Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh for real? I checked the page today and the only confirmed star I saw was Cody. Is anyone else confirmed, or is that more of an "It's Final Battle, they're gonna have a stacked card"

The second one. ROH and PWG share a good deal of talent, and they've been bringing in more NJPW guys lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CMLL's Triton announced for Field of Honor. He's got big muscles and can do extremely graceful feats of agility. Really excited to see more of CMLL's directionless but talented midcard work America more in the future.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If the people in question love NJPW and PWG then ROH should be totally up their alley because they have considerable crossover with both, especially for Final Battle which is one of their biggest shows of the year so they'll likely fly in at least a few NJPW guys. Presumably the show is earlier in December than usual to create more space between it and Wrestle Kingdom so the NJPW talent can work both shows.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just watched the Lethal/O'Reilly match on ROH TV. It amazes me how they can tell such a compelling story with such an amazing match, and WWE puts on such constant poo poo shows.

And Keith Lee is going to be a star.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Just watched the Lethal/O'Reilly match on ROH TV. It amazes me how they can tell such a compelling story with such an amazing match, and WWE puts on such constant poo poo shows.

And Keith Lee is going to be a star.

Both promotions are good, wrestling is good. Catching up on ROH, they're turning Jay face I guess?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Bought a ticket for that September Stage AE show, didn't make the mistake I made for the NXT show where I bought a standing room only ticket. Will yell "All Hail" if the Bucks and Cole show up

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

everyone please go see the coolest wrestler in the world before his career is cut tragically short by injuries

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/761232101886849025

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
But Will Ospreay turned down a tour with ROH

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Will Ospreay is really good but I'd never call him cool

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

everyone please go see the coolest wrestler in the world before his career is cut tragically short by injuries

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/761232101886849025

Please book him against Kamaitachi

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm in favor of seeing both Nakamura, an NXT title change, and Dragon Lee getting thrown off a balcony by Kamaitachi in the same building in the same year

Oh and throw in Kyle beating Cole for the ROH title too that'd be sweet

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

coolest wrestler in the world

Err.. that's his older brother, but Dragon Lee's still amazing and everyone should see him

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Willninho posted:

Will Ospreay is really good but I'd never call him cool

He's cool when he wears the black tights and assassin robe. The current Union Jack gear is corny as poo poo though.

On the subject of ROH: how the hell are they running a stable named the Cabinet when WWE already used that name for a quasi-political stable? The writing has been pretty lazy and downright bad lately.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Charles Gnarwin posted:

He's cool when he wears the black tights and assassin robe. The current Union Jack gear is corny as poo poo though.

On the subject of ROH: how the hell are they running a stable named the Cabinet when WWE already used that name for a quasi-political stable? The writing has been pretty lazy and downright bad lately.

It's election season.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The writing has actually been pretty good and focused since BITW. Probably the best month of shows in a while.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Young Bucks have got an App.

Superkick party:The game

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/superkick-party/id1127454806?mt=8

Kick luchas and sell T-Shirts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TJHawke411/status/762317162442788864

I take it negotiations on keeping him post-Final Battle aren't going well

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/TJHawke411/status/762317162442788864

I take it negotiations on keeping him post-Final Battle aren't going well

I'm sure 99% of independent wrestlers think this regardless, makes it easy for NXT Paul to bury every other promotion

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Said this a few weeks ago but even if you've been sour on their booking check out the past 3 weeks of ROH TV. Specially this week with the Lethal vs Colt rematch.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
ROH and CMLL are going into a working agreement.

Wrestling Observer posted:

On Wednesday afternoon, Ring of Honor's official Twitter account retweeted a link from the Spanish-language mediatiempo.com announcing that ROH and CMLL have entered into an official working relationship.

The two promotions are natural partners, as both have strong relationships with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

The article notes that an official talent exchange between the two companies has been agreed to, and the crossover of talent began last month when CMLL's Stuka Jr. competed at ROH's TV tapings in Philadelphia against Kamaitachi.

ROH's Matt Taven will be headed to Mexico later this year and will compete for CMLL on September 9th at Arena Mexico.

That show will be just days after CMLL holds what is usually one of the biggest wrestling events of the year with the 83rd edition of their anniversary show. CMLL announced the full card for that show today, with Dragon Lee vs. La Mascara headlining it in a mask vs. mask match.

Dragon Lee will be making his ROH debut later this year at All Star Extravaganza VII.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ROH is bad.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ROH is good. Wrestling is good. You are good.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The fact that we are only now getting to see how good Cedric Alexander means this is true.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cedric Was Always Good

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

Cedric Was Always Good

you'd forget that by how roh like never used him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

Cedric Was Always Good

Good thing ROH never took advantage of that then

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think it's a bad thing, actually

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

Cedric Was Always Good

*whacks your posting with a wrench*

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cedric was always allowed to have great matches. They just didn't do anything with them. That's bad in its own right but anyone who watched ROH and didn't realize Cedric was awesome before this week is weird

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

him losing the weight also made him a crisper worker

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cedric was always allowed to have great matches. They just didn't do anything with them. That's bad in its own right but anyone who watched ROH and didn't realize Cedric was awesome before this week is weird

Honestly I don't remember a ton of great matches out of him in ROH. He was always in a position where it felt like he was going to get into that feud that really cemented him with a classic match and it never happened. He had a match that was a bit below that level with Roddy but the stip probably kept it from hitting the next level. He had some really good tags, but I dunno, it felt like he'd get momentum and then they'd decide to go with someone else.

Then there's Ciampa who ROH decided to push before he was really ready as they saw something in him, he didn't get over, got injured as he was getting great and over, came back and they saw him as a guy who wasn't going to get over on top. (Or they knew wouldn't sign long term and didn't want to put him on top.)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think they really hosed up in not being patient with Ciampa.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ROH is good and I'm very excited for Death Before Dishonour.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Was there a booker change during Ciampa's injury layoff, because I seem to recall something about Cornette being really high on him and Delirious not.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

since we're talking about them there was an excellent ciampa/cedric street fight from roh tv a while back

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Elgin-Cedric from Flyin High was awesome, as was the C&C-Red Dragon tag match from Pursuit Night 2

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i kinda miss the old days of pre-tv roh when they ran maybe 2-5 events per month but 3 of them would feel like actual PPVs. something about that format made for more intriguing storylines than the current state of it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

like, roh still has really good in ring product, and the storylines aren't BAD, but there just doesn't seem to be anything there to make me turn on my tv on saturdays. it just doesn't feel special.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

like, roh still has really good in ring product, and the storylines aren't BAD, but there just doesn't seem to be anything there to make me turn on my tv on saturdays. it just doesn't feel special.

You should turn your TV on Saturday aka today then because you've missed a month of their best shows in a long time. You can also 'Turn Your Monitor On' and watch that past month as well at http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/765279657193332737

• Locked thread