Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

CitizenKain posted:

Its a neat place if you find yourself in Oregon for some reason, it is also the museum with the Spruce Goose if you want to see what sort of a plane a madman can make.

:smugdog:

Agrajag posted:

I just can not play the Jagdtiger well. In the JP2 I can have such a huge influence on the matches I'm in, but in the Jagdtiger I feel so helpless. Any of you have tips on playing this giant slow thing?

Step 1: Point TD at enemy tanks and bounce their shells off your frontal armor.
Step 2: Hold W.
Step 3: Click LMB with your huge fuckoff gun.
Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3.

If I can do the above with the T95 and manage like a 70% winrate you can do it in the JT.

If credits are the issue then just alternate JT and Type 59 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Agrajag posted:

I just can not play the Jagdtiger well. In the JP2 I can have such a huge influence on the matches I'm in, but in the Jagdtiger I feel so helpless. Any of you have tips on playing this giant slow thing?

Do you have the top boomstick yet? In my experience, it massively changed the way the enemy reacts to you. Until I had it unlocked, I'd face much more aggressive opposition.
I'm assuming that the buff to the Jagdtiger (and 88?) should also improve the way you can play it, but I haven't been on my EU account since the buff.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
The casemate armor is great use that to bounce shots, your upper front plate, hide that.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Do you have the top boomstick yet? In my experience, it massively changed the way the enemy reacts to you. Until I had it unlocked, I'd face much more aggressive opposition.
I'm assuming that the buff to the Jagdtiger (and 88?) should also improve the way you can play it, but I haven't been on my EU account since the buff.

yeah that may be it i dont have the top gun or the tracks.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mind you, I'm not sure why i experienced that effect, the stock gun already put out decent dpm at reasonable penetration iirc. The top gun just turns it up another solid notch, with something under a 10-second reload on that gun for my 4-skill-crew, straight-stupid dpm.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

yeah that may be it i dont have the top gun or the tracks.

The answer to "why isn't this tank as good as I thought it would be?" is usually "get the top gun"/"use free xp"/"it's much better when elited."

The JT's top gun in particular is better in every way and you're wondering why it's not working for you stock.... :rolleyes:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm getting the impression that the Object 416 is the most expensive-to-operate Tier8 I've ever played.

Wargaming actually commented on this in a Q&A - it's because it has a tier 9 gun, the T-54's gun. Balancing tanks by expenditures is really stupid.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Wargaming actually commented on this in a Q&A - it's because it has a tier 9 gun, the T-54's gun. Balancing tanks by expenditures is really stupid.

I was going to mention this. It uses the same shells, so obviously they cost the same, so that explain why it costs exactly as much as it does to shoot. Then again, 1300 creds is a lot for a 100 mm shell, generally that's what you'd expect to pay for 120 mm shells.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Atomizer posted:

The answer to "why isn't this tank as good as I thought it would be?" is usually "get the top gun"/"use free xp"/"it's much better when elited."

The JT's top gun in particular is better in every way and you're wondering why it's not working for you stock.... :rolleyes:

See, here's the thing, when I play the JP2 even in T10 games I can do pretty well, but when I'm in the Jagdtiger with the same exact gun and faster reload I get my poo poo pushed in.

For some reason I don't get focused in the JP2 but it feels that whenever people see me in the Jagdtiger they ignore everyone else.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 10, 2016

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Agrajag posted:

See, here's the thing, when I play the JP2 even in T10 games I can do pretty well, but when I'm in the Jagdtiger with the same exact gun and faster reload I get my poo poo pushed in.

For some reason I don't get focused in the JP2 but it feels that whenever people see me in the Jagdtiger they ignore everyone else.

Probably helps the JP2 doesn't get spotted quite as quick, and people know that leaving a JT around is a super bad idea. Plus the JT is just a bigger target, and for many people that is all that matters.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

The regular JTiger armor is worse than the JT88's armor because reasons. The JTiger has comically bad armor, but has 2100 HP and one of the best guns, so just get used to trading shots. If you average 2500 damage in a game, 5 shots and get shot 5 times, you're contributing, and that doesn't seem especially hard.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

Sorry if I came off as more sarcastic before. With the additional information you've shared I can offer more insightful suggestions on your scenario.

Part of it might be that some players recognize you don't have the top gun and think you're a weak target, albeit less of a threat. That'd be odd though, since despite any weak spots the JT is still a tougher target than say, a Waffle-4 from the same tier. The rest of the answer probably lies in positioning & matchups (i.e. where you are on the map and what teammates surround you); if you're overmatched then it's going to seem like you're being focused (when there simply aren't many other targets for them to choose) and if you're surrounded by tier 10s and T95s then yes, you probably would represent the squishiest target. These are things I can only speculate on without seeing the matches.

The other part is that the JP2 is quite a bit more mobile than the JT; you're going to be used to playing the former in ways you can't play a slower TD, and this may be causing your struggles. The JT is more like a buffed Ferdi, so if you didn't go down that line then you have to make the adjustment. The JP2 (which can get bounces, but in which you're generally going to want to avoid being shot at) can potentially go with the MTs, whereas the Ferdi/JT either have to head for a corridor or follow/lead the HTs.

But yeah, in the absence of arty, you should be making your JT visible (albeit hull-down) to draw fire from your squishier teammates, and the top gun will hit even harder when you get it. I don't know if it's absolutely mandatory to free XP the top gun, but you'll definitely notice it, kind of like with the US tier 9 TDs and the 120 vs 155.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Okay, Wargaming broke mods even more now:

quote:

After the release of the micro-update, the client will change the main folder for game modifications in order to avoid technical problems, making third-party modifications for 9.15.1 temporarily nonfunctional. We strongly recommend refraining from installing mods before they're updated and adapted to the current version of the client.

Surprise patch too so zero time for modders to actually prepare for it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Zettace posted:

Surprise patch too so zero time for modders to actually prepare for it.

Come on, you're just being unfair to Wargaming here. They announced it on the 10th, the patch is the 11th. Modders have almost a whole day to fix everything!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Mods were just getting sorted and they break them all again, I can't wait for the next patch in a few days that breaks everything again.

edit: you can fix most mods by renaming the folder in res_mods from 0.9.15.1 to 0.9.15.1.1.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Wow, the NA version of the Anniversary Special is pretty much proof-positive that they're just done caring about bleeding every penny from Yankee Capitalist Pigs and their Canadian slaves.

I'm surprised they're even giving us [access to] the T-45.

EDIT: Fixed to satisfy Hellsau.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 11, 2016

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Wow, the NA version of the Anniversary Special is pretty much proof-positive that they're just done caring about bleeding every penny from Yankee Capitalist Pigs and their Canadian slaves.

I'm surprised they're even giving us the T-45.

Yeah I some sales on tanks (preferably high tier tanks) would have been nice, but I was really hoping for 50% off of consumables. I need to stock up on food.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm surprised they're even giving us the T-45.

They aren't. It's a 3x weekend and you need to win a battle. That can be difficult on a 3x weekend.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
What, no tank discounts? Considering there's no On Track events this month, I would have thought they were going to discount tanks.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
Had an amazing match earlier with my M44. Got my first Kolobanovs and Stark medals plus an Ace Tanker as I carried the team to victory.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2870297#airfield-ackbarre-m44

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm surprised they're even giving us [access to] the T-45.

EDIT: Fixed to satisfy Hellsau.

Oh wow, I hope the T-45's good. The T-43 was mediocre but I liked the T-44. :shobon:

:thejoke:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Oh wow, I hope the T-45's good. The T-43 was mediocre but I liked the T-44. :shobon:

:thejoke:

To be honest, none of them are as good as the T-46. I love that little lovely machine gun so much. BAP BAP, BAP BAP BAP.

e: ugh, I loving login to World of Tanks to get my top 3 XP game and this happens:

Total bullshit game - we had 2 tanks go west on Serene Coast south, me and a 704, so I tell him to just back off and we can fight from a distance. A KV-4 on the other side says "just defend" so I'm like yeah, I guess we should. Turns out that KV-4 was giving advice to the 10 tanks we had in east - the enemy just pushed in, killed our teammates 1 by 1, and we lost insanely easily.

so obviously i got second in xp and now i'm done

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 12, 2016

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
WTF is wrong with people in this game? Last night I played maybe five games after being away for about a month. I had two different pubbies (both teammates) write me to talk poo poo after the fact in separate games.

I played significantly better than either of them in both games and finished in top 3 xp. Also, we won both games!

(Granted, I did TK the first dude, but he loving zoomed right in front of an enemy KV2 that myself and two other people were actively shooting. So, gently caress his stupid rear end.)

edit: The second guy just wrote me and said, "54% lol." I assume referring to my mediocre win rate? Anyway, I looked him up and he has a sub-51% WR and like 300 avg xp per game after 30k+ games. So... ???

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 12, 2016

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

M.C. McMic posted:

WTF is wrong with people in this game? Last night I played maybe five games after being away for about a month. I had two different pubbies (both teammates) write me to talk poo poo after the fact in separate games.

I played significantly better than either of them in both games and finished in top 3 xp. Also, we won both games!

(Granted, I did TK the first dude, but he loving zoomed right in front of an enemy KV2 that myself and two other people were actively shooting. So, gently caress his stupid rear end.)

edit: The second guy just wrote me and said, "54% lol." I assume referring to my mediocre win rate? Anyway, I looked him up and he has a sub-51% WR and like 300 avg xp per game after 30k+ games. So... ???

Do not look for logic in the words of the pubbies. That way madness lies...

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

M.C. McMic posted:

A 54% winrate is hardly mediocre , it probably puts you in the top 10% of players.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

A 54% winrate is hardly mediocre , it probably puts you in the top 10% of players.

More like top 5%.

Edit: Top 5% was everyone above 52% back in 2014.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 12, 2016

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

McGavin posted:

More like top 5%.

Seriously? Hmm. Anyway, my WR has been steadily declining for a while now. I generally play solo like once a month on a standard account, and I play mostly tier 8 premiums just to squeeze out some credits.

But anyway... you can't just randomly write some dude on your own team and make fun of his stats if they're significantly better than your own. What in the hell.

He went on to accuse me of being a stat padder. So, I pointed out that he has 30k+ games, most of which are in seal clubbing tanks at tiers 2-5. Then he stopped talking to me. :psyduck:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Logged in, select the KV-220, top tier on Windstorm, deal 1k damage with 4 kills, and win. Receive T-45. Log out. Happy with that.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

M.C. McMic posted:

Your response should've been "<51% lol" and left it at that.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

More like top 5%.

Well Mine is 54.54 and according to their stat page that is better than 95.99% of players so yeah top 5% seems accurate.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The loving JgPzIV is loving awful. That is all.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The loving JgPzIV is loving awful. That is all.

Somehow it makes the short 88 bad at tier six, when I'm perfectly happy using that gun at tier seven.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
How not worth it is the PANTHER/M10?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

It's probably not the worst tank, but I don't remember the last time I saw one doing particularly well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only time the Warcrime Panther has been worth it was when they had Historical Battles going.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hellsau posted:

Somehow it makes the short 88 bad at tier six, when I'm perfectly happy using that gun at tier seven.

It's magic. My damage numbers in it are fantastic compared to the other tier 6 TDs I have played, but my winrate in it is apocalyptic because I feel wholly reliant on my teams in a way I didn't quite feel in say...the SU-100.

InfiniteNoodles
Jul 9, 2008
How is the M41 90 GF for credit earning? I have a Type 59, but I thought it might be fun to change it up with a light. Is it worth picking up?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Read on Status Report that there's a bunch of new stat changes on the supertest; among them a Luchs nerf. They're increasing its reload time and aim time with both the fart gun and the 5cm.

If this goes live I swear to every god and demon who will hear me I'm gonna loving burn their offices to the ground

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

On my EU account, my impression has been that the Warcrime Panther is serviceable with a whole bunch of gold, since you break even, but it's a terrible tank to earn credits on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Szcwczuk posted:

How not worth it is the PANTHER/M10?

So the E-25 and the Warcrime Panther have the same gun and get the same preferential tier 7 matchmaking. The Warcrime Panther is sluggish, giant and armorless, the E-25 is fast, tiny and armorless. The Panther has 1870 DPM, the E-25 has 2800.

The Panther/M10 is trash.