Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mogomra posted:

Hey, I said I was retarded before, but what the gently caress is the damage reduction bug, and where do I go to find out about it?

Every Dokkan boss has a gimmick, ult gohans gimmick is that he takes super reduced damage from everything but the ones with the new link that the majin and some cell cards have. Well that didn't work in global which means there is no gimmick and just burn him down instead.

Good news for me since I'm at work right now and don't have access to my iPad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm up to 4 wins. Not too bad and it's reasonably nukable. Buu team is also pretty effective.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm just going in full PHY at this point with FP Frieza lead and Gogeta friend. He's gotten me a couple times when I've been lazy or tried to conserve items, but it isn't hard at all without his buff. It isn't a pure nuke fight for me though because there are several stages to get him to the final battle, and I feel like I'd need a senzu bean or two to make it there.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

:siren: THEY ARE NOT GOING TO FIX THE DAMAGE REDUCTION BUG! :siren:

It will be fixed on the next go-around, so farm it up while you can! Even if you don't need it, you can probably get this knocked out with a solid PHY team!

Wow, I'm going to farm as many as I can on the off chance I actually draw Ultimate Gohan.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

I'm just going in full PHY at this point with FP Frieza lead and Gogeta friend. He's gotten me a couple times when I've been lazy or tried to conserve items, but it isn't hard at all without his buff. It isn't a pure nuke fight for me though because there are several stages to get him to the final battle, and I feel like I'd need a senzu bean or two to make it there.

I got lucky with some PHY SSJ Goku stuns on my first nuke round. Blew up rounds 1 and 3. My second attempt wasn't nearly as coherent after I swapped in PHY Kid and Fat Buu.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I've now got both of my Ultimate Gohans awakened and leveled. I'll get ten more in the very off chance I get the INT Gohan. I also finally took down Full Power Freeza. Don't have the card but I did have the INT Freeza SA maxed the first time it was out. Double Gogeta says gently caress Freeza and it's great

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Geez you guys are trucking through this faster than I can. I'm at 7 wins, and only have PHY and AGL Ult Gohan. I'll get them both this weekend, and hopefully get another 10 for the INT one down the road.

Anyone know anything about STR Gotenks? He's not bad. Just hate that he isn't SSJ.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I was able to beat Gohan with a Gogeta lead and his Buu friends, but as usual, the Buu team was lacking Ki, but the battle was more of a grind.

I also did a few pulls, and got another full power Frieza, who is pretty easy now that we have Gogeta against him. Already got my 10 medals, now time to focus on Gohan.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm up to 8 and have a team I quite like.

PHY Ultimate Gohan
PHY Kaioken Goku
STR TUR SSJ3 Goku
AGL SSG Goku
STR Buutenks
PHY Fat Buu

Good mix of defense and offense. Not enamored with PHY Kaioken, but he's solid enough. It'll get even easier once I get Gohan Dokkan'd. Don't have Gogeta, so I'm making do with all the other crazy BS I have.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Looks like it only costs me two sensu (which is nothing since I have 600+ beans in stock) to beat Gohan because of this glitch. I'm glad they screwed up because the only Buu I have that's suitable is PHY Fat Buu and he's not going to do much damage.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
:stare: I never realized how much Gogeta broke this game before running Pure Destruction and Carnage with double Gogeta leaders for the first time. It turned what had been a relatively even battle into a curbstomp.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I almost thought I was going to get to participate in these events. I did the Z-Hard of the first Gohan mission and (with the help of a senzu bean) barely beat Gohan! Hooray, free card! And then he went SSJ and immediately hit a Super Kamehameha for more health than I have. Oh well, at least I got some good cards out of the new drawing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Gohan event doesn't have a card. Frieza and Buu both do, though. The Dokkan'd version of Frieza is really solid, but the event is pretty rough. I didn't do the Fat Buu dokkan, but he's supposed to be decent, too.

I managed to get PHY Gohan Dokkan'd, he's already made the fight easier. Fantastic leader for a Shocking Speed team. I think I'll do INT next, then AGL.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 12, 2016

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh posted:

:stare: I never realized how much Gogeta broke this game before running Pure Destruction and Carnage with double Gogeta leaders for the first time. It turned what had been a relatively even battle into a curbstomp.

I did the Buu event just to see how it'd go after getting TEQ Vegetto, Gogeta, and PHY Gohan oh man it's a joke now. Feels good after it gave me so much trouble before

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Just wait until Super Vegito :v:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Aurora posted:

Just wait until Super Vegito :v:

The Power Creep in this game is getting ridiculous.

Was able to get the 10 awakening medals for Gohan, and the best team that I was using involved Gogeta Lead and a friend Kid Buu (for Wall that Stands Tall I could have probably run with a PHY team) , as I didn't have to worry about HP with Infinite Regen and the double Kid Buu Passives. Now I'm just trying to farm Fat Buu's from the Buu event to rasise PHY Buu's SA. Got lucky with the first five I got, as I hit 4 out of 5 in rasing his SA. Now if only he wasn't a TEQ character, as those are the lowest medals I have.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Did the discount multi - Bye Guys, okay, good. Get a Shugesh right before I pull Towa.

I decided to do a couple singles after that because of Reddit memes and ended up pulling the PHY SSJ2 Teen/Adult Gohan. (Not Saiyaman). I think that's a good one. :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Aurora posted:

Did the discount multi - Bye Guys, okay, good. Get a Shugesh right before I pull Towa.

I decided to do a couple singles after that because of Reddit memes and ended up pulling the PHY SSJ2 Teen/Adult Gohan. (Not Saiyaman). I think that's a good one. :v:

Towa is good too! She's great for a any WT group super team.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah - I'll put her in my Broly team if I don't get anything from the Majin Vegeta banner in like 10 days.

Get hyped for the new quests in a few days!!!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

Yeah - I'll put her in my Broly team if I don't get anything from the Majin Vegeta banner in like 10 days.

Get hyped for the new quests in a few days!!!

I hope we legit get a Maijin Vegeta banner. I have been considering pulling singles on the new banners, but a chance at Maijin Vegeta would be much better. I have poo poo luck with Broly as is.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Did the 40 stone Dokkan banner.Saw Super Saiyan 3 for the first time in literal months and got Int Vegito.

I am happy.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
NO DONT GIVE ME HOPE TO WASTE 40 STONES

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Webbeh posted:

NO DONT GIVE ME HOPE TO WASTE 40 STONES

I got STR Buutenks, PHY Evil Buu, and eight dupes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hey how do I beat FP Freeza? My tactic of "Double Gogeta Leaders and a bunch of strong STR types" worked well for the first two forms, but even after hitting him with multiple Gogeta supers I couldn't even get him down to half health before he 1HKOed me.

Here's what I have to work with if it's any help

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey how do I beat FP Freeza? My tactic of "Double Gogeta Leaders and a bunch of strong STR types" worked well for the first two forms, but even after hitting him with multiple Gogeta supers I couldn't even get him down to half health before he 1HKOed me.

Here's what I have to work with if it's any help

My team consisted of

Gogeta
Vegetto INT
SSJ3 Vegeta
SSJ Bardock
SSJ3 Goku
Kid Buu AGL

Since you don't have Kid Buu I'd grab Golden Freeza to tank. Vegetto's mostly there to boost Gogeta's ki and Bardock will seal Freeza's Super.

In other news I got my day 365 bonus and pulled STR Gotenks with the stones I got. :toot:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Squallege posted:

My team consisted of

Gogeta
Vegetto INT
SSJ3 Vegeta
SSJ Bardock
SSJ3 Goku
Kid Buu AGL

Since you don't have Kid Buu I'd grab Golden Freeza to tank. Vegetto's mostly there to boost Gogeta's ki and Bardock will seal Freeza's Super.

In other news I got my day 365 bonus and pulled STR Gotenks with the stones I got. :toot:

Awesome, thanks! This worked great, though I ended up going with PHY SSJ Gotenks over SSJ Bardock.

Who woulda thought that using a team of my best cards could actually help me win?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

So Stage 1 of Ultimate Gohan's Dokkan is pretty good for farming Old/Supreme Kai's, (pretty good drop rate on the rare map capsules) getting INT Z-Swords (I now have over 200 of them) , and pretty good XP (50,000). I did a few more pulls, got INT Ultimate Gohan, SSJ2 Angel, and STR Gotenks, so I was playing that stage a lot getting them all leveled up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just did 2 multis and got 2x of the new SSJ2 Goku, then PHY SSB Vegeta and that PHY SSJ Goku. Not a bad haul, but I really wanted that Int Gohan.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

An entire bar of stamina netted me a whopping two extra King Colds :smugjones:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

An entire bar of stamina netted me a whopping two extra King Colds :smugjones:

drat, that's lucky for King Cold. :v:

The anniversary thing made us all forget how lovely Strike rates used to be.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've burned 4 stamina bars (granted my bars are 43 points and I'm sure yours are like 8000), and haven't got even one King Cold.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Two 120STA bars = 3 drops here.

I really want to use the dokkan stages to train my dudes but I know I'll be sorry if I don't have at least one SA10 King Cold when his Super Strike comes around, at least I managed to get most other strike characters to SA10 during the anniversary.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll be honest. I didn't bother getting ten for most of the units.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Squallege posted:

I'll be honest. I didn't bother getting ten for most of the units.

I'm only doing it for Super Strikes. I'm mostly doing it to keep playing daily to justify all the money I've spent on this game..

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I still enjoy the gameplay and team building. The theme really helps, too.

I got INT Gohan awakened. He looks awesome, shame I can't run him on my Shocking Speed team, since I run PHY Gohan as my lead.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Dokkaned PHY one looks great. He looks so ANGRY. I finally made him my team lead.. I had STR SSG Goku for so long, but the allure of more Ki is overpowering. I keep looking at my rainbow team trying to figure out what I could possibly do to it, but I really don't know what changes I could make since there are new stages coming soon.

PHY Ultimate Gohan
AGL SSJ3 Goku
TEQ SSJ Future Gohan
INT Vegito
STR SSG Goku
PHY SSJ2 Saiyaman

They're a good mix of Shocking Speed/Prepared for Battle/Over in a Flash, among other things.

The only change I could conceive of would be to sub in TEQ Vegito in for Future Gohan and putting in someone like the recently Dokkaned INT Future Trunks. I really like Future Gohan, though..

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
That Dokkan'ed INT Trunks (Future) would give you another Prepared for Battle link and has a pretty solid passive. Also TEQ Vegito's passive and super are better for your overall team.

Fake Edit: TEQ Vegito also has Supreme Power and Saiyan Lineage links with Dokkan'ed PHY Ultimate Gohan, which INT Vegito lacks. Dokkan'ed INT Trunks (Future) also links with PHY SSJ2 Saiyaman and AGI SSJ3 Goku through Golden Warrior too.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 15, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
These new missions coming on Wednesday sound loving difficult as hell.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

These new missions coming on Wednesday sound loving difficult as hell.

Apparently you really need double Gogeta's to not have to use all your items every mission. Sounds delightful for the Gogeta-less me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
On that subject, apparently you can acquire gems from these new missions that you use in the Baba shop to purchase SSR's. Some of those SSR's rotate out after 60 days, so we all have something to grind daily again. Here's the guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4bh2me/baba_crystal_farming_how_to_get_them_and_where/