Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in life?
This poll is closed.
Idols 44 15.22%
Baps 77 26.64%
Robots 72 24.91%
3d 38 13.15%
Touhous 58 20.07%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

*looks around confusedly*

What the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Sometimes I wonder if the only reason I'm deeply into anime at all is because of my autism. The thought saddens me and threatens to make me think that only the mentally handicapped could enjoy the wonders of this huge genre. That and the word 'autistic' keeps getting thrown about online (4chan *cough*) in an exceedingly negative light and I wonder if that's discrimination.

[Racial Slur]

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

*looks around confusedly*

What the

It's alright Orv

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:wotwot:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

That's me

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

fwiw the autism is probably what drove you to get the gas mask though

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dzhay posted:

Which ocean?

Also who is the baggy sleeves girl who gets posted occasionally?

this one.

Koume from iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab posted:

fwiw the autism is probably what drove you to get the gas mask though
I had just bought MGSV and thought that kid Psycho Mantis with the mask looked cool so,
I had one of my dad's friends give me their WW2 gas mask like a costume prop.
What propelled me to show it to you guys was an attempt to create a goldmine.

What kind of humor is needed to goldmine threads anyway?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Grouchio posted:

I had just bought MGSV and thought that kid Psycho Mantis with the mask looked cool so,

Hahaha, goldmine.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Good posts

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hahaha, goldmine.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

self owning is def. not the way

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hahaha, goldmine.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Grouchio, have you considered possibly eating a giant mini-wheat on video and posting it in the thread for notoriety?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Grouchio, have you considered possibly eating a giant mini-wheat on video and posting it in the thread for notoriety?
+ singing the anime chat thread rap

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Praise namtab

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We have a thread rap?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I would receive an allergic reaction from wheat if I did so no, not that it would change my mind if it didn't.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

We have a thread rap?

We will

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

*grouchio enters wearing authentic psycho mantis cosplay replica which is actually just a bong gasmask with the pipe removed*

all other posters: Straight to the goldmine baby!!!! :bubblewoop::bubblewoop::jiggled::woop::woop:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Grouchio posted:

I would receive an allergic reaction from wheat if I did so no, not that it would change my mind if it didn't.

These are the sacrifices that need to be made for the goldmine

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Get a thread goldmined quick! Just 3 easy steps! Doctors hate it!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

We have a thread rap?
holy crap you guys, sakurazuka doesn't know the rap

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Red Minjo posted:

Get a thread goldmined quick! Just 3 easy steps! Doctors hate it!

gently caress doctors.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

holy crap you guys, sakurazuka doesn't know the rap

It's like school all over again :(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the thread rap is about how much anime and namtab owns, and how the mod is a giant weenie

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is this the anime rap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPXKfGxeHIY

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

woah

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

:aaa:

how did i not notice that until now

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Sometimes I wonder if the only reason I'm deeply into anime at all is because of my autism. The thought saddens me and threatens to make me think that only the mentally handicapped could enjoy the wonders of this huge genre. That and the word 'autistic' keeps getting thrown about online (4chan *cough*) in an exceedingly negative light and I wonder if that's discrimination.

Lots of autistic people don't like anime, so it's probably at least autism + some other factor.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

is this one of those unsourced quotes things again

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Grouchio posted:

im gonna throw up

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

im gonna throw up

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dzhay posted:

Lots of autistic people don't like anime, so it's probably at least autism + some other factor.

lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Here's my hot take, as a person who actually has Autism.

1. You like Anime. That is not because of Autism, but because you like Anime. It's probably true that you got obsessed with it because of your Autism/ Aspergers, because a common trait of if is becoming profoundly invested in a hobby or subject. I'm willing to say that I'm probably in the same boat as you about that. But here's the thing: We all have hobbies, so enjoy them as long as you aren't hurting anyone or yourself.

2. Ignore slurs. People are always going to use words like "human being" "retarded" and " autistic" incorrectly as an insult because they are so effective as insults. Don't make it personal; Don't get a rise out of what some random person in the world says about you; it will just likely make things worse. This can be hard, because most people with Autism are more easily provoked to get defensive, myself included, and that's because the brain structure is slightly different in people with Autism. The good news is, you can train yourself to let things go and not get a rise out of them.

3. Don't be depressed that you enjoy Anime to the degree you do because of your autism; Be happy that there is this silver lining. Also, who says you need to be mentally handicapped? Most of us who post here are just fine, and have regular lives, and enjoy anime. In fact, don't think of your Autism as a disability; think of it as a unique trait that let's you see the world differently.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

but also, anime is good

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
As a side note, you probably didn't even realize that you were indirectly insulting each of us here by saying that the reason why we all like anime here, and why a sizeable chunk of Japan likes anime, is because we have brain disorders.

As my father would say: "Pull your head out of your rear end!"

a cartoon duck posted:

anime is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

• Locked thread