Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
But the conduit is like a real game for grown-ups and not kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
you know, if Anarchy Reigns had ever gotten a single advertisement, we'd probably be seeing a sequel (or a new game like MadWorld) on the WiiU. Holy poo poo, that game came out three years ago, it feels like it was released last year.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

the wii being a cheap 360p hunk of plastic with waggle sticks and selling out everywhere and everyone souring on it 9 months later and putting it at the bottom of their closet, and nintendo continuing to make half-baked toys with their franchises e.g. star fox: zero buys, metroid: touchscreen poo poo shooter, animal crossing: amiibo pyramid scheme festival, mario: the same poo poo you seen on the SNES and 64 but shorter and less distinctive, have really crapped on the perception of their products. my advice is they need to make something good and prima facie impressive that doesnt seem like a waggle stick stuffed into a 3d-printed plastic tablet hobby kit, instead of making bad things

They should release a proper Animal Crossig

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

SilverSupernova posted:

Many attempts to play Soul Caliber 2 and Mega Man Anniversary Collection say otherwise. The controller is fine for games that were specifically built around it (Smash, Luigi's Mansion) but pretty awful for almost everything else.

Megaman was on whoever decided to reverse the controls and not let you remap them. I still bitch about that and it's been well over a decade.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

smell this posted:

They should release a proper Animal Crossig

they are adding features to the old-rear end one so dont count on a real one anytime soon! maybe theyll make a lovely cell phone one

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Super No Vacancy posted:

they are adding features to the old-rear end one so dont count on a real one anytime soon! maybe theyll make a lovely cell phone one

They are, and a lovely cell phone Fire Emblem.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I'd be fine with a mobile Animal Crossing. It would depend how they go about it though.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
will we ever see a good metroid game again?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Microwaves Mom posted:

fed force is out in a few days

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they released one for the 3ds IDK if it's out yet though

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

John Lee posted:

Quick, somebody get Junpei in here to confirm this.

Can confirm

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Animal Crossing Go. Walk 10K to deliver a couch or some poo poo.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Germstore posted:

Animal Crossing Go. Walk 10K to deliver a couch or some poo poo.

this except you capture villagers with bug nets, and Pokemon Go gyms are replaced with Towns that get taken over

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Those who don't think the NX will be good can leave the thread thanks in advance

True believers only

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Those who don't think the NX will be good can leave the thread thanks in advance

True believers only

what is it

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'm sure VC will still be around on the NX.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

smell this posted:

what is it

A system for playing only Star Citizen.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Germstore posted:

A system for playing only Star Citizen.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

I played through and beat this game about a month ago.

It's...I mean it can be fun at times, but I wouldn't call it a gem. I think it's just a total letdown compared to No More Heroes.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

smell this posted:

i remember hearing poo poo about how the nintendo nx might have something where you like stack multiple nxs on eachother to connect them and get better performance

no video game console developer would ever actively waste its loving time implementing an sli configuration

let me just actively expose the combined cpu gpu chip to system level outside attacks through a direct port that requires no warranty stickers to be removed to even access

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 15, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Patter Song posted:

I played through and beat this game about a month ago.

It's...I mean it can be fun at times, but I wouldn't call it a gem. I think it's just a total letdown compared to No More Heroes.

I dug it a lot, but yeah, up 'till TMNT Mutants in Manhattan, that was Platinum's weakest title.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
NX theme song

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'll sign off on this.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

SilverSupernova posted:

Many attempts to play Soul Caliber 2 and Mega Man Anniversary Collection say otherwise. The controller is fine for games that were specifically built around it (Smash, Luigi's Mansion) but pretty awful for almost everything else.

Only problem with GC controller is the lack of a 4th shoulder button. Absolutely perfect layout and ergo otherwise. Unless you're some mutant whose thumbs naturally rest upon the d-pad/c-stick zone like the DS1/2/3 foolishly expected them to.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's not the GameCube controller's fault whatever lovely company made Mega Man anniversary collection decided to flip A and B the wrong way round.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

Blastball's demo is fun and they said they're looking into ideas for both 2D and Prime style games for the series a year or 2 ago.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

Blastball's demo is fun and they said they're looking into ideas for both 2D and Prime style games for the series a year or 2 ago.

here is hoping for 3 more paper mario games during that time

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

smell this posted:

here is hoping for 3 more paper mario games during that time

Maybe we'll luck out and the series will be good again after 3 games.
Until then I'll take solace in the thought that Kirby won't let me down.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Super Paper Mario is very good.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Please don't lie to people like this

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's very funny and has good scenarios. But like, a section where you have to grind points on a wheel until you can scheme your way out of essentially a gold farming factory is very funny on paper, fun to read about, and fun to watch a truncated version, but not actually fun to play through.

But what do I know, I actually liked Sticker Star.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

worse than sticker star tbh

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

super paper mario has both great and terrible parts while sticker star is just consistently bland.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Chapters 3 through 6 I would not describe as bland. 1 and 2 definitely, I think a lot of people give up there.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

People who harp on and on about the Treadmill puzzle while making excuses for that tree area in TTYD are rhetorically bankrupt.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Chapter 4 is heinously boring until you get to the last level
Chapter 5 has uninteresting environmental and level design in general
Chapter 6 starts out promising, but after the world gets destroyed you go back and walk through an empty wasteland for like five minutes or more

The only ones I'd say were any good are 3 and 8, maybe 7 too

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

DoctorWhat posted:

People who harp on and on about the Treadmill puzzle while making excuses for that tree area in TTYD are rhetorically bankrupt.

Which tree area, the one with the boob lady ghost or the one with the trans lady ghost?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The one with the pikmin tech where you run back and forth across 4 screens for two hours just talking to two people

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

That one at least has some neat ideas and is more fun than Chapter 4, which is just Backtrack Central

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the Twilight Princess part of TTYD was boring

• Locked thread