Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeb!
Feb 3, 2016

My dad is the greatest man I've ever known and if you don't think so we can step outside.
Yo, dawg, I told you. Over and over: "I can fix it." And I could have. But noooooooooooooooo -- you happen to awkwardly hunch your shoulders a couple of times and never forget about the space shuttle disaster of whenever-it-was and all of a sudden all of a sudden your so-called base is voting for the Angry Yam who argues for sending out retard squads of Spetspaz to disappear voters as they go to their polling places this November.

That's rich. Here's a guy who can't summon up the courage to write a single check for a television ad and I'm the one branded "low engergy." gently caress me, I hope you all choke on a guac bowl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSIJfKNBBcw

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh man, is he eating this?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jan Brewer was on CNN defending Trump and attacking media coverage and Jake Tapper reply is brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7nBgoGtxhQ&ebc=ANyPxKoAR4yK_cBH9sNNXIwZHR21J8J5CUz-01kyyfCl5yEq5rpUZmOnfWr18jmL5yGPvYtXt-Pz

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Wait, where did the sheriff's star from David Duke's version go?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
It was ....... removed.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Istvun posted:

Wait, where did the sheriff's star from David Duke's version go?

Pivot!

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Mirthless posted:

Having worked IT jobs at hospitals and with medical research doctors I can say with a great deal of certainty that most of the people in the medical profession know dick and all about anything outside of their own profession, have terrible opinions about a lot of things, and often believe a wide variety of hokey crap that doesn't make any goddamn sense. When you are dealing with a level of specialization that narrow in a profession that consuming it doesn't give you a lot of room to think about other viewpoints than your own and when you have spent as much time being educated as you have you are even less likely to accept being wrong.

Never argue politics with a Doctor, you will wish you had done literally anything else with that amount of time

Never argue politics with *any person, in any profession*, you will wish you had done literally anything else with that amount of time

ftfy.

People get really indignant at doctors for some reason, especially IT workers that think they know everything about some other profession because they installed the latest edition of Microsoft Office on a Medical Research Doctors computer

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Trump will be addressing the Value Voters Summit in September, 59 days before the election. This is the first time a Republican nominee for president has addressed the Values Voter Summit since its inception in 2006.

The attendees and sponsors are a who's who of lovely people with pleasant ideologies.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jeb! posted:

Yo, dawg, I told you. Over and over: "I can fix it." And I could have. But noooooooooooooooo -- you happen to awkwardly hunch your shoulders a couple of times and never forget about the space shuttle disaster of whenever-it-was and all of a sudden all of a sudden your so-called base is voting for the Angry Yam who argues for sending out retard squads of Spetspaz to disappear voters as they go to their polling places this November.

That's rich. Here's a guy who can't summon up the courage to write a single check for a television ad and I'm the one branded "low engergy." gently caress me, I hope you all choke on a guac bowl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR1FRqvn-4A&t=12s

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

Odd that Obama raised ridiculous amounts of money through small direct contributions. The establishment also loved him.

Your theory does not appear to match the data.

For Obama's 2012 race on $234 million out of 1.1 billion was funded by small individual contributions.

Mitten's by comparison was 80 million out of 1.2 billion raised.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

God. What a dolt. I remember when he spent 20 minutes ranting about how panhandlers didn't have to pay income taxes and it was unfair or something.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

oystertoadfish posted:

oh by the way it always interested me how feingold exploited the PAC system for personal gain during his time out of office - or is that something i'm supposed to not believe because republicans are the ones saying it? it's a pretty specific claim from that tea party article (this one http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/tea-party-pacs-ideas-death-214164)

and the source linked there - a milwaukee newspaper http://archive.jsonline.com/watchdog/noquarter/russ-feingolds-pac-funded-salaries-for-former-staffers-himself-b99518602z1-307322531.html

this potentially supports my belief that like athletes or other celebrities, politicians are not role models and you shouldn't invest emotions in them imo

Uh keeping an actual political organization going in-between elections is a good thing, I mean the alternative here is something Hillary gets raked over the coals for (her years at the Rose Law Firm, among other periods) and your staffers scatter to the winds.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Do It Once Right posted:

Trump will be addressing the Value Voters Summit in September, 59 days before the election. This is the first time a Republican nominee for president has addressed the Values Voter Summit since its inception in 2006.

The attendees and sponsors are a who's who of lovely people with pleasant ideologies.

wait no other GOP nomanies have? why? they are that bad?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/764858085731082240

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Imagine if you will a CPAC like event but somehow even more loathsome

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

etalian posted:

For Obama's 2012 race on $234 million out of 1.1 billion was funded by small individual contributions.

Mitten's by comparison was 80 million out of 1.2 billion raised.

Nice that you ignored 2008, which is when it mattered and is the most direct comparison to Bernie 2016.

Source of Funds
code:
Individual contributions 	$656,357,572 	88%
PAC contributions        	$1,830     	0%
Candidate self-financing 	$0 	        0%
Federal Funds           	$0      	0%
Other 	                        $88,626,223 	12%

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Jeb! posted:

Forgive me JEB!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

What will Jeb! fix next?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
JEB! I've changed my mind please come back.

Please.

FIX THIS

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

Please.

FIX THIS

yikes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/674319725174890497

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Boosted_C5 posted:

Please.

FIX THIS

JEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Deteriorata posted:

Nice that you ignored 2008, which is when it mattered and is the most direct comparison to Bernie 2016.

Source of Funds
code:
Individual contributions 	$656,357,572 	88%
PAC contributions        	$1,830     	0%
Candidate self-financing 	$0 	        0%
Federal Funds           	$0      	0%
Other 	                        $88,626,223 	12%

Small individual contributions accounted for 32% of Obama's total, and 59% of Sanders'.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"Miss Me Yet?"
-Jeb!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They are a slurry of conspiracy theories. Anti-muslim, anti-gay, white supremacy. It's a lot of baggage to associate yourself with that close to the general. If this was a normal campaign, Trump would have already quietly kissed the rings of these people one-on-one. There's just too many options for irrational soundbytes from luminaries like Michelle Bachmann or Louie Gohmert.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boosted_C5 posted:

Please.

FIX THIS

Shoulda worn the hat you drat coward

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Epic High Five posted:

No sense in bilking Bernouts, there's always more room for grift on the conservative side of things.

Grifting has become basically the only external campaigning options for the GOP since...oh man, 2004 at least. It's like a tumor that's grown so large that it outweighs the host 4:1

Grifting on the Left is still incredibly easy and profitable, it just pretends to be targeted at corporations or the environment instead of at politicians. My neighborhood gets several visits a year from various "sign this petition to tell KFC to ban Monsanto GMO frankenchickens (be sure to put your email!)" paid doorknocker people only hit neighbors that I know voted in the democratic primary. I have no doubt that if I were to ever be dumb enough to actually give them any information that I'd get flooded with other fundraising pitches and eventually would find myself on a bunch of bullshit "natural cures!"

The left mainly lacks poo poo like Fox News and talk radio which have been the real enablers of the right wing grifting machine.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

Please.

FIX THIS

you abandoned him, boosted.

there are many things the bush dynasty will forgive. demanding one of their trophy wives leaving the country. calling them low-energy. doing 9/11. but they do not forgive those who abandoned them.

the only question now is when the sword of Chang separates your faithless head from the fat rolls that were once its neck, will it be wearing the hat.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/764859683094032386

lol

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

sharkbomb posted:

Never argue politics with *any person, in any profession*, you will wish you had done literally anything else with that amount of time

ftfy.

People get really indignant at doctors for some reason, especially IT workers that think they know everything about some other profession because they installed the latest edition of Microsoft Office on a Medical Research Doctors computer

I didn't say that, lol

The more narrow somebody's specialization is, the less time they have to devote to other pursuits. I'm not trying to bash on the educated, but people who spend 10-20 years getting to a position that requires a great deal of expertise are naturally going to take umbrage at the idea that they're wrong, and I haven't had a lot of experiences to say otherwise, and I've dealt with literally hundreds of these people. :shrug: Not a lot of doctors understand computers very well, that's a fact. I don't expect them to! I don't sneer at them for it! But it's very likely that a doctor of X knows X really well and probably knows Y and Z about as well as everybody else. This guy doesn't deserve a platform to speak on politics based purely on the fact that he's a Pretty Good Doctor (just like Ben Carson wasn't going to be a very good president just because he was a really incredible surgeon) and his opinions can (and in this case, do) turn out to be hilariously wrong. My commentary was more on the surprise that seems to accompany morons with PHDs.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 14, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU4jMs7EeUI

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

sector_corrector posted:

I can hear Reince's ulcer pulsating from here.

Rpublican Election 2016: Priebus and Butthead

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Jesus I just watched a Clinton ad where Charles Krauthammer is featured. Best possible timeline.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

And now DJT will say nice things about Hezbollah

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I am getting an erection at the thought of Trump's campaign running with this, lol

please let this happen. oh please.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

deathbysnusnu posted:

Jesus I just watched a Clinton ad where Charles Krauthammer is featured. Best possible timeline.

Source your quotes.

Because now I want to see this :getin:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boosted_C5 posted:

Please.

FIX THIS

This isn't even funny any more, it's just sad. And funny.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

weekly font posted:

Rpublican Election 2016: Priebus and Butthead

It's a good thing DC has liquor stores on each corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

:lol:

• Locked thread