Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I bought some guildball stuff see all you losers in hell!!

But in warmen news I played a game against the local organizer/press ganger guy and it did not go well. He was running stryker 2 with 2 units of storm lances, laddermore, 2 heavies, and some stuff against my malakov 2 list. He went first and ran up the board and basically had me zoned out of everything so I went gently caress it, advanced Malakov, Feated, and ran my heavies up in response. On his turn he did all his charges and the like and not much died because of my rad as hell feat! I took some damage on torch, lost 2 WGRC, and took some damage on fenris and the Drakhun. On my turn I had a line onto Stryker with Beast09 and charged him, missing on the charge attack (needed a 10, rolled 4 dice, got a 7. Fuuuuck)

Basically from there it all went downhill and a lot of my guys got poo poo on/died. On the last turn I have another line to Stryker and decent odds of winning. I throw fighting dirty on my Drakhun (who is sadly unmounted), toss up a veil of mists, and he charges. needs an 8 to hit, and I roll a 5. Fuuuuuuuck. My remaining eliminator charges in, hits on the first attack, does a bit of damage, side steps to the back arc, and misses because fuuuuuuuuck. So she's now stuck in melee with stryker and costs me the game. My WGRC move up and toss shots at stryker, killing my drakhun and then missing every shot, since I can't CRA into melee, and they need 12's to hit.

Anyways my dice are my enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

gannyGrabber posted:

Which guild?

Probably going to take the plunge into X-Wing or Guild Ball because I'm not really sure where to go faction-wise with WMH - I'm probably quitting Circle but not sure what to replace it with or how much to focus on Ret since I still like Fury a lot more than Focus, and waiting out the first errata before I decide.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I went to a store across town and traded in a big 'ol stack of old rear end magic cards for $430 bux of store credit (which is hella rad, since the vast majority of my magic cards came from drafts/christmas stockings from many years ago). I bought the Masons starter for myself since I think they are the best looking, was almost gonna get Hunters. I also picked up Marbles, Chisel, and Flint so I have a full team of men+ladies. I also grabbed up the union, brewer, and fishermen starters to give to siblings so they will play too!

I didn't grab the rulebook since it's all online, but considering my intense hate for PDFs I might go back and grab it.

The local press-ganger analogue for guildball helped me get poo poo picked out so that helped! I'mma go play against him on Thursday to learn the ropes.

Also with my store credit I grabbed an extreme titan gladiator for my brother for 46 canadian bux, and some man o war shocktroopers for 33. I'm a little upset upon opening the troopers to learn there are only 3 in the box, (which would explain why they were on sale), but if I find another box of 3 that'd give me 2 more and a model to use as a Kovnik, I guess!

And I have $77 left over. Thanks horseshit magic card market!

Wizard Styles posted:

Which guild?

Probably going to take the plunge into X-Wing or Guild Ball because I'm not really sure where to go faction-wise with WMH - I'm probably quitting Circle but not sure what to replace it with or how much to focus on Ret since I still like Fury a lot more than Focus, and waiting out the first errata before I decide.

Guildball is cheaper, I think, and I don't see any trap models or horseshit like having to purchase one model to get cards for another, so it has an advantage there. X-Wing is a wildly different game from other tabletop stuff, though, and it's really fun to play! (Unless you're an idiot, like me, and constantly ram your ships into each other, which is Not Good.) I've personally set my x-wing stuff aside for a while and will look into it more once there is a better solution for obtaining the cards.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 15, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Yeah, I would go X-Wing, but the expansion model is lovely and annoying.
And there's that one local player who's just the walking embodiment of a negative play experience. And he's seriously always there and playing (or at least giving "advice"). I actually thought he was just a really lazy employee for a while but no, he just spends all his free time playing X-Wing.

Anyway, Guild Ball looks cool but very obviously influenced by WMH. I'll need to see how much it differs in actual play before I really buy in.
Probably going to go Alchemists and/or Fishermen if I do. Fishermen should suit me best, but Alchemists sound fun as well.

gannyGrabber posted:

Thanks horseshit magic card market!
My biggest gaming regret is not taking advantage of the ridiculousness of MTG prices when I was still playing or at least kinda following the game. Like, there's this Tarmogoyf card, which when it first came out went for 5-10 bucks, and I bought a playset because I thought it was pretty severely underrated at the time. I sold those cards a few years later for €100. Now you get at least that much for just one instead of a full four apparently, and I just wish I'd bought a lot more of those things that one time I realized a card was undervalued.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 15, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's okay, buddy. Back when I was playing some dude tricked me into trading away my pair of Dark Confidants for some shiny looking trash. I had no idea a card from a set that was 5ish years old at the time was worth 50ish bux. Whoops!

The magic giveth and it taketh away.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

Gooble gobble, one of us!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I mean I still ended up playing like 6 games of warmen this week so it's not like that'll stop any time soon. And there's a 3 day event this coming weekend! It will melt my brain.

Any other Ottawa area goons going to the CCBB???

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Picked up the old mk2 Khador battlebox super cheap this weekend. Any advice how to expand it? I know nothing about Khador other than I played against Karchev and 7 Beserkers last night and holy poo poo is Behemoth terrifying.

Saying that Elara2 won with a janky apparition-boundless charge- teleport onto the enemy flag to win 5-0.

Someone please sell me Elara2. I will do sex stuff.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Wizard Styles posted:

Which guild?

Focus owns now and is (imo) more fun than Fury these days because Power Up consistently feels like you're getting to cheat and it's super fun.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Serotonin posted:

Picked up the old mk2 Khador battlebox super cheap this weekend. Any advice how to expand it? I know nothing about Khador other than I played against Karchev and 7 Beserkers last night and holy poo poo is Behemoth terrifying.

Saying that Elara2 won with a janky apparition-boundless charge- teleport onto the enemy flag to win 5-0.

Someone please sell me Elara2. I will do sex stuff.

You don't have PMs it doesn't look like, but my FLGS picked up 1 copy of most of the limited edition boxes at gencon, so if you are really interested let me know and I will see if he still has the ret one Tuesday

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Khisanth Magus posted:

You don't have PMs it doesn't look like, but my FLGS picked up 1 copy of most of the limited edition boxes at gencon, so if you are really interested let me know and I will see if he still has the ret one Tuesday

I am genuinely interested. I live in the uk though so not sure if you are able to post it over here

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh i forgot to post this yesterday but to gluey finger goon: are you refrigerating your glue? You should! Chances are the bottle even says to. Makes it less runny and it sets better and faster.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

My meta was tiny and inactive before Mk3, and it's tiny and inactive after Mk3. :shrug:

90% of my games are against my same three friends which got into the game with me. In the past year since I started playing, there have been two tournaments, with five and eight players, respectively.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Geisladisk posted:

My meta was tiny and inactive before Mk3, and it's tiny and inactive after Mk3. :shrug:

90% of my games are against my same three friends which got into the game with me. In the past year since I started playing, there have been two tournaments, with five and eight players, respectively.

That's not so bad honestly. If you guys get the chance to travel for tournaments you should, it's a lot of fun!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Serotonin posted:

I am genuinely interested. I live in the uk though so not sure if you are able to post it over here

The cost to mail it would be pretty absurd, about $50 from what I am seeing on USPS's web site.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Anything is possible with the power of money!

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

gannyGrabber posted:

Oh i forgot to post this yesterday but to gluey finger goon: are you refrigerating your glue? You should! Chances are the bottle even says to. Makes it less runny and it sets better and faster.

what the gently caress this feels like one of those 'your laptop is also a scale, try it out by standing on it!' type posts. this is how i blow up my house, isn't it?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

fnordcircle posted:

what the gently caress this feels like one of those 'your laptop is also a scale, try it out by standing on it!' type posts. this is how i blow up my house, isn't it?

At worst all is your food is covered in super glue.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Khador goons: anyone tried conquest/victor in mk3? I keep trying to think of a good place for em but outside of psorscha I can't. Maybe pzerkova? Getting watcher punched by conquest is pretty funny, ignoring that it can't advance.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

albany academy posted:

Khador goons: anyone tried conquest/victor in mk3? I keep trying to think of a good place for em but outside of psorscha I can't.

Conquest seems good with pVlad for crit-fishing, since lots of people are playing non-gargossals.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

albany academy posted:

Khador goons: anyone tried conquest/victor in mk3? I keep trying to think of a good place for em but outside of psorscha I can't. Maybe pzerkova? Getting watcher punched by conquest is pretty funny, ignoring that it can't advance.

Conquest is fun as poo poo with Irusk2, as per usual.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

w00tmonger posted:

Conquest is fun as poo poo with Irusk2, as per usual.

Yeah, but more fun that big b and a mortar?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I don't play Khador, but I do kibitz with my Khador-playing friend a bit, and I really feel like Victor under Strakhov, with Sentry, should be good.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

albany academy posted:

Yeah, but more fun that big b and a mortar?

No mortar but I defyingly think more than b-dog. Boosted crit devastation gun is a riot

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

gannyGrabber posted:

Is this a thing? Because holy poo poo, mind blown if it is.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fnordcircle posted:

Raerlynn posted:

Is this a thing? Because holy poo poo, mind blown if it is.

Read the drat instructions on your glue, goons. I've never bought super glue that didn't say to refridgerate.

Also if you're really terrified of it exploding (it won't, it stays liquid in the fridge) put it in an old pill bottle or something.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I do enjoy conquest with FFE but Crit dev makes it a little dicier to use in proximity to my own dudes. I dig the kayazy + blast templates thing just because of how that interacts. I'll have to give it a go.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

Read the drat instructions on your glue, goons. I've never bought super glue that didn't say to refridgerate.

Also if you're really terrified of it exploding (it won't, it stays liquid in the fridge) put it in an old pill bottle or something.

This is what my daddy taught me

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Somebody is bringing this list to a fundraiser tournament:

Stockpile - Steamroller Objective
Absylonia, Daughter of Everblight - WB: +28
- Succubus - PC: 4
- Shredder - PC: 4
- Archangel - PC: 37 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1
Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1

Dear god

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Good. I hope he wins every round.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
But my PG, who just sold his Legion as part of his slimming down his factions as he just moved and doesn't have as much space in his new place, says that Shredders are trash!

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
US Goons, I need your help. I'm looking for 2 Heavy Rifle Teams for my lists in an upcoming team tournament and I cannot find the fuckers anywhere on the internet or the local stores. If you can find any, let me know and I'll pay for shipping and everything.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

US Goons, I need your help. I'm looking for 2 Heavy Rifle Teams for my lists in an upcoming team tournament and I cannot find the fuckers anywhere on the internet or the local stores. If you can find any, let me know and I'll pay for shipping and everything.

How long until the tournament?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
How much of a finders fee could I get? :twisted:

Real-talk, I know for a fact I can get one(I checked for it Friday but didn't get it), would need to check if I could get the second for sure and one of the stores that might have it in stock is closed Mondays.

I actually need a second one, but I am not in a huge hurry so I am letting the store I primarily play at wait until it is available at ACD and get it then.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

S.J. posted:

How long until the tournament?

Tournament is in October, list lock is Sept 15th so I'd like to have them in hand before I have to commit to this list.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

Tournament is in October, list lock is Sept 15th so I'd like to have them in hand before I have to commit to this list.

I just ordered some. There's almost none left at distribution. Probably won't be in until next week but I should be able to help you out.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Khisanth Magus posted:

The cost to mail it would be pretty absurd, about $50 from what I am seeing on USPS's web site.

That's absurd. Ok dream over. Thanks for looking.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

S.J. posted:

I just ordered some. There's almost none left at distribution. Probably won't be in until next week but I should be able to help you out.

Yeah, our stores had a similar issue with distribution (except they were totally out). Super appreciate it dude!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

Yeah, our stores had a similar issue with distribution (except they were totally out). Super appreciate it dude!

There were literally 6 in stock in another regions warehouse from one distributor and that was it. I'll let you know when they arrive so I can get your deets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Crossroads of Courage season 1 stuff up: http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/leagues/crossroads-of-courage