Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
They buffed Transcendence precisely because it wasn't good though. Transcendence isn't even the part of Zen's kit that really merits further examination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think all they need to do to Transcendence us make it take slightly longer to get it. If your against a good Zenyatta, it's seems like they're doing it like every 30 seconds.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I would much rather they bump Zenyatta down to 175 total health than gently caress with discord.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Cowcaster posted:

I would much rather they bump Zenyatta down to 175 total health than gently caress with discord.

Discord is the way to go, 50% damage boost is always going to be broken unless Zenyatta goes back to being made of paper, and that wouldn't be fun for Zenyatta.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
All you people complaining about being bad ain't about That Life. This is what really being bad is about : https://www.twitch.tv/ironiccontent/v/83073613

(could use some constructive criticism, even from my bitter enemy Papercut) . Obviously "learn how to aim" is number one, and "don't trickle is two" and "kill some stuff if you're playing Lucio" is three but what else is super blatantly bad?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I would also accept "make discord break instantly on line of sight loss". People have a way of actively removing it, Zenyatta has to risk maintaining line of sight to make it work.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Reduce discord to 30%, but increase his base damage to 50 per orb and let others see the hud indicator. :getin:

This turns Zenyatta into a shield breaker and makes it significantly easier for his teammates to go after discorded targets.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Jastiger posted:

Verranicus when you were silenced did group chat still work for you?

It doesn't.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Come to think of it I think teammates not seeing the hud indicator is a holdover from the days when discord was permanent, and therefore would function as a wallhack for the entire team if it were allowed.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

Discord constricts design space forever though. Every single thing they ever think about changing or adding has to be evaluated in the context of "will Discord break this." I feel like dialing back the boost is inevitable.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

orb man is not a Sniper class character so he cant have a wallhack

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cowcaster posted:

I would also accept "make discord break instantly on line of sight loss". People have a way of actively removing it, Zenyatta has to risk maintaining line of sight to make it work.

I advocated this very thing. Break immediately upon los loss and reduce the damage it does. Or tie it to max hp of the hero.

Thats too bad about the chat ban. I sent in an appeal but i doubt they will reverse it. Thats some bullshit

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Give discord a 2 second cooldown

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

replace zenyatta with a discord orb you pilot around and attach to enemy players

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Once again: the MMR system is broken. 55-59 is filled with these matches:

Everyone is exploiting the rank system to get 65+ players into lower matches where they Mcreeminate.

gently caress you blizzard.

Edit: Those aren't real lvl 50s, they're twink accounts that purposely tank their ranks for their friends.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Thor-Stryker posted:

Edit: Those aren't real lvl 50s, they're twink accounts that purposely tank their ranks for their friends.

How do you know that?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

Everyone is exploiting the rank system to get 65+ players into lower matches where they Mcreeminate.

it goes by average team rank. I've been the only 70+ dude in a game with high 50s before because I was playing with a group with low rank dudes

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

NmareBfly posted:

How do you know that?

Because they stomped us?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that doesn't actually mean anything dude

they were just better that game. maybe it was the team comp; maybe your dudes were having a bad game. it happens

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Manatee Cannon posted:

that doesn't actually mean anything dude

they were just better that game. maybe it was the team comp; maybe your dudes were having a bad game. it happens

looking at that lineup i'm gonna go out on a limb and say yeah, it almost certainly was team comp

"guys we just lost a game where we had no healers, two defense heroes, and only one pseudo-tank. our opponents must be smurfing!"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Thor-Stryker posted:

Because they stomped us?

That's more basic coordination and having two stacks against a bunch of solo queuers. I doubt they were "tanking" to get stomps, especially because 50 is not really "tanking" and low-60s isn't exacly Seagull levels of carry.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah, sometimes even games between perfectly-matched teams will be stomps one way or another. Partially because that's how snowballing ults can work even with no real deliberate coordination.

E: Not saying that WAS a perfect match, just that 'we got stomped' isn't an indicator one way or another with a sample size of one game.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 12, 2016

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
When the other team has an ace player like that you just have to jump them multiple times with multiple people, especially if they're playing McCree. Just take Winston and D.va and repeatedly slam directly into them over and over again to take them out of the match.

You have to do this to win in the 70+ games where the other team gets professional players like the Envyus guys on the other team.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

looking at that lineup i'm gonna go out on a limb and say yeah, it almost certainly was team comp

"guys we just lost a game where we had no healers, two defense heroes, and only one pseudo-tank. our opponents must be smurfing!"

lol I didn't even look tbh

yea the team with zen/lucio is gonna beat the team where the only person capable of healing the team is soldier 76

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I took that during a switch up, we regained two healers after that. It wasn't team composition because we made it to the last point, we just went up against a wall where our 50 was acting like fodder while theirs was dominating using Pharah/Hog in the latter half of the match. I just came out of two more matches where people were rank exploiting on my team (And you can guess who won that.)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
One thing that's aggravating about playing quick matches is people are even dumber about who they pick. A team with no healers or tanks and two junk rats? Sure why not also pick junk rat. Also if someone else is Symmetra, you do not need to pick Symmetra. Unless you are closely coordinating done sort if web of death, there is no use for a second Symmetra

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Earlier this evening at level 8 I was placed into a quickplay on a team with five players level 60+ against a team of levels 50-80.

I don't think I actually managed to do a single thing. It was very humbling.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Earlier this evening at level 8 I was placed into a quickplay on a team with five players level 60+ against a team of levels 50-80.

I don't think I actually managed to do a single thing. It was very humbling.

I did a match earlier today where I was playing Mercy and I think literally every time everyone died before I could get to them leaving me alone and then I would die because I was just in the middle the enemy alone and it would repeat. I've never been shut out that badly as Mercy before

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Thor-Stryker posted:

Dude everyone on your team is almost 60... The "carry" is like within the margin of error of you guys.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Thor-Stryker posted:

How exactly would you want Blizzard to be able to distinguish between 'real' and 'twink' accounts

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ficking chat silence effectively blocks you from playing competative. This is garbage.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

TviQue stream is saying that all comp servers are 60 tick now. Was there a stealth patch?

pakman fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 12, 2016

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I'll tell you what the last thing I would call schlepping my low ranked friends into a harder game would be abusing the system. My sanity maybe is getting abused.

Also if he got there only by using "twinks" his skill level would not actually be 65 and so he shouldn't be better than you guys.

flashman fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 12, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Last night I played a game where no one communicated myself included and it ended with a loss and many angry compet players. Two idiots all like I have 3-4 golds what the gently caress did you guys do.

Next game has all of my team in voice chat complimenting and calling things out. Alerting others to when we had ults.

We slammed enemy team 3-0 and all left going hey guys great game thanks that was really nice :)

Don't even type ever if people aren't in team voice then just do your best but don't say poo poo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also I'm p sure I'm just going to play Roadhog until I'm dead

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The twink account thing is real, today I went up against a team with a three man group of two 60+s and a 29.

I do not think grouping up in competitive should be allowed for people more than 10 ranks apart. If you want to play with your friends and have a large skill disparity between you then go to quick play.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nah that's lame, I shouldn't be barred from playing with my friends because you had one bad game

like yea it sucks that someone tanked their rank to be dicks to people that aren't good, but that's gonna happen either way

e: tho really, wouldn't that be like rank 50ish average for the 3 of them? that's not even that big a difference

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

verbal enema posted:

Also I'm p sure I'm just going to play Roadhog until I'm dead

Same but Genji

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

nah that's lame, I shouldn't be barred from playing with my friends because you had one bad game

like yea it sucks that someone tanked their rank to be dicks to people that aren't good, but that's gonna happen either way

e: tho really, wouldn't that be like rank 50ish average for the 3 of them? that's not even that big a difference

I disagree there, 30 to 60 is a pretty big gap for comp if you take a gander at the bell curve. If it ends up putting mid-40s against those guys, bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The average of 60 60 30 is 50. If these people are using the technique to raise their rank then the 60s are not really even 60s so the difference is even less.