Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

is plays.tv broken or something? its taking a million years to upload my clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

okay i got it working check out my sick outplay http://plays.tv/video/57b01ddce5824d8ee2/yoink

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
According to Riot Games, asking players to report a toxic player is a form of bullying punishable by a ban so in other words if you ask for the other team to help report a player threatening your mother, you're actually just as bad and bullying someone.

Further, their alternative to asking for an x9 is:

quote:

Take five minutes to add someone and talk to them after game. Perhaps do some customs to help them learn a champion, or how to gank or how to use vision.

It really seems like people making decisions at Riot sometimes never even play their own game. Unless they're playing on their Riot accounts in which case 9 times out of 10 a toxic player will probably suck up if a Rioter gave them that kind of attention.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 14, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you should play singed in ascension if you have the chance. it's fun and dead easy. remember to get tear and frostfang.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

RealFoxy posted:

According to Riot Games, asking players to report a toxic player is a form of bullying punishable by a ban so in other words if you ask for the other team to help report a player threatening your mother, you're actually just as bad and bullying someone.

It really seems like people making decisions at Riot sometimes never even play their own game. Unless they're playing on their Riot accounts in which case 9 times out of 10 a toxic player will probably suck up if a Rioter gave them that kind of attention.

i just quietly report them and i've gotten two punishment popups in as many days so i guess the system works, occasionally?

this isn't saying that riot's psychology around their punishment system isn't totally hosed but i'm mostly just happy to see that maybe something is happening about it

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 14, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
boxbox did another riven cosplay, and its horrifyingly good. he is hitting bischu levels of trapping on this one.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
In all fairness, I'm pretty sure rito is talking about people who try to brute force reports on someone they dont like for some silly reason. Similar to assholes who trade reports with the enemy team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in a game last week i was doing wolves bc the bot lane wasnt safe to farm, and our master yi got mad at me for doing wolves, so to get revenge he runs into the bot lane and takes a few farm and then dies bc he was past river with no tier 1 turret or vision. he spent the rest of the game asking the enemy team to report me for being a bad adc. thats my story about people asking for reports

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Take five minutes to add someone and talk to them after game. Perhaps do some customs to help them learn a champion, or how to gank or how to use vision.

Hey pal, I know you spent the last 15 minutes running into the enemy fountain while calling our entire team feeding faggots not fit to lick your taint and that we're the only reason your stuck in this rating and that the jungler should of dedicated his life to camping your lane so you didn't die 1vs1 within 60 seconds of laning starting, but how about we load up a custom together and I'll give you some advice and pointers that I'm 100% sure you'll be open to listening to?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RealFoxy posted:

that quote is beautiful lmao

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
one of these days maybe I'll effortpost on how Riot has basically made me not want to play LoL anymore

given how much time i've invested in it that's loving sad

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the combination of letting employees be really open about stuff when responding to the community while also have a large number of teams that don't have much internal communication is a deadly one and the finest way to enjoy the League of Legends is to not pay attention to the man behind the curtain because they're a retard

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Hey pal, I know you spent the last 15 minutes running into the enemy fountain while calling our entire team feeding faggots not fit to lick your taint and that we're the only reason your stuck in this rating and that the jungler should of dedicated his life to camping your lane so you didn't die 1vs1 within 60 seconds of laning starting, but how about we load up a custom together and I'll give you some advice and pointers that I'm 100% sure you'll be open to listening to?

Im p sure they mean that this person asking for reports is the one that needs to chill out, not the people they're abusing

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
video of a riot employee being mugged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMinLmhP4Hw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one time i carried a game as zac jungle so a guy asked me to show him my jungle pathing in a bot match and he spent the entire game detailing his graphic sex fantasy about riven while i was ganking bots

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

one time i carried a game as zac jungle so a guy asked me to show him my jungle pathing in a bot match and he spent the entire game detailing his graphic sex fantasy about riven while i was ganking bots

sounds about right for a moba player, esp. if they knew you were not of the penis-privileged

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf its probably better than most people get when they do that 'show them what to do in a custom game' thing

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

Luna Was Here posted:

boxbox did another riven cosplay, and its horrifyingly good. he is hitting bischu levels of trapping on this one.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Boxbox is pretty hot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I stopped playing league for a while (overwatch and factorio came out, basically). What's the good tank jungler route these days? Is it still gruul -> blue -> wolves -> red -> gank or has the mets switched back to starting with buffs?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Born down in a dead mans plate
The only cs I get is from zzzzrots gate
All my team mates grouped in mid typing push!!!!
Till I spend the game standing in a bush

Born in Damacia I was born, in Damacia

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

RealFoxy posted:

Oh come on, it's really obvious why they do this. 75% of League games basically end with 2-3 morons spamming "Report X."

It gets old really fast, and people who do it are just as toxic to the game as anyone who actually talks poo poo.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

SlyFrog posted:

Oh come on, it's really obvious why they do this. 75% of League games basically end with 2-3 morons spamming "Report X."

It gets old really fast, and people who do it are just as toxic to the game as anyone who actually talks poo poo.

Nah, that's stupid as gently caress sorry

RYang
Dec 5, 2012
The problem is that "report gnar" half the time means "Hey, other team, not sure if you've noticed he hasn't shown up since 5:00 but gnar has been /dancing in fountain shouting slightly misspelled racial slurs the entire game instead of playing, please report him" and the other half means "Hey, other team, gnar went 0/3 in lane and wouldn't help me 1v5 your entire team in your bot jungle for no reason, report this feeding mongoloid homosexual for ruining my hard-carry"

The first should be allowed, the second shouldn't. Riot has forbidden them both because riot is too stupid to tell the difference, and they can't make the first unnecessary because they can't figure out how to make the "AFK player" autoban notice if a player is technically still connected and pressing buttons but only doing so behind their own nexus turrets.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe they should watch games that have high amount of reports but that would involve effort

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Maybe u should stop being so toxic and blame other. Change begins with yourself.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't ever see or deliver requests for reports because there's zero reason to ever talk to the opposing team in a game of league of legends and all chat should be disabled by default.

Riot is probably trying to crack down on it because it's loving obnoxious to have two people on your team flaming each other and threatening to report each other and all the time spent talking about who should be reported is time spent not concentrating on winning the game.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

It's more pleasant to talk to the enemy team than it is to talk to your own team a vast majority of the time

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

It's more pleasant to talk to the enemy team than it is to talk to your own team a vast majority of the time

I use all chat when jungling to put enemy carries on tilt. If, say, a mid Zed complains about being camped I ask where his tent is so I can borrow it.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

oh riot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking forward to the rengar rework where they accidentally replace the ! with that

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'd never stop playing rengar

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

To be fair (and I wanna make this 100% clear I pretty much never use team chat outside of announcing cooldowns, if I think a player is bad I'll just whine to my friends on skype not in game) i have seen teammates who we're doing super lovely and getting mad at me/other teamates go to /all chat more often to "report abuse" than I've seen people in /all chat reporting legit abuse. It's straight up a "I'm going to tattle first' kind of issue and 99% of the time the person whining in allchat about another player is in fact the person who started the fight in the first place. i totally respect a rule against that poo poo because the reality is the other team hasn't seen your team chat and doesn't know the context, they have no legit place in getting involved in your drama.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Why would the enemy team care why they should report someone from your team? Pretty sure it makes no difference if they are reported by 3 people or 6.

Also, most of the time "report x" means "we lost and I have to put the blame on somebody, also I don't know what feeding means"

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm listening to a 16 year old album by Phoenix right now and one of the lines of the song is:

But I'm feeding the enemy
I'm in league with the foe

Basically, I'm saying Phoenix prophesied my life.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Important League of Legends news: imaqtpie is streaming in a suit. Carry on.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't know who that is, but it's me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i just noticed that hashinshin and montecristo look and act pretty similar and are probably long lost twin brothers

• Locked thread