Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Garrand posted:

If you go to the very top of the stairs and look up is he hanging from the ceiling? If not he might have glitched out. I'm assuming you've left and come back to reload the area?
Multiple times. I've also looked up from up there and I don't think I saw even a glimpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif

lite_sleepr posted:

I'm so gay because two dicks are better than one, stupid.

:smugdon:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm just starting out. I'm deprived, what stats should I raise if I just want to roll around and swing swords. Probably 2 handed
And how does scaling work

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I haven't played in like four months, did they fix darkmoon blades yet or do you literally have to family share account voodoo still?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think it works now. but now that it works for everyone, you dont get as many summons as you did when you did the family sharing thing

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

RC Cola posted:

I'm just starting out. I'm deprived, what stats should I raise if I just want to roll around and swing swords. Probably 2 handed
Put points into Vigor and Endurance. Raise other stats high enough to equip the weapon you want then make it Raw so you don't have to worry about scaling.

Scaling rating represents a range of values. Not every C rank scales the same as another C rank, but B will scale better than either of them. Scaling on most stats has a soft cap of 40 points where you get badly diminishing returns, and a near complete dropoff after 60 points.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

RC Cola posted:

why do people insist playing deprived in these games. only part of the game it makes harder is the tutorial boss and then you have access to equipment to replace the starting weapon. then you just get left with unoptimal stat picks for anything but the dumbest builds.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Because Deprived has a very even stat distribution and someone who is "just starting out" probably doesn't want to commit to one build over the other at the character selection screen?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Iretep posted:

why do people insist playing deprived in these games. only part of the game it makes harder is the tutorial boss and then you have access to equipment to replace the starting weapon. then you just get left with unoptimal stat picks for anything but the dumbest builds.

You can charge the swordmaster off the cliff with the deprived starting shield, which makes it worth every time. Also you aren't committed to any type of playstyle, and the "unoptimal" stats are minor and inconsequential unless you're gunning for slmeta pvp anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

in demon's souls and dark souls 1, the sl1 classes were by far the strongest

and yea the lowest level starter gives you more breathing room if you don't know what you want to do with your build yet

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Instead of adding areas can we get the DLC to remove areas? Particularly Irithyll Dungeon.

I hate those caged corpses
I hate those leech monsters
I hate the screamer items
I hate those loving squealing pig noises
And I absolutely loving hate those Jailers

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Instead of adding areas can we get the DLC to remove areas? Particularly Irithyll Dungeon.

Don't worry.

The DLC will be completely infested with Jailers.

Protected by Wrestlegoats.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Manatee Cannon posted:

in demon's souls and dark souls 1, the sl1 classes were by far the strongest

and yea the lowest level starter gives you more breathing room if you don't know what you want to do with your build yet

Yeah I've only played and beaten demon's souls and bloodborne before this

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Iretep posted:

there are a few reasons, but my reason is that it's the only class that starts at SL1 - and can stay that way for the rest of the game. :mrgw:

As a side note, all your stats being at 10 actually gives you a surprising number of options. You have an interesting range of weapons, especially when you account for two-handing, which increases your practical STR to 15. You also get access to a good deal of sorceries and pyromancies, as well as a few miracles. On top of this, you have the Rings, most of which are extremely useful - they give you the ability to go more heavily into specific play-styles without actually needing the stats to do it (The rings that give you extra attunement slots are very handy, and you can even get the priestess ring for +5 faith early in the game - that is, if you're a bad enough dude to beat the Dancer, Oceiros, and the Champ at SL1. (I'm not)).

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Dungeon is actually a great zone, one of the most memorable areas in the game. The first time you play it it seems gigantic, terrifying and labyrinthine, like you're never going to get anywhere and the number of enemies is insurmountable. But it's also easy to blitz through with spook/silvercat once you know where to go. It's the same sort of appeal as Blighttown, but more impressive given that it's a late game area and the player character is pretty strong by the time they can get there. The first time I realized you can pull both the mimic and the cross guy to have a battle royale with the crowd of jailers in the bottom room was an amazing moment. If anything, I wish it were bigger or had more connections to the Capital -- it might make Capital feel like less of an afterthought by comparison.

It's also amazing for invasions. Yesterday I ran into four guys cosplaying Lord of the Rings characters in there and Gandalf kicked my loving rear end. 10/10 zone

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That it gets better makes me feel a bit better about it. I'm currently skulking through it slowly for fear of ambush or my stats dropping to nothing out of nowhere.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think Irithyll Dungeon is probably the best and most Dark Souls-y zone in this game. It's definitely the only part of he game where I really took care to be methodical and thorough to clear it out.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
You can also clear it in about a minute if you have Tears of Denial active.

Not an Owl
Oct 29, 2011
If I've played DS 1+Bloodborne, how much play time can I expect out of this game?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Not an Owl posted:

If I've played DS 1+Bloodborne, how much play time can I expect out of this game?

How much of the time that you spent was pvp? Subtract that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

I think Irithyll Dungeon is probably the best and most Dark Souls-y zone in this game. It's definitely the only part of he game where I really took care to be methodical and thorough to clear it out.

By point of comparison, I hated the goddamn place because of how weirdly uneven the pacing was (one jailer -> two jailers -> room full of jailers -> pathetically weak dragon babies -> boring mob enemies -> room filled to the loving brim with jailers) when combined with the almost total lack of threatening enemies. The jailers are the only real threat in the zone, and the optimal strategy when fighting them is to just bum rush them relentlessly with a straight sword, making the combat even less interesting than the poise counters most other enemies bust out. The fact that 2/3rds of the chests were Mimics didn't help matters, either. It felt like 6 separate teams designed chunks of the zone and then stapled it together after.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel sorry for the chained up baby

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Is there some trick to getting Yellowfinger Heysel to spawn? I've ran myself ragged in the road of sacrifice/farron keep and she just will not invade me.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Flython posted:

Is there some trick to getting Yellowfinger Heysel to spawn? I've ran myself ragged in the road of sacrifice/farron keep and she just will not invade me.

You're made sure you're alive, right? And you've not killed the area bosses?

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

multijoe posted:

You're made sure you're alive, right? And you've not killed the area bosses?

Yeah I'm alive and so is the crystal sage. I have opened the way to the legion fight but that's as far as I've gone.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Flython posted:

Yeah I'm alive and so is the crystal sage. I have opened the way to the legion fight but that's as far as I've gone.

The game might just hate you then. There's no other documented factors, you -should- be getting invaded under those conditions.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
just finished the game for the first time, got the lord of hollows ending. it felt meh, kinda expected something more since people told me that DS3 is the final game and ends the story

also why isn't there an ending where the protagonist tells everyone to get lost and chills with the twin princes until the end of time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't have a happy ending in DS

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lord of Hollows owns. I want to see Londor as DLC zone.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Flython posted:

Have you stood at the spot where you pick up the pyromancer set? That's where she appears for me.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Conversely, in Farron Keep Heysel will always spawn just when you have aggroed six curse frogs

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
I loved and hated Irithyll Dungeon. It was very Demon's Souls. The best part about it was that I kept killing all the jailers before they did anything to me, and had killed about 5 of them with no problems, dying to other random stuff, like the weird lizard babies just randomly killing me when I didn't expect it. After a couple times getting my souls back, I didn't rush the jailers like I always had, and one managed to do the stat drain thing before, and I panicked and died. So now I was terrified of facing more than 1 at a time or even approaching them and died a lot more than I had to because of it.

Irithyll itself was one of the places I hated the most, actually. gently caress those wall-hacking Fire Witches and the room with about 50 invisible hollows that one-shot you if they hit you from behind or while you're swinging. Maybe I should have gotten more hp, but still. Pontiff was also a pain in the rear end without a shield.

RottenK posted:

just finished the game for the first time, got the lord of hollows ending. it felt meh, kinda expected something more since people told me that DS3 is the final game and ends the story

also why isn't there an ending where the protagonist tells everyone to get lost and chills with the twin princes until the end of time
Eh, I think the Princes are ok by themselves and you'd just be a third wheel. Also, some other, more powerful undead would eventually manage to clear a Twin Princes+Chosen Undead fight. Also that ending is reached when you just go in their room, log out, and abandon the game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Well, that was... odd. Teledogs are literally teleporting. One just teleported through a closed door. Then one teleported behind me. So I opened the door, and dogs on both sides.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Why do you think they have that nickname? It's not because they're astonishingly fast.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

4th child?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Garrand posted:

4th child?

The Maker of the Meme

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Garrand posted:

4th child?

I figure people are under the impression that solaire is gwyn's first son

p sure nameless king disproves any connection between the two but idk

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

I figure people are under the impression that solaire is gwyn's first son

p sure nameless king disproves any connection between the two but idk
Yeah people just refuse to give up on the Solaire thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
The four children would be Nameless King, Gwynevere, Gwyndolin and Yorshka.