Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

That's hilariously sad.

It's the way it is. We get guys prowling for specific variants that run $200+ and they get seriously pissed when they find out we either don't have them or have them marked up a bit already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Teenage Fansub posted:

They featured in that Final Days of Superman storyline, along with Dr. Omen.

Ah, I hadn't been reading that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Man, how often do modern comics even go up in price for more than a couple bucks these days anyway? I remember years ago some dude tells me he buys two copies of every comic, one to read and one to have sealed up. What a loving waste of money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Man, how often do modern comics even go up in price for more than a couple bucks these days anyway? I remember years ago some dude tells me he buys two copies of every comic, one to read and one to have sealed up. What a loving waste of money.

Unexpected demand that outstrips the supply causes brief bumps. DC Universe Rebirth #1's are selling for $10 or more right now despite there being like 250K copies of the first print and probably 75K copies of the reprints.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
One day I will complete my plan of finding every copy of Young blood #1 and setting them all on fire except for one. I will make millions and then we will see who will be laughing.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

One day I will complete my plan of finding every copy of Young blood #1 and setting them all on fire except for one. I will make millions and then we will see who will be laughing.

The Nobel Peace Prize is only $1.2 USD, though. Not sure why you think you'd get millions, plural.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Madkal posted:

Reminds me of those guys trying to buy and destroy every copy of Shaq Fu or the guys buying and making a pyramid of every VHS copy of Jerry MacGuire.

A comic shop here had this whole section of various early 90s Image comics not worth the paper they were printed on. I'm pretty sure the owner wouldn't have lifted a finger if I had just casually grabbed stacks of them and walked out the door.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Madkal posted:

Sorry, I have a copy in a box somewhere. Hell if I know. That is one copy you will never get.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Codependent Poster posted:

Sorry, I have a copy in a box somewhere. Hell if I know. That is one copy you will never get.

You should have hid its existence until he was certain that he had burned every other copy of the issue, and then in the middle of the ebay auction, put up your own listing so he either has to accept less of a potential profit, or buy it himself for an absurd amount of money to ensure he gets the most out of his own auction.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

greatn posted:

You can be muscly and fat.

Having a World's Strongest Man fat guy is not the same as having just a fat guy. You can't be all, "Haha, the author got to make a fat Batman!" when he's drawn like 1999 Mark Henry. It's actually just comic artists refusing to draw anything but muscular men anyway.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I think the super-man art is all over the place. Kenan looks like a fat boy in his first panels, the same time he's saying "yeah I'm gorgeous and built". Then bat-man looks like a brick house while being called fat. But some panels are really emotive and effective in between.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Chinaman7000 posted:

I think the super-man art is all over the place. Kenan looks like a fat boy in his first panels, the same time he's saying "yeah I'm gorgeous and built". Then bat-man looks like a brick house while being called fat. But some panels are really emotive and effective in between.

And then there's one fella in the group that Kenan's dad is with whose facial features look... oddly shifted around to show them all at the angle his head is at.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I made a new Batman thread, please post about Batman in this thread.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Including Chinese Bat-Man?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

greatn posted:

Including Chinese Bat-Man?

If you want, sure.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It got buried in the Batman thread, but Sean Murphy (Punk Rock Jesus, Tokyo Ghost) is exclusive for two years developing an "Elseworld-like" Batman limited series.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/13/sean-gordon-murphy-exclusively-for-two-years-on-two-batman-comics-from-dc-comics/

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Comixology is starting to add the 80's Ted Kord Blue Beetle series. It looks like a single issue weekly it bi-weekly like Young All-Stars.

Edit: it makes me wish the old comics would go on sale with the Nu52 series. :mad:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

God loving dammit, no more prez?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

12 more pages.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

SynthOrange posted:

Read Flintstones!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This is interesting.
In 2014 there was a Superman/Black Lightning police-shooting analogous one-shot written by Tom King for Trevor Von Eeden (1970s BL artist/co-creator) to draw.
It's sitting in the vaults, perhaps a Hellblazer: Shoot situation.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/15/the-blacklivesmatter-superman-comic-that-dc-hasnt-published-yet-by-tom-king-and-trevor-von-eeden/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That page of Superman above the riot is gorgeous.

The article does say it's supposed to be an inventory issue, in case of schedule issues so they can shove an issue of Action or Superman out no matter what.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Norns posted:

Read Flintstones!

gently caress no

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Try it. He's making a pretty similar comic.
Last issue was all about consumerism and organized religion.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 16, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

Try it. He's making a pretty similar comic.
Last issue was all about consumerism and organized religion.

So Sausage Party?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I really dont care for historical settings

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This is pre historical. It takes place in the modern day of pre historia.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jeff Lemire sale
https://www.comixology.com/Jeff-Lemire-Sale/page/11834?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

No Green Arrow for some reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How was his animal man, I know people thought the rot stuff dragged him down but still.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I am legitimately relieved that this sale is DC-only, because I just caught up on digital issues of Descender and was about to kick myself.

Oh look, Futures End is part of the sale, good thing I didn't spend 3x as much money on-- ow!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

How was his animal man, I know people thought the rot stuff dragged him down but still.

It farted out the ending a little (apart from Lemire drawing a storybook finale) but it's well worth reading.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Even stranger is that JLU #11-16 is part of the sale, despite the fact that Lemire didn't write any of those.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

CharlestheHammer posted:

The stuff on either side of Rotworld is excellent. He really rebounded near the end of his run.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

SynthOrange posted:

gently caress no

Have you by chance tried it?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I love Yanick Paquette, but...

E: Really like Claire Roe's art in this BOP preview http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/batgirl-and-the-birds-of-prey-1-dc-comics-2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's looking a little Attack on Titan in the last panel there.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sure, Supes, I'll fist bump you as long as you don't destroy my hand.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I love Yanick Paquette, but...

DC's Fred Flintstone already looks dumb enough without making him Superman as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Norns posted:

Have you by chance tried it?

Yeah Flintstones vitamins are loving terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah Flintstones vitamins are loving terrible

Once threw up alllllll over the kitchen when I was a kid after deciding to eat all the red ones in the bottle at one time.