Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wish we could go one season without losing one of our central defensive pairing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

United are apparently in talks to sign Jose Fonte for around £8m which seems like a lot for a 32 year old center half.

£8m is sadly gently caress all for a proven premier league defender that just had a solid Euros performance and came home with a medal, for a team still pretty light on top quality centre backs.

It's early doors for Bailly and Smalling was the only consistently good defender last season.

£8m isn't a lot to spend to reliably plug a gap in the squad.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Aug 14, 2016

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Southampton would be stupid to sell.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hadji murad posted:

Chelsea are loaning Hector leaving us with Cahill, Azpillicueta, Terry and Ivanovich as defenders. Zouma is injured. Aina and Tomori will be stepping up big time. What a loving stupid team.

You forgot superstar Matt Miazga

Shrapnig posted:

United are apparently in talks to sign Jose Fonte for around £8m which seems like a lot for a 32 year old center half.

Congratulations on having Jose Mourinho as a manager, just wait until he signs Ricardo Carvalho.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ninpo posted:

£8m is sadly gently caress all for a proven premier league defender that just had a solid Euros performance and came home with a medal, for a team still pretty light on top quality centre backs.

It's early doors for Bailly and Smalling was the only consistently good defender last season.

£8m isn't a lot to spend to reliably plug a gap in the squad.

Vaguely agreeing with Ninpo. Megastar center backs are a big risk I mean look at what city have grilled on Mangala and Otamendi. Tranfers are broken now anyway. I'm watching the Bournmouth game and still can't believe they paid 15m for Ibe

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

I wish we could go one season without losing one of our central defensive pairing.

Me too, buddy. Me too

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Apparently Villa are close to signing Amadou Diawara for 17m. Not sure who he is but people seem pretty excited.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Frankston posted:

Apparently Villa are close to signing Amadou Diawara for 17m. Not sure who he is but people seem pretty excited.
haha he's way too good for Villa

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

straight up brolic posted:

Also there's the fact that Roma, Napoli and Juve are still in on him

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

trem_two posted:

Also there's the fact that Roma, Napoli and Juve are still in on him
it would send me to silly season heaven if it went through

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

I read that a deal between the clubs has been agreed but it's dependent on the player agreeing to terms now.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Apparently our rivals Derby offered FF £7m to join them and sink our promotion prospects. We got him for £3m and he got 15 goals last term so I'm thinking the best thing for all parties would be for us to accept and send him on his way with a bolito.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

vyelkin posted:

You forgot superstar Matt Miazga

Lol, apparently he rejected Frankfurt (where Hector went instead) for a bench loan to a Premier League team. He must be as dumb as they say, Championship would be hard going for him.

And apparently Remy is going to Lyon.

We're hosed worse than last year but we have a better coach at least.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Crystal Palace are apparently going to try for Sissoko with their Bolasie cash. Gonna be cool to see Sissoko walking around the pitch and not giving a poo poo again.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

hadji murad posted:

Chelsea are loaning Hector leaving us with Cahill, Azpillicueta, Terry and Ivanovich as defenders. Zouma is injured. Aina and Tomori will be stepping up big time. What a loving stupid team.

I really like Aina and hope he gets time. Cahill however can go gently caress off and I'd really like to sign a CB.

Izzy Brown and Blackman have finally found loans as well, I believe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

blue footed boobie posted:

Crystal Palace are apparently going to try for Sissoko with their Bolasie cash. Gonna be cool to see Sissoko walking around the pitch and not giving a poo poo again.

lol i hope this happens

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Didn't Sissoko play well under Pardew?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I really like Aina and hope he gets time. Cahill however can go gently caress off and I'd really like to sign a CB.

Izzy Brown and Blackman have finally found loans as well, I believe.

I'm confident Chelsea will sign a centerback and a striker. Tho I think Cahill should be ok this season as a squad player, and maybe even next season as a 4th choice CB behind Zouma/new CB/Christensen. I really want a new LB as well. Too bad Felipe Luis couldn't have stuck around for another season.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Bolasie to Everton is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/765167431383785472

I am a big fan of Bolasie's chaotic and sometimes brilliant wing play, I think he will do really well at Everton.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Just hope that Palace now bite the bullet on Benteke

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

tarbrush posted:

Just hope that Palace now bite the bullet on Benteke

The dream, even if liverpool loses a few million who cares

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
There are some rumblings that the deal for Mustafi is breaking down. Ornstein just tweeted that Arsenal are now considering a move for...Simon Kjaer?!?!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

There are some rumblings that the deal for Mustafi is breaking down.

I'm shocked. Shocked.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

There are some rumblings that the deal for Mustafi is breaking down. Ornstein just tweeted that Arsenal are now considering a move for...Simon Kjaer?!?!

I've always said we needed more FM wonderkids who failed to live up to the hype.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

not really

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/765233743594418177
https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/765234398799261696

sounds more like negotiating tactics than anything else tbqh

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Right. Apparently the breaking down part is coming from Spanish radio. I only referenced the Ornstein tweets because signing kjaer would be hilarious.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sounds like absolutely nothing is happening except for Kjaer.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I'm confident Chelsea will sign a centerback and a striker. Tho I think Cahill should be ok this season as a squad player, and maybe even next season as a 4th choice CB behind Zouma/new CB/Christensen. I really want a new LB as well. Too bad Felipe Luis couldn't have stuck around for another season.

He's a fine squad player but that's not what he wants and he made that very apparent last season before Zouma got hurt. I too wish we had Luis around, too bad Mou stonewalled him for some odd reason (except for Europe time). He's very good.

I just really hope Aina impresses early so we aren't stuck with Ivanovic/Azpil as fullbacks all year. Although if we sign a CB and Zouma comes back I could see him shifting to a 3 at the back.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Right. Apparently the breaking down part is coming from Spanish radio. I only referenced the Ornstein tweets because signing kjaer would be hilarious.

again, it sounds for all the world like "we'll just go after these guys if you won't lower your fee..." and not an actual possibility

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wicka posted:

again, it sounds for all the world like "we'll just go after these guys if you won't lower your fee..." and not an actual possibility

You know drat well that this is going to end with a deadline day move for someone like Kjaer.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You know drat well that this is going to end with a deadline day move for someone like Kjaer.

it literally won't

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Arsenal are probably making bids lower than ones already rejected

*theres no value in the market*

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the last CB wenger panic bought on deadline day was mertesacker ffs. the dude's a bit delusional but he's not retarded, he's not completely incapable of scouting players.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah it's not like Arsenal had a couple months to sign players already or anything.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

Yeah it's not like Arsenal had a couple months to sign players already or anything.

this is the most classic wenger thing. he probably thinks he can wait for various nonexistent dominos to fall and make another ozil-like signing on deadline day.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

If I had to guess, the names being released are a negotiation tactic to help get Mustafi's price closer to where Arsenal want it. This is the first we've heard of any interest in those players and the stuff Ornstein leaks out usually comes directly from the club.

Or I could be wrong and Arsenal sign Simon loving Kjaer.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Kjaer? Is it 2010 again already?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wicka posted:

the last CB wenger panic bought on deadline day was mertesacker ffs. the dude's a bit delusional but he's not retarded, he's not completely incapable of scouting players.

He signed Park Chu Young and Andre Santos that very same week.

Akileese posted:

If I had to guess, the names being released are a negotiation tactic to help get Mustafi's price closer to where Arsenal want it. This is the first we've heard of any interest in those players and the stuff Ornstein leaks out usually comes directly from the club.

Or I could be wrong and Arsenal sign Simon loving Kjaer.

It seems obvious that he's waiting until the end of the window when he thinks all of the teams get desperate to offload their players and he can cash in on the deals. The problem is that big deadline day deals are getting fewer and fewer every year. That's why his last few deadline day transfers have been Welbeck and Kim Kallstrom with a literal broken back.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Arsene will probably sign a defender of some sort because it's way to loving obvious, but will then not sign the scoring/creative winger and center forward that's been required for literal years. Theo will continue to be indulged as someone that can actually improve his game despite not doing that for 10 years before another knee injury, Ox will be inconsistent/bad before getting hurt for months, Wilshere will do the same, and Ozil/Alexis will drag the team to 4th not sign new contracts and leave in 2 years because why the gently caress would you stay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He signed Park Chu Young and Andre Santos that very same week.

legendary central defenders

• Locked thread