Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

Nice guys are loving stupid. I've never had a girl tell me, "Gee, I thought you were a real dummy on account of your biceps, but it turns out you are not dumb at all!"

How can u have high INT without dumping STR and CHA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

P-Mack posted:

Really bad DEX and WIL, useless traits, really

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

P-Mack posted:

Roll all 18s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

killstealing posted:

Roll all 18s

i miss u like a friend zoned nerd misses hints.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Doc Friday posted:

:aaaaa:

Did the guy guy end up in prison or a grave? Please tell me there's a happy ending to this story.

She broke up with him. I saw him a couple years ago at a concert and he strolled up to me with a big doofy grin and yelled "HEY!!!" and I said "Oh, hi..." and walked away.

zegs posted:

you got niced

:niceburn:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Groovelord Neato posted:

i miss u like a friend zoned nerd misses hints.

I miss u too

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

yes i know that's not how it's pronounced

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Temple of M'lady enters the battlefield tapped

when Temple of M'lady enters the battlefield, cry

add death or small penises to your masturbation pool

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Hobby shops are the real temples of m'lady

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I was such a sad sack through college but I never directed anger at women. Like some of these chats people are posting are frightening.

Eventually I stopped wallowing in my misery and lamentations when I felt "friendzoned" or lonely or whatever and I'd focus energy on bettering myself physically and exploring the city. I can't figure out if something is especially wrong with these dudes or if it's environmental and there but for the grace of god went I :ohdear:

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

superjew posted:

but for the grace of god went I :ohdear:

I seriously feel this way every time I accidentally encounter facebook pictures of someone I used to know in college, who is on the royal court of their local amtgard shire. In their late 30's.

And I know more than one of those. Somehow, I dodged a bullet.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I like this mentality as I've been the boyfriend in 2-3 separate occasions.

The more naive the girl is about what is going on the more annoyed I get. "What, James just wants to buy me an xbox, go out to bars with him, let him buy me jewelry and go to the mall because he is that good of a friend Sure he sends me huge rants about how I'm the only one that "gets him" and how I need a "real man" but I told him I'm not interested and he totally understands that. By the way he wants me to go out to dinner with him DON'T TELL ME I CANT HAVE FRIENDS"

It's less irritating when your partner realizes and goes "Yeah the guy is kinda creepy and all he does is talk poo poo about you despite never even meeting you"

When we were dating, my wife had a friend who would constantly try to twist her words to make me sound like a shithead or abusive and then cover it up as "just being protective." He tried to convince her that me not letting them hang out alone was abuse no matter how many times she explained to him that I was there because she wanted me there. I don't think they hung out alone before that anyway.

Eventually it got to the point where she just stopped talking to him because I hurt my leg at work and he kept making comments implying that if I get injured that easily, I could never protect her which is weird because he was judging my physical capabilities but he was overweight and out of shape. He was a "huntin' muddin' and backroadin' redneck" type though so I'm assuming he thought his attitude would make up for his lack of physical fitness if he needed to defend her.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 12, 2016

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

dog buttz posted:

he was judging my physical capabilities but he was overweight and out of shape.

"Nobody can protect you like me!"

*sucks on inhaler, continues to wheeze*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's a weird as gently caress argument to make in modern day anyway when you can just go buy a gun

aside from the fact that it's weird to insist she needs protecting lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

turbomoose posted:

Hobby shops are the real temples of m'lady

i paint warhammer dollies as a hobby and i had to pick up some paint and the girl i was seeing at the time insisted on going

we were only in there for 2 minutes before she asked if we could leave and she told me it was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of her life

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

somebody should make a VR simulation of a day in the life of a woman and see how nice guys respond to life from a female point of view.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

SciFiDownBeat posted:

somebody should make a VR simulation of a day in the life of a woman and see how nice guys respond to life from a female point of view.

by masturbating

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SciFiDownBeat posted:

That might work if they had empathy but I don't think they do bc I'm pretty sure 'being nice' is just an act to get that pussy as evidenced by they immediately drop it and become a nasty toxic shitstain threatening rape/doxxing/whatever simply if the woman doesn't respond to them quick enough.

as opposed to people who just hold the door bc it's the polite thing to do and don't expect to be thanked for that. Kinda like that Chris Rock joke ("I take care of my children!" "You're supposed to you stupid motherfucker!")

on a side note make that VR program anyway but instead of nice guys a bunch of twinks with large penises (imgay)

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

PallasAthene posted:

Yeah, or they act like anyone who is muscular/fit, or dresses well can't possibly be nice or intelligent. Only a sloppy guy in a t-shirt is smart enough to really get a girl, and if she has a boyfriend who doesn't fit in that mold, it's because she's a shallow whore, not because maybe someone happened to be in shape and smart or funny, or just socially well-adjusted.

Yeah, I think it's a pretty common thing for these kinda guys to assume that brains/brawn really is a necessary trade-off like in cartoons, e.g. "they don't read books culturally superior manga because they're too busy lifting weights."

I used to stick to some of those stereotypes, until I got exposed to actual science & engineering students and faculty in college and realized the two traits have nothing to do with each other.

For the record, the stereotype isn't totally out of nowhere as I have an actual prime-physique friend who plays around with multiple girls at the same time leading to ethical failures but like, I don't go around resenting him for it I'm just like, "You do you, bud. Enjoy the fruits of your self-proclaimed cardio genius."

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 12, 2016

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Stinky_Pete posted:

Yeah, I think it's a pretty common thing for these kinda guys to assume that brains/brawn really is a necessary trade-off like in cartoons, e.g. "they don't read books culturally superior manga because they're too busy lifting weights."

I used to stick to some of those stereotypes, until I got exposed to actual science & engineering students and faculty in college and realized the two traits have nothing to do with each other.

It's totally possible to lift big weights in an autistic STEM way, we have a whole subforum for it.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Oh come on, its no coincidence that dadbod is a 'thing'. If you spend every moment of your life inside a gym and never allow yourself a good pizza or weed, chances are you might not be very fun to hang out with!

(I use this logic to justify my out of shapeness, but still. Some of the more intelligent (mathematically) and retarded (socially) friends I have are total gymnuts.)

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
Dad Bod only happens if you used to be in good shape, though. It's not "I am fat and weak, because I have always been fat and weak."

Honestly, there is a subset of fat nerd that is actually womanly-looking. It's gotta be hormonal. I don't know how else to describe it. And those dudes never, ever had a heyday.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm presently in the BF% range for "dad bod" due to eating healthy and exercising but also drinking a lot of alcohol.

My fitness philosophy is that ability to do cool stunts is more important than shape, but they are definitely correlated up to a point, and my intuition tells me that the dad bod indicates the minimum shape quality to still have an attractive level of physical ability.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Stinky_Pete posted:

I'm presently in the BF% range for "dad bod" due to eating healthy and exercising but also drinking a lot of alcohol.

My fitness philosophy is that ability to do cool stunts is more important than shape, but they are definitely correlated up to a point, and my intuition tells me that the dad bod indicates the minimum shape quality to still have an attractive level of physical ability.

My fitness philosophy is non existent and I see myself getting fatter and fatter but I still get laid so maybe you should check your facts, bro.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you lift heavy thing, the smart part of your brain instantly degenerates and the dumb bits of your brain activate

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hmm, do I spend my energy on intelligent thought or on weight-lifting and exercising...?

neither! I'll just get really angry on the internet about females

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Zzulu posted:

If you lift heavy thing, the smart part of your brain instantly degenerates and the dumb bits of your brain activate

the dumb bits are the ones that get you laid

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

My fitness philosophy is non existent and I see myself getting fatter and fatter but I still get laid so maybe you should check your facts, bro.

My fitness philosophy is not my getting laid philosophy. I don't have a getting laid philosophy, it just happens sometimes.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

hmm, do I spend my energy on intelligent thought or on weight-lifting and exercising...?

neither! I'll just get really angry on the internet about females

They're already intelligent and need that precious time to show everyone how grandiose their word choice and syntax is.

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 12, 2016

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Jesus, do these guys even try? That picture is terrible. What look was he going for there?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Leon Einstein posted:

Jesus, do these guys even try? That picture is terrible. What look was he going for there?

They call that The Teller, but he hosed up on the shutting up part.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Leon Einstein posted:

the "fucko"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

The poster child for why you don't take your OkCupid photo after getting loopy on muscle relaxers and red wine.

I think I'm also getting dadbod, but since I am a woman and never was jacked-to-all-poo poo it's mostly because of the pervasive body hair.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Leon Einstein posted:

"Let me get my pipe and checkered hat..."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
can we at least get a robe and a wizard hat?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

There's two components to being a nice guy, repulsively poor social skills and a crippling lack of introspection and self-awareness that causes them to live in denial that they aren't the problem, everyone else is the problem, they're just too gosh darn virtuous.

Being fat or ugly is a side issue at best.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
not gonna lie, at one point i had a positively repulsive "gently caress you if you are blahblah blah blah" okcupid profile.

I apologize :smithfrog:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Stinky_Pete posted:

My fitness philosophy is not my getting laid philosophy. I don't have a getting laid philosophy, it just happens sometimes.

They're already intelligent and need that precious time to show everyone how grandiose their word choice and syntax is.

:laffo: 'Should I make my dating profile something to attract dates, or should it be a celebration of my neurosis?'

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm the fist loving date.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

that's a weird as gently caress argument to make in modern day anyway when you can just go buy a gun

aside from the fact that it's weird to insist she needs protecting lol

You are exactly the kind of goon that would believe a gun would make you as desirable in a woman's eyes as a nice physique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

here's the problem with nice guys, as animated by a schizophrenic

https://vimeo.com/64941331

• Locked thread