Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even if they don't decrypt into new stuff, if you have your vaults packed to the brim with engrams that should count for a few cryptarch rank up packages at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Also unleveled legendaries dismantle for three marks so even if they pop as old gear you could potentially refill your marks for buying new vendor gear day one.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They probably won't decrypt into new stuff but the light level should be higher. Old emigrants decrypted into new items after the April update but that's probably the exception to the rule.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Roman posted:

They probably won't decrypt into new stuff but the light level should be higher. Old emigrants decrypted into new items after the April update but that's probably the exception to the rule.

It's done it for longer than that. I don't know what will happen with this expansion obviously but it's happened more than once now.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Thanks for the reminder of all the stuff I forgot, here's my fixed reply: None because I just can't will myself to care about or do much in this game until the expansion.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
drunk reaction times but still savage

http://i.imgur.com/yxDhFgk.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

FishBulb posted:

In the old expansions they did but at some point, maybe Taken King? They started decrypting into new gear.

Light level won't be great obviously but it's a chance to get new gear on day 1 which is something.

I have 100 and i plan to use them to power level via infusion once i finish the story content.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm just sitting on 3oC's and motes. Good enough for me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The base level isn't going up just light level so keeping engrams is a good idea imo.

Same with faction packages.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I have a lot of good hand cannons. Too bad I'm poo poo. The last Eyasluna I just got and will probably be my workhorse. No true "God rolls" but a bunch that get close

https://imgur.com/a/OhY1T

Lord High Fixer
SteadyHand - Outlaw - Rifled Barrel - Life Support

Uffern HC4
TrueSight - LitC - Braced Frame - Life Support

Eyasluna
SteadyHand - Underdog - Rifled Barrel - Hidden Hand

Stolen Pride
TrueSight - Rifled Barrel - Snapshot - Rangefinder

The Vanity
TrueSight - LitC - Rifled Barrel - Icarus

Eyasluna
SureShot - Outlaw - Smallbore - Third Eye

Finnala's Peril
TrueSight - Outlaw - Smallbore - Life Support

Eyasluna
SureShot - Outlaw - Smallbore - LitC

Eyasluna
SureShot - Surrounded - Rifled Barrel - LitC

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

CheeseFactory posted:

I have 100 and i plan to use them to power level via infusion once i finish the story content.

Yes yes, this is my plan as well.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

The base level isn't going up just light level so keeping engrams is a good idea imo.

Same with faction packages.

I forgot that you could leave a faction package, so then you could edge the rep and have another one right away. It doesn't save more than one package though (per faction), right?

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Is it worth it to use the 25 boost on a 22 character or should I save it? I have no idea how long leveling takes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!
Dinosaur Gum
Save it for your next character at this point

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Luminous Cow posted:

Is it worth it to use the 25 boost on a 22 character or should I save it? I have no idea how long leveling takes

It will only boost you to level 25, so do not use it. It does not give exp or anything like that either.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Is there a way to boost the contrast or opacity of the radar? It gets hard to see on some maps.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

fennesz posted:

Is there a way to boost the contrast or opacity of the radar? It gets hard to see on some maps.

I've been wanting that feature since the alpha.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

fennesz posted:

Some people use the colorblind settings for this I guess

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Call of Cholula posted:

Some people use the colorblind settings for this I guess
:tipshat:

I'll have to dig through all of the settings to see if there's something with more visibility.

Destiny is my first console shooter in something like 3 or 4 years. It's quite jarring to have almost no UI customization options and extremely poor audio options. I know I personally like having to turn down my TV whenever I start CoE because Fallen McFuckface has to scream everything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

marauderthirty posted:

I forgot that you could leave a faction package, so then you could edge the rep and have another one right away. It doesn't save more than one package though (per faction), right?

Right, in fact if you rank twice before claiming it the older one is lost.

Old faction packages have never turned into new expansion gear, probably not worth saving them up alongside edging.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Currently on 146 trials wins in a row :getin:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

CheeseFactory posted:

Do you upload to youtube on the regular? If not, you should.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

fennesz posted:

Do you upload to youtube on the regular? If not, you should.

Can't tell if you're kidding since i spam my links on the regular.

But if you search Rappo000 you will find my poo poo on YT

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I gave up on trials. Being 310 or so just got me destroyed. Had a few good rounds but after doing the 7 matches for the bounty, I was well and truly sick of it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

I got seven wins a couple times

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Intoluene posted:

I gave up on trials. Being 310 or so just got me destroyed. Had a few good rounds but after doing the 7 matches for the bounty, I was well and truly sick of it.

Yeah I wouldn't do it that low.

Or, go max agility Stormcaller and shotgun people. You'll get one shot if you're hit either way.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

CheeseFactory posted:

Can't tell if you're kidding since i spam my links on the regular.

But if you search Rappo000 you will find my poo poo on YT

Nope, not trying to be a turd. I thought you had uploaded a bunch to gifs, I guess I don't remember your vids.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

fennesz posted:

Nope, not trying to be a turd. I thought you had uploaded a bunch to gifs, I guess I don't remember your vids.

Haha all good. Yeah i got 200 or so videos up of various poo poo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Don't run trials until they update the gear and probably overhaul the mode in September. It's all sweaty fuckbois boosting their elo and paid carries right now. All the mid range players got their cat emblems and gave up trials months ago. It is completely awful right now until they do something to attract The more common players again.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Don't run trials until they update the gear and probably overhaul the mode in September. It's all sweaty fuckbois boosting their elo and paid carries right now. All the mid range players got their cat emblems and gave up trials months ago. It is completely awful right now until they do something to attract The more common players again.

I never got a cat emblem :(

However I did snipe a guy like, once

I loved year 1 when even morons like me could get to the lighthouse every week

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wish I'd gotten a cat emblem while the getting was good :sigh:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

My only flawless in year 2 was with a guy I knew from when I played Killzone, got a cb doctrine and I was like, well, cya

Our loss was to Murdaro haha

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

actionjackson posted:

I never got a cat emblem :(

However I did snipe a guy like, once

I loved year 1 when even morons like me could get to the lighthouse every week

I was pretty happy with my Wrecking Ball medal against a team of full 335s. Certainly a highlight

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!
Dinosaur Gum
:c00lbutt:
http://i.imgur.com/xLAWSUt.gifv

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

it helps if you shoot the people moist

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Godlike tracking...

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

That looks like my aim.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
I got Icebreaker from the first and only legacy special engram I bought, Ghorn from soloing crota and now I got flawless raider with a bunch of old school year 1 goons. I feel so cool right now.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

In his defense the AA on a lot of guns in spots like that is hosed.

I actually prefer fusions without Hidden Hand because if your target is strafing you have to lead them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Monocled Falcon posted:

I got Icebreaker from the first and only legacy special engram I bought, Ghorn from soloing crota and now I got flawless raider with a bunch of old school year 1 goons. I feel so cool right now.

Ice Breaker is loving lit af.

• Locked thread