Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Two parter coming up.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I had forgotten how much I didn't care about Cinderella. Kinda like the opposite of Harvest.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hogama posted:

Two parter coming up.

yes yesssss

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
roll that beautiful boy footage next week

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Lookit that l'il Echoes.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
What is a good spot for them to stop the next episode? can they get all the way to Killer Queens introduction?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GoldenPrice posted:

What is a good spot for them to stop the next episode? can they get all the way to Killer Queens introduction?

There's a panel where Killer Queen appears behind Kira, shadowed somewhat.
I'd bet that's where it ends. They could realistically fit all of Quiet Life in a single episode though.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
seeing cinderella again it's weird i never made the kira using cinderella -> kira finding love connection before

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like it'll be when the hand drops out of the bag and Shigechi sees it, but I really want them to go like two minutes longer and end on Kira's "I will erase you" and summoning Killer Queen and then starting Part 2 with "Killer Queen.....that's what I've been calling it." Quiet Life + People Of Morioh fits well as a two parter, I'm glad they're doing it.

also I don't have classes on Friday this semester and with Part 4 going into overdrive, that rules

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

no they will not posted:

seeing cinderella again it's weird i never made the kira using cinderella -> kira finding love connection before

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

no they will not posted:

Dude, whoa. Holy poo poo.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://a.pomf.cat/fsmedj.webm

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd bet that's where it ends. They could realistically fit all of Quiet Life in a single episode though.

I'm thinking the arm crossed pose, it's pretty cool and threatening

no they will not posted:

I don't get it, what's the connection?

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The connection is that he finds love.

e:

I really actually want an avatar of him falling now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

I'm thinking the arm crossed pose, it's pretty cool and threatening

Cinderella uses make up to make people fall in love, Kira begins to fall for Shinobu.

The flow would be a bit weird to interrupt, but it'd be the perfect hype to be continued scene.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kurtofan posted:

Cinderella can enhance the romantic luck of someone and after she's forced to use it on Kira, Shinobu finds him attractive and he starts getting conflicting feelings toward her

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

next week is episode 21, so i assume it's gonna be a pretty solid kira-centric block through 26 until we get a new OP

which will, assumedly, include way more overt kira imagery

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I can't wait for Kira to accidentally save a marriage.

Moltrey posted:

Cinderella can enhance the romantic luck of someone and after she's forced to use it on Kira, Shinobu finds him attractive and he starts getting conflicting feelings toward her

I love that a conflict that some JoJo villains go through is when how they are as a person is a hurdle to them reaching their main goal. Kira could absolutely live a quiet life with Shinobu if he tried to put a lid on killing people. Fate would have given Dio everything under the sun if he actually trusted it, or anyone, enough. Diavolo wouldn't have had any problems being a mob boss if he were less of a paranoid dick (and was willing to give his assassination team a raise), and his obsession with being anonymous made it really easy for someone else to take over. At least Kira realizes on some level what his problem is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BaDandy posted:

I love that a conflict that some JoJo villains go through is when how they are as a person is a hurdle to them reaching their main goal. Kira could absolutely live a quiet life with Shinobu if he tried to put a lid on killing people. Fate would have given Dio everything under the sun if he actually trusted it, or anyone, enough. Diavolo wouldn't have had any problems being a mob boss if he were less of a paranoid dick (and was willing to give his assassination team a raise), and his obsession with being anonymous made it really easy for someone else to take over. At least Kira realizes on some level what his problem is.

Then you have Pucci who completely trusts fate to such a degree that he believes (rightfully so) that he will win, up until his demise when he realizes that fate never intended for him to accomplish his ultimate goals like he thought

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

They could realistically fit all of Quiet Life in a single episode though.

God, I hope not.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Is this the first time all season that the sky was actually blue? Fuckin' weird, man.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

no they will not posted:

:eyepop:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Frionnel posted:

God, I hope not.

They aren't, there's a 1.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm just trying to think of how everything will be done if Quiet Life is two episodes.
Quiet Life + People of Morioh basically make this next arc six chapters which works well for a two parter.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

They'd have to cinderella it pretty hard, and you have to include People of Morioh at the end, otherwise it wouldn't work.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

They aren't, there's a 1.

There is hope for this world.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's definitely going to be quiet life + people of morioh marketed as a quiet life 2-parter, the only real question is where is part 1 going to cut off

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The rest of the season is just going to be episodes of Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines but with Kira & Killer Queen trying to get the sandwich bag off of Fatty

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's definitely going to be quiet life + people of morioh marketed as a quiet life 2-parter, the only real question is where is part 1 going to cut off

I mean if you re-read people of morioh, it's directly linked to what happens in quiet life, a lot. It's like the epilogue, the post-mortem if you will (huh-huh-huh)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

well, yeah. i just mean in terms of the episode naming scheme. it makes more sense to just call it a 2-parter

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This is completely off the current topic, but I just realized something and I feel the need to share it.
Traditionally, the artwork on the Temperance tarot card depicts a woman mixing wine and water, diluting the alcoholic content of the wine.

Rubber Soul is defeated when his liquid stand is dispersed in water.

Thank you for your time. You may now return to your regular Kira hype.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Alfons Mucha style art is extremely my poo poo so I loved the end of the episode today

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
I forgot how much I disliked the Cinderella chapters, but that was counter-balanced by the Alphonse Mucha/Art Nouveau imagery.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm finally getting around to listening to EoH's music and goddamn, Kira's theme is great! There's so much Queen in this song, I love it! Kosaku Kawajiri's is really good too, with the beat of We Will Rock You underlying the song. :allears:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

BaDandy posted:

I can't wait for Kira to accidentally save a marriage.

I'm dumb, how would fate give DIO everything? Because Pucci followed fate and won (more or less)?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

someone on tumblr posted:

If you’ve been in the JJBA fandom for some time, you may have noticed someone pointing out that there are some facial similarities between Guido Mista and Yoshikage Kira in his final “awakened” form. I’m here to prove that this is not just a coincidence.

First to note: the recurrent “4” theme. Kira is from part 4; Mista hates the number 4. But there’s more to it than just that. When we see Kira in Diamond is Unbreakable, he notes that it has been a year he considers “lucky”; his fingernail growth has been prodigious. How old is he? He is 33 years old. 3 is even more significant than most non-4 numbers: it is the last “safe” number before 4 is encountered, and also, unlike its fellows 1 and 2, cannot be multiplied by any whole number to make 4.

Also worth noting is that, when Kira grabs Hayato during the time loop, he specifically guesses that Hayato has lived through the morning 4 times. This is in fact incorrect; Hayato is on his 3rd trip through the time loop. Why did this specific number occur to Kira? We can only speculate. But it’s because he is Guido Mista.

Next, taking a look at Mista, we see that he has six bullets that make up his Stand Sex Pistols. They are numbered so that they omit the number 4. Examining this closer, we see that, taking their actual number, we get 6, an early hint to the fact that the universe would be reset at the end of part 6, thereby destroying the surviving Kira-Mista soul. When we take them by the numbers on their heads, we get 1-2-3-5-6-7: every single part of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure that does not contain a character named Yoshikage Kira. The incipient part 8 is clearly hinted at as the part in which Kira-Mista would “return”.

It should also be noted that close perusal of the color scans has recently revealed to me that Sex Pistols is not merely a humanoid Stand which may be expected to go unclothed; it is in fact 6 tiny naked people wearing shoes. What other Stand is mostly naked and wears shoes? Killer Queen!

Also, it should be noted that Killer Queen has 3 stages of evolution, as does Kira himself. The addition of Stray Cat makes for 4. Under an hour after adding this 4th power to his arsenal, Kira dies. His 4th stage of appearance, the ghost form, is achieved only in death. Kira also had 3 people in his nuclear family and 3 people in his fake family. 3 is a lucky number, and 4 spells death for Yoshikage Kira.

Turning again to Guido Mista, we see that his backstory involves a certain animal. Could that animal possibly be…a cat? It could, and is, because he is Yoshikage Kira. The name of his Stand, Sex Pistols, also calls to mind Kira’s Freudian conflation of sexual desire and violence. Also, we never see what is under Mista’s cap. Could it possibly be the watermelon hair? I’m going to say yes. Mista is Kira.

My theory? When Kira attempted to activate his Bites the Dust power for the last time, he in fact succeeded, at the very same moment he died. His soul was thus thrown back in time and reincarnated safely in Italy as Guido Mista. His appearance in the ghost alley is a mere red herring, or perhaps occurred moments before he was reincarnated. Reimi’s statement that he was going to a place where he would never know peace was true: Hell is real, and it is Vento Aureo.

In conclusion: Mista briefly fights Prosciutto and Pesci, whose names mean ham and fish, two foods a cat would find most appealing. In the final moments of Vento Aureo, Trish comments on the appearance of his hands. Mista is Kira. Kira is Mista. Trish knows too much, and should sleep with one eye open, for soon she will have to be eliminated.

source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'm dumb, how would fate give DIO everything? Because Pucci followed fate and won (more or less)?

In DIO's case he would've had a conflict with the Joestars no matter what since his presence was killing Holly.