Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Now chicken doesn't look like a word anymore after reading this. And I'm uncharacteristically mad that the binary in one of the figures doesn't spell anything in 'chicken'...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Now chicken doesn't look like a word anymore after reading this. And I'm uncharacteristically mad that the binary in one of the figures doesn't spell anything in 'chicken'...

I find that it slowly turns into 'kitchen' for some reason.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is this Breaking Bad Season 5 or Malcom in the Middle season 5?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is this Breaking Bad Season 5 or Malcom in the Middle season 5?

It's Break So Bad Season 5 it says it right there.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bralcolm in the Braddle

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Well I think that's a loaded question, nobody with an ounce of intelligence would ever be asked this. So I guess that's what I'd have to say to that question. I would say you can't actually tell someone's stupidity or lack of common sense by looking at them.

I call it Smartism and I think we need to wrrrraaaawrrrgh

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

:(

Although I managed to download the Metroid 2 remake before it got taken down, so gently caress off, Nintendo.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Railing Kill posted:

:(

Although I managed to download the Metroid 2 remake before it got taken down, so gently caress off, Nintendo.

And it's a better thirty year anniversary celebration than anything Nintendo would have done
:colbert:

Riot Carol Danvers has a new favorite as of 14:18 on Aug 14, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h2...fbWXaMoCXWaTn8x

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

:jerry:

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Paging Jastiger to the thread.....

\/ \/ sorry, phone posting and didn't unfuck my img tags in time \/

JnnyThndrs has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Aug 14, 2016

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

JnnyThndrs posted:

Paging Jastiger to the thread.....

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Cross posting for posterity

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

:drat:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

And it's a better thirty year anniversary celebration than anything Nintendo would have done
:colbert:

:agreed:
It's so well done, both increasing the content and difficulty in not unfair ways, and the controls feel really really good. I basically think of it as Zero Mission 2.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Choco1980 posted:

:agreed:
It's so well done, both increasing the content and difficulty in not unfair ways, and the controls feel really really good. I basically think of it as Zero Mission 2.

Not to continue the derail, but I've followed AM2R for the last 4+ years. The really frustrating thing about is that: (1) the creator sent notice to Nintendo at the very beginning of the project to let them know what he was doing (they never responded); and (2) he made a big demo called "Metroid: Confrontation" about two years ago and Nintendo didn't say poo poo about it. They literally waited until he completely finished his work, then sent the DMCA notice (and I'm sure they'll send a cease and desist shortly). I have no doubt we will see a "Return of Samus" remake in the next year or two capitalizing on Dr. M's work (oh the irony).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

1redflag posted:

Not to continue the derail, but I've followed AM2R for the last 4+ years. The really frustrating thing about is that: (1) the creator sent notice to Nintendo at the very beginning of the project to let them know what he was doing (they never responded); and (2) he made a big demo called "Metroid: Confrontation" about two years ago and Nintendo didn't say poo poo about it. They literally waited until he completely finished his work, then sent the DMCA notice (and I'm sure they'll send a cease and desist shortly). I have no doubt we will see a "Return of Samus" remake in the next year or two capitalizing on Dr. M's work (oh the irony).

You're right. Clearly this major corporation waited until the game was released to the internet (and thus would be forever available even if not officially) in order to be mean bullies and steal his work. This is a completely logical and likely outcome.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ImpAtom posted:

You're right. Clearly this major corporation waited until the game was released to the internet (and thus would be forever available even if not officially) in order to be mean bullies and steal his work. This is a completely logical and likely outcome.

This is what gamers unironically think. I've met a lot of people who seriously think the lack of metroid and earthbound is some grand conspiracy, because if they made a new metroid or release mother 3 in English they would totally be the most popular selling games ever guys, Nintendo is just blind.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol if you think that major corporations always act rationally.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Nuebot posted:

This is what gamers unironically think. I've met a lot of people who seriously think the lack of metroid and earthbound is some grand conspiracy, because if they made a new metroid or release mother 3 in English they would totally be the most popular selling games ever guys, Nintendo is just blind.

Honestly I'm assuming that the lack of a response was the opposite of malicious. Maybe whoever saw the remake pretended not to notice so that it could at least be finished. Now that it's out on the internet it's not going away, after all. People will still get it no matter what Nintendo say.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/57C1...dFKZb.jkwufitVL

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Usain Bolt. :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Slime posted:

Honestly I'm assuming that the lack of a response was the opposite of malicious. Maybe whoever saw the remake pretended not to notice so that it could at least be finished. Now that it's out on the internet it's not going away, after all. People will still get it no matter what Nintendo say.

They probably didn't care about someone announcing that they're going to do a fan remake because like 99% of those go nowhere. There's not really a good reason to mail out a letter for something that most likely won't happen.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

They probably didn't care about someone announcing that they're going to do a fan remake because like 99% of those go nowhere. There's not really a good reason to mail out a letter for something that most likely won't happen.

Plus with US copyright law, Nintendo definitely has to preform some form of action to protect their brands and IP. So in the best (but unlikely scenario) Nintendo wants to support it's fanbase and has to pretend that they didn't see the project, and then act when their hand is forced by their lawyers. Meanwhile in the worst (but also unlikely scenario) Nintendo hates their fans, and deliberately waited until it was out in order to make people feel the worst.

The most likely scenario is that Nintendo has expensive lawyers who they would rather pull out when there is a legitimate brand-damaging infringement, and so they didn't do anything until it got to the point where AM2R could be used as an example in a court of law.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

umalt posted:

Plus with US copyright law, Nintendo definitely has to preform some form of action to protect their brands and IP.

Copyright requires no such thing, as it happens. It can only be given up explicitly.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

This is like looking at a real life version of EGA graphics.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

umalt posted:

Plus with US copyright law, Nintendo definitely has to preform some form of action to protect their brands and IP.

That's trademarks you're thinking of there, which you can lose if you don't defend it as it can be considered abandonment of the trademark.

e: oh poo poo pictures thread, not stupid questions:
eat a dick ryan

Big Bad Beetleborg has a new favorite as of 03:36 on Aug 15, 2016

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha, that's the most evilly genius thing I've ever seen.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
The field's broken.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
vidoe games.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

efb

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

mirthdefect posted:

That's trademarks you're thinking of there, which you can lose if you don't defend it as it can be considered abandonment of the trademark.

Whoops, my bad. Thanks for the correction.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

muscles like this? posted:

Tell that to Square Enix.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Bill Murray signing some dude's head:

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

What's great about this is that this photo is the product of a professional sports photographer, taken during a super important race with a ridiculously expensive camera and lens, in which the competitors are running in a straight line down an established and demarcated 100 metre stretch at an agreed time... and it's STILL blurred to poo poo.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

What's great about this is that this photo is the product of a professional sports photographer, taken during a super important race with a ridiculously expensive camera and lens, in which the competitors are running in a straight line down an established and demarcated 100 metre stretch at an agreed time... and it's STILL blurred to poo poo.

That's a deliberate stylistic choice though. It's a bit like saying "Heh, look at those idiot camera operators on 24, can't even hold their cameras steady! Ever heard of a tripod, idiots?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Yeah, picking the shutter speed so that your subject's face is sharp while the background is motion blurred on a quick pan takes a bit of skill.

e: well, skill and continuous shooting

Lizard Combatant has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Aug 15, 2016

• Locked thread