Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
If you aren't playing in the batman '66 skin you are not playing Arkham night right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr Hootington posted:

If you aren't playing in the batman '66 skin you are not playing Arkham night right.

Yeah sadly some of us are PC Master Race so we didn't get that one. The Keaton Batman is a nice consolation prize though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's really sad that my version of Arkham Origins had neither the Adam West nor the Batzrael costumes, as most of the others were awful.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It's really sad that my version of Arkham Origins had neither the Adam West nor the Batzrael costumes, as most of the others were awful.

All I wanted was to use the Knightfall Azbats costume, but nooooooooo stupid PS exclusive razza frazza

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Keaton's and the one from the animated series are just the perfect batmobiles, period. Batman & Robin is an honorable mention by adding a bit of flair without going overboard. Worst is definitely Forever's.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

redbackground posted:

All I wanted was to use the Knightfall Azbats costume, but nooooooooo stupid PS exclusive razza frazza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oou3IudIoC0

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Keaton's and the one from the animated series are just the perfect batmobiles, period. Batman & Robin is an honorable mention by adding a bit of flair without going overboard. Worst is definitely Forever's.

:wrong:

Bat mobile '66 is best then Keaton's then animated.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Travis343 posted:

Yeah sadly some of us are PC Master Race so we didn't get that one. The Keaton Batman is a nice consolation prize though.

Consoles get the upper hand this time. :smug:

I do wish the '66 pack had changed the Villians and other characters to '66 versions or inspired by versions.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
The worst part about the later Arkham games (besides Jason Todd) is that the post-game fuckin' around the city is highly unsatisfying. At the end of Origins, it's a total shitshow with snipers on every roof and OH WELL guess Gotham's gonna have a crappy morning, but not your problem, I guess!, and Knight's Gotham City is just as empty as D_T's balls after reading a Red Hood comic.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Travis343 posted:

What? That one's in there. I have it. It's just one of the stupid "race only" skins.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Let's all sign a pact to never use that analogy again.

The Red Hood one, I mean.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 14, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Realtalk: did not see the end of the Joker Jrs. plot coming. Suspected the one part, the next blindsided me.

"You will be... spectacular." gave me chills.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

END ME SCOOB posted:

What? That one's in there. I have it. It's just one of the stupid "race only" skins.

I meant the Batman 66 skin for Batman himself, that was a PS4 exclusive. PC got the car, Robin and Catwoman skins but not Batman. I assumed that's what he was talking about, playing the game as Batman '66.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh, oh. Lemme go check, for some reason I thought that was in there but looked shite. I know the lack of the car made me despair.

edit: You're right (is it supposed to be one of the two currently "locked" slots, or are those further suits I'm getting in the campaign?), the one I was thinking of that I would have used if it didn't look like poo poo was the Beyond suit. So I'm rocking Zur-en-Arrh.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 14, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So you're saying Zur-En-Arrh was a backup?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oh, oh. Lemme go check, for some reason I thought that was in there but looked shite. I know the lack of the car made me despair.

edit: You're right (is it supposed to be one of the two currently "locked" slots, or are those further suits I'm getting in the campaign?), the one I was thinking of that I would have used if it didn't look like poo poo was the Beyond suit. So I'm rocking Zur-en-Arrh.

One suit you get for completing 240%. Can't remember what the other is for (maybe the pristine game suit?).

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Toxxupation posted:

you son of a BITCH

edit: also in looking at those suits/DLC I totally confirmed my stupid theory I had from minute one about the Arkham Knight. Thanks, game.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 14, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

END ME SCOOB posted:

Last time I checked my PC version didn't have any "locked" suits so I think the 66 suit isn't on the menu at all. You're probably looking at another couple of campaign unlocks. I think you get the classic Arkham Asylum suit at the end and maybe an undamaged version of the Knight suit? Game's not installed, or I'd check.

Toxxupation posted:

:vince:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Let's all sign a pact to never use that analogy again.

The Red Hood one, I mean.

Not gonna lie: it's the funniest thing I've read all night.

And no, as far as I can tell, I have 66 Robin but not Batman and that's really annoying. (PC master race)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

The worst part about the later Arkham games (besides Jason Todd) is that the post-game fuckin' around the city is highly unsatisfying. At the end of Origins, it's a total shitshow with snipers on every roof and OH WELL guess Gotham's gonna have a crappy morning, but not your problem, I guess!, and Knight's Gotham City is just as empty as D_T's balls after reading a Red Hood comic.

I smell a new avatar brewing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
the Arkham series and women summed up in one single, perfect moment:

Poison Ivy purifies the toxin and saves the remnants of Gotham, dying in the process, leaving you holding a half-buttoned satin nightgown and making a bat-frown

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Is there an image of Grant Morrison in existence that doesn't make him look like a douchey magician?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Toxxupation posted:

Is there an image of Grant Morrison in existence that doesn't make him look like a douchey magician?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I mean, seriously.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

In that picture he looks uncannily similar to the youth pastor from my old church, which is quite funny in an ironic sort of way.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Daddy needs a new avatar now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hello BSS, I am dying of humidity, please send help to the swampland that used to be my home.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

We're doing the third episode of our event book podcast (http://eventfatiguepodcast.tumblr.com) tonight and we're covering the Infinity Gauntlet. Outside of recaps, I plan to talk about Starlin, Thanos as Thanatos, Warlock's space Jesus stuff, and Professor Hulk. Is there anything super cool regarding early 90s cosmic Marvel we would mention? Any questions to answer?

Also we're going to do a DC event next, though I'm the only DC fan in our group. Which one should we do for ease of access? I was thinking Identity Crisis since I know a lot of people got into DC through that, regrettable though it may be. Or maybe Millennium? What's a good one?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Little Mac posted:

Also we're going to do a DC event next, though I'm the only DC fan in our group. Which one should we do for ease of access? I was thinking Identity Crisis since I know a lot of people got into DC through that, regrettable though it may be. Or maybe Millennium? What's a good one?

Flashpoint? It's more immediate, I'd say, and the time is just about right to do a postmortem on it, since it's five years gone.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Futures End and all of the tie-in month :)

Y'might as well start with COIE.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Countdown/Final Crisis. I dare you.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Teenage Fansub posted:

Futures End and all of the tie-in month :)

Y'might as well start with COIE.

Thought about it, but after the first Secret Wars in the first episode we wanna wait to tackle another MASSIVE book.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I feel like Sinestro Corps War might be a good one?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Super pissed that Prez isnt getting any more issues. :smith:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SynthOrange posted:

Super pissed that Prez isnt getting any more issues. :smith:

Yeah, that sucks.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's getting an Election Special, which according to Russell is just 12 pages. No idea where that could appear. Backup in The Flintstones?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's getting an Election Special, which according to Russell is just 12 pages

Motherfucker. I cant tell if thats worse than nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
People told me the tank stealth sections were going to be what made me want to quit this game, but no, oh no.

It was most definitely the FPS sequence as the Joker.

God, that finale went on way too loving long. It's 4:30AM, christ.

• Locked thread