Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
poo poo before, sex after. Carbs before protein after. It's not hard people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

P-Mack posted:

I had sex with a woman before working out today and every lift was weak as poo poo. How do I fix this? Salami?

I don't know, I don't think many women like cured meats in their cooters.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
There's this new fat guy who's been lifting at my gym late at night. I don't think he's washed his workout clothes since the first time I've seen him here. I seriously cannot accurately describe this guy's stench with words, by far the worst BO I have ever encountered out in the wild. If I had to stand around him longer than 10 seconds I would probably violently puke all over the place.

How are people not aware of their own stink??? Particularly of a stink of this magnitude.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Like holy loving poo poo it was so bad. This guy's stink aura was at least 20 feet, and it lingered for a long time after he'd leave the room too. Totally ruined deadlift night :argh: sitting at home and I'm still feeling nauseous.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
You deserve to suffer if you're just going to let it happen

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Talk to him about it

or if you're a huge pussy, talk to the managers about it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-Someone-at-Work-that-They-Smell-Bad

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i added in bent over rows on my bench days. i haven't been hitting back enough. the weird thing is it felt like just holding the position itself was just as hard as the rowing motion. I'm guessing that's because it's new to me and i'll get used to it fast. didn't gently caress with my back injury at all either. doc said I could lift all I want as long as it doesnt hurt

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Does betn over rows do a lot differently thn sitting rows? Is it like, stabilizors and stuff??

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Not sure. I tried seated cable rows a bit back and it hurt my shoulders(although it was the attachment for a close grip) which is weird, my shoulders always feel pretty good with other poo poo. Also I already do facepulls and pulldowns with a cable, just kind of wanted a compound barbell pull to go with my BP and OHP.

e: i also told the doc about how my knee hurts when i squat sometimes but only after working a shift. he said it can be tricky figuring out issues like that but if he had to guess that my outer quad might be a good deal stronger than my VMO(inner tear drop quad muscle) and said to add some weighted lunges in and see if that helped. Either way I think I"m going to be good, since I scaled my beer drinking back and started taking fish oil ,the past few leg workouts I've done had either very minor or no knee pain at all.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Aug 16, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Constipated posted:

There's this new fat guy who's been lifting at my gym late at night. I don't think he's washed his workout clothes since the first time I've seen him here. I seriously cannot accurately describe this guy's stench with words, by far the worst BO I have ever encountered out in the wild. If I had to stand around him longer than 10 seconds I would probably violently puke all over the place.

How are people not aware of their own stink??? Particularly of a stink of this magnitude.

He's trying to stink everyone out of the gym so he can have it to himself. Criminal mastermind.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So apparently the gym at my school is closed for the week.

Didn't stop me from working out. After not having worked out consistently since may, getting back to the gym feels goooood.

Also snarled at some people who also used the technically closed gym but didn't re-rack their weights. "Oh thanks, we almost forgot!" as they were walking out. Come the gently caress on, the least we can do it leave he gym clean. We're not even supposed to be there this week.

At least they did it.

E: I'm a dumb idiot who can't type.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 16, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Does betn over rows do a lot differently thn sitting rows? Is it like, stabilizors and stuff??

Glutes

You get to use a barbell

You can do it in the squat rack

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

How the hell are you going to row when you're sitting? Is the barbell supposed to magically pass through your legs on the way up?

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

notZaar posted:

How the hell are you going to row when you're sitting? Is the barbell supposed to magically pass through your legs on the way up?

They become curls, the best exercise

Also one time the top of a pull up bar smelled like old hockey gloves which, in case you don't know, is like BO x 1000. It only happened that one time, and I never figured out how it was possible, but every rep was like pulling my face in to the taint of a 400lb man who hadn't showered in millennia

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

notZaar posted:

I think he meant on a rowing machine

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SpeedyCow posted:

They become curls, the best exercise

Also one time the top of a pull up bar smelled like old hockey gloves which, in case you don't know, is like BO x 1000. It only happened that one time, and I never figured out how it was possible, but every rep was like pulling my face in to the taint of a 400lb man who hadn't showered in millennia

And THAT is why I wear gloves in the gym even on the padded stuff. Anything that reduces my skin contact with stuff a thousand unwashed sweaty fat people have touched is something I am going to do.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

GORDON posted:

And THAT is why I wear gloves in the gym even on the padded stuff. Anything that reduces my skin contact with stuff a thousand unwashed sweaty fat people have touched is something I am going to do.

Everything is covered in germs and poo poo.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

GORDON posted:

I sneeze on the handles of every machine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I work in the lifting glove factory and you better believe I jerk off into every pair.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

GORDON posted:

lol look at dis post

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You need bacteria to make ur body resistant and strong and good

embrace the bacteria

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
A dare all of you to post pics of yourselves licking the equipment and show how swole it is making your immune systems. :-D

Bonus if there is also salami in the pic.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao if you think I'm gonna doxx myself on SA.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

GORDON posted:

A dare all of you to post pics of yourselves licking the equipment and show how swole it is making your immune systems. :-D

Bonus if there is also salami in the pic.

This is my routine

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is salami a gay culture meme?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

sassassin posted:

Is salami a gay culture meme?

It's a swole culture meme

so yes

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Leg day

See video below

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 16, 2016

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4DDZqGm2k

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Lol if you're not contributing to the decades old sweat and skin build up in the knurling just lol.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Lol if you're not contributing to the decades old sweat and skin build up in the knurling just lol.

of course you contribute - its how u get the best patina

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I think that's the gym from "Ray Donovan"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Leg day

See video below

Is the joke that the song's called 'shots and squats' and not a single squat was performed in the video?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I had an argument with my lifting buddy. We were trying box squats and I was trying to convice him that the point is to sit on the box and relax the leg muscles completely. He thinks the box is just where you stop your butt and immediately stand back up without resting. Who is correct?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Youre right, his way is just a not full rom squat

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the box is there for you to look at so that you are reminded to think outside the box when working out and thus increasing your gains

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I thought the box was a hygienic way to catch the meaty contents of your prolapsed anus and colon when it shoots out of the leg hole of your shorts. Also salami storage.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Keep your sick loving fetishes to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

GORDON posted:

sassassin posted:

I work in the lifting glove factory and you better believe I jerk off into every pair.

Good thing I use old baseball gloves. Thin enough that it doesn't affect lifting, thick enough that I'm not touching that gross-rear end handle.

• Locked thread