Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

GlitchThief posted:

There can't possibly be a downside!

aside from the highly addictive part of it and the constipation and possibly weakened immune system, they're pretty safe, as long as you don't overdose :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
how old are the aunts, Fatbeard? Are they looking to you to provide physical labor on the house for them?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

GlitchThief posted:

Jesus, that sounds goddamn amazing.

He's underselling it. Opiates are goddamn amazing, and that's why there have been addicts for at least 5000 years.

stringball posted:

aside from the highly addictive part of it and the constipation and possibly weakened immune system, they're pretty safe, as long as you don't overdose :downs:

Don't forget the resistance, which is why the overdose happens.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Yeah, i didn't think i needed a disclaimer that taking opiates for any reason other than a genuine medical need is an out right retarded idea, and I can't tell if some goons here are being ironic in saying it sounds great to take recreationally. I mean... it is, but it also has a very high chance to kill you at best, and turn you into a homeless, jobless, familyless, friendless H fiend sucking dicks for your next hit.

The fact ASF may be a raging addict of any and all substances, the world's most dysfunctional slum lord that has a penchant for flame grilled chairs, and dumpster diving hero of these forums, if there is anything we should credit the man for it's not amping up his opiate use to insane levels. I know he talks about taking Tramadol now and again but in the opiate world that poo poo is like babby's first pill.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Dick Trauma posted:

Nice to see the Dating Hostility Squad gnawing upon one another. :allears:

I'm so glad I left that thread. It is much better here with the decades-old toothpaste and a spare tooth to test it on

dpack_1 posted:

Yeah, i didn't think i needed a disclaimer that taking opiates for any reason other than a genuine medical need is an out right retarded idea, and I can't tell if some goons here are being ironic in saying it sounds great to take recreationally. I mean... it is, but it also has a very high chance to kill you at best, and turn you into a homeless, jobless, familyless, friendless H fiend sucking dicks for your next hit.

Yeah come on guys, leave it to the post-Soviet roach motel experts

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
It seems like every other Slav I've met in western Europe has stories of some crazy relative from the Old Country trying to hustle them for their EU riches, and I always think "why don't you just tell them to go gently caress themselves, what are they gonna do?"

Nice to hear the other side of the story.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
:siren: poo poo's going down, I just hired Nicholas! :siren:

There's no time like right now. And I think I just might have shot myself in the foot with a weird e-mail I sent to the neighbor lady from Bruno's town.

What happened is that I was flipping the gently caress out this Monday, so I bought me some xannies and (of course) overdosed on them. It wasn't even a good feeling, benzos just get me woozy and sedated while I'm still freaking out in the background. I'm not sure how much I gobbled down, but I was hosed up enough to pen a most bizarre letter to the neighbor lady, in which I sperged out about my bathroom sink spigot (!!!) and then launching into a bitchfest about my aunts, on how they turned on me when I was in dire need of money. Ow.
Sure, the letter just screams schizophrenia - for some reason, I penned it on a piece of A4 paper, TWO pages with grease flecks here and there, which I then scanned in. The text is formatted really strange, looks like your most stereotypical schizophrenic scribbles with forums bbcode. On paper. Yeah. :ughh:

I sent out this e-mail on Monday, I of course can't remember writing and sending it, I accidentally discovered the email in my outbox and it gave me quite a pause. I can only guess what the neighbor lady thought of it.

Since I basically hurled poo poo at the fan with this schizo letter, I thought that I might as well hire Nicholas right here and now. I don't know how this will pan out, but I will keep you updated! :D

:ughh:

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Please post the scan of the letter.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

C'mon sweaty don't hire Nicholas, this idea is terrible

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
When you are sober/not high calmly walk over to your neighbor lady and casually strike up a conversation about the weather. Steer the conversation to family and let her know you don't have any aunts.

Next day get a bit drunk (not so much you forget your mission) and ramble on crazily about those drat aunts.

She'll get the idea.

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:

Stinky_Pete posted:

I'm so glad I left that thread. It is much better here with the decades-old toothpaste and a spare tooth to test it on

That thread used to be so much fun and then it somehow got more cliquey than 7th grade.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah even if it's in a language most of us can't read, still wanna see it. Also stay away from Nicholas!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Fatbeard this is an easy one, firstly if you were so hosed you dont remember it your writing was likely 90% illegible and secondly you can just play it off as a wrong person/attachment thing.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

ASF it feels like you choose the most bizarre or dramatic way to deal with these situation but maybe it just comes naturally?

Anyways, I'll be passing through Zagreb in early september, if you are interested in meeting up we can arrange something via email or something. I promise I'm relatively harmless :) Can bring some hobo beer or even some nice stuff from Denmark (no opiates, sorry).

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving ASF!

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

stringball posted:

Don't recovering opiate addicts suffer from premature ejaculation as well?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I don't think I can do that, for some reason I repeatedly dropped dox in the letter, even that lady's dox with phone numbers and everything. Posting this letter would've been unwise for a multitude of reasons.

Fruits of the sea posted:

ASF it feels like you choose the most bizarre or dramatic way to deal with these situation but maybe it just comes naturally?

I think I'm subconsciously fishing for drama. This is a decidedly negative aspect of my personality. I'm always brewing poo poo but then I end losing a lot of sleep over my actions. ED defines this as "chronic troll syndrome" which can, as they say, only be cured with a bullet to the head. (Poor bullet.)

Another thing I realized about my personality in a weed stupor is negative as well, I'm apparently a tremendous hipster doofus as well. Without going into detail, I can tell you that I'm unironically enjoying the music produced by the third world. In practice this means Big Band music from North Korea, 1970s disco from India and 1970s funk/rock from Turkey.

Fruits of the sea posted:

Anyways, I'll be passing through Zagreb in early september, if you are interested in meeting up we can arrange something via email or something. I promise I'm relatively harmless :) Can bring some hobo beer or even some nice stuff from Denmark (no opiates, sorry).

Can do. It's going to be through email, right? Or maybe you should invest in plat that would've given you access to PM. I dunno. :)

mcustic posted:

Happy Thanksgiving ASF!

This is a redneck thing. Guns are fired, Bibles thumped and Nazi songs are sung. This obviously means so much to me that I seriously had to look up on Wikipedia if there's some sort of local holiday going on and that this is the reason why the corner grocery store was closed for the day.

I'm high as gently caress atm, gobbled up some biperiden - but I didn't lose my poo poo this time. I asked Mr. Weed to keep the pills for me and that he should NOT, under any circumstances, give me more than 10mg worth of stuff per day. So far the deal has been going extremely well. I even instructed him on how he should punch me into the face if I start flipping out, brewing drug-fueled chaos in the Roach Tower. So far so good.

Also, it's absolutely incredible that fate has brought the two of us together. I recently found out that he too is a looneybin jockey and that he has had access to Biperiden before; not only that, but he too flipped out a few times on this drug. He told me one time on how he had stuffed his washing machine with kitchen trash because "the trash was filthy and that it would've been rude to throw out dirty trash."

We laughed at our escapades and I told him of the relatively forgotten meat fiasco.
And there was another incident during which I mistook a fridge for a clothes wardrobe and stuffed the fridge with laundry. (I can't find this post atm)

So there you go. Unmei no deai deshita. :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Just wanted to add one more thing I haven't spoken about before.

I have a half-sister (same dad, different mother) who is two years my senior. She first tried to make contact with me back in 2006 but I shrugged off her letter since I've been doing seriously unwell at the time, with suicidal intentions and all around being the kind of person you wouldn't want to associate with. I never threw away that physical letter, but instead I swore to go into therapy, get well and then make a contact with her.

This sort of dragged on; I only had but a few months of freedom after the death of my mom in 2012, before I got under the weather again with my cancer thing.

Then I did something that you'll only see in cheesy Lifetime network movies - I wrote a will - something that's extremely uncommon in croatia - in which I seriously left $140,000 worth of real estate to her because I expected to kick the bucket before too long.

Imagine yourself finally making a first contact with your long-lost brother, only to realize that he's about to keel over from cancer and that he wants you to have all of his stuff. That must have been a shock, but she took it gracefully.

My will is top-secret stuff. Aunts know nothing of it.

At the same time, I included my aunts in the will, giving them all of my properties on the coast - basically admitting that if I didn't sell my share of real estate on the coast before dying, that they would've gotten it anyway.

I already told you about the abject poverty I've been living in during the chemo. My GP forbade me to dumpster dive since my immune system was fried because of chemo, and heavens forbid that I picked up some sort of bacteria from the trash. At this point, my friends and neighbors jumped in and helped me to pull through, but as I've already said, my aunts blew me off in a cynical and very rude manner.

The aunts visited me a few months ago. They saw me struggling with the dumpsters and on how I had to sell pieces of my computer just so I'd be able to buy my daily bread and butter. At that time, I managed to sell an old computer power supply to some kid for $20 but the PSU was DOA and I swore to give him back his money (I always stand behind the stuff I sell.)

The problem was that I simply didn't have twenty bucks to give him back.
At this point, one of my aunts jumped in and said the following; "we have decided to credit you with twenty dollars."
I mean, seriously? "We have decided?" Who the gently caress do you think you are, some sort of tribal council wiseguy?

This incident just went to show that they have learned absolutely nothing. I begrudgingly took the money and gave it to the kid.

At this point, I'm seriously thinking about altering my will, completely writing the aunts out of it, instructing that my share of the land is to be sold and the money passed out amongst the poorest of the poor.

As I said, I'm not easily insulted but this poo poo really takes the cake and I won't stand quiet. <:mad:>

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I don't think I can do that, for some reason I repeatedly dropped dox in the letter, even that lady's dox with phone numbers and everything. Posting this letter would've been unwise for a multitude of reasons.

Could you post it with the dox bits redacted? It's not too hard in Gimp/Photoshop/Paint to black out whole blocks of text.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Why aren't you getting income from your coastal properties? Or are you?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Stinky_Pete posted:

Why aren't you getting income from your coastal properties? Or are you?

Dude. Are you not aware that up until a few months ago, the house was literally brimming with damp and smelly trash? It's not just that the house is in a terrible shape after decades of neglect, it doesn't even have indoor plumbing - if you want to take a crap, you need to step into the back yard and head for the equally decrepit and trashed outhouse.

The house is in such a terrible shape that investing into it, fixing all the broken crap and stuff, makes absolutely no economic sense. I'd literally have to PAY someone (ostensibly a tourist) to crash at my place, it's like the real-life Addams family mansion.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
The coastal property is the one you own a share of(inherited?) with your lovely aunts who have neglected it, right?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Dude. Are you not aware that up until a few months ago, the house was literally brimming with damp and smelly trash? It's not just that the house is in a terrible shape after decades of neglect, it doesn't even have indoor plumbing - if you want to take a crap, you need to step into the back yard and head for the equally decrepit and trashed outhouse.

The house is in such a terrible shape that investing into it, fixing all the broken crap and stuff, makes absolutely no economic sense. I'd literally have to PAY someone (ostensibly a tourist) to crash at my place, it's like the real-life Addams family mansion.

Why not sell the land and let some developer demolish it? Is there just no market for it?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

lohli posted:

The coastal property is the one you own a share of(inherited?) with your lovely aunts who have neglected it, right?

quote:

At the same time, I included my aunts in the will, giving them all of my properties on the coast - basically admitting that if I didn't sell my share of real estate on the coast before dying, that they would've gotten it anyway.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Seriouspost ahead. Sorry for poo poo grammar, I'm not "all there" this morning.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that I've completely lost the control over my life. It's not just the utter absence of impulse control or my extremely warped assessment of my own mental state, it's mostly because I realized that I'm constantly picking fights with everything and everyone for the sake of fostering my misplaced butthurt over the whole world.

Sure, my aunts are dumb and all that, but they don't really deserve what I had in store for them, and what I've been doing is working to even further ostracize me from the society as a whole. That doesn't make any sense, no matter how you look at it.

I'm a complete rear end in a top hat and a drunkard. It's early in the morning over here in Croatia as I'm typing this, and I'm sipping on budget vodka to temporarily dull the pain. What is causing that pain? I'm salty over my own actions that took place in the past, yet my current mental state is rigged in such a way that would only cause further butthurt and alienation from everyone. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy and a vicious cycle.

The strange thing is that I simply don't know what I'm supposed to be so butthurt over, yet I'm hellbent on brewing further butthurt, as strange at it may seem.

You know, couple of years ago my then-therapist recommended hospitalization because she (correctly) assumed that my mental state is way too hosed to be dealt with in a walk-in clinic she worked at. At those times I pushed the idea aside because I simply didn't have the money to pay for a bus fare to the looneybin - the hospital is located in the suburbs and there's a 45-minute bus ride from my house to the hospital.

I am now revisiting the idea because now I can actually afford to do this and something has to be done to halt this downward spiral before it's too late.

See, I'm not actively suicidal, but I have this guttural feeling that my demise will eventually be brought about by my own hand, in one way or another. I will ask to have myself committed before I hurt myself and/or someone else - I don't mind hurting my own self, hell I've spent three decades doing just that, but I can't bear to hurt innocent bystanders - and I'm in such a state that I simply cannot detect that I may be hurting someone else. This entire thread is a testament to that fact.

Fortunately, I still have a tiny sliver of common sense. I've been offered guns and weapons in the past, but I refused to buy any of it and go completely unarmed - knowing full well that I'm just about hosed enough to actually put those weapons to use - on myself or someone else - doesn't really matter.

My alcoholism is really getting out of hand. I also have no impulse control nor any common sense - hence my repeated, pharmaceuticals-induced fuckups. Giving me sedatives is completely pointless, as I'll just burn through the months' worth of supply over the course of one evening, engage in a huge drug-induced fuckup, and then be back on square one (or even further back.)

This needs to stop.

I'm going back to the looneybin this Tuesday.

As far as this thread is concerned, I don't feel that it had jumped the shark just yet, but I feel that blathering on about drug fueled fuckups has grown rather stale.

I bet I'll have interesting stories to tell in the future.

As always, will keep you updated. :)

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Godspeed ASF, recognizing you need help and wanting to change are the two most important factors to recovery. I hit a similar point a year ago and made serious effort to find a therapist and work towards positive change. You can do the same, but you'll only be wasting your time if you aren't committed to the work. It sounds like you're coming to a point where you will be.

Good luck.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

ASF, you never stop amazing me. You're two parts trainwreck and one part common sense. Keep on keeping on, hope the looneybin works out for you buddy.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Sonny, take care of yourself. Keep us posted with tales from this "looneybin" (but not at your expense).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm glad to hear this, ASF.

We'd all rather laugh with you than at you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Glad to hear you're looking for help, and I hope you get what you need. Good luck and let us know how you're doing when you get the chance.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
You sure about this? Croatian psych ward doesn't really conjure up a good image, even the psych ward's in North America is pretty loving dismal.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Millow posted:

You sure about this? Croatian psych ward doesn't really conjure up a good image, even the psych ward's in North America is pretty loving dismal.

They are pretty okay, despite being chronically underfunded.

Good luck ASF, also send me a PM if you're going to Rebro, I have a friend that works at the psych ward there.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Millow posted:

Given the American health care system it would look like you have these two things mixed up.

I'd choose an eastern European looneybin over an American psych ward any day of the week.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I send you my best wishes for good health, ASF.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Gervasius posted:

They are pretty okay, despite being chronically underfunded.

Good luck ASF, also send me a PM if you're going to Rebro, I have a friend that works at the psych ward there.

Croatian healthcare system is pretty decent. Our hospitals are quite old but they're generally maintained well and constantly upgraded, I must admit though, that the whole system is often held in one piece and running through sheer enthusiasm of the staff who are underpaid and overworked.

My health insurance policy runs me around $12 per month which is a decidedly symbolic amount of money - and they seriously cured me of cancer for these twelve bucks, I didn't have to chip in anything extra. Pretty neat, eh? :)

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Croatian healthcare system is pretty decent. Our hospitals are quite old but they're generally maintained well and constantly upgraded, I must admit though, that the whole system is often held in one piece and running through sheer enthusiasm of the staff who are underpaid and overworked.

My health insurance policy runs me around $12 per month which is a decidedly symbolic amount of money - and they seriously cured me of cancer for these twelve bucks, I didn't have to chip in anything extra. Pretty neat, eh? :)

Well I'm back into being hype about the idea of destroying my life and moving to Croatia.

Do you have any spare apartments that aren't flooded and have a functional toilet?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

GlitchThief posted:

Well I'm back into being hype about the idea of destroying my life and moving to Croatia.

Do you have any spare apartments that aren't flooded and have a functional toilet?

Actually, I'm lying - my health insurance doesn't cost me $12 - I looked up today's exchange rate and it turned out that I'm paying exactly $10.43 per month which gives me access to free meds, free dental care, free psychiatric care, free paramedic services and other goodies. Croatia has done plenty of things wrong, but our healthcare system is seriously good. :)

As far as the apartments are concerned, if I kick Waldo out at the end of this month, Property C will be vacant. I'll have to pay to have the apartment fumigated and the walls repainted, but apart from those two minor problems, the apartment is in a very good shape, the furniture is only around a year old and there's a gas stove installed in the kitchen - natural gas is very cheap over here, if you're cooking for yourself at home every day, which is something you should be doing anyway, your gas bill will be around $8 per month, $10 tops. :)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I hope you can get things sorted out for yourself.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

This sounds like a good decision if you're really feeling out of control. Good luck! I really hope it works out for you!

(And post when you get out!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Or post from inside the looney bin if they'll let you!