Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Drunk Canuck posted:

After that embarrassing performance, NADota should shut down permanently.

I'm sure PPD is crying into his ATM balance receipts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

Drunk Canuck posted:

After that embarrassing performance, NADota should shut down permanently.

NA teams took home over 5 million in prizes from TI6. Embarrassing poo poo tbh

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Aight lets post compendium brackets. Come out to be laughed at, fellow EU team pickers.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

[img] http://i.imgur.com/a6dQoeP.jpg[/img]
Me w/ icefrog

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

you look like a retarded david cross

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm worse

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I met LD, and he's a way better friend than all of u, and basically you hosed it up.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Hey nano did you lose your hair from having to play with stoutfish lmao

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

irc doesnt miss you, but someone did ask about you recently which was hosed up tbh

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

irc doesnt miss you, but someone did ask about you recently which was hosed up tbh

Tell them I died

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
we can only dream

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Did u become a skull because europe failed out and NA is the strongest region lmao

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Nanomashoes posted:

Did u become a skull because europe failed out and NA is the strongest region lmao

China won my dude did u get sunstroke on your bald-rear end head???

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Nanomashoes posted:

I met LD, and he's a way better friend than all of u, and basically you hosed it up.

did you tell him to come loving post again

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Fell asleep during the GF but now I've just watched all of the VODs and holy poo poo... Wings is loving amazing. Props to DC for making it all the way, though, but these last 3 games were brutal as hell. It almost feels like Wings just treated game 1 as a warm-up game.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the wings gaming are great, but they've never beaten demon 'jimmy' ho.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wings gaming ruined the end of Ti thanks to their complete lack of emotional and googly eyes

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
like can we have a chinese international but just keep the chinese teams there and don't let eu/na/cis/sea go there since china is a joyless loving country full of dead eyed robots

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I went back and watched Wings's win against Liquid in ESL Frankfurt a few months ago. It's so hilarious to see every caster but Winter chuckling their way through the draft, joking about the nerfed Tusk and the rarely seen Veno and the Alch pick out of nowhere. And then 30 minutes later Aghs come out for everyone and Liquid is being Walrus Kicked around their own base simply for BM. :getin:

It also seems obvious now much the last iteration on Secret relied on Misery for drafting strats. Countering all those perfect Universe initiations that make you guys cum by picking a whole bunch of tanky heroes and a Naga support to put him to sleep is the kind of thing I'd expect the last Secret to do, and if they did I'd probably be calling Puppey a genius again for countering and putting down Dota's #1 Chronoman. It didn't work in the main event, but apparently Shadow has bash RNG luck that Universe can only dream of.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I'm glad the best team won and you people with your limpdicked region slapfights are hilarious, good to see e-sports brings out the dumbest in people just like real sports do.

TI7 has pretty big shoes to fill if it wants to outdo this one, it was a real cool tournament this year.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Cabbit posted:

Oh poo poo Icefrog is.. some dude named Abdul.. I guess. :confused:

Is his name supposed to be a revelation or something. I feel no different knowing it now than I did before not knowing it.

He needs to hide himself because the of the incredibly polite and friendly DotA2 community. I'm sure they'd treat him with respect and kindness when they doxxed him and he made a balance choice they didn't agree with.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
http://bbs.sgamer.com/thread-13121119-1-1.html bAHSdbhASdbJHASLDBJHKLASdb

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Best ti ever, all Chinese teams put on notice and hopefully they should start playing and picking like wings (they prob won't)

EU full disband

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

What's the meaning of this

Something about Na dota being lovely idk google translate sucks

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hey wait a sec, that aint ur team artour!!!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Nanomashoes posted:

You seem ok. Glad you had fun at TI.

drunken officeparty posted:

a few months ago the cofounder of Riot made a big official post on reddit about random League drama and in it he casually name dropped froggo and confirmed his name is Abdul Ismail which was long rumored to be him anyway for other reasons

LMFAO wHo cAREAS HAHA Xd.

For real tho, no one cares or should care.

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

Very excited for the post TI reshuffle. Has there been any indication when the roster locks will kick in with the new major schedule?

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

did you tell him to come loving post again

all he ever did was post his stream

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Captain No-mates posted:

Very excited for the post TI reshuffle. Has there been any indication when the roster locks will kick in with the new major schedule?

Nah, but I think they're pretty lax for other majors compared to TI.

If rtz and EE are both still on Secret come the next major, it will have to come at the lrice of Bulba and pld leaving.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zurreco posted:

If rtz and EE are both still on Secret come the next major,

I sure hope so. It's hilarious.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Whatever else happens, I hope Secret and/or RTZ continue to get spectacularly shot down in flames.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

at the rate secret has been going they'll probably lose the qualifiers this year

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
How does a totalitarian government like China handle a bunch of kids getting 10mil USD wired to them? I can't imagine it ends favorably for the players.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jerk McJerkface posted:

How does a totalitarian government like China handle a bunch of kids getting 10mil USD wired to them? I can't imagine it ends favorably for the players.

About the same way a totalitarian government like USA does, I'd guess.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

neither is totalitarian. they're both police states.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The meta this year was friendship.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

he ditched me i didn't ditch him.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

emdash posted:

What's the meaning of this

Something about Na dota being lovely idk google translate sucks

More like NADota is salty, ppd is extra salty, they wanted fans to cheat and warn eg whenever wings was smoked, baiting, or roshing, and ppd is a white pig? idk.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Nanomashoes posted:

You're hosed up [Also LD left us after goons made him what he was over just being another goon. he betrayed us all. Also don't believe that nice guy bullshit, he was just doing his job at that place]

Tell them I died

YOU'RE hosed up

Frijolero posted:

The meta this year was friendship.

This is hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
DC is 4 European players and 1 American, but I guess everyone pegs them as American because they're owned by Sunsfan or something lol

• Locked thread