Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

i cannot find a screenshot of this goddamn sign anywhere and i have to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

real nice froggo

https://mobile.twitter.com/icefrog_weibo/status/764674984824496128

did he ever comment on the fact that his identity was confirmed a few months ago

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

shouldve figured it was him though i thought with the china money imp would be up there

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

real nice froggo

https://mobile.twitter.com/icefrog_weibo/status/764674984824496128

did he ever comment on the fact that his identity was confirmed a few months ago

wait did bruno reveal himself

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

a typo

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Something Awful subforum The Football Funhouse! We're starting our own Dota team, but will succumb to infighting over whose QBs are elite.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
actionslacks didn't make the aegis and jugg won the arcana vote, gently caress reddit

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Majuju posted:

actionslacks didn't make the aegis and jugg won the arcana vote, gently caress reddit

the best ti.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i cannot find a screenshot of this goddamn sign anywhere and i have to see it

all it said was maga, lefties are just loving loony and scream racist when they see that, like it's an insult people give a poo poo about anymore

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

wait did bruno reveal himself

a few months ago the cofounder of Riot made a big official post on reddit about random League drama and in it he casually name dropped froggo and confirmed his name is Abdul Ismail which was long rumored to be him anyway for other reasons

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 14, 2016

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Somehow it's racist to want people to speak English after they say they will.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Nice of Riot to do that but I dont think anyone really cares

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Something along the lines of "Build a wall around the English servers #tacotacoburrito" is actually pretty racist imo but whatever Dota is about loathing your fellow man

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I have the feeling that language preference settings are a garbage placebo for angry shitters and valve wouldn't gently caress up their own matchmaking by making those settings stick, but that's just a guess.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I think I just saw Aysee here. Do I put my breadstick in his bagel?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I love the idea that somehow your team not speaking English is what is keeping you down in the trench, because they'd totally listen to you bark orders at them like you're somehow a good player if they did

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
the wisp arcana salt on reddit is almost as good as the fountain hook salt. a fitting end to the worst meme.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
reddit also unironically loves slacks and they think he made ti better

Majuju posted:

gently caress reddit

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Equilibrium posted:

the wisp arcana salt on reddit is almost as good as the fountain hook salt. a fitting end to the worst meme.

the vote was literally rigged tho

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a few months ago the cofounder of Riot made a big official post on reddit about random League drama and in it he casually name dropped froggo and confirmed his name is Abdul Ismail which was long rumored to be him anyway for other reasons

this has been known for like a decade..

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wonder how good Icefrog is at Dota

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

resistentialism posted:

I have the feeling that language preference settings are a garbage placebo for angry shitters and valve wouldn't gently caress up their own matchmaking by making those settings stick, but that's just a guess.

you literally lose behavior score if you buy tangos late in a game

language preference used to work, but it got heavily abused by people so they turned it down a bunch

but it didn't matter anyway, people just check their region's native language to get faster queues

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I've been a strong proponent of requiring a valid social security number to queue NA servers :911:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bad Moon posted:

Something Awful subforum The Football Funhouse! We're starting our own Dota team, but will succumb to infighting over whose QBs are elite.

Can I be MattyIceIceIce?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

O poo poo its iceiceice what do I do play it cool

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

steakmancer posted:

I've been a strong proponent of requiring a valid social security number to queue NA servers :911:

you need one for china, didn''t stop me :911:

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
http://i.imgur.com/ru2TAPK.jpg

I mean...if you really wanna see it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

JollyPubJerk posted:

i didnt know because i dont religiously follow the dota scene which was why i asked which was why he responded

j p j g o a w a y

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

JollyPubJerk posted:

if by "known" you mean "kinda rumored" than yes

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if by "known" you mean "kinda rumored" than yes

I suppose by reddit 2k standards, but yeah players have known forever. They just don't like to talk about it because the testing group is super anal about protecting leaks and this is an easy way to get excommunicated.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

was there a newbie cast for ti this year and would there be an easy way to link to a stream using it that shows the semifinals and finals?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

JollyPubJerk posted:

I suppose by reddit 2k standards, but yeah players have known forever. They just don't like to talk about it because the testing group is super anal about protecting leaks and this is an easy way to get excommunicated.

do you think i thought literally nobody but gabe knew who he was or something or are you trying to say that you are part of the secret club that knew or what because the whole point is that only people involved knew

idgi jpj

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

JollyPubJerk posted:

the vote was literally rigged tho

good

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
https://twitter.com/stuchiuWriter/status/764699888391106560

PPD's blue screen of death. Can't outdraft a team that doesn't have any consistent strategy to begin with.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 14, 2016

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
drat so china owns and america is poo poo

but both regions can have a good long laugh at EU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

After that embarrassing performance, NADota should shut down permanently.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Oh poo poo Icefrog is.. some dude named Abdul.. I guess. :confused:

Is his name supposed to be a revelation or something. I feel no different knowing it now than I did before not knowing it.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Bad Moon posted:

I will buy your team pennant

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

• Locked thread