Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Scrodes posted:

For this very reason, I would like next season's big twist to be that it's a season of Big Brother Classic, keep the POV, (I think that actually really helped the game move forward) but other than that, just the classic rules.

Also - can we come up with some catch phrases/words that trigger the houseguest being a have-not for a week? I'm so sick of hearing "blew up xxx game" and "backdoor[ed]"

That's a good plan as long as it can be done without getting blood on my hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

...at the end of the day...

...thrown under the bus...

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
It is what it is.
It's a strategic move/It's just strategy. (strategy can be replaced with game/game move.)

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
The discussion of Paulie's edit has come up, and as someone who doesn't watch the live feeds, my take is that the edit was kind to Paulie early in the game, but as the weeks have worn on, I think you can see the wrinkles. For example, and maybe this is just my perspective, but he came out looking like a huge rear end with the Z situation. Maybe he was even worse on the live feeds, but I don't think the show shied away from showing him jerking her around.

I thought Victor's nomination speech was needlessly vicious, but the edit seems to have largely forgotten about him as a player. He's taken a back seat, oddly, even thought he was HOH.

I am not sure what's happening with Nicole, as the edit has seemingly forgotten about her. Other than being a huge dumbass, I have no idea who Corey is as a person.

I think James is the only person who has looked consistently good. The show continually focuses on him. I wish I knew more about Natalie, because she seems like a nice person.

As for the worst Big Brother season. I haven't watched all the seasons, but it's either 8 or 15 from me. I gave up on both midway through the season. My only memory of 8 is "Evil" Dick walking around the house, while a "cool" guitar sound played, as he yelled at people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paulie hasn't gotten an especially kind or protective edit. They've actually poked a fair bit of fun at his expense with some light humor about his hubris. And yeah, he looked bad with the Z stuff and they didn't do anything to protect him there. He could have looked worse if they had shown more but they also could have done things to make him look more sympathetic like show how Zakiyah was jealous and played games with him.

The main thing is that the house has just had a ton of poo poo talking and bullying behavior and the edit hasn't shown any of it. Paulie, Z, Nicole, Corey, Michelle, and Paul are the main culprits but Day, Frank, Vic, Bronte, and even Bridgette have had their share. When you cut out that behavior from the edit you end up making almost everyone look better and the few people like James, Nat, and mostly Bridgette who have risen above it don't get the positive focus they probably should. You just end up warping the perspective of the whole house.

A big part of the reason Michelle and Z have been so invisible is that so much of their games was basically just poo poo talking and mean girl stuff.

Victor's nomination speech is a good example since the show left out the part where Paulie, Paul, and Corey actively encouraged him to do that and really wanted a reaction out of Michelle. So we see the speech itself and Vic looks bad but we don't see all the premeditation and other guilty parties.

James has looked good because he basically has played his BB17 game and stayed pretty above board and nice. Plus he has his genuinely charming showmance with Nat which I'm surprised hasn't gotten more TV time. They could have been the new Jeff and Jordan if BB really focused on them.

If there's one person I'd say has gotten a deceptively positive edit its probably Nicole. Its not just that her mean girling has been ignored like Michelle and Z but the show has also really gone out of its way to clean up her dirty gaming and double dealing and focus on her goofy, lovable BB16 persona. BB18 Nicole is NOT BB16 Nicole but the show is really trying to make it seem like she is.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Didn't James come across as creepy on the live feeds in his first season? I seem to remember some people discussing that in these threads.

However, the Nicole they're showing on TV seems weary as the season has progressed. Like, she looked like absolute death on Thursday night. This is why I really want to see what went down in the 24hrs before the Z eviction.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Didn't James come across as creepy on the live feeds in his first season? I seem to remember some people discussing that in these threads.
He came off that way when Jeff was around, and I think it was kind of a reflection of Jeff. As soon as he was gone he turned into the guy we've seen for almost 2 seasons now. For whatever reason he just latched onto Jeff and his behavior.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Twin Cinema posted:

The discussion of Paulie's edit has come up, and as someone who doesn't watch the live feeds, my take is that the edit was kind to Paulie early in the game, but as the weeks have worn on, I think you can see the wrinkles. For example, and maybe this is just my perspective, but he came out looking like a huge rear end with the Z situation. Maybe he was even worse on the live feeds, but I don't think the show shied away from showing him jerking her around.

I thought Victor's nomination speech was needlessly vicious, but the edit seems to have largely forgotten about him as a player. He's taken a back seat, oddly, even thought he was HOH.

I am not sure what's happening with Nicole, as the edit has seemingly forgotten about her. Other than being a huge dumbass, I have no idea who Corey is as a person.

I think James is the only person who has looked consistently good. The show continually focuses on him. I wish I knew more about Natalie, because she seems like a nice person.

As for the worst Big Brother season. I haven't watched all the seasons, but it's either 8 or 15 from me. I gave up on both midway through the season. My only memory of 8 is "Evil" Dick walking around the house, while a "cool" guitar sound played, as he yelled at people.

STAC Goat is the best at this, but Corey is as bad as Paulie about the misogyny. He thinks stuff Paulie says about women is hilarious and true.

Natalie is a glowing angel of a person. She's nice to everyone, even if they were being ostracized by the house. She's endured quite a bit of poo poo-talking and people saying she's an amoral slut (Paulie has issues.)

The rest is what STAC said.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
More on the All Access season:

http://zap2it.com/2016/08/big-brother-on-cbs-all-access-everything-we-know/

Less fish/Jeff? BTS footage? Also more reserved but possibly longer comps?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Teek posted:

More on the All Access season:

http://zap2it.com/2016/08/big-brother-on-cbs-all-access-everything-we-know/

Less fish/Jeff? BTS footage? Also more reserved but possibly longer comps?

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to skew casting towards smart people and have Genius game style competitions. Without a broadcast version, and the likelihood that all access watchers are going to be much more big brother savvy than the average broadcast watcher, they could really do with a change in comp formats. Genius style competitions that a) are super interesting to watch and b) could have meta-game consequencies re: alliance formation, and c) are cheap as hell and don't require huge sets.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It could just as likely go the other way. They could cast crazier people since they would be censored less.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
They should cast YouTube/twitch famewhores

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Restating what I said a few days ago, this should be a good week or episodes for anyone on the fence about continuing. Tonight has the potential to be one of the best episodes ever based on all the material over the last week. Hopefully they can give it justice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just saw the sneak peek video for tonight's episode and boy am I excited to see it.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

"Potential to be the best episode ever"

Boy, if I wasn't already hyped for this episode before...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

A lot of the hype is that for half a season we've been getting poo poo gameplay. This week everyone finally realized what game they were playing. So while it might not be way out there as far as events which go down, the highs and lows made for a hell of a ride.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

So we're having a 10 minute recap on the stuff we DID see rather than the million things we didn't?

EDIT: Oh, nvm.

Arcanen fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 15, 2016

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: Find out right now! On BIIIIIIIG BROTHERRRRRRR! :siren:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Yep... this is the Paulie edit alright.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

LOL, Paul's slo-mo for the Cheetos! :neckbeard:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

This episode is delivering.
It may be missing some spokes in the wheel here and there but it's painting an accurate picture.

Paulie is scum.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Sounds like they could have showed comments that were a lot worse, but I'm generally fine with the edit since they got out the basic outline of Paulie being a scumbag. The thing that bothered me the most about all that was easily the way Zakiyah acted towards Paulie.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Arcanen posted:

The thing that bothered me the most about all that was easily the way Zakiyah acted towards Paulie.
Z was misted and it's sad that someone that started with such potentially high stock got roped into a pointless showmance and became a contestant on a different show called 'The Bachelor'.

Z is the biggest casting disappointment by a country mile.
Her Law of Diminishing Returns happened the second she wrapped her intro interview with Big Jeff before the game ever started.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
I feel legit bad for Z because every time someone said, "Your boyfriend is an rear end in a top hat" she just came running back and was like "why do people think you're an rear end in a top hat? I hope you still want to be with me." It's the kind of relationship that would absolutely become abusive in the real world and when she told Julie she would hope to continue that relationship "if he wants her" still, I got really sad.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
Is the round-trip ticket still in play for one last week? I'm a little horrified that Paulie or Corey may end up going right back into the house.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Oh sweet Jesus!
Paulie's crybaby DR at the end...

Get hosed douchebag!

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Is the round-trip ticket still in play for one last week? I'm a little horrified that Paulie or Corey may end up going right back into the house.
Unfortunately yes, the RT is still a thing and the mysterious Friday night broadcast still hasn't been explained yet. Paulie could still revolving door.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 15, 2016

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Robnoxious posted:

Oh sweet Jesus!
Paulie's crybaby DR at the end...

Get hosed douchebag!

My stream cutout. Who was he crying about? Paul, or Corey?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Ahh, they boned Big Meech there. She had a ton of burns on Paulie before last Thursday's episode. Hopefully they'll put in the ones she dishes after the nomination ceremony.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Arcanen posted:

My stream cutout. Who was he crying about? Paul, or Corey?

MY BOY!
COREY!

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Robnoxious posted:

MY BOY!
COREY!

This is not a relationship/friendship/alliance that the editors have really demonstrated at all this season, like at all. Corey is never shown to say anything except when it's super dumb and for comic relief, let alone any interaction with anyone but Nicole.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I really wish we could have gotten more of the big rear end pile evidence about Paulie's dealings being exposed. Hopefully that's just more meat for the Wednesday episode.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Out of everyone in the house that's left...

Corey has an edit where he loves Christmas and even has a jingle bells SFX.
Nothing much beyond that, really.

They should loop Corey's 'Goat Story' to make the ladies swoon. ;)

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Oh my god, my first strategy discussion point about the houseguests for like the entire season:

Did Paul make the right choice (if it was in fact a choice, and not just losing) in giving Victor the HOH? On one hand, getting Paulie out of the house is such a huge tick on the resume when it comes to final 2. On the other hand, Victor will never ever ever win, partly because he's also an rear end in a top hat, but mainly because he was evicted (it's always hilarious that evicted house guests who return manage to delude themselves into thinking they could ever win a jury vote), and Paul can conceivably claim credit and be believed.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

That was probably the nicest edit they could have given Paulie all things considered. They cut out hi MRA rantings, among other just generally disrespectful things he says. They also completely removed Michelle from the situation which is hilarious considering she and Nat were at the epicenter together.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Arcanen posted:

Oh my god, my first strategy discussion point about the houseguests for like the entire season:

Did Paul make the right choice (if it was in fact a choice, and not just losing) in giving Victor the HOH? On one hand, getting Paulie out of the house is such a huge tick on the resume when it comes to final 2. On the other hand, Victor will never ever ever win, partly because he's also an rear end in a top hat, but mainly because he was evicted (it's always hilarious that evicted house guests who return manage to delude themselves into thinking they could ever win a jury vote), and Paul can conceivably claim credit and be believed.
Paul is in an incredibly good position as much of a loudmouth "WHOA!" "Friendship!" "Pissed!" memebot he is. he deserves a win if he gets there.
I really only see him and Nat Nat as the most rewarding wins.

Victor I can handle but not be all stoked about.

James, Nicole and Big Meesh are a big fat NOOOOOO!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sooooo, happy.

That could have actually been harsher on Paulie, for sure. According to the HGs he went after Michelle during that pre-DE fight and hit her with a door (bad enough that Corey said he thought he'd get evicted for it) and in general it was longer and harsher with James (but it wasn't on feeds so who knows?). Bridgette said she was a feminist and he repeated ranted about that being the same as racism. He had a bunch of huge rants about how he was just the victim of a double standard that men are judged worse than women and a whole MRA thing. And they cut out the stuff Nat was really angry about that Meech told her - that Paulie was constantly calling her a "Jersey girl" like a "gold digger" since Week 1, had been claiming he had real life stories about her that were so bad he couldn't tell them (Paulie's recent ex who he proposed to but she rejected him is a friend of Natalie's and he's a coworker with one of Nat's closest friends, a cheerleader named Tiffany who was on Amazing Race), and he orchestrated a house obsession with the guys about Nat's boobs and would make jokes about "FT"s (Fake Tits) in front of her to make her look stupid.

But there's a never ending well of things that could make Paulie bad because he's been doing it all season and the show hasn't shown any of the nastiness from him or his cohorts. That edit did a good job of giving the basic narrative of how things went and covered the big fights and Paulie's terrible behavior.

It was good for me.

Teek posted:

Yeah, I really wish we could have gotten more of the big rear end pile evidence about Paulie's dealings being exposed. Hopefully that's just more meat for the Wednesday episode.

It totally would be considering what happened after noms and before POV. It should cover that stuff.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 15, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah Nat and Michelle were given extremely weak edits and I think it actually does a big disservice to them. The door thing not making air is kind of ridiculous considering Michelle's apple throwing made it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I want the timestamp for this even if it's in the general neighborhood.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Sooooo, happy.

That could have actually been harsher on Paulie, for sure. According to the HGs he went after Michelle during that pre-DE fight and hit her with a door (bad enough that Corey said he thought he'd get evicted for it) and in general it was longer and harsher with James (but it wasn't on feeds so who knows?). Bridgette said she was a feminist and he repeated ranted about that being the same as racism. He had a bunch of huge rants about how he was just the victim of a double standard that men are judged worse than women and a whole MRA thing. And they cut out the stuff Nat was really angry about that Meech told her - that Paulie was constantly calling her a "Jersey girl" like a "gold digger" since Week 1, had been claiming he had real life stories about her that were so bad he couldn't tell them (Paulie's recent ex who he proposed to but she rejected him is a friend of Natalie's and he's a coworker with one of Nat's closest friends, a cheerleader named Tiffany who was on Amazing Race), and he orchestrated a house obsession with the guys about Nat's boobs and would make jokes about "FT"s (Fake Tits) in front of her to make her look stupid.

But there's a never ending well of things that could make Paulie bad because he's been doing it all season and the show hasn't shown any of the nastiness from him or his cohorts. That edit did a good job of giving the basic narrative of how things went and covered the big fights and Paulie's terrible behavior.

I'm just speculating, but they may have had to beat around the bush with some of that stuff because of the PG rating. The people who don't watch or keep up with the feeds still walked away with the impression that Paulie is a garbage person, and it didn't necessarily require a rundown of every single horrible thing he said to hammer that point home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eb
May 6, 2003
Well that was a whole load of nothing. I guess the rumors were true, CBS has obviously been paid off by Big Calafiore.

• Locked thread