewhere that we can burn

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7stpw4UfAs&t=0m13s

e: real talk, I'm thinking about going for my masters

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 11, 2016

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

Who's taking what come fall?

My medical school started last week:

Biochemistry, Genetics, Histology/Micro-anatomy, Gross Anatomy, Physiology

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

For full hate yourselfness, take 2 grad courses in a single semester while working a full time job.

Never again.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

psydude posted:

For full hate yourselfness, take 2 grad courses in a single semester while working a full time job.

Never again.

No, for full hate yourselfness, stay full time and finish in the required two years while working full time.

(don't do that it's a bad idea)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You know what? I'm good with a bachelors for right now.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
it's really lovely that STEM stuff is basically grad school or bust, period

like for a fair amount of stuff okay fine, you do need that level of education

but goddamn

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

it's really lovely that STEM stuff is basically grad school or bust, period

like for a fair amount of stuff okay fine, you do need that level of education

but goddamn

Eh, that's not really the case. I know a bunch of guys with STEM bachelors that use their degrees and do pretty well. Most of them are contractors, electricians for building companies and tech writers, though

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

This Fall is my second-to-last semester for my bachelor's. Looking into grad school options, current top pick is UT Austin (if they'll take me).

This semester: Senior Design 1, Embedded Operating Systems, Embedded Computing, Signals and Systems, and Intro to Malware Reverse Engineering (for fun)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Eh, that's not really the case. I know a bunch of guys with STEM bachelors that use their degrees and do pretty well. Most of them are contractors, electricians for building companies and tech writers, though

yeah it was a bit of an overgeneralization but not by much

there's stuff you can do, but a lot of doors are closed till you get an MS+

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Vasudus posted:

How's the process for using voc rehab for grad school? I'll have six months of post-9/11 left after I graduate, would that mean I have 18 months?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, you won't see much over 60k without a Masters level right now. The most successful guy I know with a STEM Bachelors and nothing higher is a guy who owns his own used car lot, but to be fair he's used his statistics degree with some serious efficacy to make it work

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

MancXVI posted:

How's the process for using voc rehab for grad school? I'll have six months of post-9/11 left after I graduate, would that mean I have 18 months?

Voc Rehab is generally done by goal, rather than by months. I mean yeah they track it by months but it's not like that generally.

If you wanted to do grad school, you could apply for voc rehab, get on it (with the goal of grad school) and collect your Post 9/11 BAH for the whole duration. Once you graduate, you're spent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cream pies.

She was into cream pies.

I get my vasectomy next month. After that I don't give a fuuuuuuck (not like I give a gently caress now).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vasudus posted:

Voc Rehab is generally done by goal, rather than by months. I mean yeah they track it by months but it's not like that generally.

If you wanted to do grad school, you could apply for voc rehab, get on it (with the goal of grad school) and collect your Post 9/11 BAH for the whole duration. Once you graduate, you're spent.

You get two months extra of subsistence allowance after graduation. They also help with job placement.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yo

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Vasudus posted:

Mr. Nice! posted:

You get two months extra of subsistence allowance after graduation. They also help with job placement.

Sounds pretty solid, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tech Writer?

• Locked thread