Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Someone should probably tell them that eve is a terrible game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

EVE a good game.

:laffo:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
kim please dont troll us, i know its easy but have mercy :negative:

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
kimsemus you should try to send them an apology email in an effort to get unbanned because this game is really pretty fun

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Does harvesting still consist of summoning your mount, taking a quarter of a step to the tree that was right next to you, dismissing your mount, chopping a tree, summoning your mount, taking a quarter of a step, dismissing your mount, chopping a tree...?

Or more often than not chopping a tree/harvesting a rock/hitting a rabbit instead of attacking the skeleton beating on your face?

Come As You SARS
Jul 27, 2015

SumYungGui posted:

Does harvesting still consist of summoning your mount, taking a quarter of a step to the tree that was right next to you, dismissing your mount, chopping a tree, summoning your mount, taking a quarter of a step, dismissing your mount, chopping a tree...?

Or more often than not chopping a tree/harvesting a rock/hitting a rabbit instead of attacking the skeleton beating on your face?

Yes, but somehow I have been hitting less frogs/rabbits than normal. Maybe i got good?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I like everything about EVE except actually playing it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Suxpool posted:

kimsemus you should try to send them an apology email in an effort to get unbanned because this game is really pretty fun

"Dear :si: and Bercilak,

I am sorry your incompetent forum staff and grossly ill informed developers take it personally when someone else points out their obvious mistakes.

I am sorry that you banned my account for RMTing when I tried to switch from my company email to my private email, both with my real names that are identical. I guess that's the best way to solve a problem.

I am sorry that no one is going to play your game and you could never quite figure out what direction you wanted to go or how to effectively plan and execute a game development cycle.

Sincerely,

Kim"

I guess now I'll just wait until my account is turned back on. :toot:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

nice meltdown

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i thought they banned you cause you insulted korn when they asked you to stop. a game ban is extreme but im p sure thats how it went down :toot:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Ruggan posted:

nice meltdown

please stop white knighting si

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

please stop white knighting si

please stop black knighting si

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Please stop Green Knighting SI

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

i thought they banned you cause you insulted korn when they asked you to stop. a game ban is extreme but im p sure thats how it went down :toot:

Pretty sure he got forumed banned from that but then got game banned with the email change while preparing to sell his account.

Also Korn is loving dumb.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

lol if thats true

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

BadLlama posted:

Pretty sure he got forumed banned from that but then got game banned with the email change while preparing to sell his account.

Also Korn is loving dumb.

I thought this is what happened too

Also, glad to hear you guys are having fun. Will have to check it out again when I get some free time.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The game still has some ups and downs that need to be worked out. But it's actually better now and I'm somewhat excited about release.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I hope Kim sent that letter.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Hopped on this cause I'm bored and don't have the time to sink into a real MMO anymore. Is there a goon guild running right now or does this game just stink?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Dr. Remulak posted:

Hopped on this cause I'm bored and don't have the time to sink into a real MMO anymore. Is there a goon guild running right now or does this game just stink?

some of a, some of b

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

last night, me, forge, oatmeal and KK speced into t4 claymore with oatmeal on the curse staff. we flagged up and ganked a bunch of dudes. it was fun

fun was had. if you would like to join us, inquire in the discord. also Dr. Remulak, apologies for giving you poo poo in the discord voice. i just hadnt seen your name before, friend. :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some of us (Forge, Blazing & myself) ended up joining BAKA because they are basically doing what we were trying to do in red zones but in the black zones and it is a lot of fun.

Plus it gets pubbies mad.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

fun was had. if you would like to join us, inquire in the discord. also Dr. Remulak, apologies for giving you poo poo in the discord voice. i just hadnt seen your name before, friend. :)

No problem man, I was scrolling through the thread and saw the discord info so jumped on to see what was up before I posted anything. Quickly realized I didn't have a mic at home and couldn't respond so figured I'd get back on later.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ruggan posted:

nice meltdown

thanks bby

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I for one am glad fun is being had. Keep having fun goons!

(I'm having a ton of fun not playing this, also)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FireWhizzle posted:

this really makes me think about stuff...

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

I for one am glad fun is being had. Keep having fun goons!

cya at release

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Latest and greatest..
In structured fights (such as 5v5 GvG), while the power difference per tier is quite low at 9%, the effect on the outcome of the fight is often significant. Therefore, we are looking into making the top end item power curve flatter than it currently is - either globally, or just for 5v5 fights such as GvG and Hell Gates.

It took 3 years to listen, but they are..

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only 3 more years for them to fix the broken invuln timer exploit.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Unfunny Poster posted:

Only 3 more years for them to fix the broken invuln timer exploit.

I thought this was explained as a 'cool' feature.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2DCAT posted:

I thought this was explained as a 'cool' feature.

I heard it was needed to make the PVPers "git gud"

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
so this game looks like an Ultima Online reboot.. What's the bad?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well there's in-game player mods who have been known to ban/mute your account because you disturbed their precious safespace.

And by disturbed they mean you played the game and PVP'd them.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

When did that happen? Recently?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruggan posted:

When did that happen? Recently?

Ask the BAKA guys, they've had issues with that.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well there's in-game player mods who have been known to ban/mute your account because you disturbed their precious safespace.

And by disturbed they mean you played the game and PVP'd them.

*walks into thread*

"Hey has the game impro-"

*spins and heelies out sipping tea*

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

What if we combined all the mediocre and dying sandbox MMOs into an MMO mega server

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

TipsyMcStagger posted:

so this game looks like an Ultima Online reboot.. What's the bad?

It is nothing like UO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Remb posted:

What if we combined all the mediocre and dying sandbox MMOs into an MMO mega server

we'd have enough players to fill a battlefield 3 server

• Locked thread