Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah im gonna call a moratorium on D&D topic posts in the dota thread. if you want to flaunt your complete ignorance about chinese & US laws go to D&D so i can make fun of you in the right place but keep that poo poo out of the digital wizard battle thread please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

botany posted:

keep that poo poo out of the digital wizard battle thread please

:agreed:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I like when wings beat the racist homophobic libertarian gun nut sunsfan with the power and might of China

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So I just came back from TI, and I got all these crimson witness treasures. They're going for about 54 bucks on the steam market right now. How do the prices usually fluctuate on these treasures? It looks like right now theres only 2 items that can be received from these treasures that are selling for more than 54. Should I sell now, open up and then sell, or wait?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I like when wings beat the racist homophobic libertarian gun nut sunsfan with the power and might of China

if only he had a gun when he got robbed.

oh

wait

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Up Circle posted:

dont chinese people still poop in the streets

I did see some parents holding a baby over a trash can to poo poo in a I think Chongqing train station, but not really dude people aren't just coppin a squat on the sidewalk to take a dump.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yo i got one of those bigass curved monitors and for some reason there's a second minimap edge and it covers the death ticker. how do i remove this.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I just came back from TI, and I got all these crimson witness treasures. They're going for about 54 bucks on the steam market right now. How do the prices usually fluctuate on these treasures? It looks like right now theres only 2 items that can be received from these treasures that are selling for more than 54. Should I sell now, open up and then sell, or wait?

I got 5 drops and sold 4 for over $300 so far. It really just depends on how you roll if you wanna take the risk and open it. Dazzle and Lion going for less than $54 now but Pudge and Drow are probably much higher.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Radical posted:

hey wait a sec, that aint ur team artour!!!

Also ft. exiled Canadian player Scott 'Chad' 'bLeeK' Jensen. New OG lineup confirmed?????????

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011

Kanfy posted:

I'm glad the best team won and you people with your limpdicked region slapfights are hilarious, good to see e-sports brings out the dumbest in people just like real sports do.

TI7 has pretty big shoes to fill if it wants to outdo this one, it was a real cool tournament this year.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

just think of all the new heroes they'll announce at TI7

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i'm glad every team rtz is on loses TI horribly

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

:agreed:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
First Dota game had a Antimage Void dual lane along with a Bloodseeker that went dagon so good to see pubs haven't changed at all.

When did they add the ability to see the creep spawn boxes when placing wards? I imagine some veterans moaned about that being too casual or some poo poo.

:yeah:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it really does own.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm happy that Sunsfan can now afford a decent home security system

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Every time I watch a Dota event I get the urge to get back into the mix. What I'm trying to get at is, thank you for this post.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Goetta posted:

I'm happy that Sunsfan can now afford a decent home security system

You mean more guns?

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

When did they add the ability to see the creep spawn boxes when placing wards? I imagine some veterans moaned about that being too casual or some poo poo.

Absolutely no one complained at all about it, or the tower range indicator

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

dicks assassin posted:

You mean more guns?

thank god someone was on point with this

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
sunsfan? More like sunsfat lmao

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
The jealousy of Sunsfan itt is stronger than Luna's glutes

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Voted Worst Mom posted:

sunsfan? More like sunsfat lmao

XD

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

BeyondRad posted:

thats not correct

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
hey guys im rtz im gonna leave this team to join a team designed entirely to win TI

*loses TI badly*

guys can I come back?

*team loses*

i'm going back to that other team

*loses*

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
2 difficult 4 rtz

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

This keeps coming up again and again, and I just want to say this.
How is it you think we see you? Why do you think we follow you? Only ever to watch you win?
Are we rats that jump ship the minute it starts to sink? Switch loyalty to the winning players?
I have a smile on my face to watch your amazing plays that most of us could only ever dream of making. Sometimes I smile so much watching DOTA that my face hurts. I get so excited that I shout.
I do not care if cynical people think this is kissing rear end, it's about what's true and I have never in my life lost love for my favourite pros because they lose games and tourneys.
If you sat on your rear end, if you didn't try, that would let us down.
If you were too smug and thought you didn't have to prepare properly, that would let us down.
But none of you do, you strategise, you work like crazy and you play like gods out of your mind and to me personally you bring nothing but joy.
I just needed to say this because every time I see someone who makes me happy just to watch them play say "I'm sorry I let everyone down" it breaks my loving heart.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
I would like to point out that Barons is underplaying RTZ's seemingly congenital inability to win not just TI, but any major tournament. Whether it's Seattle, Manila, Frankfurt, or Shanghai, one factor remains consistent: Artour "Arteezy" Babaev will never, ever win a loving Valve event.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Sphyre posted:

This keeps coming up again and again, and I just want to say this.
How is it you think we see you? Why do you think we follow you? Only ever to watch you win?
Are we rats that jump ship the minute it starts to sink? Switch loyalty to the winning players?
I have a smile on my face to watch your amazing plays that most of us could only ever dream of making. Sometimes I smile so much watching DOTA that my face hurts. I get so excited that I shout.
I do not care if cynical people think this is kissing rear end, it's about what's true and I have never in my life lost love for my favourite pros because they lose games and tourneys.
If you sat on your rear end, if you didn't try, that would let us down.
If you were too smug and thought you didn't have to prepare properly, that would let us down.
But none of you do, you strategise, you work like crazy and you play like gods out of your mind and to me personally you bring nothing but joy.
I just needed to say this because every time I see someone who makes me happy just to watch them play say "I'm sorry I let everyone down" it breaks my loving heart.

wAIT thats not a taylor swift song :confused:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Please do not flame my friend cindel ty

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

quote:

Kuroky, I wish this guy would show himself to the scene more. He is funny, articulate, charismatic, and ultimately just a good person. He always treated me with respect, would empower me in team conversations, and trusted me as much as anyone can trust someone. I was more then a coach with him, it was almost like a marriage, we bickered and fought about what to do with the team, but we would always try and see each others point of views, and I don't think I ever walked away from a conversation with him without feeling satisfied. This man gave me another chance in dota, another life, and was never dishonest to me ever. If he ever said something to me, he always meant it, and it was odd taking someone at face value at all times. I am eternally grateful to Kuro for everything he did for me and with me, and I will always be available for this person. Maybe the coolest person I've met in the dota scene, cool as an igloo. (I told him I was writing a blog he told me to write that, I told him he was lame, I relented obviously) My favorite moment with him was after they lost to MVP at Manila, he looked at me and Heen and said 'two korean coaches, and we lost, suspicious' and said nothing else about the loss ever haha.

b-but the president of estonia said he was the problem...

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

BeyondRad posted:

People complained and were rightfully ignored or ridiculed.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Radical posted:

b-but the president of estonia said he was the problem...

Way to link the Blitz post jerk

http://www.liquiddota.com/blogs/512854-end-of-2016-thoughts-and-review

quote:

I was up at 5am watching an MDL match when Kuroky messages me. He asks me for an invite so we could watch it together as he was too cheap to buy one himself.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lmao at EU dota

that is all

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

lmao at EU dota

that is all

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

lmao at dota

that is all

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
The only thing Blitz is good at is PR

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

lmao at EU dota

that is all

:yeah:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

my life feels literally empty now and like im just existing between now and ti7

e: oops i crossed the two dota thread streams

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah it's gonna suck to wait for dota to start up again. I guess I'll have time play now.

• Locked thread