Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I can't find the thread but when that huge fat guy that worked at Giant Bomb died there was a pretty funny meltdown thread where people were losing their poo poo over people making fat jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
When goons were falling all over themselves to accept creepy rapist Dan Lirette was one of the times SA turned into its own trainwreck.

Foe those of you playing along at home, Lirette was the father of the frogbaby, the anacephalic little girl who eventually died. He tried to make himself out to be a good guy, and some goons fell hard for it. In reality he seduced/raped a young woman, and then denied he was the father of her severely handicapped child. He eventually fessed up, but not until after a lot of drama.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I don't remember it happening like that at all, Dan was a scumbag through and through and we all knew it pretty early on, the whole reason he reg'd was to defend himself wasn't it?

He tried to "roll with the punches" and some goons thought he was okay in that weird GBS hivemind way but he was always a known shithead, someone back me up here. I don't think I had even registered at that point but I followed most of the weirder threads like that.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

was that retarded 'cool' preacher that knocked up a member of his youth group or whatever and the baby came out retarded?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

was that retarded 'cool' preacher that knocked up a member of his youth group or whatever and the baby came out retarded?

Yes, so I'm 99% sure nobody thought he was anything but a jackass from square 1.

vibe alive
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Volume posted:

I do not, please inform me.

Who was that gross goon in E/N who never showered and ate their own hair? Username started with a B i'm sure.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3028383

It was some of my favorite writing on the forums and was one of the threads that made me get an account.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

that dude who begged for money cuz he was a black dude trapped in a white persons body or some poo poo
then he bought fancy pants

I wanna say paradol ex, but I think he just talked about wrestling a lot

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
drat i want money for fancy pants

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

they weren't even nice pants, like pre-ripped jeans or the ones with the stains already on them
really clashed with his third world maoist principles

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

vols bitch posted:

drat i want money for fancy pants

be black gay and muslim and goons will hook you up from their crippling white guilt

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
King ReOL until the end.

microwave casserole
Jul 5, 2005

my god, what are you doing
Who was the guy who posted mundane stories that swerved into insanity at the last second? The one I remember most was about him meeting, then ejaculating all over Harrison Ford. ...Hakan?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

microwave casserole posted:

Who was the guy who posted mundane stories that swerved into insanity at the last second? The one I remember most was about him meeting, then ejaculating all over Harrison Ford. ...Hakan?

Hakan or Hakkan sounds right. I'd always just read the op without noticing who posted it, then it would veer off to some crazy poo poo. God drat it, hakkannned again

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

SnowblindFatal posted:

King ReOL until the end.

I lost track... what phase did he finally stop coming back promising "Phase ___ is coming soon!"

Each phase was supposed to be the one that would end SA forever.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Hakan or Hakkan sounds right. I'd always just read the op without noticing who posted it, then it would veer off to some crazy poo poo. God drat it, hakkannned again

This but with 50 Foot Ant. I remember reading one of his stories about his wife being a nurse/battle medic in the middle east. It was one of the saddest things I had read and about half way through I scrolled up, saw I was reading a 50 foot ant story and breathe a sigh of relief that it wasn't real.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
didnt King ReOL end up reviewing elevators on youtube?

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

is this him?

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

jfood posted:

that dude who begged for money cuz he was a black dude trapped in a white persons body or some poo poo
then he bought fancy pants

I wanna say paradol ex, but I think he just talked about wrestling a lot

also there's sedanchair where half his posts in dnd was about how he was black and that gave him authority to talk about race

then he posted a picture of his white as hell hands holding a pistol in tfr

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Someone please tell me I'm not crazy for remembering this. Wasn't there an e/n thread of a guy asking for relationship advice because he changed the shower head to something different and was confused when this girlfriend insisted he changed it back? I swear the thread was telling him she was masturbating with the showerhead and he should just change it back but he was being weird about it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Wedemeyer posted:

Someone please tell me I'm not crazy for remembering this. Wasn't there an e/n thread of a guy asking for relationship advice because he changed the shower head to something different and was confused when this girlfriend insisted he changed it back? I swear the thread was telling him she was masturbating with the showerhead and he should just change it back but he was being weird about it.

that sounds familiar but also sounds like a sitcom plot

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

sedanchair is a cracker rear end God save the queen honky

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

and its a testament to how awful dnd is that he and effectronica are still allowed to post. that forum is legit the loving worst and the mods should be ashamed

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wedemeyer posted:

Theres a few E/N threads that I and only I seem to remember so I feel your pain. I could have sworn there was an E/N thread where some dude posted that he was worried because he couldn't contact his girlfriend. And so goons told him to contact her family but he didn't know who her family was. So goons said contact her friends. He didn't know who her friends were. So goons said to contact the police but he didn't even know where she lived. So goons asked if he was sure they were even in a relationship and he was all "of course she's my girlfriend. She begged me over aim to date her."

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

and its a testament to how awful dnd is that he and effectronica are still allowed to post. that forum is legit the loving worst and the mods should be ashamed
sedan chair perfectly encapsulates why dnd is so bad. also: no, your racist!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Xaris posted:

also: no, your racist!

no, you are!

we'd fit into dnd perfectly, you and i

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

It's a containment board so that idiot poo poo doesn't spill out into our hallowed gbs

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

various cheeses posted:

It's a containment board so that idiot poo poo doesn't spill out into our hallowed gbs

aye

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Someone mentioned "Solve the Mystery of the Internet Whore" which spawned :master:

My personal favorite was called "The Storie(sic) About How My Grandfather Killed the Bears" 10-years-ago me was crying reading those dumbass stories. I highly doubt they hold up, but I remember someone compiled all the posts into a word doc. If I remember, I'll hunt it down when I get home from work.

I have that doc here https://goo.gl/gQcpDx

I'm gonna read it and see if its still any good 10 years later.

Introduction

On September 20, 2006, a new member of the Something Awful forums, Axman666, posted a thread titled “The storie of how my grandfather destroyed the bears!” Reaction to the initial post was enthusiastic, and goons encouraged him to write more. Little did they realize the writing force that they were about to unleash.

In a sense, there is no proper way to introduce what follows. Described as “the best thing since To Kill a Mockingbird,” this compilation describes an epic tale of four amazing badasses conceived on the spot by a young man, who, according to his own words, “i would like to thank the pills that doc gave me for tasting like strawberrys and melting in my mouth.”

Resdfru has a new favorite as of 06:02 on Aug 12, 2016

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the holocaust

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

Resdfru posted:

I have that doc here https://goo.gl/gQcpDx

I'm gonna read it and see if its still any good 10 years later.

For some reason I cant read this without hearing Pschedelic Eyeball.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I don't remember much of the details, but what happened to the guy who refused to leave Singapore, even after police raided his house for drugs and he lost all of his money.

He would also talk about all the women he was dating over there.

Jubs has a new favorite as of 08:00 on Aug 12, 2016

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

That's a nice way to put it, the baby did not even have a proper brain.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rambling Robot posted:

That's a nice way to put it, the baby did not even have a proper brain.

so what's their byob username

astronautism
Oct 3, 2002
TWAS ALL FOR BONERS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Wedemeyer posted:

The goon got obsessed with switching his normal showerhead with one (from Skymall or something) that automatically sprayed you with a soap/water mix. It had a little vessel to hold liquid soap and it mixed in with the water stream, I think. Anyway he acted like he saw this rad product and asked his girlfriend, and she dismissed the idea, and he was just looking for goon opinions. But he'd actually just gone ahead and bought and installed it and was waiting for the girlfriend to get home from work or something.

It may have been a troll because IIRC the OP was fixated on this showerhead, and was aghast that anyone would not want this.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
This is maybe not quite a "saga", but it is one of my fonder SA memories. Some goon found this site online that would generate video game names using some preset nouns and adjectives, and goons would photoshop the cover art for the pretend game. One of the ones created was Incomprehensible Grizzly Bear Mansion along with a good 'shop, but then it was taken to the next level when GBS mod Gravy Jones started a new thread all about this fake Incomprehensible Grizzly Bear series.

Threads were in 09 so there's a bunch of lost images, but fortunately there's a Photoshop Phriday article that has preserved a lot of the better entries here.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Yes and yes.

About a decade ago I used to post on a Doom forum where ReOL posted (had no idea of the SA connection then). Holy moly he posted those political grandpa chain mails as threads every day.

It was actually enlightening to read about him here after the fact and everything suddenly made sense. I wish I had known about his adventures here when the Doom forums were still going because goddamn the fun would've never died.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuC9yK4CqhU

LMAO he's still at it. Elevators and trains. What motivates this man?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
if anything its surprising he wasn't obsessively rating trains first instead of elevators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I remember running into a bunch of cool stories when I first joined SA.

The two I remember the most are Evil Agita writing an awesome saga about falling for a girl in a wheelchair.

The other was Moonshine writing about living the American dream because the company he worked for gave his job to other people but forgot to fire him, leaving him to do nothing but chill out in his office all day, pretending to work.