Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
So is Guts's one hundred man fight going to be the tutorial or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's just Griffith standing on top of people's swords for the whole game.

Hitting them should recruit them to his mercenary army until there's no goons left on the map.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Professor Wayne posted:

So is Guts's one hundred man fight going to be the tutorial or something?
The tutorial should be fighting Bazuso.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

the game should start just like the manga

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
QTE to kill the demon babe.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I don't think musou games have tutorials.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Griffith points his sword at poo poo and Guts swoops in and kills it. Guts is Griffith's weapon. Or Zod if it's post-eclipse.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Deified Data posted:

Griffith points his sword at poo poo and Guts swoops in and kills it insanely brutally murders a child.

Checks out.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pewdiepie posted:

I don't think musou games have tutorials.

Sure they do. They can be more or less elaborate/intrusive depending on the game. It would be pretty easy to either have like Guts explaining how he fights to Puck or have it be a flashback to when he was first learning to fight as a kid mercenary.

Or just have it be popups when you play the first stage. That's probably the most likely.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

The tutorial should be fighting Bazuso.

Looking forward to the dramatic tension where our Dynasty Warriors character has to face one hundred soldiers and everyone is amazed. Don't you usually fight like two thousand people at once in these games?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Where is this "Hai Yo is phoned in" sentiment really coming from anyway? We've not heard the full thing, we're not hearing much of it unsullied in the show by SFX or dialogue, but what we have heard is pretty sensational, even if the show's usage of it isn't ideal.

Like, I'm not seeing much reason to say that it's phoned in or whatever. The same goes for saying it's the best Hirasawa song or whatever too.

All me and my opinion, which can be both wrong and unpopular. It's cool.

But I still say it's phoned in, mostly because when you say "Hirasawa is making a new song for Berserk", Hai Yo is pretty much exactly what I imagined it would sound like, like an unused track from the old anime or games that's touched up a bit then sent to the guys making the anime to use however they want. True, we haven't heard the full thing yet, and it may just be the anime itself that I really don't like which bleeds into how I think about the music, but seriously, if you're gonna get the guy to do one song and only one song then make it the opening or ending song, don't just throw it on whenever you feel like it.

If Hai Yo was the OP then I'd probably love it, but instead we get sludge metal for the OP because the studio making this have no idea what they're doing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

SatansBestBuddy posted:

All me and my opinion, which can be both wrong and unpopular. It's cool.

But I still say it's phoned in, mostly because when you say "Hirasawa is making a new song for Berserk", Hai Yo is pretty much exactly what I imagined it would sound like, like an unused track from the old anime or games that's touched up a bit then sent to the guys making the anime to use however they want. True, we haven't heard the full thing yet, and it may just be the anime itself that I really don't like which bleeds into how I think about the music, but seriously, if you're gonna get the guy to do one song and only one song then make it the opening or ending song, don't just throw it on whenever you feel like it.

If Hai Yo was the OP then I'd probably love it, but instead we get sludge metal for the OP because the studio making this have no idea what they're doing.

To be fair, I still giggle at PENPAL's Tell Me Why because it sounds like someone's garage grunge band.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That would seriously be such a good OP for Berserk if it weren't so engrishy.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
It's a good OP and Waiting So Long is a good ED, and I seriously feel bad for anyone who thinks the OP or ED of this show are good on any level.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

skasion posted:

It's a good OP and Waiting So Long is a good ED, and I seriously feel bad for anyone who thinks the OP or ED of this show are good on any level.

This, except i do like the new OP, maybe just because its good in comparison to the actual show

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Tell Me Why is a fun guilty pleasure, but Waited So Long has a velvety soft feel between the strong cords and sounding like an engrish version of Smashing Pumpkins.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

skasion posted:

The ED for the new show is one of the most puzzling things :psyduck:

The engrish in Waiting So Long is distracting but otherwise it's a great song to end on.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Griffith's cape looks real bad in that trailer.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

"Take a drink whenever Guts cuts someone in half" kinda failed us for episode 6.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

turtlecrunch posted:

Griffith's cape looks real bad in that trailer.

Should have gotten FROM to make the Berserk game imo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agreed, Game Freak would make a great Haruhi game.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Ugh more game chat. Well I guess we are talking about Berserk, which is better than not talking about Berserk.

The only game format that properly illuminates the story uses cards and twenty-three sided dice. I know this and I've never played one of Those Games in my life.

How many more chapters before we're back to Griffith saturation? I'm hoping the remainder of the year, unless more people start bitch slapping him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is still cool as gently caress, even in the new anime.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I'm not seeing enough dong.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
I hate the double-standard that Nina's embodying in the anime right now: the whole "I and a load of heretics had an orgy and cannibalism night and killed an innocent man but YOU GOTTA DITCH THE MENTALLY RETARDED* CHICK SHE'S THE ISSUE HERE" line of thinking. For all I care she should just jump off a cliff.

Guts showing up just makes everything better, at least there's that. :allears:

*as the other girls in the camp consider her to be at this point

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Guts showing up was done pretty well, this was an OK episode.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
That feeling when hearing an episode is "okay I guess" makes you really excited.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

CryingAthena posted:

I hate the double-standard that Nina's embodying in the anime right now: the whole "I and a load of heretics had an orgy and cannibalism night and killed an innocent man but YOU GOTTA DITCH THE MENTALLY RETARDED* CHICK SHE'S THE ISSUE HERE" line of thinking. For all I care she should just jump off a cliff.

Guts showing up just makes everything better, at least there's that. :allears:

*as the other girls in the camp consider her to be at this point

Nina's just a wretched person and I'm glad she's dying (though I suppose maybe the Magic Griffith Wind could have cured her)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina is legit worse than basically all of the actual demon people Griffith hangs out with.

Apparently, it's listed for 12 episodes only so there's no Millennium Falcon coming or whatever, for better or worse.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 12, 2016

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

This episode was decent. It had some of the usual issues but overall effective.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Man, if only the rest of the show had any of the impact from that last scene.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Nina is legit worse than basically all of the actual demon people Griffith hangs out with.

Apparently, it's listed for 12 episodes only so there's no Millennium Falcon coming or whatever, for better or worse.

Nina sucks so hard.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nina is great because she demonstrates that someone can be victimized and also a terrible person.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I don't really think she's a terrible person. Terribly flawed, sure.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vengarr posted:

She tried to murder a man because he thought her weird cult orgy was gross and scary.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I thought it was because she thought he'd rat them out to the inquisition.

And wasn't he ok with the orgy part? It was the cannibalism that scared him off.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Galvanik posted:

I thought it was because she thought he'd rat them out to the inquisition.

And wasn't he ok with the orgy part? It was the cannibalism that scared him off.

Okay he was scared of her cannibalism then. Eating people is pretty hosed up.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Vengarr posted:

She depends how on others for literally everything but will betray them the microsecond it benefits her.

did the anime cut out her monologue on how she secretly hates Luca of have we just not got there yet?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nina is a bad person, but also a product of her environment. In a better world, she'd only be a bratty little poo poo. A lot less prostitution and VD, I'd imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

DrManiac posted:

She depends how on others for literally everything but will betray them the microsecond it benefits her.

She also gets spanked and cries like the literal child she is. And after throwing whatshisface off a cliff, she cries at being rejected. After turning on Casca she cries at her own weakness. She only joined the satanic cult because she was slowly dying and needed some distraction from the existential terror.

Her whole arc is that she's a scared, cowardly child.