Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bundt Cake posted:

dont forget everyone elses contempt for him

Hell, I kinda like him to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

threeagainstfour posted:

You forgot GSP vs Velociraptor

GSP vs Captain America

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Eat This Glob posted:

it's not even that unreasonable considering i'm a fan of sick first round ko's but i vehemently oppose your stance on the matter

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Eat This Glob posted:

Assuming there hasn't been some confusion,, , Whats a thing, or some things, you like about Tyron Woodley?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

Assuming there hasn't been some confusion,, , Whats a thing, or some things, you like about Tyron Woodley?

He is very handsome.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bubba Smith posted:

This is what I understand counts as "verbal agreements" you see Ariel Helwani reporting on so much.

also I need that screenshot to zoom out after that last text message from GSP

a billion eggplant emojis and one heart-eyes

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I liked straight outta Compton

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bundt Cake posted:

He punches hord and wrestles well. He's filling a Bigg Rigg-sized hole in my soul.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
He had one of the best fights ever against Alexander Gustafsson and demolished the rest of the competition during his run as LHW champ.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

He punches hord and wrestles well. He's filling a Bigg Rigg-sized hole in my soul.

It would be nice if he did either of those things more than once a round

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

At least he makes weight.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

fatherdog posted:

One round is all he needs can manage. He is what he is.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

At least he makes weight.

It's true, he is better than the Diaz brothers that way

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Anyone watching Conor's press conference at his personal gym. His only game plan change seems to be that he is going to have way more cardio.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Anyone watching Conor's press conference at his personal gym. His only game plan change seems to be that he is going to have way more cardio.

it could help. obviously he hasnt had enough time to catch up to nate but theyre not running the 10km

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Eat This Glob posted:

RIP both hord and well

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

I.N.R.I posted:

it could help. obviously he hasnt had enough time to catch up to nate but theyre not running the 10km

Of course it will help, but it's unlikely to let him win. But he's been talking like this for a few months now and I'm pretty sure it's just bravado. I doubt that's his only change.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

threeagainstfour posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz

Cool article on Nate Diaz with a bunch of fighters, including people who have won and lost against Nate talking about him. Pretty similar to the article about Aldo right before 194 where they talked to a bunch of people who got smashed by Jose.

I scrolled to the middle of it, saw someone refer to him as a "butthead", and knew it had to be a Benson Henderson quote.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Bubba Smith posted:

also I need that screenshot to zoom out after that last text message from GSP

"eeeeeh new number who dis?"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I scrolled to the middle of it, saw someone refer to him as a "butthead", and knew it had to be a Benson Henderson quote.

That's by far the less disquieting Bendo quote -

Benson Henderson posted:

I try to keep a high pace too and I think, for sure, you can feel someone breaking. You can feel them slowing down. You can feel them wanting to catch their breath, wanting to move around and take a breather for real quick, then you not giving them that space. You can feel them wear down. You can feel them get tired. You can feel them get sad —€” and I love that feeling. You can physically feel their body get sad. It's awesome.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Where are you seeing this?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
If Woodley posts some texts that finally, definitively prove that GSP is gay, then I'll be interested.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/FabulousDeterminedKingfisher.webm

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pimp Cauldron posted:

RIP both hord and well

lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Pro click

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That big ole British flag is ruining it for me.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
BJ Penn vs. Ricardo Lamas targeted for UFC Fight Night: Manila

this seems like a real bad idea to me. what happened to cole miller?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

BJ Penn vs. Ricardo Lamas targeted for UFC Fight Night: Manila

this seems like a real bad idea to me. what happened to cole miller?

It's a pretty good test actually, because Classic BJ would annihilate Lamas, so if he gets ground down and beat up he should 100% hang it up.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I thought he already did but apparently that was a very nice fever dream

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

fatherdog posted:

That's by far the less disquieting Bendo quote -

[url=http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz]

hes cool. never seen him fight though

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Here is the press conference mentioned earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiqzKDP7LfE

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

I.N.R.I posted:

hes cool. never seen him fight though

His pre title fights ar3 good. The ones after that are eh.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

fatherdog posted:

So he's like a smaller Yoel?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This seems like a very strange way to train. https://www.facebook.com/mmafighting/videos/10154493485794479/

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
People have been doing that with medicine balls forever.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Dangersim posted:

His pre title fights ar3 good. The ones after that are eh.

Well, till he lost the title. Post title, pre-Bellator WW Benson was the best Benson. Watching him go from a gigantic lightweight to a small welterweight v Brandon Thatch made me root for him for the first time since the WEC days.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
bendo's fights, and if you should watch them:

everything in wec: yes
bocek: yes
miller: yes
guida: very yes
edgar 1: yes
edgar 2: no
diaz: yes
melendez: no
pettis 2: yes (do not draw the conclusion from it that anthony pettis is a good fighter)
thomson: no
khabilov: yes
dos anjos: yes
cerrone: eh
thatch: very yes
masvidal: eh

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Tezcatlipoca posted:

People have been doing that with medicine balls forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcol_YCrdlA

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

threeagainstfour posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz

Cool article on Nate Diaz with a bunch of fighters, including people who have won and lost against Nate talking about him. Pretty similar to the article about Aldo right before 194 where they talked to a bunch of people who got smashed by Jose.
Really cool article and now I want to find the one on Aldo, but... did they interview Hermes Franca from jail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Fat Twitter Man posted:

bendo's fights, and if you should watch them:

everything in wec: yes
bocek: yes
miller: yes
guida: very yes
edgar 1: yes
edgar 2: no
diaz: yes
melendez: no
pettis 2: yes (do not draw the conclusion from it that anthony pettis is a good fighter)
thomson: no
khabilov: yes
dos anjos: yes
cerrone: eh
thatch: very yes
masvidal: eh

I can support this generally, although Cerrone 3 is a hard "no" and Edgar 2 is "yes, and then immediately turn it off at the final bell and pretend the decision went the way it clearly should have."

• Locked thread