Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

I've only listened to a couple episodes but I'm enjoying it so far. It's entirely the in-person fantasy improv role playing and world building without any actual pesky tabletop game to get in the way, it takes a few eps to get going but I knew I would be listening for a while when they reveal that the talking badger is actually a changeling who turns into the last thing he hosed...and he hosed a badger.

I started listening to it and blasting through the back catalouge a few weeks ago. They have a lot of super solid episodes, but I find the guests are often pretty hit or miss. Hard to blame them really, given the hosts have built a pretty rich fantasy world entirely on improv; I'd imagine it would be very hard for a guest to dive right in.

Worth checking out for sure though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
all mcelroy properties are very good and they are all equally good

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

atomicthumbs posted:

all mcelroy properties are very good and they are all equally good

Shmanners though? Really?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Scudworth posted:

Shmanners though? Really?

i've never listened to it

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

let's have a discussion about the ethics of using a mind control backdoor on a charming and friendly earth elemental

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 12, 2016

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

atomicthumbs posted:

let's have a discussion about the ethics of using a mind control backdoor on a charming and friendly earth elemental

Goona go out on a limb and say it's Not Good. A bad thing to do.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

atomicthumbs posted:

It seems very bad to me. I do wonder if they are going to be able to solve Griffin's time puzzle without using it though. I hope they are able to execute a final loop where they help everyone with their problems. Or at least that it works out Majora's Mask style and cherry-picks the best parts of all your loops.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Travis343 posted:

It seems very bad to me. I do wonder if they are going to be able to solve Griffin's time puzzle without using it though. I hope they are able to execute a final loop where they help everyone with their problems. Or at least that it works out Majora's Mask style and cherry-picks the best parts of all your loops.

Will they form Fierce Deity Merle?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Whizbang posted:

Will they form Fierce Deity Merle?

I think we learned last episode Merle's deity is pretty fierce already.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen
Fuuuuuuck this week's TAZ was so good. So so good.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Kojiro posted:

Goona go out on a limb and say it's Not Good. A bad thing to do.

Is it better or worse than stealing a dying man's silverware from a 12 year old boy-detective?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Is it better or worse than stealing a dying man's silverware from a 12 year old boy-detective?

It is definitely on a level with mind-controlling a Tom Bodett clone to stand in front of a train.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Agnus Deserved It.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

When they do it to Angus it's cute.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

They also definitely murdered a guy and threw his body down a canyon.

Kojiro posted:

It is definitely on a level with mind-controlling a Tom Bodett clone to stand in front of a train.

"Well... goodbye everyone."

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I always crack up when I hear the bit of tacco speaking up about looting the bank

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Man, remember when Taaco used to be the dumb one?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

showbiz_liz posted:

Man, remember when Taaco used to be the dumb one?

I don't think he was ever really dumb (although I know there are points in the early episodes where Justin/Taako says he is.)

From a stats perspective he's had a +5 INT and a +3 WIS modifier since level 2.

I'm sure he was just following in the tradition of all great wizards who seem like they have their head in the clouds when nothing is on the line, then when the poo poo hits the fan they're sharp as a tacks.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
W-why is the new cool games inc episode named HOMESTUCK

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I'm not familiar with a Homestuck. Are you talking about the hit new game from Coolgames Inc., :Homestuck?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
New Griffin and Nick play with cars, aka CAR BOYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJoWKqG78D8

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Travis343 posted:

This episode ends with 10 minutes left before Refuge goes kaput so I think they will need to do this at least one more time. Walk up to Roswell at the beginning, say the code word, get him to get into the bank and get the journal, bring it to Redmond so he doesn't waste his time with his lovely heist, then do whatever at the temple. That's the only way I can see them resolving the conflicting events right now.

That episode was powerful as hell. I thought Taako was bullshitting when he said he actually needed tons of money to do that spell but I'm told that in D&D you really do need expensive gems for that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
new TAZ was lit

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

nerdbot posted:

I thought Taako was bullshitting when he said he actually needed tons of money to do that spell but I'm told that in D&D you really do need expensive gems for that.

:ssh: you also need to spend an hour casting it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poopy Palpy posted:

not in TAZ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Poopy Palpy posted:

Not if you have really expensive gems.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Oh so it's cool when Justin wants to cast an hour long spell to control probably the most important NPC of this arc but when Clint wants to cast an hour long spell to speak to a ghost it's not allowed?
Yet more evidence that the game is rigged against Merle.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Oh so it's cool when Justin wants to cast an hour long spell to akira the poo poo out of roswell

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Poopy Palpy posted:

TBF the spell also failed miserably.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

I don't think you'll find a person who cares less about how long his own spell takes to cast than our boy Juice.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhxURd-9SQ8

This is really good

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Is there anybody who does Adventure Zone fanart in the style of actual old D&D manuals and book covers instead of the same interchangeable Steven Universe thing all of Tumblr uses now?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Mann posted:

Is there anybody who does Adventure Zone fanart in the style of actual old D&D manuals and book covers instead of the same interchangeable Steven Universe thing all of Tumblr uses now?

how old do you want because like, the actual 'old D&D manuals' aren't exactly pillars of high art.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if you see steven universe in everything i think that is more of a you problem mate

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Stupid tumblr and their mind control forcing artists to stray from the TRUE vision of Klaarg

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Bugbears, known for their one shaven leg.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
remember every time they interacted with Klaarg, he had no pants straight Donald Ducking it

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

nerdbot posted:

This episode ends with 10 minutes left before Refuge goes kaput so I think they will need to do this at least one more time. Walk up to Roswell at the beginning, say the code word, get him to get into the bank and get the journal, bring it to Redmond so he doesn't waste his time with his lovely heist, then do whatever at the temple. That's the only way I can see them resolving the conflicting events right now.

So the old woman with the chalice has got to be that little girl, right? And possibly she is also the temple 'goddess' at the same time?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

showbiz_liz posted:

So the old woman with the chalice has got to be that little girl, right? And possibly she is also the temple 'goddess' at the same time?

I believe the old woman who keeps bringing them back is June but Istus is an actual D&D goddess, she's not something Griffin made up for the storyline. I think it is pretty unlikely she will turn out to be the Goddess as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

gently caress, that was great.