Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'd love to see Billy again, but I assume Delilah's the reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Lily Burke to the rescue, or as antagonist, is my question.

I really want this name to be canon.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I feel like there's no way they won't have Billy Lurk after they've specifically stated that Low Chaos is canon, and they go to a great deal of trouble to set her up for a bit part in 2.

Also @Fish Noise Art Factory: Billy Twerk.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Green Intern posted:

I would not be surprised if Billie Lurk showed up in Dishonored 2 under an alias.

I wouldn't be entirely shocked if this new character Meagan Foster who acts as a boat captain for the protagonists in Dishonored 2 was secretly Billie Lurk (who once wanted to be a ship captain, apparently) but at the same time Meagan's only got one arm and I'm 100% cool with new characters getting tossed into the mix with our general murder insanity.

I suppose I feel like it would just be very easy for them to rehash literally every character that didn't die and toss them into Dishonored 2, but at the same time I respect their writing and world building enough to expect my assumptions to get wrecked.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

If Lurk showed up for one mission, or was mentioned in a note or something, that'd be fine too.

Edit: what would be kind of tiresome or stale would be if she ended up as a Kill/Spare choice again.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

What's neat is that instead of having a Heart to comment on the terrain, Daud's assassin-summoning spell has them comment on the area if there's no enemies to fight. (Shame about the mana cost, but hey).

Orv
May 4, 2011
Relevant soon, great now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CfO76Tey-U

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Orv posted:

Also @Fish Noise Art Factory: Billy Twerk.
A bold request.

Dangerous, too.

No.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:golfclap:

Malah
May 18, 2015

:five:

Don't ever leave us, Fish Noise.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Lprsti99 posted:

Have you seen Solokov's schnoz?

I dunno, I would think Sokolov would be less interested in enjoying the Outsider's unique bouquet and more of somehow distilling the Outside, reducing him into a powder and snorting a line just to experience/research what happens if you snort pure eldritch power.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Alkydere posted:

I dunno, I would think Sokolov would be less interested in enjoying the Outsider's unique bouquet and more of somehow distilling the Outside, reducing him into a powder and snorting a line just to experience/research what happens if you snort pure eldritch power.

Off of a prostitute, of course.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
*Snorting eldritch power off of a hooker*

Boy, that's a loving mental image right there

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
He would probably describe the experience as "Like snorting distilled whale oil mixed with crystallized river krust acid." Both of which he knows firsthand.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Lunethex posted:

*Snorting eldritch power off of a hooker*

Boy, that's a loving mental image right there

Especially what might happen to the hooker.

... Is that what happened to Delilah...?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Trying to imagine what sort of powers and/or deformities result from having eldritch powder sprinkled on one's rear end.

Weirdest boner I've had all week.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
High Chaos Update:

A Stay of Execution for Lizzy:
Youtube Polsy

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Just in time to steer the thread away from Dareon's river krust!
don't worry, that's not permanent, river krusts can be detached

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

You're welcome!!!!!!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Lunethex has bad ideas and I am an enabler.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love the matching avatars.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Pull has different mana costs depending on whether you pull items or enemies. The former costs the same as Blink.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I find it interesting that they chose the name Lizzie Stride, since that is the name of who is generally believed to be Jack the Ripper's third victim. (Born Elisabeth Gustafsson, also known as Long Lizzie.)
Especially since Dishonoured's version is nothing like Long Lizzie.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Now that we've finally gotten to the point where it's unlocked, I can say that Pull level 2 is marvelous for a clean hands run. Not so much if you're trying to ghost it, and maybe less effective since Coolguye is playing on Very Hard, seriously, why do you do this to yourself?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Hannibal Rex posted:

Pull has different mana costs depending on whether you pull items or enemies. The former costs the same as Blink.

Pull is loving awesome and it's a power I wish you could get for Corvo.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I sorta gave up on ghosting The Brigmore Witches DLC after two consecutive attempts at this level failed despite me not knowing who spotted me. Luckily, the enough coins to disappear trophy only requires low chaos.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

New Dishonored 2 gameplay footage from Gamescom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml1vlBhdRRo

High-chaos style assassination, then some swordplay on some of the most calmly posh robots I've ever seen.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

And a direct link to the part that, let's be honest now, we're ALL looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml1vlBhdRRo&t=97s

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Nah it's cool.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

And this time, you can't take them out with a water arrow to their boiler!

Fortunately you can still stab them to death.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Speedball posted:

And this time, you can't take them out with a water arrow to their boiler!

Fortunately you can still stab them to death.
Thankfully, they've also ditched Karrus'..."unique" speech patterns.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

Thankfully, they've also ditched Karrus'..."unique" speech patterns.

:(

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hey, I know some people like that nasally high-pitched lisp.

I am not one of those people, unfortunately.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I keep expecting the shadow arm thing for Emily to turn into a wishbone from the Darkness video game.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'm not a terribly big fan of the tentacle jump because Blink is so efficient and simple. I bet you can take damage while trying to use it too.

But the whole Domino thing is pretty intense.

JollyYellow
Aug 8, 2016
I really like the wooden panels on the robots. It's like those old tube televisions with the wooden case except there's swords instead of antennas.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Klaus88 posted:

I keep expecting the shadow arm thing for Emily to turn into a wishbone from the Darkness video game.

It very nearly did, she tore that guy's legs off!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well now I'm double glad I got a new computer.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

JollyYellow posted:

I really like the wooden panels on the robots. It's like those old tube televisions with the wooden case except there's swords instead of antennas.

One of my favourite levels in Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven is the level with all the wooden samurai robot guards. It's going to be nice to be dealing with some of that weirdness all over again.

Lunethex posted:

I'm not a terribly big fan of the tentacle jump because Blink is so efficient and simple. I bet you can take damage while trying to use it too.

But the whole Domino thing is pretty intense.

I kinda like it, it's a reflection of how Emily's powers are divergent from Corvo's while still giving her the same good freedom of movement.

Very much looking forwards to it, still not sure who I'm going to play as first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I like their little pre recorded style lines

"Hmmnn... Aristocratic Profile, but hostile"

Also will this mean you can do some robot murdering on low chaos?

• Locked thread