Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Any idea why my iPad (Retina display) often fails to load a page with error code -1001? I never get it on my iPhone 6S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I opened the app and was logged out and all the settings (all like 5 of them) had reverted back to default on me. I son't know why this happened, I never hit log out and I've never had it do this before. What did I break.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Sometimes when I have multiple pages of thread lists in a forum index open and I refresh the list (either by pulling down or by going back into the forum index), the list of threads doesn't go back to being one page and it seems like pagination stops working correctly too.

3.16 SE

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rob was taken posted:

For what it's worth, that bug that showed the unread post count as x... has been fixed in the new iOS 10 beta

Seeing this on the new public beta released too, phew.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think awful has been devouring my battery recently. It's been getting pretty warm running awful mostly. Battery usage says 55% in last 24 hrs was awful.

IPhone 6s

Seemed to be a one off. Disregard

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 19, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I love the app but I do wish I had not updated :(

The landscape freeze on iOS is a complete killer.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Mango Polo posted:

I love the app but I do wish I had not updated :(

The landscape freeze on iOS is a complete killer.

Shittingdicknipples it's no joke. This seems like something I'd like, donate or go beta over. What can I do to help since my stupid palsy hands can't type in portrait mode, and I love this app so

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is there a way to not go to the next page/reload the page if I scroll all the way down to the bottom? It's happened too much where I'm scrolling down to get to the bottom and accidentally pull too hard/much and either go on to the next page or reload and end up at the top again.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a way to not go to the next page/reload the page if I scroll all the way down to the bottom? It's happened too much where I'm scrolling down to get to the bottom and accidentally pull too hard/much and either go on to the next page or reload and end up at the top again.

There's an option in the settings menu for 'pull for next page'. If you toggle that off, it may have the desired effect.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boris Galerkin posted:

Yes and YOU'RE WELCOME

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I'm getting a code 500 when trying to post with the img tags, any fix to that or is imgur being lame?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

George Zimmer posted:

I'm getting a code 500 when trying to post with the img tags, any fix to that or is imgur being lame?
What are you putting inside the img tags?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Nothing, uploading directly from my phone.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

e: phoneposting images are working ok for me

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you're uploading from library instead of using img tags try cropping like 1px off your image

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Regular Nintendo posted:

If you're uploading from library instead of using img tags try cropping like 1px off your image

E: that worked, thanks!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It bothers me when I accidentally hit back to the bookmark page and then try and side swipe to return and I get the delete thread thing instead of returning.

I have no solution for this I just want to complain.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

drunken officeparty posted:

It bothers me when I accidentally hit back to the bookmark page and then try and side swipe to return and I get the delete thread thing instead of returning.

make sure you start the swipe from off the screen

carry on then fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 19, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Regular Nintendo posted:

That works. Any reason why it works?

Also my phone drain issue seemed to be a freak thing. Disregard

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

That works. Any reason why it works?

Also my phone drain issue seemed to be a freak thing. Disregard

I feel like I heard something about imgur's api being weird or something

Weedle
May 31, 2006

As of just now, I can't load any threads in the app on my iPad or iPhone. They all return an error saying I need archives, which I have. I deleted and redownloaded the app and it won't let me log in, saying my username or password is incorrect.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Weedle posted:

As of just now, I can't load any threads in the app on my iPad or iPhone. They all return an error saying I need archives, which I have. I deleted and redownloaded the app and it won't let me log in, saying my username or password is incorrect.
I had issues loading the site in Chrome on my desktop, which were very recently fixed. Try again now?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

anthonypants posted:

I had issues loading the site in Chrome on my desktop, which were very recently fixed. Try again now?

Yup, back to working. I tested it in my browser and it worked fine while it kept loving up in the app. Weird.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Weedle posted:

Not that it helps but iirc this error message happens for other issues, I think I saw it when the forums were down

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

drunken officeparty posted:

carry on then posted:

make sure you start the swipe from off the screen

Currently a right-to-left swipe collides between the gesture shortcuts for Delete Thread and Return To Current/Last Thread View, distinguished (as you point out) only by whether the swipe started close enough to the edge of the screen or not... which can be tricky if your phone case has any kind of lip on the right side. But there's no gesture shortcut on the Bookmarks screen associated with a left-to-right swipe!

SOLUTIONS??
• So maybe make the Delete Thread gesture shortcut be that left-to-right swipe, exposing the Delete button on the left side behind the thread icons? Then a right-to-left swipe can't start deleting a thread at all.
• Or if the swipe direction is a dealbreaker, I'd be in favor of removing the Delete Thread gesture shortcut entirely.

I will personally thank, and mean it, themsoever who implements one and/or both of these solutions on my Awful app on my phone. My post is my bond.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

After reading many threads or pages in a thread the app will often crash out. When I reload it and go back to the page that crashed it usually it loads fine. Latest ios9 on a 5s.

Storysmith
Dec 31, 2006

I've gotten the bouncing bookmarks page twice in the last week after not getting it this whole time. I'm not complaining, I'm bragging. It's an awesome bug and if you ever get it triggering reliably enough to fix it please consider making a "bounce the bookmarks" Easter egg.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
This page of this thread seems to reliably crash Awful

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757299&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=228

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
It's got a bunch of youtube videos on it but it doesn't crash Awful for me. iPhone 6s, iOS 10 beta 7

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Hmm, yea any visit to that page and Awful just closes.

iPhone 6+, iOS 9.3.4

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

anthonypants posted:

It's got a bunch of youtube videos on it but it doesn't crash Awful for me. iPhone 6s, iOS 10 beta 7

Beta 7 already? They're cutting drivers much faster than I seem to remember from last year.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
In SA Mart put Buy as the title and Sell came out. This is the second time. I made triple sure the B was highlighted and it showed up in the preview as "B" and when it posted it came out as an "S".

I use the iPhone app and have an iPhone 6s Plus.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Storysmith posted:

I've gotten the bouncing bookmarks page twice in the last week after not getting it this whole time. I'm not complaining, I'm bragging. It's an awesome bug and if you ever get it triggering reliably enough to fix it please consider making a "bounce the bookmarks" Easter egg.

This is cool and good for you, but have you considered: 🖕:nsamad: gently caress you,

not at the Easter egg part, I want that too

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What's the best way to post pictures? I get an error when I try to post from library. Also I'm either being dumb or I can't get a link from my imgur apps that works with the [img] tags.

E-Ok I AM dumb, that just worked fine posting from my library.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Snowy posted:

What's the best way to post pictures? I get an error when I try to post from library. Also I'm either being dumb or I can't get a link from my imgur apps that works with the [img] tags.

E-Ok I AM dumb, that just worked fine posting from my library.

I'm sorry you got thrown in that hole, Bruce Wayne. The secret is to take the rope off.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

That's a cool picture

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did you take that yourself? Are you trapped at the bottom of a giant well?

I suggest calling rescue services instead of worrying about the something awful iphone apps bbcode implementation

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Thanks for the new phone background, goon stuck in a well!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It's at the bottom of an old abandoned kiln built into a mountain, but I'm not trapped anymore thank you Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

App randomly freezes when the screen rotates. No idea why it happens on both threas indexes and on posts. iPhone 5 IOS 9.3.4

• Locked thread