Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Captain Lavender posted:

:mmmhmm:

Also, whoever posted that comic about the bear making GBS threads on the bed should re-think some things.

jones is a werewolf, you racist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Krinkle posted:

Hold! This comic you are posting is wrong! Why are you posting this thing?

Yes, you get the extra dialogue but you still have to fight them and/or see the comics. I hope you have a decent relationship with the Melnorme. (Hellbore cannons will make it all better. Always.)

burial has a new favorite as of 08:03 on Aug 14, 2016

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Woebin posted:

Okay seriously, why the gently caress is hotlinking so rampant again? It's like I'm back on the forums ten years ago or something. Is it no longer against the rules?

I just wanted to say that I am sorry about this and will strive to do better in the future.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
can we please get more owl, witch and cat comics?

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Zzulu posted:

Just to add some balance I'll ask that nobody ever posts those awful 'comics' ever again.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Meg Mog and Owl is like the opposite of Achewood to me. I get them, and I understand them, but somehow I like them less.

I guess it's because it's abundantly clear where the joke begins and ends. With Achewood I kind of like and appreciate that I'm honestly not entirely getting it.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
I don't like Megg Mogg and Owl, although I admit it is a good comic (in terms of being able to create emotion), because it makes me really uncomfortable. Here is a link to Owl's Birthday, which is something a few posts have danced around without specifically sharing:

:nws::nms: http://www.imgur.com/gallery/jMmvI:nms::nws:

Somebody else mentioned that the creator must have had a hosed up life, so I wanted to share this excerpt from an interview, where people talk about the owl getting sexually assaulted on his birthday is just a thing that happens but at least it teaches him to draw boundaries with his friends in the future:

quote:

They are are slowly changing, it seems.
Yeah, well that’s the thing. They’re growing up. It used to be more offensive as well. There’s a horrible one where they put all the stuff on Owl’s bedroom walls, that I’ve just gotten rid of. I still don’t think it was inherently making fun of rape, I don’t know if you know the strip in question.
I’m not sure.
There’s all these rape puns, like movie puns, they put them on Owl’s wall and stuff. I don’t even like talking about it. There’s too much of a hotbed of controversy. I just got rid of it. I don’t want to defend rape humor. I mean there’s the episode as well where they, you know, do that to Owl. It’s actually something that happened to a friend of mine, my bandmate Karl, in Horse Mania, it happened to him on his birthday. It’s just me stealing stories from the scene. But that’s just what happened in Hobart, I mean Hobart was like that. That was the idea of a “humorous prank,” like you know, it was weird alcoholic oddballs pretend to rape their friend on his birthday. Yeah, I feel uncomfortable about some of that material, you know, “edgy” material. I’m just kind of out of it all the time, I’m just plowing through this stuff, sometimes I just don’t have a think about it. I’m not trying to offend people or shock anyone, or be funny with it.
That’s kind of a hard thing when you’re doing a so-called comedy series.
Yeah, it’s not always a comedy though. I find it interesting, there’s a lot of 4chan threads talking about me and lots of different, odd opinions on 4chan, which I don’t even understand, I don’t know what goes on on 4chan, it’s just this confusing modern contraption. They all talk about me on there, there’s the YouTube comment level of activity sometimes. They make me think about it in different ways. They love all those, you know, “Where’s the classic rape joke one?” They love it. That level of fandom is a bit disconcerting. [The comics] are mostly just supposed to be depressing and horrible and just illustrating this horrible behavior between this horrible group and friendship dynamics.
When I read the story about Owl and the “birthday assault,” let’s say, I had to put it down for a bit. But I felt a good resolution in Owl asserting those boundaries.
Yeah. It’s challenging. It’s horrible. But that’s what it was like in Hobart, you know, that’s what happened to my friend Karl, he came round afterwards after it happened. He still hangs out with those guys. One of the people who did that to him just came out to Melbourne last week. He was like, “Oh, the cowboy’s coming over!” All excited. “Oh great, the cowboy!” He’s the horrible feet guy as well, at the party when they have the horrible feet contest, and Werewolf Jones just has these disgusting feet. That was the same guy that was involved in the birthday thing. Just the most disgusting feet. And he was waving that whipper-snapper around really drunk in the back yard. Just dangerous. Bad scene. I don’t know what the guy is doing that Werewolf Jones is kind of based on, with all of the crazy party stuff, I’ve got no idea what happened to that guy. I feel weird about it. I didn’t know whether to put that stuff in the book, like the birthday one with Owl, I didn’t want to totally censor that stuff but I kind of figure it’s part of the series that happened, it’s like an incident in real life. This poo poo happened, but can they move past it? They are growing, they are changing. This poo poo happened. It’s weird, it’s weird defending that stuff, trying to justify it. I don’t know if I’m adding to the problem. Sometimes you’re skirting boundaries, and I don’t want to be Dane Cook.

x

Now for some comics I do find funny, as an advance apology for potentially derailing the thread with more Megg and Mogg talk.

x

TheRecogScene has a new favorite as of 10:40 on Aug 14, 2016

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

man i posted owl's birthday like a 100 pages ago

e: 90 pages http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701090&pagenumber=34&perpage=40#post452143608

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

I thought I may have been first introduced to it by this thread, but I figured everyone joining us now and apparently unfamiliar with Megg and Mogg had missed that.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

i like birthday parties and birthday presents

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I thought I may have been first introduced to it by this thread, but I figured everyone joining us now and apparently unfamiliar with Megg and Mogg had missed that.

yeah it's a good comic so no worries

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That is not something to be proud of.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
meg and mogg is good

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I also have an opinion about a comic.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

I don't know if it's also an American thing but Meg and Mog was a successful children's book series in the U.K. I loved those books and t.v series as a child, and now seeing these comics make me feel weird.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Somebody else mentioned that the creator must have had a hosed up life, so I wanted to share this excerpt from an interview, where people talk about the owl getting sexually assaulted on his birthday is just a thing that happens but at least it teaches him to draw boundaries with his friends in the future:

x

So he's from Tasmania? This explains SO MUCH.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mierenneuker posted:

That is not something to be proud of.

that's ok :)

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

why is that witch and cat thing being posted here i thought this threadwas for funny comics

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
I hate that comic with the witch and the owl and if people keep posting it I'm going to have a tantrum and post Moon Over June.

Zzulu posted:

NO please

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Tiberius Christ posted:

why is that witch and cat thing being posted here i thought this threadwas for funny comics

Because it is funny and interesting, unlike that tripe by Sarah Anderson DudeGoofyGuy posted.

Maybe Family Circus is more your speed?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

These are good comics.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why does the owl even hang around with them?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They got drugs, plus who else is he gonna hang out with???

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

oldpainless posted:

Why does the owl even hang around with them?

I actually know someone in a similar situation. She bitches like crazy about the house where she's renting and the hosed up people the landlord keeps piling in the other rooms and how they'd die if she didn't keep feeding them and how she's been beat up and accidentally shot at and when we say "Just leave those fuckers and get out, you don't owe them anything, you're actually enabling them and allowing them to continue living this way instead of moving on" she says she's "too southern to let anyone starve".
She's also keeping all this off her social media because she doesn't want her family to find out about her living conditions and freak out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sometimes lovely friends are better than no friends

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I don't get why people make poor life choices. Why don't they just make good ones, instead?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

those hosed up groups of "friends" always have that kid who they all poo poo on and he never leaves cause theres nowhere else to go

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Sometimes lovely friends are better than no friends
They actually really aren't, but it can sometimes feel that way.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Now for some comics I do find funny, as an advance apology for potentially derailing the thread with more Megg and Mogg talk.

x

Back when we had a pretentious hipster irony zone, and back when it had a web comics thread, this lady (I think?) was published in a norwegian newspaper for like exactly two weeks and then if you wanted to read her good as hell comics you had to go to deviant art and
that's it you had to go to deviant art. She kept her comic at deviant art. So obviously I haven't seen her in years.

Does she have a real location for her art yet?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Back when we had a pretentious hipster irony zone, and back when it had a web comics thread, this lady (I think?) was published in a norwegian newspaper for like exactly two weeks and then if you wanted to read her good as hell comics you had to go to deviant art and
that's it you had to go to deviant art. She kept her comic at deviant art. So obviously I haven't seen her in years.

http://sarahcandersen.com/

It looks like she also has books.

I found all this out with a quick google search of her name.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I think, perhaps, this isn't the lady I was thinking of. A very similar style but if she went to university of maryland and doesn't mention norway on her thing I think I made a mistake.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
While comics about being a loving goon are always relatable I feel they're getting a bit stale. Like we all know the feeling of "I was going to be productive today but then I dicked around on the computer instead". Also I must have seen 3 loving hundred variations of "woman assaulted by own uterus, representing period"

anyway

if you look closely there are actually 2 rings in this comic

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Pun comics are the best comics.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

OxySnake posted:

Pun comics are the best comics.

agreed

source

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Krinkle posted:

You're thinking of Jellyvampire. She's funny sometimes, I guess.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Thank you so much. Still deviant art though. Wish she got a page with some kind of forward/back button instead of a pile of images in random order.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

• Locked thread