Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

I NEED SCISSORS posted:

Wouldn't mind an invite to IGD. I was in the spreadsheet waiting for an invite.

Lazycrow 227-873-117

Just added you. We don't really look at the spreadsheet much anymore...it was really useful when we first started setting up guilds, but it is way too much work to keep up with the constantly shifting members. It's still good to use the spreadsheet because people will add you as friends and whatnot.

If anyone wants to connect names in our guild (and in QGJ/GGA) to the spreadhseet, that would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I think that 0 damage experiment was a failure. I got one Han Solo shard instead of my usual 3-7. At this point I'm resolved he'll never hit 7 stars and I probably will never unlock him.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Alright. I'm frustrated. What's the absolute best Arena team? I've gotta break into a higher bracket for crystals and shipments.

Right now I'm running Phasma (L), Rey, GS, QGJ, RG... I think I just need better gear. Maybe farming Ben soon and swapping in STHan with him. Sick and tired of losing!!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

WerrWaaa posted:

Alright. I'm frustrated. What's the absolute best Arena team? I've gotta break into a higher bracket for crystals and shipments.

Right now I'm running Phasma (L), Rey, GS, QGJ, RG... I think I just need better gear. Maybe farming Ben soon and swapping in STHan with him. Sick and tired of losing!!!

Thats my team and I am a late starter on a launch shard (took a big break and wasnt really very serious before the break either). I place in the top 20 or the 20 - 50 bracket every day @ 37k power. You should be able to take teams 2-3k stronger than you unless the RNG fucks you, but I'd say you ought to be winning 80/20. If its even or better match up you definitely can't lose.

Whats your power? Whats the power of your opponents? What is your gear level? Whats your shard like? What kind of teams are you facing?

Phasma lead is a fun attacking team but its really weak on defense, even with RG. You'll win some defenses off of lucky Rey RNG and poo poo but if you want to improve your placing i mean yea going to a dodge lead and replacing geo soldat with ST Han would be good.

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers

cowofwar posted:

IGD still has two spots. Join our clown shoe guild and get crushed by T7 rancor for purps

My guild blew up when mods came out, so I'd love an invite.

429-775-467
Jaskip

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Thats my team and I am a late starter on a launch shard (took a big break and wasnt really very serious before the break either). I place in the top 20 or the 20 - 50 bracket every day @ 37k power. You should be able to take teams 2-3k stronger than you unless the RNG fucks you, but I'd say you ought to be winning 80/20. If its even or better match up you definitely can't lose.

Whats your power? Whats the power of your opponents? What is your gear level? Whats your shard like? What kind of teams are you facing?

Phasma lead is a fun attacking team but its really weak on defense, even with RG. You'll win some defenses off of lucky Rey RNG and poo poo but if you want to improve your placing i mean yea going to a dodge lead and replacing geo soldat with ST Han would be good.

Honestly, what makes dodge lead plus sth so good is Ben's special. I haven't lost to a Dooku lead in I don't know how long. Not being able to use QGJ's special on STH pretty much loses you the game. Sure, there is a chance that the opponent's AI Dooku/RG will stun your QGJ, but it is fairly low.

Phasma is overall rrally weak, but his leader is so much better than anyone else's except maybe Anakun's or OB/Dooku's, that I'm not sure who else you would not. Now that defense matters, I want to get 3 defense sets for STH, with four protection mods, and then see how he does lead with Rey, GS, QGJ, and RG. GS might become Daka, but I feel like that's not enough DPS. I also might give Dooku a furnace and give him another chance, but I feel pretty meh about him right now.
Anakin lead Aayla, Fives, QGJ, RG is pretty crazy strong right now. Highly recommend it.

Rearden posted:

My guild blew up when mods came out, so I'd love an invite.

429-775-467
Jaskip

K

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Phasma is a girl.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

WerrWaaa posted:

Right now I'm running Phasma (L), Rey, GS, QGJ, RG...

gently caress this team, it's all I see in Arena now. That even better with a dodge leader.

I know it's not your fault, it's the developers' fault, but again gently caress this team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

gently caress this team, it's all I see in Arena now. That even better with a dodge leader.

I know it's not your fault, it's the developers' fault, but again gently caress this team.

Nearly every top team is running this, or Ben instead of Phasma. Sometimes there will be a B2 or sun fac, and I have seen a few lando wedge teams, but yeah, lots of this.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

When does it become appropriate for me to ask for a Guild invite? I've been playing for a couple of weeks as it's a good commuting/lunch game and I'm just passing level 49. Is there any point me asking for an invite? Do I get any nice boosts for being in a goon guild or am I just an empty space until my deck is 'raid ready'?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If you have at least one 7* character you are raid ready.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Alchenar posted:

When does it become appropriate for me to ask for a Guild invite? I've been playing for a couple of weeks as it's a good commuting/lunch game and I'm just passing level 49. Is there any point me asking for an invite? Do I get any nice boosts for being in a goon guild or am I just an empty space until my deck is 'raid ready'?

Yeah, all we want is one 7* dude so you can get raid rewards. Even for last place on a T7 raid, you get 200K credits, a Han Solo shard, plus some loot. We generally run 2-3 raids a week in IGD. All we really need are people who will use hopefully 600 energy a day, which I think is your regular energy plus a couple of regular and/or cantina refreshes (which you should probably be doing anyway). There are also a bunch of achievements you get for joining a guild as well as for donating stuff to guildmates (plus you can request stuff, and most folks give away tons of gear parts)

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Still on 5 stars for Clone Wars Chewie and Luke, my top two. Working on getting them up though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Still on 5 stars for Clone Wars Chewie and Luke, my top two. Working on getting them up though.

Get invited to QGJ then. Check our spreadsheet on the OP, and send the leader an ally invite. They are running T6 raids, so you just want one 6* hero, which will happen pretty soon. Being in a guild is really important...you get guild credit for doing daily things, which you turn into hero shards, including Rey, the single best hero in this game.

I would recommend reading the OP. I put a lot of good info in there for starting out, like don't work on Chewie or Luke (sadly, I have a 7* Luke and it did not work out). For the purposes of raid credit, get Luke to 6*, then work on Geo Soldier. Way better.

Leia is probably the best arena tokens hero, qgj is the best cantina token hero, and lumi/phasma are pretty tied for gw tokens. Phasma is better at arena, lumi is better at gw.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 16, 2016

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Malgrin posted:

Get invited to QGJ then. Check our spreadsheer on the OP, and send the leader an ally invite. They are running T6 raids, so you just want one 6* hero, which will happen pretty soon. Being in a guild is really important...you get guild credit for doing daily things, which you turn into hero shards, including Rey, the single best hero in this game.

I would recommend reading the OP. I put a lot of good info in there for starting out, like don't work on Chewie or Luke (sadly, I have a 7* Luke and it did not work out). For the purposes of raid credit, get Luke to 6*, then work on Geo Soldier. Way better.

Leia is probably the best arena tokens hero, qgj is the best cantina token hero, and lumi/phasma are pretty tied for gw tokens. Phasma is better at arena, lumi is better at gw.

Yeah I'm focusing on working Leia up as well as getting hold of the other two.

Chewie I just felt like I had to throw into early on because he's the only lightside tank you have early access to and that matters if you want to unlock stuff.

e: added myself to spreadsheet

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 15, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Yeah I'm focusing on working Leia up as well as getting hold of the other two.

Chewie I just felt like I had to throw into early on because he's the only lightside tank you have early access to and that matters if you want to unlock stuff.

e: added myself to spreadsheet

Add a bunch of us 80s as allies, and then you'll have no problem unlocking stuff.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Friend as many high level goons as you can, and slum it in Goongan Grand Army. We're only doing 4 and 5 star raids since all of the 7 star people consolidated and or left because of mods.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Finally an event I can participate in !

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Finally an event I can participate in !

God damnit I need to boost a couple of rebels. I have been all in on jaws's but it looks like I need to detour for a complete rebel squad.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I've now put my spreadsheet up on Reddit. Please upvote me so more people see this and we can get some data entry going:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4xx39f/mod_calculations_spreadsheet/

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Ok I have 7 star Biggs and landing(I know Biggs). 4 star luke and Akbar. Sth at 3 star and Leia at 2 stars. If I divert from jaws's to rebels what is my best bet for filling out the last three spots? Leia, sth and Akbar are all arena and my rating sucks because I don't want to tryhard on it so I am 2 packs a day there. Help me goons what is a good oath?(also Leia shows up about 1x a week if I am lucky from guild store.)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Ok I have 7 star Biggs and landing(I know Biggs). 4 star luke and Akbar. Sth at 3 star and Leia at 2 stars. If I divert from jaws's to rebels what is my best bet for filling out the last three spots? Leia, sth and Akbar are all arena and my rating sucks because I don't want to tryhard on it so I am 2 packs a day there. Help me goons what is a good oath?(also Leia shows up about 1x a week if I am lucky from guild store.)

That's basically it. HRS is Cantina tokens and hard, while HR Soldier is hard only. Wedge is still P2W only (but not for long). STH, Leia, AA are all arena. Biggs is GW, Luke is cantina battles. That's it. There is no one else.

e: I lied, I forgot about Lobot, Lando, and Han Solo. GL.

Between Lando and Luke, I'd actually focus on Lando. He's just so much better, cause Luke is pretty weak.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 16, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

That's basically it. HRS is Cantina tokens and hard, while HR Soldier is hard only. Wedge is still P2W only (but not for long). STH, Leia, AA are all arena. Biggs is GW, Luke is cantina battles. That's it. There is no one else.

e: I lied, I forgot about Lobot, Lando, and Han Solo. GL.

So it looks like I cantina battle luke up, arena to Akbar and switch cantina to hrs hoping for luck o. His hard modes. Is it soldier or scout that shows uo in guild store?

I think if I just work the 6 stars and hope that is enough I would still be at a min of 3 7* since luke is easy as hell to get. So I get Akbar to six and swap to sth or Leia depending on my luck with guild shipments.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 16, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Luke is very decent modded for speed and some crit in a rebel squad. Mine has 137 speed, 55% crit at gear 9 and with omega on his basic he has full meter near constantly from all the crits. I might very well bring him to g10 next.

(also sentimental value, he was my first 7* and itīs Mark Hamill !)

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Luke is very decent modded for speed and some crit in a rebel squad. Mine has 137 speed, 55% crit at gear 9 and with omega on his basic he has full meter near constantly from all the crits. I might very well bring him to g10 next.

(also sentimental value, he was my first 7* and it´s Mark Hamill !)

Yeah and he is really easy to farm, his first cantina node seems to drop shards about half the time I run it so he will be super easy to max. That plus maxing Akbar leaves only one hole to fill. I figure I try for hrscout and if possible replace him with sth if I can max Akbar fast enough.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I don't have rebels for poo poo but I am not going to be baited in to spending dollars.

I have leia, sthan, buggs at 80 7*. Luke at 70 5*, ackbar at 43 with max shards so I guess i'll do those. Lando at 45 but only 2*, han solo at 1 5*.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 16, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
IGD raid just about done, still missing a couple folks, please log on now to make sure you get in on the raid.

Rebel talk: Lando 80/G9, STH 80/G9, Han (5*) 80/G9, Akbar 60/G7, Leia 53/G6. Might switch out Akbar for Hoth Rebel Scout, who is 7*/60/G7, depends on who I want to have as leader. I do also have a 7* Biggs, but he is level 1 gear 1, and I was silly enough to waste some money on Wedge (but not enough money!), who is 5*/44/G6. I'm figuring it isn't worth leveling Biggs without Wedge at 7*, though he will be close to 6* at the end of the month I think.

I wish this event was Empire, because I was already working on them for potency mods. I also have a bunch of the Jawas with enough shards to 7* them but am so short on credits I can't see ever finishing them.

There is a pretty useful spreadsheet posted to reddit (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EKA-7dNcPhoK2Z2OkqlGFL68BmQzvmfGvr7e63ffqRA/edit?usp=sharing) and according to that, I need the following credits:

Rebels (all) $19,604,804
Rebels (leia/aa) $9,062,848
Empire $15,614,925
Jawas $31,637,437
Raid $6,339,688
Arena $11,981,738

We make, what, 3 mil a week or so? Maybe as high as 5 or 6 with the credit event? So I should be OK maybe for the upcoming Rebel thing, but unless it pays out big time, I am looking at another 3 weeks to finish Empire guys before I even start on Jawas, who would take over a month all on their own.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I refuse to be tricked into putting off my Jawa team for some event I am not at all prepared for. Even if I give rebels 100% of my attention, I doubt they will have the necessary stars, levels, gear, or even ability mats to compete the event.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Finally, my work assembling my rebels in anticipation of the first event coming back before the empire one has paid off.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What mods should i give to snackbar and luke?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Is there a list of ideal squad arrangements for rancor? I open with phasma 86 gs rey qgj.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

cowofwar posted:

Is there a list of ideal squad arrangements for rancor? I open with phasma 86 gs rey qgj.

I think your first team should be heavy TM manipulation + damage, because you want to speed down the rancor, then TM smash it until you think you can no longer land enough TM down, then drop the door on it before the speed debuff wears off. Then pound it once the door comes back up while retreating everyone you can. So for example I run: Phasma, GS, Rey, QGJ, Teebo if the door is available. Thats good for 600-800k damage depending on how many teebo procs I get.

Once i retreated everyone I run my worst guys into the rancor to build up the door meter and get a chomp out of the way before sending in my second team + whoever escaped. Second team usually has 86, RG, St Han, Lando, etc. 86 and RG are the last ones removed for retreated people.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So I've mentioned before that Old Ben/STHan teams always gave me trouble, but I've figured out a strat that pretty much trivializes them. My normal squad is a boring Phasma (L), QGJ, Rey, STHan, RG team, but against Old Ben/STHan, I sub in Yoda for the RG. The enemy team usually wastes their QGJ debuff on Rey's foresight, and Yoda is fast enough that he can do his team tenacity up before Ben acts, so he ends up wasting his big debuff. This team kinda sucks on defense though.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I had no idea roaming data was a thing. No galactic chrores for me today sorry guys.

The saga of tabs account may be coming to a close a mere month later. The newest :airquote:fix:airquote: is quite odd and she is trying to contact them just in case something is wrong. She is now level 1 again, somehow on a old whale server she has a different friend code. Here is where poo poo gets weird. All of or at least the majority of her unlocked characters are 7* level 1. One set is level 11. She has 45m and 5k crystals. A bunch of omegas, gear and a couple hundred to a few thousand training droids. Once she gets a answer on if everything is finally done and there will be no more gently caress ups she will be back, grumpy but back lol.

So without the star up cost how expensive is the credits to level 1-80? Also I am not sure wtf is going on with the account since the account level is 1 but it had a full squad at level 11.

So as a warning to anyone DO NOT play on a guest account for any reason.

Edit got a good number of getting fights autoing through with a air death squad. So pretty much 88(l), lando, rg, lumi and the last slot keeps switching between a couple of characters until jka is 6*. Unless he is usable at 5 stars then I will just slot him in. Anyone who lives through the first volly will either die at their turns start to the dots or maybe take 2 hits. All modded for potency to a min of 15%, critical damage as high as I can stack it. After those two it's health and defense mods that have critical chance on them. Def stat priority defense>health>>>>protection. Sticking to stacking these stats you should come out with a min of 175% crit damage, +15-20ish crit chance and the potency to stick rg stuns and all your crit damage dots from 88 lead. Def and health are both better than protection since def is a fairly large incoming damage reduction and health can be healed.

Double edit. Woke up and the account is now 80. I really hope they stop tinkering soon because if they keep this up they are bound to break the account again.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 17, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Double edit. Woke up and the account is now 80. I really hope they stop tinkering soon because if they keep this up they are bound to break the account again.

That's...pretty insane.

1-7* is about 2 million

1-80 is 4.6 mil

Gear starts costing nothing, but gets expensive past G8 (not compared to the above two...but it adds up).

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

That's...pretty insane.

1-7* is about 2 million

1-80 is 4.6 mil

Gear starts costing nothing, but gets expensive past G8 (not compared to the above two...but it adds up).

Yeah we are leaving the account alone till they say they are not touching it anymore. God only knows what kind of issues that could cause.

The bad side is that she will only be about 80% of her old combined levels plus stars. The good side is she can fix things like having 8 scoundrels leveled because three get added after you level a team and that kind of stuff.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Yeah we are leaving the account alone till they say they are not touching it anymore. God only knows what kind of issues that could cause.

The bad side is that she will only be about 80% of her old combined levels plus stars. The good side is she can fix things like having 8 scoundrels leveled because three get added after you level a team and that kind of stuff.

She also may have put credits and whatnot into heroes that aren't worth it, so that's good....

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I am bad at this game i added myself to spreadsheet let me play thanks.

Roba
221-363-624

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4y8ozu/my_9_month_old_account_was_deleted_due_to_a/

She could have ended up worse, much worse....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Lol no backups. Worst devs.