Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

TastyAvocado posted:

Lawler got faceplanted by Diaz.

lawler with hair is jarring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Cool, thanks for proving my point.

I don't know what your point is. If it is that Nate is a bum who requires months of training, hundreds of thousands of dollars for special training partners and coaches then I'm going to continue to call you stupid for buying wolf tickets.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
conor mcgregor

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Hmm maybe Conor McGraw is saying he trained really hard for the fight to help promote it? Just an idea I had in my head..

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Joe Duffy

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I don't know what your point is. If it is that Nate is a bum who requires months of training, hundreds of thousands of dollars for special training partners and coaches then I'm going to continue to call you stupid for buying wolf tickets.

Are you being sarcastic or are you just dumb?

If you read my post my point is pretty clear and its definitely not that.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I want to take moment to pay respect to Takeya Mizugaki who is going to get knocked the gently caress out this Saturday.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I just hope Conor is a good person and isn't cheating on Dee; they seem so happy together.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I want to take moment to pay respect to Takeya Mizugaki who is going to get knocked the gently caress out this Saturday.

mizugaki is a massive underdog against no love and honestly he could be wiley enough to give no love some grief. i'll be betting on my homeboy mizugaki with money and encouraging him with irl applause that he won't be able to hear.

sick fight though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Conor and Dangersim look out for each other because they both run out of breath trying to defend themselves.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Dom Cruz beat the dog poo poo outta Mizugaki after being clinically dead for 10 years, so Takeya smashing a man named Cody is the best possible outcome.

Also because it would maybe mean Lineker/Dodson winner gets the next title shot, which is Most Good.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
mcgregor isnt interested in rematching aldo and other shocking news shortly

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

SquirrelGrip posted:

mcgregor isnt interested in rematching aldo and other shocking news shortly

Well, he's gotta get that win back against Joe Duffy

And then he wants to see if he can finish Siver quicker.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm still on team Conor and will laugh and troll itt when he is triumphant this weekend, unless he loses which would be OK since Nate is cool.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
i will make fun of him until he defends a belt then i promise to stop ok

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dan Didio posted:

Jones posted this to his insta:

https://streamable.com/5in5

He is going to self destruct in such a big way when he is suspended for two years.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Conor is a good and cool fighter, but if you can't find the humor in "my opponent is a heavy bag with eyes, I am much better than him...which is why I've spent 300 grand on this camp and flown in the best sparring partners in the world and have fought 9,000 rounds in preparation to fight this guy who sucks" then I just don't know

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

threeagainstfour posted:

Conor is a good and cool fighter, but if you can't find the humor in "my opponent is a heavy bag with eyes, I am much better than him...which is why I've spent 300 grand on this camp and flown in the best sparring partners in the world and have fought 9,000 rounds in preparation to fight this guy who sucks" then I just don't know

this plus all the other dumb poo poo he says

"none of these flyweights can hang with me im hooge" said standing over bantamweight contender marcus brimage

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dangersim please do not spout off 4 beers deep hot takes on Conor McGregor we could get from any Irish construction worker at the bar.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

threeagainstfour posted:

He's also said he underestimated him and that he's a good, tough fighter :shrug:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dan Didio posted:

Conor and Dangersim look out for each other because they both run out of breath trying to defend themselves.

This is very good

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I was going to make fun of the "punching bag with eyes" comment since Conor only landed 37% of his strikes (per fight metric) on Nate in the 1st

But then I looked and he had the same or worse accuracy rates against:

- first round vs Chad
- vs Poirier
- vs Brandao
- 1st and 2nd vs Holloway

So maybe Conor's using that in the same way a "groundball with eyes" in baseball refers to a ball that can find the little gaps between the defense. Nate was a heavybag that could just slip away from Conor's punches

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I can't get into the USADA issue because it's still pending but let's just say Malki's supplement shopping trip may pay off.

I remember getting pushback after making this argument. I suspect that his team found a supplement on the market that was tainted with what he tested positive for, and he was able to claim thats what happened. Its not like every single company changes the formula and batch number dozens of times a year, its not odd to think maybe they could find some unexpired supplement that was on the market for a while that was tainted with what he took.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Well if you spend ten minutes winging hooks at a heavy bag, you'll probably be more tired than the bag, so he's not that off with the comparison.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Controversial opinion: Conor is good and fun

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Controversial opinion: Conor is good and fun

hmmmmmmmmmm yeah agreed

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I love Conor because he made my friend Nate a whole lotta money.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I'm hoping for a Diaz split decision win so McGregor will petition for a third fight to "really see who is the better fighter."

Just keep giving Nate hundreds of thousands of dollars to beat up the same guy over and over again.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Officially announced: UFC 204: Bisping vs Hendo 2 in Manchester 10/8

Also on card:
Mousasi vs Vitor
OSP vs Jimi Manuwa
Struve vs Ruslan Magomedov
Pickett vs Alcantara
Adriano Martins vs Leonardo Santos
Davey Grant vs Damian Stasiak

Not too shabby

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that looks super fun

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The announcement promo they put up on twitter for 204 really sucks because it doesn't have the two pieces of footage it absolutey should: Bisping screaming 'gently caress you' from atop the cage in slow-mo at Rockhold and Henderson sending Bisping into the shadow realm.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2FvDU3gJkM

"The other guys; setting up fights through text messages, that's silly."

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 15, 2016

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Northjayhawk posted:

I remember getting pushback after making this argument. I suspect that his team found a supplement on the market that was tainted with what he tested positive for, and he was able to claim thats what happened. Its not like every single company changes the formula and batch number dozens of times a year, its not odd to think maybe they could find some unexpired supplement that was on the market for a while that was tainted with what he took.

If that bullshit loophole works, then USADA is the dumbest bunch of motherfuckers out there and the UFC's drug testing program will suddenly be more of a joke than it was during the TRT era. I'd guessing 1) Jones is delusional or 2) he's gonna snitch on his dealer/camp/coach.

On another note,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2FvDU3gJkM

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mate, I've got one job on this forum and it's not glamorous, but I do it well. How dare you.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

*text messages u*

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Pretty sure that video shows something disturbingly similar to touchbutt in the park. Conor by R2 KO.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

K8.0 posted:

Pretty sure that video shows something disturbingly similar to touchbutt in the park. Conor by R2 KO.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

I keep forgetting Rumble-Glover's on that card. What a great card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

K8.0 posted:

Diaz hanging out in the park jogging, and Conor training 400 rounds with top ten opponents and going on 50 mile bike rides for Cardio. They have become one another.

• Locked thread